It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:17 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
It's really worrisome now that it has come out that Bryce Young seems to be the clear #1 and everyone in the league believes it and we passed on him hoping that our quarterback who can't throw can learn to throw.

I just feel like he's way too damn small t9 be a successful qb in the NFL. I guess we'll find out but that frame concerns me.
The rules keep on making it easier for small guys to succeed but it's a valid concern. I'll take that over "Fields needs to learn how to throw to succeed" though.

Yeah true but the rules be damned in Sunday afternoon ya know?. Fields takes a lot of big damn hits and I keep worrying he'll be paralyzed and he's huge compared to young.

Young isn't going to be a runner in the NFL though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nas wrote:
I don't think Young will hold the ball for 20 seconds. Hopefully, Fields is working on that and every area of passing.

Hope can drive a man insane.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:
I don't think Young will hold the ball for 20 seconds. Hopefully, Fields is working on that and every area of passing.

I'm a Chicago sports fan. Hope is all I've had for most of my life.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:21 pm 

brick wrote:

God I sure hope not. I mean he's gonna take big hits behind the line of scrimmage tho, of course. I'm not hoping he gets pureed but I wouldn't want a small guy for my qb because durability. I don't think the bears lose because they traded out of this pick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm a Chicago sports fan. Hope is all I've had for most of my life.

Case in point, mate.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:28 pm 

Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
It's really worrisome now that it has come out that Bryce Young seems to be the clear #1 and everyone in the league believes it and we passed on him hoping that our quarterback who can't throw can learn to throw.

I just feel like he's way too damn small t9 be a successful qb in the NFL. I guess we'll find out but that frame concerns me.
The rules keep on making it easier for small guys to succeed but it's a valid concern. I'll take that over "Fields needs to learn how to throw to succeed" though.

Yeah true but the rules be damned in Sunday afternoon ya know?. Fields takes a lot of big damn hits and I keep worrying he'll be paralyzed and he's huge compared to young.

He wasn't in college.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Young moves around a lot in the pocket, though. He's going to take some big hits if that continues.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:24 pm 

fields has to be thrilled tonight. bears clearly building the team for him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
fields has to be thrilled tonight. bears clearly building the team for him.

Or his replacement.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 7:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Chris Simms is dropping truth bombs.

https://youtu.be/r9QbACDLGpE

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:

Took longer than usual for the “ youre only criticizing him cuz hes black” in the comments but they never fail to make an appearance.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Took longer than usual for the “ youre only criticizing him cuz hes black” in the comments but they never fail to make an appearance.

Dude, you still read internet comments? You know like 40% of those are probably bots, no? Who cares what's in the comments.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Dude, you still read internet comments? You know like 40% of those are probably bots, no? Who cares what's in the comments.

Very meta

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Agreed . Its like twitter . Not really representative of what people think . They’re all just trolls .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

The point about Fields not dropping back quickly enough in the pocket is absolutely correct. He doesn't explode into the drop like many QBs do, and thus the intended rhythm/timing of many plays is disrupted. This in turn causes to run around and improvise.

The other issue that Simms cited, the "elbowy" throws, was a big problem for Fields during his rookie year but was slightly less pronounced last year. Hopefully he has continued to address his throwing motion in the offseason.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:39 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Agreed . Its like twitter . Not really representative of what people think . They’re all just trolls .

It's true. On transgenderism for example, "people on Twitter" would have you believe the entire country is down with the concept of gender fluidity. The actual reality is different:

Quote:
Six-in-ten U.S. adults say that whether a person is a man or a woman is determined by their sex assigned at birth. This is up from 56% one year ago and 54% in 2017. No single demographic group is driving this change, and patterns in who is more likely to say this are similar to what they were in past years.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-tren ... x-at-birth

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:43 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The point about Fields not dropping back quickly enough in the pocket is absolutely correct. He doesn't explode into the drop like many QBs do, and thus the intended rhythm/timing of many plays is disrupted. This in turn causes to run around and improvise.

The other issue that Simms cited, the "elbowy" throws, was a big problem for Fields during his rookie year but was slightly less pronounced last year. Hopefully he has continued to address his throwing motion in the offseason.

I've had trouble taking Simms seriously lately after he launched into a bizarre defense of Zach Wilson during Wilson's lowest point last year. He said something like Wilson's development took precedence over trying to make the playoffs, which was still a possibility at the time. He said other dumb stuff I can't remember. That doesn't mean he's wrong here on Fields, just remarking generally. The fact that he didn't bring a football on the set to demonstrate what he's talking about with the elbow annoyed me (he weakly said he "planned" to bring one). Be a professional and get the details right, don't mail it in like Haugh.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's true. On transgenderism for example, "people on Twitter" would have you believe the entire country is down with the concept of gender fluidity. The actual reality is different:

Quote:
Six-in-ten U.S. adults say that whether a person is a man or a woman is determined by their sex assigned at birth. This is up from 56% one year ago and 54% in 2017. No single demographic group is driving this change, and patterns in who is more likely to say this are similar to what they were in past years.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-tren ... x-at-birth

The scary thing is that means 4 out of 10 believe whether a person is a man or woman is NOT determined by their sex assigned at birth.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 1:22 pm 

I believe sex is determined by genetics assigned at a certain level of cell division in the womb

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I've had trouble taking Simms seriously lately after he launched into a bizarre defense of Zach Wilson during Wilson's lowest point last year. He said something like Wilson's development took precedence over trying to make the playoffs, which was still a possibility at the time. He said other dumb stuff I can't remember. That doesn't mean he's wrong here on Fields, just remarking generally. The fact that he didn't bring a football on the set to demonstrate what he's talking about with the elbow annoyed me (he weakly said he "planned" to bring one). Be a professional and get the details right, don't mail it in like Haugh.

Neither point originates with Simms, he's just repeating two of the more common conventional critiques of Fields. There used to be YouTube videos discussing these mechanical issues--you can probably find them if you look.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

This was one of the first image results returned after I googled "Justin Fields throwing". It perfectly captures his flawed mechanics:

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
When it comes to these long-term project quarterbacks/future-stars-in-waiting like Fields, Jordan Love, Trey Lance, Mac Jones et al, Mike Zimmer's brutal-but-accurate response to a question about needing to see Kellen Mond play more comes to mind: whatever we are seeing or not seeing (due to limited pass plays on game day), the coaching staffs are seeing these guys every day for months and months in training camps and practices....they should have a pretty good idea (90%+ accurate assessment? 99%? unless they suck at their jobs) of what they have in each of them going into year 3 or 4 or whatever...

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:
This was one of the first image results returned after I googled "Justin Fields throwing". It perfectly captures his flawed mechanics:

How confident are you that he'll fix his mechanics? Last offseason, Getsy said they made significant changes to his footwork and tightened his throwing motion. It sounds great for print, but I wanted to hear that he was learning how to read defenses at a better clip. The videos analyzing his play last season showed a lot of instances where he didn't go through his progressions properly and missed some chances to throw. Did he not want to risk the interception? Is he just not reading through progressions quickly enough? I want to believe in the guy, but I'm fully expecting he tries too hard to fix his pocket passing and throws 20+ interceptions.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 10:46 pm 

Surprised we do not have Fields videos out there like this.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

This isn't encouraging, but it's only June.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/luke-getsy ... 26272.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

This is encouraging...

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... -claypool/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Nas wrote:
This isn't encouraging, but it's only June.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/luke-getsy ... 26272.html

I remember seeing a few analyst reviews of Fields last year where he completely ignored an easy play or checkdown in order to scramble. If the receivers are getting separation early in the season, and he doesn't suffer from not being able to read defenses post-snap and Fields is confident in throwing into tighter windows, I think he will naturally lean towards getting the ball out instead of scrambling and running. Personally, I'm not going to worry about being discouraged until at least 4-5 weeks into the season. Be positive Nas!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sounds like Fields has returned to his old ways in recent OTAs: interceptions, late on throws, overthrows, etc.

This is, of course, in 7 on 7s, which significantly favor the offense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:45 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
conns7901 wrote:

Surprised we do not have Fields videos out there like this.

Receivers dogging it for Trask, acting like they can't get to his throws and favoring Mayfield. Surprising, you'd think it'd be the opposite. Players would
hate Mayfield and wanna help his competition.

Maybe Mayfield's one of those guys who's a fun hang at first; but then 6-12-18 months down the road, they're showing up at your house drunk at 4 AM asking if you have anything to drink and can they come in as they push their way past you and go straight for the plate of lines and kill em all before hitting on your girlfriend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Fields can't beat the 2nd string of one of the worst defenses in football.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-mini ... 04097.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 146  Next