It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears Training Camp
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
There is a difference between being competitive and being a douche.

Many on the Bears seem to think Claypool is the latter rather than the former.

The guy likes to hit defenders, but then whines like a baby--and fakes injuries?--when they respond in kind.

He's got a lot of talent, but he's not a particularly good--or disciplined--player.

And all of the Bears won’t give a fuck about him being a douche if he catches the ball and produces. It’s only the “observers” who are concerned about how well they all get along off the field.

Pittsburgh certainly gave a fuck. That's why they got rid of him.

Did they trade him because he was a douche or because they couldn't pay him and Johnson, and they had just drafted a WR that they believe is just as talented? I suspect that trade doesn't happen if Watt were healthy and the Steelers were in the playoff hunt at the trade deadline.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I’m 100% sure Pittsburgh didn’t trade him because he wasn’t friends with the defensive backs on the Steelers. They traded him because he hasnt been good and the Bears gave them a pretty good draft pick for him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Yeah I don’t get the narrative here. Jackson hits him late OB and gets upset when claypool goes back at him. Stevenson gets thrown down trying to jam him and gets upset.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:20 pm 

It just fits the narrative that all of fields WRs were at the root of Fields problems last year. Claypool was here, he sucked, Fields sucked, Claypool/fields look rough again this preseason and fields sure isnt going to take the heat.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

When did Claypool suck last year? When has Claypool sucked in camp?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:38 pm 

Nas wrote:

Can’t remember the exact number, but I think claypool got like 20 targets in games he played with Fields.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:43 pm 

Nas wrote:

Hey I admit I may have underestimated his 14 catches in his 7 games with the bears. I know some thought it took him many weeks to learn the bears complicated playbook. And all i know about what’s going on in Bears camp is what the Score’s “experts” tell me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:

Can’t remember the exact number, but I think claypool got like 20 targets in games he played with Fields.

He destroyed Sauce Gardner in the quarter of so that Siemian was healthy. He was a walking DPI when he was targeted. Fields just preferred to force the ball to lesser receivers when he was wide open.

My biggest problem with him is his staying on the field. I don't question his talent. We'll all tolerate a diva when they're productive.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:45 pm 

Nas wrote:

Hey I admit I may have underestimated his 14 catches in his 7 games with the bears. I know some thought it took him many weeks to learn the bears complicated playbook. And all i know about what’s going on in Bears camp is what the Score’s “experts” tell me.

He was probably thrown 8 catchable balls in those 7 games.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:15 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

He destroyed Sauce Gardner in the quarter of so that Siemian was healthy. He was a walking DPI when he was targeted. Fields just preferred to force the ball to lesser receivers when he was wide open.

My biggest problem with him is his staying on the field. I don't question his talent. We'll all tolerate a diva when they're productive.

I stand corrected. He had a great year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I stand corrected. He had a great year.

You would kill to have him on your team. Your best receiving target may have relapsed. Be humble.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:38 pm 

I have no false illusions about my teams likely regression.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

I have no false illusions about my teams likely regression.

I like Hyatt a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
At least three of the throws to Claypool were screens where everyone in the stadium and watching on TV knew it was coming. It seemed like four guys were already collapsed on him after the snap. Not sure what you would expect from him in those scenarios. I think he will end up being a serviceable second receiver in this offense if Fields has fixed his ability to see and throw within 10 yards.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's why I tolerate Tommy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Yeah I don’t get the narrative here. Jackson hits him late OB and gets upset when claypool goes back at him. Stevenson gets thrown down trying to jam him and gets upset.

Nobody who saw the Jackson hit thought it was late or dirty.

I don't know if Claypool was upset or not, but when he responded to Claypool's physical play with some of his own, Claypool was the one who threw a hissy fit and left practice with an "injury".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

The guy likes to hit defenders, but then whines like a baby--and fakes injuries?--when they respond in kind.

He's got a lot of talent, but he's not a particularly good--or disciplined--player.

And all of the Bears won’t give a fuck about him being a douche if he catches the ball and produces. It’s only the “observers” who are concerned about how well they all get along off the field.

Did they trade him because he was a douche or because they couldn't pay him and Johnson, and they had just drafted a WR that they believe is just as talented? I suspect that trade doesn't happen if Watt were healthy and the Steelers were in the playoff hunt at the trade deadline.

I think you have the causal chain incorrect. They drafted a wide receiver because they knew they wanted to launch Claypool, who Tomlin didn't like.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Oh no! They aren’t friends! If he sucks on the field that’s one thing (and quite possible) but being concerned because <gasp> they don’t get along on or off the field is some serious pussy shit.

You seem to have missed the point. Pittsburgh didn't want him despite the fact that he's a pretty good player--because he's also a douche.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:12 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

I don't know if Claypool was upset or not, but when he responded to Claypool's physical play with some of his own, Claypool was the one who threw a hissy fit and left practice with an "injury".

I saw the video and it was clearly late. One of the participants obviously thought it was late. I don’t need somebody who was standing across the field to tell me I didn’t see what I saw.

Now, the injury thing I’ll buy. He reminds me a bit of Jordan Reed from a body type perspective. I think he either needs to slim down a bit or he’ll be injured every year he plays. He’s also very physical, which won’t do him any favors long term.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

I saw the video and it was clearly late. One of the participants obviously thought it was late. I don’t need somebody who was standing across the field to tell me I didn’t see what I saw.

Now, the injury thing I’ll buy. He reminds me a bit of Jordan Reed from a body type perspective. I think he either needs to slim down a bit or he’ll be injured every year he plays. He’s also very physical, which won’t do him any favors long term.

Claypool was in bounds when Jackson hit him. The hit wasn't late. Claypool was upset because he was easing up as he neared the sideline, but Jackson hit him hard anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:30 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Claypool was in bounds when Jackson hit him. The hit wasn't late. Claypool was upset because he was easing up as he neared the sideline, but Jackson hit him hard anyway.

I don’t know why this is your hill. Watch the video.

You can’t see OB but you can hear the whistle and see the hit after that whistle. Nobody from the media is anywhere near the play unless they’re the guys standing with the players wearing team gear.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I don’t know why this is your hill. Watch the video.

You can’t see OB but you can hear the whistle and see the hit after that whistle. Nobody from the media is anywhere near the play unless they’re the guys standing with the players wearing team gear.

I've heard a bunch of media guys say they saw the play well and thought it was clean. You seem to be upset that they don't share your opinion that the whistle was early and the hit wasn't late.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:45 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

I've heard a bunch of media guys say they saw the play well and thought it was clean. You seem to be upset that they don't share your opinion that the whistle was early and the hit wasn't late.

It’s not an opinion though, it’s a fact. Last year’s Super Bowl may have swung on the same type of play.

Your argument is that the reporting is correct despite it contradicting actual video evidence. You’ll literally believe people who tell you what they saw, even when you have the opportunity to watch the same exact thing and it shows them to be wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

It’s not an opinion though, it’s a fact. Last year’s Super Bowl may have swung on the same type of play.

Your argument is that the reporting is correct despite it contradicting actual video evidence. You’ll literally believe people who tell you what they saw, even when you have the opportunity to watch the same exact thing and it shows them to be wrong.

The video shows nothing of the kind. The whistle appears to have been an error, and Jackson made a play in bounds. Call that dirty if you like, but it sounds like you have the same kind of diva mentality that Claypool does.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:58 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

The video shows nothing of the kind. The whistle appears to have been an error, and Jackson made a play in bounds. Call that dirty if you like, but it sounds like you have the same kind of diva mentality that Claypool does.

This is pure message bored epistemic closure in action.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I think you have the causal chain incorrect. They drafted a wide receiver because they knew they wanted to launch Claypool, who Tomlin didn't like.

I don't disagree with you about Tomlin not liking him. I disagree with the narrative that it was because he was a douche. That team has a lot of douches and divas. I think Tomlin wasn't fond of him because he's the kinda guy who will wear a dress and a purse. Plus, I'm not sure he consistently loves the game. He skates by on his talent.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
In the 100+ year history of the NFL, I am certain there have been giant assbags on teams that won playoff games and Super Bowls.

Claypool being likable or not is only something for dolts like Sir and Lil Danny to get off on. He goes out and catches 120 yards worth of passes and the Bears win in week one, nobody worthwhile will care that Claypool was a jerk during training camp. You know this is true.

I'll return to the Twlight Zone for now but will certainly reappear to lay the smack down again.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

I may buy a purse if Claypool is playing well and the Bears are winning.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
In the 100+ year history of the NFL, I am certain there have been giant assbags on teams that won playoff games and Super Bowls.

Claypool being likable or not is only something for dolts like Sir and Lil Danny to get off on. He goes out and catches 120 yards worth of passes and the Bears win in week one, nobody worthwhile will care that Claypool was a jerk during training camp. You know this is true.

I'll return to the Twlight Zone for now but will certainly reappear to lay the smack down again.

Remember when RFDC observed that "dolt" is an underused word around here.

I'm afraid that I have some bad news for you....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Even a dolt knows my post above is correct.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25  Next