It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:52 am 

Nas wrote:
Outside of Calib Williams and Drake Maye, who is your guy?

I don't know if he's just a great college player (like TCU QB last year) but I really like Pratt from Tulane. He gets better every year. He plays big in the big moments. He's a leader. I'm not sure of the arm strength but he has good mobility.

JJ Mc Carthy from Michigan has been the guy ever since he was in high school. He's underperformed so far in college but he is still young and has showed glimpses of greatness. I wouldn't be shocked to see a big jump in his game this year

My under the radar guy is Sam Hartman. He transferred from Wake to ND this year so we'll see how he does with a step up in competition.

The guy who may just explode this year is Joe Milton from Tennessee. Huge arm, like, off the charts elite. Pro body at 6'4" 245. He did a nice job when Hooker was hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't know if he's just a great college player (like TCU QB last year) but I really like Pratt from Tulane. He gets better every year. He plays big in the big moments. He's a leader. I'm not sure of the arm strength but he has good mobility.

One of Young Crest's best friends played with him at Tulane. He said he is a great leader. And he guaranteed me that Pratt would lead them to a victory over USC before it happened.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
His arm strength is decent but less than ideal; Pratt lacks a little zip, and accuracy becomes an issue when he’s unable or unwilling to set his feet.
He’s far too quick to lower his eyes and look for a running lane after moving off his first read (too many plays in college that won’t translate to the NFL).
He’s clearly more effective when on the move, and many of his reads were half-field.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

One of Young Crest's best friends played with him at Tulane. He said he is a great leader. And he guaranteed me that Pratt would lead them to a victory over USC before it happened.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
His arm strength is decent but less than ideal; Pratt lacks a little zip, and accuracy becomes an issue when he’s unable or unwilling to set his feet.
He’s far too quick to lower his eyes and look for a running lane after moving off his first read (too many plays in college that won’t translate to the NFL).
He’s clearly more effective when on the move, and many of his reads were half-field.

Sounds pretty bad. I look forward to the Bears wasting a first-round pick on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
:lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:50 am 

forgot to add Jordan Travis from FSU as well

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
This article feels like it was written by a seventh grader, but I guess it gets the point across that Cowherd and Lombardi's focus on passer rating and completion percentage doesn't always translate past season 2 of a career:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/how-far-justin-fields-has-come-in-two-years

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This was indeed a really bad read, so bad that it probably shouldn't have been shared even on this board. Shame on you for sharing.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:47 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
This was indeed a really bad read, so bad that it probably shouldn't have been shared even on this board. Shame on you for sharing.

Imagine writing for 30 years and that's the best you can produce.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
turned down chance to be on season two of the netflix qb show.... team guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:32 am 
100000 CLUB

I really like what I've seen and heard from DJ Moore. I really hope he rubs off on Fields. I still get annoyed by Fields' arrogance and defensiveness, especially considering he hasn't accomplished anything as a passer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:45 am 

billypootons wrote:

Doesn't want the potential Mariotta role this season.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:47 am 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Listening to Poles yesterday, it sounds like the organization is opposed to this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Listening to Poles yesterday, it sounds like the organization is opposed to this.

I'm also opposed to Marcus Mariotta. But it did show the contrast between someone who has a job and two guys whose job is also their life.

Quarterback, in for a penny, in for a pound. You got NO SHOT if you don't go any deeper than repeating play calls at the kitchen table with the wife.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I'm also opposed to Marcus Mariotta. But it did show the contrast between someone who has a job and two guys whose job is also their life.

Quarterback, in for a penny, in for a pound. You got NO SHOT if you don't go any deeper than repeating play calls at the kitchen table with the wife.

I'll settle for a kid who understands running fast and throwing far isn't all that's needed to be a successful quarterback. Being able to complete a 5 to 10 yard pass and throw guys open is important too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Will be able to tell early if Fields has improved his ability to understand what the D is giving him and take the easy check downs to his TE's and backs, this will keep the chains moving and more important avoid the drive killing and game losing sacks and turnovers he takes after missing the easy reads.

Would start every game with a play action call where his easy read is the TE, WR, or RB on short routes under the vertical clear out, teams likely will stack the box or keep a spy in the box to watch Fields, he should hit this all day long. If you watch stuff from last year you can sometimes hear the broadcasters say, "there it is", as these open up, but Fields is always either looking at the vertical or a deeper crossing route, or simply refuses to take what the D is giving him.

They know this is a staple play off zone read, they tell you this because they keep drafting small quick WR's who are a speed/quickness mismatch for a SS or LB and that can turn these short passes into easy gains and the occasional big play. The Packers would kill the Bears with these plays and eventually would get the look they wanted and hit the vertical, but that was with a QB that was able to instantly read the D and was fine with hitting a back or WR for easy yards.

Interesting to hear the change in tone this year from Fields and the players who keep talking about how complex this offense is after we heard how "QB friendly" it was initially, seems it's only "QB friendly" if you have a QB that can read and take advantage of the matchup advantages the offense affords.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:04 am 
1000 CLUB

Fields apparently threw a lot of questionable balls yesterday and should have been intercepted 3 or 4 times in team drills.

Let's see if this proves to be a trend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:
Fields apparently threw a lot of questionable balls yesterday and should have been intercepted 3 or 4 times in team drills.

Let's see if this proves to be a trend.

It’s probably because no one was open

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:21 am 
1000 CLUB

I think we need to dispense with the "training camp doesn't matter" shibboleth for guys like Fields.

His performances in practice seem to be a pretty clear indicator of how he will play in games. This is true because he needs to establish himself as a legitimate NFL starter and therefore must take practices extremely seriously.

In last year's camp, he was unable to pass well consistently--even against a subpar Bears' defense--and, predictably, also failed to excel as a passer during games.

If we see the same pattern of inconsistency in this year's camp, Bears fans should prepare themselves for yet another disappointing offensive season.

Throwing numerous errant passes in a non-contact practice strikes me as a bad omen, but hopefully he will rebound today.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:38 am 

I agree that pre season practices do matter but I don't think it helps the fans to live and die with each days performance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:01 am 
100000 CLUB

His defensive teammates are struggling with lying about how he looks. Deep balls to DJ Moore have been somewhat consistent, but he's still struggling with the routine plays.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:36 am 
1000 CLUB

Yup, it sounds like passes to the middle of the field typically have a high rate of deflection/interception. Apparently he did complete a pas to Moore on a slant the other day.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:41 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Yup, it sounds like passes to the middle of the field typically have a high rate of deflection/interception. Apparently he did complete a pas to Moore on a slant the other day.

It sounds like the passes to Moore have been almost exclusively against Stevenson. The pads will really tell the story.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:42 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I agree that pre season practices do matter but I don't think it helps the fans to live and die with each days performance

Of course. That's why we need the beat guys to give us completion statistics for every open practice. The numbers will tell most of the story with Fields.

It's unfortunate that Bears reporters are either too dumb or too lazy for such an undertaking. In New England, some of the beat reporters were charting every pass Brady threw in camp until his final season there. Meanwhile, Bears media members get dazzled by a few bombs and exaggerate Fields' overall progress in the passing game as a result.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:36 am 

DJ Moore is an intermediate depth type of receiver (he can go deep but he isn't a burner). Fields must be better at those throws with him here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:54 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
DJ Moore is an intermediate depth type of receiver (he can go deep but he isn't a burner). Fields must be better at those throws with him here.

Wasn't he also terrible in the short passing game last year? Swings, screens, slants, etc are bread and butter plays that he must be able to execute at a much higher level.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:20 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Wasn't he also terrible in the short passing game last year? Swings, screens, slants, etc are bread and butter plays that he must be able to execute at a much higher level.

Its tough to tell with those WR. I seem to recall reading that Pettis and St. Brown were near the tops in the league in drops. Pettis himself had a pretty astounding 46% catch percentage but the WR group was so bad he still had 41 targets. Those starters are now fighting to be WR6 in this group.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:35 pm 

Fourth play of the two minute drill he apparently threw the ball deep to... no one on offense and he gets picked. I'm feeling more and more like Fields ends up an interception machine as a result of Getsy trying to make him a thrower. I really hope I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Fourth play of the two minute drill he apparently threw the ball deep to... no one on offense and he gets picked. I'm feeling more and more like Fields ends up an interception machine as a result of Getsy trying to make him a thrower. I really hope I'm wrong.

You don't think a quarterback should throw? Possibly be a dual threat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:55 pm 

Nas wrote:

I do, I just hope he can do it consistently to his own receivers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

I do, I just hope he can do it consistently to his own receivers.

I agree. A guy like DJ Moore should make life easier for him. While Moore's not as talented, Hopkins, Hill, and Kelce made life easier for Watson and Mahomes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 146  Next