It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

I also didn't see OH NO's talking about Field's ability to avoid sacks. In OH NO's one half full season with the 9ers, he was sacked something like 36 times in nine total games.

Fields had the highest sack rate by far in the NFL last year.

Quote:
My point is, I never cared for analysts who were horse shit players themselves criticizing others when they were much worse themselves. OH NO' SULLIVAN WAS A TERRIBLE PROFESSIONAL QUARTERBACK. Take whatever he says with a huge grain of salt.

Most NFL coaches were "horse shit professional players" --if they managed to make it beyond college. I guess their criticism doesn't matter either.

This is like asking financial advice from a 50 year old guy who lives on a street in SF. Why listen to football people who never succeeded in their field themselves?

Bill Belichick never played football again after his career at Wesleyan University ended. Mike Singletary is in the NFL Hall of Fame. Who would you rather have running your franchise?

Are you saying that Oh No Sullivan is the equivalent of Bill BeliCHEAT? The weakness in your logic is that you assume some scrub that some fools hire to give their opinion of football automatically has credibility as an "expert"? think about what Oh No Sullivan did. He made some heavy criticism of Justin Fields based on a total of four incomplete passes in which no receivers were open. A good analyst would have absolutely not criticized any quarterback for that performance based on the limited sample size. Nah, instead, he decided to make himself note worthy for being a Fields critic. He decided to make up a decision not based on fact but rather to make himself be noticed. That's okay, I don't blame OH NO for what he is doing to make a buck. More power to him. I just laugh at the credence some people give to so-called analysts that shows put in front of us that do not have opinions any better than the guy next door or on a bar stool next to us.

No. Your point all along has been that O'Sullivan's opinion should be disregarded because he had an undistinguished playing career. Now that you realize your ridicule is ridiculous, you are backing away from it and attempting to move the goal posts. Move along, you crazy old coot.

I'm not "backing away" from anything. It's not in my DNA. YOu are disputing my take that OH NO SULLIVAN has no credence as an expert judge of quarterbacking based on his experience as even a decent NFL football quarterback or as a experienced NFL quarterback coach. Okay, ace, I challenge you to defend that opinion. What is it based on? What makes OH NO SULLIVAN worthy of credibility as a NFL quarterbakc "EXPERT"? :drunken: :drunken:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Hawk wrote:
I'm not "backing away" from anything. It's not in my DNA. YOu are disputing my take that OH NO SULLIVAN has no credence as an expert judge of quarterbacking based on his experience as even a decent NFL football quarterback or as a experienced NFL quarterback coach. Okay, ace, I challenge you to defend that opinion. What is it based on? What makes OH NO SULLIVAN worthy of credibility as a NFL quarterbakc "EXPERT"? :drunken: :drunken:

Your point is that analysts need to have been good or better NFL players to have valid opinions about the NFL. Are you really The Hawk or simply A Weasel? Don't back away from your argument now, sport. Own it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Sensitive Fields gets his first win of the season.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-list ... 34225.html

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Nas wrote:

Thank God, getting recognized for his nuggets.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's embarrassing. I believe Peterman is statistically the worst quarterback in NFL history.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's embarrassing. I believe Peterman is statistically the worst quarterback in NFL history.

I wonder if that's one of his nuggets.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesars
The Hawk wrote:
stlmax wrote:
Year 3 and he needed the 2nd or 3rd QB to tell him to throw the ball to the open guy. Yikes. You also have to assume the nuggets are stupid shit any competant league average QB1 just knows.

OR.... maybe he just was thanking the guy who just got cut for trying to help him become a good NFL quarterback? Maybe Fields is just a nice guy? What a concept!

What the fuck are you talking about? But also he's probably not going to fuck you, ParkPark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:22 pm 

stlmax wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
stlmax wrote:
Year 3 and he needed the 2nd or 3rd QB to tell him to throw the ball to the open guy. Yikes. You also have to assume the nuggets are stupid shit any competant league average QB1 just knows.

OR.... maybe he just was thanking the guy who just got cut for trying to help him become a good NFL quarterback? Maybe Fields is just a nice guy? What a concept!

What the fuck are you talking about? But also he's probably not going to fuck you, ParkPark

TheHawk has nuggets!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
stlmax wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
stlmax wrote:

TheHawk has nuggets!

Are they giblets?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
13 career games, 13 picks vs 4 TD's...safe bet that no one was going to claim Nathan Peterman off of waivers. These shit-ass white qb's always stick around forever. Baker Mayfield, Charlie Whitehurst, Sean Salisbury, Peterman...you'd think you'd use the roster spot on a player who could maybe also punt or kick or run a route or play QB at an NFL level--something besides holding a clipboard while white.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:40 pm 

Hussra wrote:
13 career games, 13 picks vs 4 TD's...safe bet that no one was going to claim Nathan Peterman off of waivers. These shit-ass white qb's always stick around forever. Baker Mayfield, Charlie Whitehurst, Sean Salisbury, Peterman...you'd think you'd use the roster spot on a player who could maybe also punt or kick or run a route or play QB at an NFL level--something besides holding a clipboard while white.

Someone has to be there to break they playbook and film down into a Dr Suess story for QB1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:09 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Your point is that analysts need to have been good or better NFL players to have valid opinions about the NFL. Are you really The Hawk or simply A Weasel? Don't back away from your argument now, sport. Own it.

No little one. I looked at OH NO SULLIVAN'S football record as well as his tiny coaching record. Then I examined his silly analysis of a snippet of fields not completing a total of four passes in which he had no chance of completing. You and a few others here laughingly took this weak analysis and agreed with it. I say that OH NO SULLIVAN is a weak ninny when it comes to critiquing Fields or any other qb for that matter. That was my argument from the beginning . Open your own eyes and own that yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

No little one. I looked at OH NO SULLIVAN'S football record as well as his tiny coaching record. Then I examined his silly analysis of a snippet of fields not completing a total of four passes in which he had no chance of completing. You and a few others here laughingly took this weak analysis and agreed with it. I say that OH NO SULLIVAN is a weak ninny when it comes to critiquing Fields or any other qb for that matter. That was my argument from the beginning . Open your own eyes and own that yourself.

What is the relevance of his playing career? Where did you play your ball? The Victoria's Secret Underwear League? If you didn't play in the pros, how could you possibly be qualified to criticize O'Sullivan?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:48 am 

stlmax wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
stlmax wrote:

My statement was clear and on point. Your reply was gross and unintelligible. It must really suck to be as illiterate as you, eh?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
stlmax wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
stlmax wrote:

My statement was clear and on point. Your reply was gross and unintelligible. It must really suck to be as illiterate as you, eh?

Yikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:26 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:30 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
stlmax wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
stlmax wrote:

I know I'm illiterate and all but he's like still on the roster?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

Watching Fields press conference today, it looked like he was feeling the pressure of expectations.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Watching Fields press conference today, it looked like he was feeling the pressure of expectations.

Rough game to start with. Not because the Packers are good or anything. It's because it's basically Love vs Fields cage match.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Rough game to start with. Not because the Packers are good or anything. It's because it's basically Love vs Fields cage match.

He has to rise to the occasion. Losing to another team wouldn't really matter in the first week. Losing to Love and the Packers would have the boo birds out if he didn't play well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

He should want that comp.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:

Nah I think he was thrown off when asked if he felt like he passed tests he set for himself this off-season. He would have been more comfortable if he was asked if he things ran smoothly this summer.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Nah I think he was thrown off when asked if he felt like he passed tests he set for himself this off-season. He would have been more comfortable if he was asked if he things ran smoothly this summer.

"Sorry, can you repeat that? "

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

He's nervous because he's not very good and he knows it. His teammates even seem to have given up perpetuating the myth that he's good. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had more support in the locker room than Fields appears to have. Listen to Poles talk about Bagent and compare it to the way he discusses Fields. Poles and Cunningham are more excited about an undrafted rookie free agent QB from the bottom of the college barrel than they are about a former top QB prospect from Ohio State.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
He's nervous because he's not very good and he knows it. His teammates even seem to have given up perpetuating the myth that he's good. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had more support in the locker room than Fields appears to have. Listen to Poles talk about Bagent and compare it to the way he discusses Fields. Poles and Cunningham are more excited about an undrafted rookie free agent QB from the bottom of the college barrel than they are about a former top QB prospect from Ohio State.

Even Cole Kmet seemed excited about Bagent throwing the ball to the correct spot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:38 pm 

How many games will they give Fields before they pull the plug if he sucks again at throwing?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
How many games will they give Fields before they pull the plug if he sucks again at throwing?

The trade deadline if it is really bad. I think they would want to give Bagent a shot before heading into the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I will genuinely feel bad for Fields if they get off to a slow start Sunday, he doesn't look good and they are down a couple scores at halftime. As hopeful as everyone is for him this year, I don't think it will take long for the masses to turn on him, especially if he looks bad against the Packers at home.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:31 am 

Fields will be fine. People here want to prematurely bury him so that their preconceptions from two years ago will finally be proven correct.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
man of few opinions wrote:
I will genuinely feel bad for Fields if they get off to a slow start Sunday, he doesn't look good and they are down a couple scores at halftime. As hopeful as everyone is for him this year, I don't think it will take long for the masses to turn on him, especially if he looks bad against the Packers at home.

You get such disparity in the first couple games of the season though it’s hard to make a judgment. Everything‘s new , there’s no film, coaches have all had 9 months to come up with game plans for their first couple opponents so unless its historically bad the first couple games I dont think youre going to have a definite take on how Fields is going to be .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 146  Next