It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
IkeSouth wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
we would have been 0-17 without him.

That’s quite the endorsement… he won three games! And let’s look at Fields in those three wins:

8/17 for 121 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, 85.7
8/17 for 106 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, 27.7
13/21 for 179 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 85.2

And Mooney was playing in those first two wins.

I think Poles is going to shock everyone (especially at WSCR) and draft a QB.

Stats don't say shit compared to what your eyes see. Fields is great. But I would still draft a QB because why the hell not.

He's not painted into a corner even if he doesn't like Fields. There's always next year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

That’s quite the endorsement… he won three games! And let’s look at Fields in those three wins:

Stats don't say shit compared to what your eyes see. Fields is great. But I would still draft a QB because why the hell not.

He's not painted into a corner even if he doesn't like Fields. There's always next year.

Agreed

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i'm with Jaw Breaker.
you'll never forgive yourself when Young is in the HoF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Wrong year to pick a QB unfortunately. Apparently

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:40 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Agreed

and I think Poles sees it that way as well

I really like next year's group. If Fields is bad, they will be drafting high. If he is good, they will draft in the middle, where there will still be good players. Even in a best case scenario, I'd like to get a QB out of next year's group.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:47 pm 

The other thing that is worrisome is that the Bears window to win the Super Bowl is narrowing with Fields unless he is a HOF talent. Fields is going to get expensive after year 4. Tua got about $23 million and that number will go up some. After that, Fields is probably either gone or making $45 million a year.

One of the benefits of trading Fields for the right price and drafting a QB is you reset that contract situation to a time period which is more in line when you expect the Bears to be a Super Bowl contender if things go well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The contract reset sounds nice, but then you either have to get a guy that is at least as good as Fields and still wait for his development. In the meantime, you are necessarily slowing the progress of filing the rest of the roster out. If you keep Fields, you will get draft capital for the number one overall well in excess of what Fields will get you.

But we all know, the entire thing is about getting a top 10 or better QB. And none of us know if Fields is that guy nor do we know if any of the QB's coming out are that guy. The rest of it does not matter without a top QB.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:30 pm 

denisdman wrote:
The contract reset sounds nice, but then you either have to get a guy that is at least as good as Fields and still wait for his development. In the meantime, you are necessarily slowing the progress of filing the rest of the roster out. If you keep Fields, you will get draft capital for the number one overall well in excess of what Fields will get you.
Fields is just as large of a question mark as anyone they would draft. If he repeats last year he won't even get the team option picked up.

denisdman wrote:
But we all know, the entire thing is about getting a top 10 or better QB. And none of us know if Fields is that guy nor do we know if any of the QB's coming out are that guy. The rest of it does not matter without a top QB.
That's certainly true but I don't see why Fields is any more likely to be a top 10 QB than Poles choice with the #1 pick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Its not that difficult to get a guy “ as good as Fields”. Sheesh.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Kap said an NFL coach told him Fields can't process, and the rest of the league knows it. The coach said Fields doesn't have any significant trade value.

I imagine Kap tried to fight the coach considering how sports radio loves Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:43 pm 

Parkins and Spiegal immediately said whoever said that is worse than trump.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Parkins and Spiegal immediately said whoever said that is worse than trump.

They're going to turn on Fields the same way they did Nagy. It'll be swift and vicious.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Kap said an NFL coach told him Fields can't process, and the rest of the league knows it. The coach said Fields doesn't have any significant trade value.

I imagine Kap tried to fight the coach considering how sports radio loves Fields.

The list of good to great college quarterbacks who were washout in the pros is long and storied. I just don’t get why Chicago sports media refuses to even consider that possibility with Fields. I mean, I know why they’re doing it because they’re scared gutless to criticize a black quarterback and don’t want to be painted with the dreaded R word but my God have a little fucking sack

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

The list of good to great college quarterbacks who were washout in the pros is long and storied. I just don’t get why Chicago sports media refuses to even consider that possibility with Fields. I mean, I know why they’re doing it because they’re scared gutless to criticize a black quarterback and don’t want to be painted with the dreaded R word but my God have a little fucking sack

That's absolutely the case. He may figure it out, but they would have universally torched Fields if his skin was a few shades lighter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
He also has what may be a historically unique talent as a runner. Without that, I don’t think he’d be getting the daily blowies from the likes of Leery.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
He also has what may be a historically unique talent as a runner. Without that, I don’t think he’d be getting the daily blowies from the likes of Leery.

He was still getting them before the Patriots game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:43 pm 

If anything, you aren't racist if you think Fields can't throw. That should be the complete racism test.

Can Fields throw?
Yes = racist.
No = woke.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think he can throw. I don't think he trusts what he sees. That leads to a lot of late and poor throws. He loves the deep ball because it doesn't require him to process much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:18 pm 

Bagels wrote:
i'm with Jaw Breaker.
you'll never forgive yourself when Young is in the HoF

Will Levi's will get there first.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:20 pm 

Nas wrote:
I think he can throw. I don't think he trusts what he sees. That leads to a lot of late and poor throws. He loves the deep ball because it doesn't require him to process much.

Clearly doesn't trust what he sees. Jay Cutler always trusted and it hurt his career. We'll see... Fields has to become a pocket passer and he's not. Will he become that? I'm betting yes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:
Wrong year to pick a QB unfortunately. Apparently

Yeah, in terms of can't miss I guess? Yet, at least one of the four guys will probably blow up and surprise everyone so what the hell do i know?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Brick wrote:
The other thing that is worrisome is that the Bears window to win the Super Bowl is narrowing with Fields unless he is a HOF talent. Fields is going to get expensive after year 4. Tua got about $23 million and that number will go up some. After that, Fields is probably either gone or making $45 million a year.

One of the benefits of trading Fields for the right price and drafting a QB is you reset that contract situation to a time period which is more in line when you expect the Bears to be a Super Bowl contender if things go well.

If you get rid of Fields, and guess on an unproven rookie to be your qb, your
rebuild will be set back at least two more years at least and I don't want to wait anymore. No. Not when you have a guy who has the great upside of Fields who has progressed well despite having no team around him.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
This is the prove it year for Fields, he either steps up and shows he can be a QB1 or they will use the extra picks they should get this year by trading down to either draft or trade for another guy.

Poles should be able to use picks and cap room to put a sufficient offensive line infrastructure together allowing for any good QB to step in and have success.

Lovie gave Poles a great gift which he should be able to turn into "Fields Insurance", and next year's QB class will be better than this years.

Quite interesting how the QB's from 2021 NFL draft have fared, only one of the four guys drafted in the first round has proven himself, Jones, Wilson, Lance, and Fields all potentially could not get a second contract with the teams that drafted them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
He also has what may be a historically unique talent as a runner.

IMO, this is why you have to give him another year and see if he is able to improve as a passer. i don't understand why some on here are so convinced he cannot improve and are willing to give up. i'd only move him if it was a king's ransom of players/picks in return

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:59 am 

billypootons wrote:

IMO, this is why you have to give him another year and see if he is able to improve as a passer. i don't understand why some on here are so convinced he cannot improve and are willing to give up. i'd only move him if it was a king's ransom of players/picks in return

Because you would have seen it by now.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I'm not a huge football guy nor am I a Fields guy (would trade him if I could get equal value for the #1 pick) but a) did you not see him in college? and b) did you not watch Hurts get so much better this year?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:28 am 

City of Fools wrote:
I'm not a huge football guy nor am I a Fields guy (would trade him if I could get equal value for the #1 pick) but a) did you not see him in college? and b) did you not watch Hurts get so much better this year?

College to NFL is not apples to apples. You can't expect to pat the ball for four hours behind center every play waiting for someone to get "open." You throw it to spots in the NFL. Hurts is good.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:39 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Because you would have seen it by now.

top 3 most exciting young quarterbacks in the league at the moment. but we havent 'seen' it :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 am 

Oh he's exciting, no doubt. Right up there with Derrick Henry, Kamara, and pre-injury Barkley.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
veganfan21 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

College to NFL is not apples to apples. You can't expect to pat the ball for four hours behind center every play waiting for someone to get "open." You throw it to spots in the NFL. Hurts is good.

He's good now but he wasn't nearly as good last year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 146  Next