It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Brick wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
Fields has some exceptional talents and if they choose to keep him, that coaching staff should be hard at work developing a new offense that truly takes advantage of his talents. This guy is not conventional and the Bears need to invent some schemes that suit him, he isn’t going to be molded into something a lot of people wish he was. If they decide he is the guy, they need to come up with something outside the box to take advantage of it.

He could pass in college. Either learn to pass in the NFL or switch to running back.

Hilarious.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:24 am 

The Hawk wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Who says that Fields isn't able to throw?
Anyone who has ever watched a Bears game.

Rubbish. So, the guy quarterbacking the Ohio State Buckeyes and had excellent statistics to show for it in throwing the ball was someone else? I saw this same qb make some very good throws along with some bad ones. For a team which had a terrible offensive line and weak receiving for the entire season.

Lots of great college quarterbacks can't figure out how to throw it well in the NFL.

If it wasn't for his running he would be on the way to being cut.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
He had all day to throw and wide open receivers at Ohio State. He didn’t need to process defenses as quickly.

At the most elite levels of sports, only a tiny percentage of skill separates the the great from the good or the mediocre. Just as Fields has that special something in running ability, to this point it is evident that he doesn’t have it with passing. And just as you can’t reasonably expect certain QBs to run like Fields, you can’t assume Fields will eventually pass like Mahomes or Burrow.

And the “supporting cast” argument is the same thing we went through with Cutler…until he was given a good supporting cast and still sucked.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:26 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
He had all day to throw and wide open receivers at Ohio State. He didn’t need to process defenses as quickly.

At the most elite levels of sports, only a tiny percentage of skill separates the the great from the good or the mediocre. Just as Fields has that special something in running ability, to this point it is evident that he doesn’t have it with passing. And just as you can’t reasonably expect certain QBs to run like Fields, you can’t assume Fields will eventually pass like Mahomes or Burrow.

And the “supporting cast” argument is the same thing we went through with Cutler…until he was given a good supporting cast and still sucked.

Fields will never pass like Mahones or Burrow and they will never run like Fields. The question is if you rather have a L.Jackson type QB or roll the dice in the draft and pick up a guy with the comp of Mahones but smaller. Personally, I would trade Fields and draft a QB. I do not like scrambling to be my QB's number 1 skill. Their careers are short and they have never won their team a Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Cutler was 3 seasons in with a 4000 plus yard season under his belt before the Bears got ahold of him. Fields is still developing as a prospect and hasn’t had much around him to help with that development -not to mention he spent his 1st season with a head coach that had already proven he had no idea what he was doing. Cutler was a full 7 years into his career when people were still making those excuses, it’s not at all a good or fair comparison imo

Almost every star QB needs a supporting cast, Burrow most likely isn’t all that good without Higgins, Chase, and Mixon.. Hurts looked completely different once the Eagles got guys like AJ Brown. Allen took big steps after Diggs landed there..

You can hate it all you want, but most QB’s need a supporting cast and good coaching to maximize their potential. Hell, most players in the NFL need that. I will never understand people that dismiss this criticism as nothing more than an excuse.. especially when any sane person should be able to agree that the Bears have very little top tier talent on the offensive side of the ball. I mean, it’s not a lie to say the Bears don’t have much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
NME wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Cutler was 3 seasons in with a 4000 plus yard season under his belt before the Bears got ahold of him. Fields is still developing as a prospect and hasn’t had much around him to help with that development -not to mention he spent his 1st season with a head coach that had already proven he had no idea what he was doing. Cutler was a full 7 years into his career when people were still making those excuses, it’s not at all a good or fair comparison imo

Almost every star QB needs a supporting cast, Burrow most likely isn’t all that good without Higgins, Chase, and Mixon.. Hurts looked completely different once the Eagles got guys like AJ Brown. Allen took big steps after Diggs landed there..

You can hate it all you want, but most QB’s need a supporting cast and good coaching to maximize their potential. Hell, most players in the NFL need that. I will never understand people that dismiss this criticism as nothing more than an excuse.. especially when any sane person should be able to agree that the Bears have very little top tier talent on the offensive side of the ball. I mean, it’s not a lie to say the Bears don’t have much.

Yup.

Aaron Rodgers was a different QB without Davante Adams

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Fumbles

28 - Fields in 27 games
95 - Cutler in 153 games
159 - if Fields plays 153 games

166 - Brett Favre in 302 games
313 - if Fields plays 302 games

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:32 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Fumbles

28 - Fields in 27 games
95 - Cutler in 153 games
159 - if Fields plays 153 games

166 - Brett Favre in 302 games
313 - if Fields plays 302 games

Josh Allen has 52 fumbles in roughly 70 starts.. what’s your point..?

And I doubt Fields continues to fumble at a 1 for 1 rate for his entire career.. especially if he becomes more of a passer than a runner (which he was in college)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:57 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Rubbish. No receivers worth a crap. A bunch of never were offensive linemen. Cutler was in no way similar to Fields and never had as bad an offensive line and receivers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:05 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Fields will never pass like Mahones or Burrow and they will never run like Fields. The question is if you rather have a L.Jackson type QB or roll the dice in the draft and pick up a guy with the comp of Mahones but smaller. Personally, I would trade Fields and draft a QB. I do not like scrambling to be my QB's number 1 skill. Their careers are short and they have never won their team a Super Bowl.

The problem is that this year's QBs don't appear to wow anyone, unlike next year's class.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:06 pm 

Everyone hopes Fields improves his reading of defenses, passing, and cutting back on his 1 fumble a game average. He could stall in improvement or even get worse in all three. Fellow fumbler Daunte Culpepper maintained his 1 fumble a game average through his long career

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Black QBs fumble says vito. Shocking

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Be pretty funny if they actually did.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:51 pm 

NME wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Great Post! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:58 am 

Especially not being Poles pick his prospect status will wind down early in the coming season. Then he's on the hot seat and have to produce no matter the surrounding talent. This will be the last year he's handed the starting job on a silver platter solely on his unmet potential high ceiling. He'll be under even more intense pressure and scrutiny. If they load up the offensive line and wide receivers and he still stinks the year could get ugly for him. Hopefully he beats the odds and has a terrific passing year and is the QB of the Bears future and not another wasted #1 pick..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:44 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

You've posted an unbelievable 97794 times!!! If you took a step each time you posted that would convert to 49 miles!!! That would be like walking from Chicago to Kenosha, WI!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:42 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Where do you get your football information from? You make it appear that you think a dice roll can net you a Patrick Mahomes. I say that Mahomes greatness is mainly due to his mobility and ability to make tacklers miss more than anything else. And there is no one in college this year who is close to the ability of Mahomes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:13 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
And there is no one in college this year who is close to the ability of Mahomes.

Caleb Williams.. but he’s not expected to enter the draft until next year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:58 am 

next year is really a bumper crop of QB talent if they all come out

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
plenty of people have mentioned it but Fields on his best day will be Lamar Jackson. And I don't think Lamar's going to ever take the Ravens to a super bowl winner. Might have to think about starting over at QB.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Fields had better WR this year than Lamar Jackson has had in his career. Lamar Jackson is the Ravens offense. For better or worse.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
plenty of people have mentioned it but Fields on his best day will be Lamar Jackson. And I don't think Lamar's going to ever take the Ravens to a super bowl winner. Might have to think about starting over at QB.

I think Justin Fields has a very high upside as a NFL passer, higher than what we have seen from Lamar Jackson.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
BD wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

I think Justin Fields has a very high upside as a NFL passer, higher than what we have seen from Lamar Jackson.

Fields Will new sniff the stats Jackson had in 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:04 pm 

Nas wrote:
Fields had better WR this year than Lamar Jackson has had in his career. Lamar Jackson is the Ravens offense. For better or worse.

?? Fields was the only offense the bears had last year too. i never left a season thinking "well that was mostly on everyone else but the quarterback". he did have plenty of rookie moments but his highlights were the best in the league. we would have been 0-17 without him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:17 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BD wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What did you sniff before typing that post. :D

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BD wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What did you sniff before typing that post. :D

:drunken: standing line to board a flight... :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BD wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Neither will lamar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
IkeSouth wrote:
we would have been 0-17 without him.

That’s quite the endorsement… he won three games! And let’s look at Fields in those three wins:

8/17 for 121 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, 85.7
8/17 for 106 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, 27.7
13/21 for 179 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 85.2

And Mooney was playing in those first two wins.

I think Poles is going to shock everyone (especially at WSCR) and draft a QB.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jaw Breaker wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

That’s quite the endorsement… he won three games! And let’s look at Fields in those three wins:

I don't think there was a trade market for him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:02 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Stats don't say shit compared to what your eyes see. Fields is great. But I would still draft a QB because why the hell not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 146  Next