It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The QB's passing yards is an antiquated value measurement tool argument is rich. What's next TD/int ratio, and rtg?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
blackhawksfan wrote:
No, just putting it out there because the #1 reason people say Fields passing stats are so bad is the talent around him. Just saying Cutler had trash around him and he put up good stats. He had a costly turnover problem but that's another story.

That's not trash.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:
The QB's passing yards is an antiquated value measurement tool argument is rich. What's next TD/int ratio, and rtg?

You seem quite dense. In a 42-21 win over the Panthers, Joe Burrow passed for a "pedestrian" 205 yards. Was that a good performance or bad in your sophisticated view?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

You seem quite dense. In a 42-21 win over the Panthers, Joe Burrow passed for a "pedestrian" 205 yards. Was that a good performance or bad in your sophisticated view?

These are outliers. You can point to a lot of quarterbacks who played well but didn't have a lot of passing or total yards. You can't find that for a season or a career.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:19 pm 

It's not necessarily an outlier. The board as a whole has this passing yard debate on and off throughout the years. Burrow "only" had 205 because Mixon ran for 153 that game, therefore reducing the need for Burrow to launch air raids since that yardage production went to Mixon. Passing yards are a function of game flows. If the opposing offense carries out time consuming drives to keep your offense off the field, like the Titans for example with Henry, that leaves your offense with less time to rack up yards. That's why even for elite QBs like Burrow his talent/capabilities are not captured in passing yards, whether they're high or low. It's more about ratios that assess progress down the field compared to however many opportunities he had to progress down the field. Passing yards don't give you that story. They also obscure the conditions in which that yardage was accumulated - garbage time vs more competitive game scenarios, etc. It's a secondary stat imo and not some insightful metric as Vito believes.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Is Getsy trying to get fired ? This kind of racially charged criticism of his QB wont be allowed to go unpinished

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:34 am 
100000 CLUB

Some good stuff.

“Take the fumble that he had — the strip fumble, those types of plays,” said Luke Getsy referring to Fields’ second quarter fumble in Week 17. “He snaps the ball they’re in one coverage, catches the ball and they rotate to a different coverage. He's got to be able to play the play with better instincts. There’s a ton of things we’ve got to grow from, those types of opportunities.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-bears-beli ... 48603.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:12 am 

Quote:
“He doesn’t see things like everybody else does,” Getsy said. “So you work through that in the sense of like, OK, what’s your why? Why did you it? He communicates that more clearly than any human being in the world. So what’s cool about Justin is that he’s kind of on that path. He has his whys. He sees what he sees and he’s able to communicate that. And then all you do is you just reflect, OK, the process tells you this. Now we need to apply it and then you never ignore instincts.”

MVP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:56 am 
100000 CLUB

Justin Fields is 5-20 as a starter. In his 5 career WINS, Fields has 5 total touchdowns, 5 interceptions, and 8 fumbles. The Bears will have to be great for Fields to get his record as a starter to .500 by the end of his rookie deal. Also, Fields has never thrown for 300 yards in 25 starts.

On the bright side, Fields has 20 total touchdowns, 6 interceptions, and only 1 game with a passer rating below 76 since Week 6.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:59 am 

Nas wrote:
Justin Fields is 5-20 as a starter. In his 5 career WINS, Fields has 5 total touchdowns, 5 interceptions, and 8 fumbles... Also, Fields has never thrown for 300 yards in 25 starts.

Career 152.3 ypg 79.7 rtg. Can't read defenses yet. Passing accuracy highly questionable. One of the NFL's worst passers in his 2-year career. Propped up by mandated shills as "superman". Best quality is running ability. Run dominant QBs don't win super bowls though.

With all this said still the best QB prospect with highest potential ceiling in pitiful modern Bears QB history.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
vitoscotti wrote:
Nas wrote:
Justin Fields is 5-20 as a starter. In his 5 career WINS, Fields has 5 total touchdowns, 5 interceptions, and 8 fumbles... Also, Fields has never thrown for 300 yards in 25 starts.

Career 152.3 ypg 79.7 rtg. Can't read defenses yet. Passing accuracy highly questionable. One of the NFL's worst passers in his 2-year career. Propped up by mandated shills as "superman". Best quality is running ability. Run dominant QBs don't win super bowls though.

With all this said still the best QB prospect with highest potential ceiling in pitiful modern Bears QB history.

The thought seems to be that he can be great but needs help around him. He’s definitely proven to be a playmaker, and the Bears are about to be in a real good position to put talent around him.

I need to see improvement in his passing tho for sure. But.. Like (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky before him, not all of this is Justin’s fault. And I do want to see what this loooks like with more talent around him on offense, specifically on the O-line.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:21 am 
100000 CLUB

He's a "dynamic" playmaker. You could put Jerry Rice and Randy Moss out there, and I'm not sure this version of Fields would be an average passer. The Bears have to upgrade their offensive line dramatically. Fields only trusts himself to throw the home run balls. We need to give him more time to throw them and some running lanes when those passes aren't there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:51 pm 

Mills has more game winning drives than fields

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Bears’ season-ending average of 130.5 passing yards per game not only ranked last in the NFL by a country mile, but also put them in a small class of 11 teams in the past 25 seasons that have averaged fewer than 140.

For full context, the 2022 Bears’ passing average ranks sixth-worst out of 795 NFL teams during that span; meanwhile, 116 teams since 1998 doubled what the Bears did this season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

How many sacks did the Bears patchwork offensive line give up yesterday? One. The Bears offensive line gave up a total of 3 sacks in the games Fields didn't start.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:20 am 

Nas wrote:
How many sacks did the Bears patchwork offensive line give up yesterday? One. The Bears offensive line gave up a total of 3 sacks in the games Fields didn't start.

Not an indictment of him at all. Not his fault. They just block better for the other guys .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
have fun debating his talent... but try not to smile watching some of his 2022 highlights. those TD runs are ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmOHfUO-RcE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:51 am 

billypootons wrote:
have fun debating his talent... but try not to smile watching some of his 2022 highlights. those TD runs are ridiculous

Pretty sad indictment if the highlights of a quarterback’s season are runs .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:53 am 

billypootons wrote:

Put him on buffalo's roster as starting RB and they're unstoppable.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
badrogue17 wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Pretty sad indictment if the highlights of a quarterback’s season are runs .

thanks for the comment deb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:31 am 

Tom Thayer with Haugh & ZZ struggled with juggling the Score's mandated Fields' praise and reality.

Haugh - How often did you ask yourself if Jalen Hurts can do that Justin Fields can do that next year because of the similarities in style and athleticism. After seeing Jalen Hurts do you have hope for Justin Fields you didn't have before the game (Super Bowl) that Justin Fields is on that path?

Thayer - I do believe that Justin is on that path. If Fields can improve his passing accuracy (27th '22) thats going to improve him significantly. A lot of that has to do with reading the defense in the cadence.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Parkins had Jarret Payton on yesterday and even ultra fanboy Parkins had to pump the brakes on the gushing over Fields.
Payton: "Every single person I talked to at the Super Bowl said the exact same thing: that guy is super athletic and super intelligent. He is a DUDE and you need to build around him."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:46 am 

It's really fascinating how high everyone is on Fields but they never say out loud "if he learns how to pass" which is kind of a big deal for a quarterback.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
It's really fascinating how high everyone is on Fields but they never say out loud "if he learns how to pass" which is kind of a big deal for a quarterback.

Yep. I watched Josh McCown breakdown film on CJ Stroud, and he mentioned Fields' sack rate was twice that of Stroud's despite Fields' superior athleticism. By all accounts Fields is book smart, but he clearly has an issue processing information.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:07 am 

My reputation at my company grew exponentially once someone with my position at a different company really excelled last quarter.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:11 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yep. I watched Josh McCown breakdown film on CJ Stroud, and he mentioned Fields' sack rate was twice that of Stroud's despite Fields' superior athleticism. By all accounts Fields is book smart, but he clearly has an issue processing information.

He seems like he has been coached so much on "going through his progressions" that he does so even when it doesn't make sense, like when there are clear mismatches or the defense has obviously taken something away from him. He is a bit of a football automaton rather than an instinctive player at this stage of his career.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:25 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

He seems like he has been coached so much on "going through his progressions" that he does so even when it doesn't make sense, like when there are clear mismatches or the defense has obviously taken something away from him. He is a bit of a football automaton rather than an instinctive player at this stage of his career.

I think TM nails it here. He is like a robot in the pocket. And that does not work very well at the pro level.

We will see if his willingness to work on this stuff will pay off.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:01 pm 

I'm not sure if you can work on instincts though. Can you? Someone was talking about burrow recently and said his ability to throw in anticipation is something he's born with, the instinct meaning and not his throwing ability, which you can work on.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:25 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I'm not sure if you can work on instincts though. Can you? Someone was talking about burrow recently and said his ability to throw in anticipation is something he's born with, the instinct meaning and not his throwing ability, which you can work on.

I dont really know, I wouldn't think so. It is never going to be natural for him, but maybe he can get it to at least a decent level.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 146  Next