It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The media and fan hype around Fields is insane. I don't see a scenario where multiple teams aren't willing to give the Bears multiple first round picks plus for his services.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Fields paltry 149.5 '22-'23 ypg is amazing that his 15 games he wasn't ever pulled early with an injury to drag the ypg down (99% of snaps, 61 per game). 2 <100 yg, only 2 200+ yg,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:34 am 

Nas wrote:
The media and fan hype around Fields is insane. I don't see a scenario where multiple teams aren't willing to give the Bears multiple first round picks plus for his services.

The media and fan hype is insane but we don't know that front offices feel the same way. Also, after seeing the way Watson and Wilson have turned out, will teams get gun shy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Fields paltry 149.5 '22-'23 ypg is amazing that his 15 games he wasn't ever pulled early with an injury to drag the ypg down (99% of snaps, 61 per game). 2 <100 yg, only 2 200+ yg,

This is a dumb stat on your part. When accounting for yards you have to account for rush yards as well. In your book you'd critique Fields for having zero passing yards on a drive where he accounted for a 60 yard rushing TD.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

The media and fan hype is insane but we don't know that front offices feel the same way. Also, after seeing the way Watson and Wilson have turned out, will teams get gun shy?

The opinions of fans and media greatly influence coaches and front offices. We saw Nagy reluctantly start Fields because of fan and media pressure, even though he knew Fields wasn't ready. I also think Fields is different because he doesn't require a significant financial investment.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:51 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

This is a dumb stat on your part. When accounting for yards you have to account for rush yards as well. In your book you'd critique Fields for having zero passing yards on a drive where he accounted for a 60 yard rushing TD.

Does 210 total ypg for his career or 225 total ypg for the season excite you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
this likely will be the worst bears team by winning percentage since 1969's 1-13 effort.... but i've never felt better about a bad bears season because the QB has shown glimpses of greatness. talk of trading him is frankly idiotic unless it's an unimaginable draft pick haul. build a roster and offense around what he can do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:58 am 
100000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
this likely will be the worst bears team by winning percentage since 1969's 1-13 effort.... but i've never felt better about a bad bears season because the QB has shown glimpses of greatness. talk of trading him is frankly idiotic unless it's an unimaginable draft pick haul. build a roster and offense around what he can do.

He can run. I'm not sure having 10 offensive linemen on the field is 21st century football.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The GM so far has shown incapable of constructing a roster. Granted, they went after trash in Free Agency, but that was a disaster, the draft picks have been underwhelming, Brisker has been a disaster the past few weeks. Also I thought you construct a roster front to back, why take two DB's with your first two picks when the front 7 is a mess and you a really good WR sitting there as well (Hi George Pickens)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
The GM so far has shown incapable of constructing a roster. Granted, they went after trash in Free Agency, but that was a disaster, the draft picks have been underwhelming, Brisker has been a disaster the past few weeks. Also I thought you construct a roster front to back, why take two DB's with your first two picks when the front 7 is a mess and you a really good WR sitting there as well (Hi George Pickens)

Your negative feelings haven't made it to Fields yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:11 pm 

Are you saying I haven't been critical of Fields?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Fields is such an elite runner and unique playmaker that I do think maybe a completely new offense can be designed around that by a forward-thinking offensive staff, but it would require a full commitment to build something completely new, something original and outside-the-box. I don't know that he can ever fit the mold of a downfield passing threat around the pocket that requires a great deal of anticipation of routes being run. I mean, the guy is an amazing athlete.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Are you saying I haven't been critical of Fields?

I don't recall seeing them recently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:17 pm 

He hasn't been good the last few weeks, that's for sure, but I stand by my comments on Poles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:27 pm 

this may sound crazy because it was a resounding failure in all instances an NFL team attempted it, but you know what Fields could be good at? A full-blown run-and-shoot. Spread everything out to the max with small, quick wideouts and give Fields the green light to run at will. I think he is the kind of QB that could make an offense like that work, if ever it could. I'm not staking my franchise on it, but i think a gimmicky offense like that could suit him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:28 pm 

I am not sold he is the answer. He did enough to get another year. Hopefully he figures out what NFL open is this off season.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Lol run and shoot. Why not wishbone or full Nebraska option?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:32 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
this may sound crazy because it was a resounding failure in all instances an NFL team attempted it, but you know what Fields could be good at? A full-blown run-and-shoot. Spread everything out to the max with small, quick wideouts and give Fields the green light to run at will. I think he is the kind of QB that could make an offense like that work, if ever it could. I'm not staking my franchise on it, but i think a gimmicky offense like that could suit him.

Drinking early today?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:33 pm 

Run 6 plays, split veer. like Novocain. Just give it time, it always works

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:45 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I’ve done a 180 on them over the past few weeks. I originally wanted them to use the off-season to shore up their offense, add some skill guys, help Fields out, etc.

Now I think they ought to sign 2-3 competent vet OLs and allocate the majority of their resources to defense. Be a run first, defense led team with one of the better running QBs we’ve ever seen. Don’t do the thing they did with Mitch where they try to turn a guy into a pocket passer who’s clearly not a pocket passer.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I’ve done a 180 on them over the past few weeks. I originally wanted them to use the off-season to shore up their offense, add some skill guys, help Fields out, etc.

Now I think they ought to sign 2-3 competent vet OLs and allocate the majority of their resources to defense. Be a run first, defense led team with one of the better running QBs we’ve ever seen. Don’t do the thing they did with Mitch where they try to turn a guy into a pocket passer who’s clearly not a pocket passer.

Yeah, this is probably the way to go. Adding a TE like Schultz would make sense too. I'm a fan of Herbert, but I would take a more dynamic running back too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
looks like fields is out this week. will peterman put up a stidham like performance against the viking backups to cost us the 2nd pick?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
billypootons wrote:
looks like fields is out this week. will peterman put up a stidham like performance against the viking backups to cost us the 2nd pick?

Keep going after Duke Shelley like every other team has.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Keep going after Duke Shelley like every other team has.

My guy Duke has been better.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:22 pm 

I would start fields so he gets the record and then pull him after one play.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:35 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Lol run and shoot. Why not wishbone or full Nebraska option?

LOL all you want, but unless he can clean things up in the passing game, these may be the kinds of offenses he is suited for. I am not a hater, I think the guy has ridiculous athletic ability, it just isn't suited for a current winning NFL offense.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
man of few opinions wrote:
I think the guy has ridiculous athletic ability, it just isn't suited for a current winning NFL offense.
Fields definitely needs to improve in the passing game next year. He's missed throws and his decision making has been suspect at times. His OLine largely sucks, Kmet's ceiling is average at best, and his WRs (outside of Claypool, who's been hurt) are barely NFL caliber. Those aren't excuses, that is reality.

If you can't build a design a prolific offense with a guy like Justin Fields at the helm, you don't belong as an NFL scout, much less a GM.

Poles will have to the picks and the cap space to improve both sides of the ball next year. If Fields gets some legit NFL talent around him and doesn't take a big step forward, then its time to worry.

There is going to be at least one 9 win team in the playoffs on the NFC side this season. There might be as many as three 9 win playoff teams. Bears should be striving for 9-10 wins and contending for a playoff spot next season. Super Bowl the following season.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:58 pm 

The bears have everything they need to make a substantial step forward. If the front office knows deep in their hearts Fields isn't the guy, the table is set for them to go another direction.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
That's a fair point. But will the guy they replace Fields with be a better football player or worse football player than Fields is?

Its like the Giants kind of, right? Is Daniel Jones going to Canton or winning an MVP? Probably not. Can you build a good enough team to win with a guy like Jones? Well, they have already clinched a playoff spot and might get to double digit wins in a fierce division, so I would say the answer to that is yes.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 146  Next