It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I'm not sure if you can work on instincts though. Can you? Someone was talking about burrow recently and said his ability to throw in anticipation is something he's born with, the instinct meaning and not his throwing ability, which you can work on.

I dont really know, I wouldn't think so. It is never going to be natural for him, but maybe he can get it to at least a decent level.

This conversation reminds me of the more depressing parts of the Cutty era. Wasn’t the read on him that he couldn’t anticipate but would just wait til he saw a guy open and fire it in there?

Is Fields just a more mobile, better insulinated Jay Cutler?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:32 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I'm not sure if you can work on instincts though. Can you? Someone was talking about burrow recently and said his ability to throw in anticipation is something he's born with, the instinct meaning and not his throwing ability, which you can work on.

They need to turn him loose. That was the big error they made last year. He needed a couple games where he threw it 35-40 times just to get used to it and see what he can do when he's not playing conservatively. It's not like we were missing out on the playoffs because we were giving him a lot to work on in the offseason and he turned it over more than you would like.

Lamar Jackson has 22 games out of 82 in the regular season where he threw it 30 times or more.
Justin Fields has 3 in 27 career games and none in 2022 where his high was 27 attempts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I dont really know, I wouldn't think so. It is never going to be natural for him, but maybe he can get it to at least a decent level.

This conversation reminds me of the more depressing parts of the Cutty era. Wasn’t the read on him that he couldn’t anticipate but would just wait til he saw a guy open and fire it in there?

Someone said his ceiling was Jay Cutler and that guy was forced to apologize within 48 hours. It was fine to criticize Trey Lance, but we must praise out 34 ranked passer.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I don't remember Jalen Hurts throwing with anticipation in college. That's part of the reason he was benched in favor of Tua.

But he's doing quite well in that area now.

Can Fields improve in a similar way?

I have no idea.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Seeing more and more of the Bears will trade Fields stuff, seems there are quite a few people that think Fields will never develop as a passer and it is best to trade him now because his value will never be higher.

Not sure if any of the QB's coming out this year are true #1 QB prospects, Maye and Williams look to be better prospects than anyone in this years draft, this makes trading down and picking up the Raiders or Panthers #1 next year while rebuilding your roster more appealing than trading Fields for a late first pick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Clawmaster wrote:
Seeing more and more of the Bears will trade Fields stuff, seems there are quite a few people that think Fields will never develop as a passer and it is best to trade him now because his value will never be higher.

Not sure if any of the QB's coming out this year are true #1 QB prospects, Maye and Williams look to be better prospects than anyone in this years draft, this makes trading down and picking up the Raiders or Panthers #1 next year while rebuilding your roster more appealing than trading Fields for a late first pick.

And this is why I’ve been thinking about the double trade back with Houston then Indy since the #1 pick landed in the Bears lap.. get next years 1st rounders out of them increasing your odds of landing multiple top 10 picks while also buying time for 1 more year with Fields to see how he develops.

Not to mention you can potentially land a game changer this year at #4 with Carter or Anderson, not to mention what they should be able to do in free agency.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

This motherfucker complained about our wind. He said he would prefer playing in a dome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Is our wind the GOAT?? Light 'em up, Chicago

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nearly every time I hear this kid talk, he bothers me. The arrogance and blame shifting is annoying. He hasn't accomplished anything to want to be kept in the loop. Publicly suggesting draft picks and sharing play calling tendencies is stupid.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/podcast/ ... -on-chicks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Pmt interview was fine. Relax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
Pmt interview was fine. Relax

I won't. He even threw Getsy under the bus. The kid hasn't proven he can throw and he talks like he's an established superstar.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:47 pm 

Poles may think Fields is not the guy, but like next years QB class better than this years.

Heard and interesting take on Fields, that his lack of accuracy on short passes makes it hard to build anything off the QB run game because he has not shown the accuracy to hit backs and TE's on the short passes that open up when the LB's hesitate to see if he is going to keep the ball and run.

They will need to find an upgrade backup QB, Fields will likely miss numerous games each year if he continues to take hits like he has during his first few years in the league.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Cutty was soft, hated by his teammates.. bad comp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:52 pm 

Nas wrote:
This motherfucker complained about our wind. He said he would prefer playing in a dome.

It was stupid to say it out loud if only because so many stupid Bears fans still believe in the fallacy of Bear Weather.

Fact of the matter is that Soldier Field blows on every level except for the luxury suites and it’s going to be years before a skill position player from a warmer weather home will consider coming here. Especially if a low/no state tax team is an alternative.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

It was stupid to say it out loud if only because so many stupid Bears fans still believe in the fallacy of Bear Weather.

Fact of the matter is that Soldier Field blows on every level except for the luxury suites and it’s going to be years before a skill position player from a warmer weather home will consider coming here. Especially if a low/no state tax team is an alternative.

Money talks, and some players like the cold. Besides, teams don't usually let those types of guys reach free agency. Hopefully, a competent Poles is able to draft some of them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:17 pm 

The strange thing is that he is the one who benefits the most from playing in the wind because of how often he runs the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
The strange thing is that he is the one who benefits the most from playing in the wind because of how often he runs the ball.

It gives him a great excuse for his accuracy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:51 pm 

Brick wrote:

He’s simply starting to work his way out of town asap. That it may cut down on what the Bears can expect in return is hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:51 pm 

The Eagles gave you the perfect template for Justin Fields, a few QB runs, quick accurate outlets passes to TE's and WR's get the DB's line up a certain way, and then take your deep shots.

You should get one on one's all day outside as they keep a safety close to fill the potential QB run lane or if the safety hesitates or does not flip his hips to cover the outside third, but you MUST hit those or the D just clog up your run lanes and force you to accurately dink and dunk down the field, you make break a run occasionally, but the D will hammer your QB to the point that he does not want to run the ball anymore.

There were numerous times last year where Fields seemed totally content with what he had done running the ball early and made some business decisions late in games after taking a few too many hits. Teams saw that and just attacked the interior of the Bears O line because they saw the same thing, Justin Fields getting happy feet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:53 pm 

If it’s from the PMT interview, he was making some point about having to wear a lot more clothes to stay warm, which make him feel slower.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Brick wrote:

He’s simply starting to work his way out of town asap. That it may cut down on what the Bears can expect in return is hilarious.

I don't think he's doing it purposely. He's been in the spotlight for too long not to recognize trap questions or understand how to navigate them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:54 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Brick wrote:

I don't think he's doing it purposely. He's been in the spotlight for too long not to recognize trap questions or understand how to navigate them.

I think the question was “do you love Bear weather,” and was intended as a joke.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:55 pm 

If it’s from the PMT interview, he was making some point about having to wear a lot more clothes to stay warm, which make him feel slower.

"Runs slow wearing clothes" was in the negatives on his draft profile.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bernstein & Larry really belittling Fields naysayers in a bizarre segment praising themselves for truthfulness. Larry praising Fields 17th QBR rank

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Brick wrote:

I think the question was “do you love Bear weather,” and was intended as a joke.

I'm not sure it was intended as a joke. They tried to get a lot of good soundbites out of him under the guise of keeping it light and being Stans.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:11 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Brick wrote:

Listening to the national media today, I don’t think they saw it as a joke.

But then again the ones who don’t see it as a joke are ridiculously suggesting that a good reason to trade him is to restart a rookie contract with Bryce Young. Like he could survive playing on this team bereft of talented players.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:14 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Brick wrote:

I'm not sure it was intended as a joke. They tried to get a lot of good soundbites out of him under the guise of keeping it light and being Stans.

You’re way overthinking Big Cat.

That guy is a bigger jersey chaser than that lady who bragged about blowing half the Suns’ roster in an afternoon.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Clawmaster wrote:
Poles may think Fields is not the guy, but like next years QB class better than this years.

Heard and interesting take on Fields, that his lack of accuracy on short passes makes it hard to build anything off the QB run game because he has not shown the accuracy to hit backs and TE's on the short passes that open up when the LB's hesitate to see if he is going to keep the ball and run.

They will need to find an upgrade backup QB, Fields will likely miss numerous games each year if he continues to take hits like he has during his first few years in the league.

Its like you and some others just refuse to believe that a player like Fields can advance. Me? I see a great one of a kind qb long term. I see the guy as the best pitcher in the division next year. Give the guy some good receivers and an offensive line please. No quarterback in football could have won 5 gmes with the Bears last season.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
vitoscotti wrote:
Bernstein & Larry really belittling Fields naysayers in a bizarre segment praising themselves for truthfulness. Larry praising Fields 17th QBR rank

The naysayers should be belittled. They can't see and understand generational talent like Fields has.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Lombardi claimed on his podcast Thursday that it is 50/50 that Fields will be the Bears starting QB. Said he has heard the front office wants a better passer, but cannot shop Fields due to the 1st pick. (Unsure that makes sense, but whatever.) Said they are hoping to get offers for him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 146  Next