It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears Training Camp
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
I may buy a purse if Claypool is playing well and the Bears are winning.

I’ll begrudgingly acknowledge ND as one of better college football programs in the country.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
There is a difference between being competitive and being a douche.

Many on the Bears seem to think Claypool is the latter rather than the former.

The guy likes to hit defenders, but then whines like a baby--and fakes injuries?--when they respond in kind.

He's got a lot of talent, but he's not a particularly good--or disciplined--player.

And all of the Bears won’t give a fuck about him being a douche if he catches the ball and produces. It’s only the “observers” who are concerned about how well they all get along off the field.

Pittsburgh certainly gave a fuck. That's why they got rid of him.

Did they trade him because he was a douche or because they couldn't pay him and Johnson, and they had just drafted a WR that they believe is just as talented? I suspect that trade doesn't happen if Watt were healthy and the Steelers were in the playoff hunt at the trade deadline.

I think you have the causal chain incorrect. They drafted a wide receiver because they knew they wanted to launch Claypool, who Tomlin didn't like.

I don't disagree with you about Tomlin not liking him. I disagree with the narrative that it was because he was a douche. That team has a lot of douches and divas. I think Tomlin wasn't fond of him because he's the kinda guy who will wear a dress and a purse. Plus, I'm not sure he consistently loves the game. He skates by on his talent.

It's certainly possible that Tomlin disliked Claypool for multiple reasons--he's soft, he's a douche, he's lazy, and he's a hothead. I'm not sure how acknowledging this really helps your argument, though. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Even a dolt knows my post above is correct.

First you claim not to be interested in the issue but still comment on it, then you fail to understand what's actually at issue.

If medical science figured out a way to put your brain in a chicken's head, that bird would probably walk backwards its entire life.

My verdict: Dolt.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
And yet you still haven't addressed the point of a guy's personality or off the field friendships not necessarily having any bearing on how he performs on the field. Over the course of what 8-10 or posts here you haven't even attempted to refute this because you know you can't.

The only bigger assbag than Claypool here seems to be you.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:52 pm 

A lot of good, healthy debate here, but I think we all agree that Fields needs to throw him the damn ball.

And that he’s better educated than anybody in the secondary, but that’s neither here nor there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:

It's certainly possible that Tomlin disliked Claypool for multiple reasons--he's soft, he's a douche, he's lazy, and he's a hothead. I'm not sure how acknowledging this really helps your argument, though. :lol:

That he wasn't traded because he was a douche?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

When no one talks about how he actually passes the ball it scares me.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pj-walker- ... 20073.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:25 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Well, you've been a self-proclaimed supporter of Claypool for a while.

If you accept the above characterization of him, one might wonder why you like him as a player.

I would also add that his evidently poor work ethic, ill temper, softness, etc factor into the big tent of his general douchiness.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:39 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
And yet you still haven't addressed the point of a guy's personality or off the field friendships not necessarily having any bearing on how he performs on the field. Over the course of what 8-10 or posts here you haven't even attempted to refute this because you know you can't.

The only bigger assbag than Claypool here seems to be you.

I haven't addressed the "point" about friendships because I never identified it as a concern. That was a red herring introduced by the bizarrely emotional MOFO (and you), who (not unlike you) came off as a bit unstable in this thread in light of the fact that his implicit celebrations of toughness were shrouded in emotional paroxysm.

Like it or not, Claypool shows all the signs of being a clasically unreliable player. He talks big, but comes up small in pressure situations. He gets physical with his teammates, but cries like a baby when they get physical with him; he wants the ball in big situations, but can't keep his cool even in the low-key atmosphere of training camp; he talks tough, but he's nothing other than a fake tough guy. He is a douche until proven otherwise--just as you are a dolt until proven otherwise, a circumstance that is, I'm sorry to say, as unlikely as a chicken having its life measurably improved through the use of your brain.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

If you accept the above characterization of him, one might wonder why you like him as a player.

I would also add that his evidently poor work ethic, ill temper, softness, etc factor into the big tent of his general douchiness.

I think he's a really talented and naturally gifted player. I never claimed he wasn't a diva or didn't have any personal flaws. Bear reporters, and even you acknowledge the talent.

You're working too hard for the douche label.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:57 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I think he's a really talented and naturally gifted player. I never claimed he wasn't a diva or didn't have any personal flaws. Bear reporters, and even you acknowledge the talent.

I'd like to think so, but the evidence is mounting against him.

What is the famous line about Alonzo Spellman? He's got a world-beater body, and an egg-beater mind.

Claypool is a little like that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I'd like to think so, but the evidence is mounting against him.

What is the famous line about Alonzo Spellman? He's got a world-beater body, and an egg-beater mind.

Claypool is a little like that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
I haven't addressed the "point" about friendships because I never identified it as a concern. That was a red herring introduced by the bizarrely emotional MOFO
It was absolutely introduced by you, unless you're going to play the patheitc JOrr card claiming you didn't actually say this, but merely posted the tweet of a guy who did. Let me refresh your memory:
Tall Midget wrote:
"Claypool is getting into it with different defensive players every day....I am concerned about his relationship with his teammates off the field."--Herb Howard, 8/11/23, on Bernstein/Holmes

You may think I'm a backwards walking feathered dolt, but I am undefeated versus chainsaws.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Claypool puts more effort into creating a social media presence than his day job.

Have heard it said that you should avoid signing guys that the Steelers, Chiefs, or Ravens move on from because those organizations usually get the most out of players, so if those coaching staffs cannot get you to buy in and improve you are not gonna get better and improve elsewhere.

You also have teams like Philadelphia that can take a shot at a talented young kid with questionable character because they have proven vets that will get after the kid and try to get the most out of him.

The Bears are currently unproven on all levels from ownership on down, so they have neither the coaching staff to develop young players or the proven vets to help teach young guys, so a dude like Claypool feels he has license to go through the motions, but the point about him being an idiot is true because he's in a contract year and it would seem the social media platform in Chicago is better than Green Bay or Jacksonville.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:36 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Claypool puts more effort into creating a social media presence than his day job.

Have heard it said that you should avoid signing guys that the Steelers, Chiefs, or Ravens move on from because those organizations usually get the most out of players, so if those coaching staffs cannot get you to buy in and improve you are not gonna get better and improve elsewhere.

You also have teams like Philadelphia that can take a shot at a talented young kid with questionable character because they have proven vets that will get after the kid and try to get the most out of him.

The Bears are currently unproven on all levels from ownership on down, so they have neither the coaching staff to develop young players or the proven vets to help teach young guys, so a dude like Claypool feels he has license to go through the motions, but the point about him being an idiot is true because he's in a contract year and it would seem the social media platform in Chicago is better than Green Bay or Jacksonville.

Took a quick look and he seems to post a couple times per month on Twitter or instagram, with several months between activity.

Claypool is getting aggressively fake news’ed on this bored.

He’s being accused of being unstable emotionally and also disinterested. Pick a lane guys.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:50 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I haven't addressed the "point" about friendships because I never identified it as a concern. That was a red herring introduced by the bizarrely emotional MOFO
It was absolutely introduced by you, unless you're going to play the patheitc JOrr card claiming you didn't actually say this, but merely posted the tweet of a guy who did. Let me refresh your memory:
Tall Midget wrote:
"Claypool is getting into it with different defensive players every day....I am concerned about his relationship with his teammates off the field."--Herb Howard, 8/11/23, on Bernstein/Holmes

You may think I'm a backwards walking feathered dolt, but I am undefeated versus chainsaws.

You are also undefeated against cogent thoughts.

Nowhere is friendship mentioned in the quoted post.

Howard was intimating that Claypool is a cancer in the locker room.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:50 am 

Is Fields playing today?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:20 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Is Fields playing today?

Yessir

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Someone needs to start a game thread.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:35 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You are also undefeated against cogent thoughts.

Nowhere is friendship mentioned in the quoted post.

Howard was intimating that Claypool is a cancer in the locker room.
The cogent thoughts in this exchange aren't posted by you, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Took a quick look and he seems to post a couple times per month on Twitter or instagram, with several months between activity.

Claypool is getting aggressively fake news’ed on this bored.

He’s being accused of being unstable emotionally and also disinterested. Pick a lane guys.

I agree. Whatever happened to waiting until live games occur and there is some evidence of what a player or players can do before deciding on a player being a bum? I'd give all of the Bear's a couple of games in the regular season at least before making a yes or no decision on the guy's worth.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Bears defense is hitting, but they're giving up chunks before the hit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:19 pm 

How was that not holding?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

I guess he was essentially in the end zone already.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
RFDC wrote:

Should have been. That wr also almost fumbled twice that drive.

Defense looks to be in 2022 form

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Herbert still not looking good blocking.

DJ MOORE!!!

Decent start for Moore.

100000 CLUB

A WR screen works!

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Was a shit throw from fields too. Give fields another series

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next