It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears Training Camp
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Tall Midget wrote:
Keep in mind that frustration was mounting with Love in Green Bay after the defense outperformed the offense 6 out of the first 7 padded practices.

The Bears are now in a similar situation with their offense having "beaten" the defense only once in the past 7 or 8 practices.

How is Fields doing? Is he inaccurate?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Keep in mind that frustration was mounting with Love in Green Bay after the defense outperformed the offense 6 out of the first 7 padded practices.

The Bears are now in a similar situation with their offense having "beaten" the defense only once in the past 7 or 8 practices.

How is Fields doing? Is he inaccurate?

From what I have heard, he looks better than he did last year, but he's still late on reads, still isn't making anticipatory throws, and still is sporadically inaccurate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I'm concerned because it sounds like Fields has improved, but he's struggling against backups. Backups from a unit that isn't expected to be good.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
This reads like a train wreck: https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/bears-analysis/schrocks-bears-camp-observations-justin-fields-has-no-time-in-day-to-forget-for-o-line/500537/

By Josh Schrock, Bears Insider

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Bears' offense has been up and down all of training camp. They looked crisp to open camp but struggled to move the ball when the pads first came on. A couple of sharper days followed, but Thursday's practice was ugly, especially up front.

Still missing starting right guard Nate Davis and Lucas Patrick, the Bears' first-team offensive line of Braxton Jones, Teven Jenkins, Cody Whitehair, Ja'Tyre Carter, and Darnell Wright struggled to give quarterback Justin Fields any time to throw.

A move-the-ball period in the middle of practice served as a glaring example of how far the Bears' offensive line has to go entering preseason play.

Fields and the offense started at their own 25-yard line.

On first down, the Bears set up a tight end screen to Marcedes Lewis. The Bears executed the play perfectly, and the veteran tight end rumbled for around 20 yards. However, the offense was flagged for an illegal shift on the play, which negated an otherwise well-run screen.

A 5-yard run by Khalil Herbert and a 5-yard pass to Robert Tonyan set up a manageable third-and-5, but that's when the cracks in the offensive line started to get exposed.

On third-and-5, the newly-signed Yannick Ngakoue ripped past left tackle Braxton Jones to pressure Fields. The Bears left the offense playthrough the rep, but Fields' pass for Tonyan fell incomplete.

Head coach Matt Eberflus was extremely animated after the rep, signaling that the defense committed a penalty to give the offense a free first down.

A first-down zone read saw Fields pick up 5 on the ground. On second-and-5, linebacker Noah Sewell came free on a blitz to "sack" fields. The rookie flew into the backfield and started screaming and flexing as he ran behind Fields. The Bears once again allowed the offense to play through the sack, and Fields completed a short pass for 2 yards.

On third-and-3, Rasheem Green roasted Darnell Wright to put immediate pressure on Fields. The third-year quarterback felt the pressure -- likely would have been sacked -- and lofted a pass down the right side toward Equanimeous St. Brown. The pass fell incomplete, but cornerback Kyler Gordon was flagged for defensive holding, giving the offense another free first down. Gordon didn't like the call and pleaded his case to the official along with cornerbacks coach Jon Hoke.

The next set of downs had to have defensive line coach Travis Smith smiling.

Dominique Robinson batted a screen pass down at the line on first down before Green and Justin Jones notched back-to-back sacks. Green beat Carter on a stunt while Jones got passed Jenkins. While the Green "sack" was counted, the offense played through the Jones pressure and picked up a gain of 9. On fourth-and-5, Robinson beat Jenkins and Jones on a poorly passed-off stunt to notch a "sack."

The next team period was a high red zone period that saw the offense start at the 15-yard line.

Once again, it was nothing to write home about.

The offensive line gave Fields time on first down, but his throw to DJ Moore was a little off-target on a quick slant to the left, and the receiver couldn't haul it in. Andrew Billings and Rasheem Green blew up a second down run by Khalil Herbert, and Green spun passed Wright for a drive-ending "sack."

With the offensive line struggling in pass protection, the Bears' offense focused on the run game in the next team drill.

Even that wasn't successful.

D'Onta Foreman picked up 5 on first down. Robinson blew through the line on a stunt but could not get to Foreman in the backfield. Robinson made up for it on the next play when he blew through the line to stop Foreman for no gain.

On third-and-5, the Bears busted out a wild-cat wrinkle. Foreman took the snap and ran a zone read with Fields. The running back pulled the ball and picked up 4 to set up fourth-and-1. The Bears opted to go for it, but Wright was flagged for a false start, forcing Santos to attempt a 54-yard field goal that he drilled.

The Bears' offense closed the day with one more unsuccessful "get a first down" drill.

Fields opened with an 8-yard pass to Moore, but the final 2 yards proved difficult.

Gervon Dexter batted down a pass at the line on second down, and Robinson beat Jones off the edge on third down, forcing Fields to throw the ball away.

After practice, offensive coordinator Luke Getsy attributed the offense's issues to a slow start after a big reps day Wednesday and the fact that they were "on the ball" a lot more Thursday, making it more difficult on guys in terms of knowing their assignment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:22 pm 

This team is going to be lucky to win 5 games this year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Everything I've read about Darnell Wright so far suggests he stinks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:26 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

The only positive thing I've heard is that he is a large man.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's athletic and has a great anchor are the positives I've heard. I'm not going to worry about him for now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

It sounds like Robinson had a great day. The kid is still raw but that's encouraging.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

the things that I've read praise the guy's energy and fitness.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
After he hurt his hamstring yesterday, Claypool stood on the sideline and loudly cheered against Tyrique Stevenson for the rest of practice.

Complete tool.

Apparently everyone in the secondary despises him.

I love it. This is football. He carries his passion the same way he carries his purse.

I think Ben Crump is preparing a lawsuit against him as we write

Ben Crump is preparing himself for the wave of manufactured racial crisis in 2024. There may be a BLM cameo.

There's gold in them there hills.

There's a warehouse in China full of t-shirts just waiting for the next slogan worthy cause, can only imagine how many BLM and I stand with Ukraine t-shirts are gathering dust hanging in the closets of the SJW's, it's moved from a cottage industry to a very profitable endeavor.

All Ben Crump has to do is call the local media, put on a press conference, and wait for the local city to make him a settlement offer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

"Claypool is getting into it with different defensive players every day....I am concerned about his relationship with his teammates off the field."--Herb Howard, 8/11/23, on Bernstein/Holmes

Last edited by Tall Midget on Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:28 pm 

Went to Notre Dame
Canadian
Wide Receiver
First Name, Chase

100% guaranteed to be an insufferable douchebag, I guess I could have stopped at Notre Dame

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

"It wasn't a dirty play, but there's no way Eddie Jackson would have hit Mooney or D.J. Moore the way he hit Claypool."--Herb Howard, 8/11/2023, on Bernstein/Holmes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The DBs are upset that Claypool plays physically and is better educated. Stevenson doesn’t like getting the little brother treatment and being tossed to the ground attempting a jam. Eddie doesn’t like having to defend himself after a late hit. Claypool’s superior degree exacerbates their insecurities.

It’s sad, really.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Win games. I couldn't care less if the defense and offense are friends. I'm sure every team has shitheads in the lockerroom.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Thanks for taking the time to post about a post that you claim not to care about.

Your stated indifference has been noted.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:25 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to post about a post that you claim not to care about.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

You're the one that keeps posting about how the guys supposedly aren't getting along.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Tall Midget wrote:
"Claypool is getting into it with different defensive players every day....I am concerned about his relationship with his teammates off the field."--Herb Howard, 8/11/23, on Bernstein/Holmes

oh my god it so concerning LOL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Win games. I couldn't care less if the defense and offense are friends. I'm sure every team has shitheads in the lockerroom.

I think you COULD care less. No way you've hit bottom.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
the Bear's used to train at my college, St.Joes in Indiana and I was there for many Bear's scrimmages. Butkus, Adkins, O'B, Caroline, etc, used to kick the shit our of the offensive guys in scrimmages and I laughed my ass off watching Halas and Abe Gibron laugh their asses off when fights would break out. I am happy to hear that the Bear's scrimmages are bloody and heated.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:21 pm 

no no no - aggressiveness in practice and strained relationships between offensive and defensive players is so very concerning

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

There is a difference between being competitive and being a douche.

Many on the Bears seem to think Claypool is the latter rather than the former.

The guy likes to hit defenders, but then whines like a baby--and fakes injuries?--when they respond in kind.

He's got a lot of talent, but he's not a particularly good--or disciplined--player.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You're the one that keeps posting about how the guys supposedly aren't getting along.

Was that in question?

Thank you for continuing to post about posts that are of no interest to you.

Your behavior may not be logical, but at least it's consistent.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

You did not ask nor post a question.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

That group of words preceding the question mark above was what is commonly referred to as a "question," though it was indeed a rhetorical one.

Feel free to continue posting from the Twilight Zone if you like, but try to familiarize yourself with basic English before doing so.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:48 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

The guy likes to hit defenders, but then whines like a baby--and fakes injuries?--when they respond in kind.

He's got a lot of talent, but he's not a particularly good--or disciplined--player.

And all of the Bears won’t give a fuck about him being a douche if he catches the ball and produces. It’s only the “observers” who are concerned about how well they all get along off the field.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

man of few opinions wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

And all of the Bears won’t give a fuck about him being a douche if he catches the ball and produces. It’s only the “observers” who are concerned about how well they all get along off the field.

Pittsburgh certainly gave a fuck. That's why they got rid of him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:07 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Pittsburgh certainly gave a fuck. That's why they got rid of him.

Oh no! They aren’t friends! If he sucks on the field that’s one thing (and quite possible) but being concerned because <gasp> they don’t get along on or off the field is some serious pussy shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next