It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those two inside shoulder passes that were off by half a field are incomprehensibly bad. I'd love to know what he was thinking on those plays. He can't possibly be that inaccurate, can he?

As bad as Fields was, it should be noted that the play design was, in some instances, terrible. I continue to wonder about Getsy as an OC.

Fields will be injured by mid-October if the Buffalo game is any indication of how he is going to look during the regular season. I tend to think, though, that he and many other starters didn't take this game very seriously--which is a mistake against a talented, physical team like Buffalo. I'm not sure we learned anything from this game.

Fields still not recognizing NFL open and locking onto receivers is more troubling than his general accuracy or touch on short passes.

Getsy is trying to design an offense that works for a very flawed passer. I can't point the finger at him yet.

I'm not sure that locking onto receivers is representative of Fields' flaws in the passing game, although it's clear that he's just going to chuck it to Moore several times per game and let him do his thing. If he's going to go that route, though, he's got to put the ball in the right spot for Moore to fight for it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those two inside shoulder passes that were off by half a field are incomprehensibly bad. I'd love to know what he was thinking on those plays. He can't possibly be that inaccurate, can he?

As bad as Fields was, it should be noted that the play design was, in some instances, terrible. I continue to wonder about Getsy as an OC.

Fields will be injured by mid-October if the Buffalo game is any indication of how he is going to look during the regular season. I tend to think, though, that he and many other starters didn't take this game very seriously--which is a mistake against a talented, physical team like Buffalo. I'm not sure we learned anything from this game.

Fields still not recognizing NFL open and locking onto receivers is more troubling than his general accuracy or touch on short passes.

Getsy is trying to design an offense that works for a very flawed passer. I can't point the finger at him yet.

I'm not sure that locking onto receivers is representative of Fields' flaws in the passing game, although it's clear that he's just going to chuck it to Moore several times per game and let him do his thing. If he's going to go that route, though, he's got to put the ball in the right spot for Moore to fight for it.

In that video, he locked onto Mooney, even though Moore and Scott were wide open. I'm fine with Moore being force fed.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:13 am 
100000 CLUB

Outside of an injury, is there any chance an ineffective Fields could be benched this year?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:34 am 

Of course. If he sucks, there will be a fake injury and his ass is traded at the end of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:43 am 

Nas wrote:
Outside of an injury, is there any chance an ineffective Fields could be benched this year?

no. Sink or swim with him and roll the dice again if necessary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:

Look I’m on the it doesn’t matter what they do in preseason as an indicator of how they’ll perform in the regular season train. I’d even throw out the first couple regular season games be they good or bad as teams don’t have film yet of any new wrinkles their opponents have but it the amount of “ yeah buts” does amaze me in regards to Fields that his cult has. This guy agreees with that breakdown in the video but it’s it’s still “ yeah but “

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
That video should come with the warning to have a vomit bag ready.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
It's not about people making excuses for Fields specifically. I think every city has this tendency to project stardom for its high draft picks. Perhaps that's expected. It's sort of like a startup with a stratospheric valuation - it's all about potential at this point rather than anything the start-up has actually done. The startup can be losing millions but still retains its status based on the potential of what it could be and do.

That's what Fields is. He's a startup that guys here and elsewhere have invested in at super super super high valuations, so you're expecting a lot. Once you filter out all these high valuation guys who are all about potential and listen to guys actually monitoring the foundation of the business, you'll realize there's not much there.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:33 am 
100000 CLUB

It sounds like there's some cracks in the media's love of Fields. If he fails, the fall will be hard? They're going to crush him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
It sounds like there's some cracks in the media's love of Fields. If he fails, the fall will be hard? They're going to crush him.

Ehhhh not so sure about that. There’s a component that comes with criticizing Fields that they don’t want to deal with.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:40 am 
1000 CLUB

Will Fields ever throw for 300 yards or more in a single game?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
It's funny taking that analysis serious. I stopped watching with that guy microscoping his criticism of Fields like he had any open targets to throw to in that series of downs. A blind person could see that if anyone should be targeted for criticism would be the offensive coordinator for the play designs.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Hawk wrote:
It's funny taking that analysis serious. I stopped watching with that guy microscoping his criticism of Fields like he had any open targets to throw to in that series of downs. A blind person could see that if anyone should be targeted for criticism would be the offensive coordinator for the play designs.

By definition, a blind person cannot see. That is all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
No one ever really wanted to see the backup before, they’ll be plenty of clickbait stories.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Ehhhh not so sure about that. There’s a component that comes with criticizing Fields that they don’t want to deal with.

Just the racists.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:45 pm 

I agree that Getsy's plays should do a better job of making Fields read better and throw with better anticipation.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:56 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:

I agree. I guess that the dork doing this crap analysis must have a rich pappy because anyone who makes such stupid pronouncements about a guy who only was on the field for 6 passes and calls his performance so bad has shit for brains. WHo watches this guy anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:00 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I agree that Getsy's plays should do a better job of making Fields read better and throw with better anticipation.

What plays in the total of six passes that he was to throw the ball, did he miss a read or miss a throw with or without better anticipation? On those four passes that were not completed was the receiver OPEN? Be truthful please. 8) 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:48 am 

The Hawk wrote:

I agree. I guess that the dork doing this crap analysis must have a rich pappy because anyone who makes such stupid pronouncements about a guy who only was on the field for 6 passes and calls his performance so bad has shit for brains. WHo watches this guy anyway?

The guy was an NFL quarter back for 10 years.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:55 am 

The Hawk wrote:

The guy was an NFL quarter back for 10 years.

Funny stuff. He was an "NFL quarterback" while playing in Germany I guess and I didn't know that they could keep a guy on so many different nfl teams "practice" squads. I do think that "OH NO SULLIVAN" must have broke the record for the worst fumble percentage for a quarterback so I would hope that OH NO' Sullivan doesn't have the temerity to critique any current qb on their turnover propensities, right?

I still go back to OH NO'Sullivan's critique of Fields though and the 6 passes that he threw. Of those 4 passes that were incomplete, OH NO, what NFL quarterback could have completed them? I just think that OH NO' SULLIVAN had to fill time on his show and got into typical asshat commentary to pretend he knew what he was "analyzing". :roll: :roll:

I also didn't see OH NO's talking about Field's ability to avoid sacks. In OH NO's one half full season with the 9ers, he was sacked something like 36 times in nine total games.

My point is, I never cared for analysts who were horse shit players themselves criticizing others when they were much worse themselves. OH NO' SULLIVAN WAS A TERRIBLE PROFESSIONAL QUARTERBACK. Take whatever he says with a huge grain of salt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:27 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:

09/10/23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

09/10/23

Let's hope.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:40 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

09/10/23

Damn, Crest found Nas' stash.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Hawk wrote:

I also didn't see OH NO's talking about Field's ability to avoid sacks. In OH NO's one half full season with the 9ers, he was sacked something like 36 times in nine total games.

Fields had the highest sack rate by far in the NFL last year.

Quote:
My point is, I never cared for analysts who were horse shit players themselves criticizing others when they were much worse themselves. OH NO' SULLIVAN WAS A TERRIBLE PROFESSIONAL QUARTERBACK. Take whatever he says with a huge grain of salt.

Most NFL coaches were "horse shit professional players" --if they managed to make it beyond college. I guess their criticism doesn't matter either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

09/10/23

Let's hope.

5 screen passes that D.J. Moore takes to the house....piece of cake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Longer NFL career O'Sullivan or Fields?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Quote:

Most NFL coaches were "horse shit professional players" --if they managed to make it beyond college. I guess their criticism doesn't matter either.

I was more irritated with the "What are we doing?" 5 times. So yeah, fuck him

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
All Fields has to do is take what the D is giving him, he holds the ball way too long and takes tons of unnecessary sacks, just get the ball to your backs, TE's and WR's quickly and let them do the work.

It must be incredibly frustrating for his coaches, you have a kid with incredible athleticism who can take it to the house on a scramble at any moment, but he has not shown the ability to recognize what the defense is giving him and take the easy 5-7 yard gains that keep the chains moving.

If he scuffles it will be tempting for Poles to find a team that thinks they can unlock him and get something for him while grabbing one of the solid QB prospects coming out next year.

Still seems this is an evaluation year for Fields as Poles tries to slowly rebuild an offense that should be QB friendly, if and that is a big if, his young OT's look good he can continue to upgrade the interior of the line which would give another QB a solid Oline, a quality WR in Moore, decent TE's, and a solid RB group, he could then take another shot at QB1.

Have to remember that he did not draft Fields and he may want his guy at QB.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Quote:

I was more irritated with the "What are we doing?" 5 times. So yeah, fuck him

Insightful point.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:11 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
All Fields has to do is take what the D is giving him, he holds the ball way too long and takes tons of unnecessary sacks, just get the ball to your backs, TE's and WR's quickly and let them do the work.

It must be incredibly frustrating for his coaches, you have a kid with incredible athleticism who can take it to the house on a scramble at any moment, but he has not shown the ability to recognize what the defense is giving him and take the easy 5-7 yard gains that keep the chains moving.

If he scuffles it will be tempting for Poles to find a team that thinks they can unlock him and get something for him while grabbing one of the solid QB prospects coming out next year.

Still seems this is an evaluation year for Fields as Poles tries to slowly rebuild an offense that should be QB friendly, if and that is a big if, his young OT's look good he can continue to upgrade the interior of the line which would give another QB a solid Oline, a quality WR in Moore, decent TE's, and a solid RB group, he could then take another shot at QB1.

Have to remember that he did not draft Fields and he may want his guy at QB.

Just a guess, but I think they already know their decision on Fields just from camp and pre-season. It seems from the small sample size that he is still having the same problems from last year and I don't know how teachable it is to get him to pull the trigger and throw to an open receiver and to throw short and mid-range passes with accuracy. This may be a stretch, but I'm sure Eberflus wants to win games this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if he forces the offense to be simplified and have Fields go back to running heavily.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 146  Next