It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
Fields will be fine. People here want to prematurely bury him so that their preconceptions from two years ago will finally be proven correct.

You are projecting. MANY thought Fields would be great, and they've slowly started to doubt him. What evidence do you have that he'll be fine?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:02 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Fields will be fine. People here want to prematurely bury him so that their preconceptions from two years ago will finally be proven correct.

He got to the NFL and couldn't throw. That's why people doubt him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
badrogue17 wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
I will genuinely feel bad for Fields if they get off to a slow start Sunday, he doesn't look good and they are down a couple scores at halftime. As hopeful as everyone is for him this year, I don't think it will take long for the masses to turn on him, especially if he looks bad against the Packers at home.

You get such disparity in the first couple games of the season though it’s hard to make a judgment. Everything‘s new , there’s no film, coaches have all had 9 months to come up with game plans for their first couple opponents so unless its historically bad the first couple games I dont think youre going to have a definite take on how Fields is going to be .

I agree with the part that the coaches have had the entire off-season to invent an offense that suits Fields game. This guy is not a typical QB, they needed to be thinking outside the box with him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:12 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You are projecting. MANY thought Fields would be great, and they've slowly started to doubt him. What evidence do you have that he'll be fine?

:lol: You doubt Fields and believe in the Sox to make the playoffs next year.

I love you Nas, please dont every change!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
I guess the bigger question is what to do if Fields is just OK this year, does some good things, but still does not look like a top tier QB at the end of the year, if that's the case it would be hard not to draft a QB next year given the quality of the QB draft class.

There are times I wonder if that has not been the plan all along because they had plenty of paper to throw at a starting level NFL center and did not, the fact that they are starting Patrick at center is frightening because he really struggles to anchor, and you have Slaton and Clark week one followed by Vea in week two, you will see the pocket collapsing with regularity.

You almost have to rely on your side, but you have a rookie that only played a few snaps in preseason at RT, so not sure if you can count on anything holding up on your line until he proves he can play.

It will be interesting to see how many called QB runs we see, that will tell you where they think Fields is at as a passer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:25 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I've been objective when it comes to Fields. I'll still have his jersey on on Sunday. I also doubt anyone wants him to be Mahomes or Warren Moon more than me. You should be able to recognize the difference between a hot take and objectivity. What have you seen from Fields that makes you believe he'll be fine?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
badrogue17 wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
I will genuinely feel bad for Fields if they get off to a slow start Sunday, he doesn't look good and they are down a couple scores at halftime. As hopeful as everyone is for him this year, I don't think it will take long for the masses to turn on him, especially if he looks bad against the Packers at home.

You get such disparity in the first couple games of the season though it’s hard to make a judgment. Everything‘s new , there’s no film, coaches have all had 9 months to come up with game plans for their first couple opponents so unless its historically bad the first couple games I dont think youre going to have a definite take on how Fields is going to be .

I generally agree with this point and don't think we will be able to make a final determination on Fields until the second half of the season. In this "new age" NFL--with its shorter, fewer and less intense practices and training camps--it will likely take "projects" like Fields longer to blossom--assuming that they ever do.

Unfortunately, none of the signs are pointing in the right direction for this guy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:28 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I've been objective when it comes to Fields. I'll still have his jersey on on Sunday. I also doubt anyone wants him to be Mahomes or Warren Moon more than me. You should be able to recognize the difference between a hot take and objectivity. What have you seen from Fields that makes you believe he'll be fine?

:lol: that is what makes it funny. You are objective about Fields and a meatball about the Sox. I would expect that to be the opposite. But carry on with your objective hot take self!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:28 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

people have an antiquated notion of the qb position

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:31 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He progressed by every single metric between year 1 and 2. I expect further progression. Some of you treat training camp and pre season like this is your first time seeing it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:31 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Please elaborate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:35 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

There has never been a successful quarterback in the league that has the poor passing stats that Fields has so far. There isn't one name you can point to as a reason for hope if the trajectory stays the same. There are players that have struggled early in their careers who figured it out later but it is undeniable that Fields has to improve significantly as a passer to succeed in the league and his big payday is coming soon which further limits his overall value.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

:lol: that is what makes it funny. You are objective about Fields and a meatball about the Sox. I would expect that to be the opposite. But carry on with your objective hot take self!

He's got a relative in the Bears org, too. Grandma Ginny.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:45 am 

Nas wrote:
What have you seen from Fields that makes you believe he'll be fine?

And for the record I have doubts about Fields. But I am not paying attention to anything in camp or preseason games. I want to see the first few games. That will tell the story. I hope he can progress into a solid NFL QB, but I would not bet on that at the moment.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:46 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The playoff prediction was a hot take. I've been objective when it comes to the Sox. I was probably the first person here to recognize Hahn was the problem. I also recognized TLR wasn't the problem.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:47 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

There has never been a successful quarterback in the league that has the poor passing stats that Fields has so far. There isn't one name you can point to as a reason for hope if the trajectory stays the same. There are players that have struggled early in their careers who figured it out later but it is undeniable that Fields has to improve significantly as a passer to succeed in the league and his big payday is coming soon which further limits his overall value.

If the trajectory stays the same he will move up to about 62% completions with single digit INT. I think his year 2 with Getsy will see a greater climb in the trajectory to about 65% with increase yards per attempt and per catch, which would put in a good position as a thrower. Add the other dimension to his game and those would comp him favorably to Lamar Jackson

His big payday is 3 or more seasons away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:48 am 

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

And for the record I have doubts about Fields. But I am not paying attention to anything in camp or preseason games. I want to see the first few games. That will tell the story. I hope he can progress into a solid NFL QB, but I would not bet on that at the moment.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
I guess the bigger question is what to do if Fields is just OK this year, does some good things, but still does not look like a top tier QB at the end of the year, if that's the case it would be hard not to draft a QB next year given the quality of the QB draft class.

There are times I wonder if that has not been the plan all along because they had plenty of paper to throw at a starting level NFL center and did not, the fact that they are starting Patrick at center is frightening because he really struggles to anchor, and you have Slaton and Clark week one followed by Vea in week two, you will see the pocket collapsing with regularity.

You almost have to rely on your side, but you have a rookie that only played a few snaps in preseason at RT, so not sure if you can count on anything holding up on your line until he proves he can play.

It will be interesting to see how many called QB runs we see, that will tell you where they think Fields is at as a passer.

I'm okay with Fields being Tony Romo. He doesn't need to be a top 5ish quarterback to satisfy me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:53 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He progressed by every single metric between year 1 and 2. I expect further progression. Some of you treat training camp and pre season like this is your first time seeing it.

:lol:

To quote a wise man: "Numbers lie like your brother-in-law."

Fields may have improved, but he still ranked among the worst starting QBs in the NFL in almost every statistical category. The Bears coaches thought he sucked, too. That's why they limited his attempts and consistently ran on 2nd and 3rd downs in long yardage situations. He struggles with accuracy, can't read quickly, and gets sacked at an astronomical rate. In training camp, he couldn't even dominate against a bottom-feeding Bears defense that was significantly hampered by injuries. I hope Fields succeeds, but there's nothing to suggest he's the long-term solution at QB.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:56 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If the trajectory stays the same he will move up to about 62% completions with single digit INT. I think his year 2 with Getsy will see a greater climb in the trajectory to about 65% with increase yards per attempt and per catch, which would put in a good position as a thrower. Add the other dimension to his game and those would comp him favorably to Lamar Jackson

It's swell that you "think" this will happen, but there's no evidence to suggest that it will.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:57 am 

good dolphin wrote:
The only thing he really improved on was his td rate. Obviously, that is important but almost everything else stayed pretty close to the same. Completion percentage went up 1.5% but that isn't hard when you are in the 50s for completion percentage in the modern NFL and teams are caring more about you running.

65% with a higher yards per catch and single digit interceptions would be the type of massive improvement we are talking about.

good dolphin wrote:
Daniel Jones got his after year 4.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:04 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It's swell that you "think" this will happen, but there's no evidence to suggest that it will.

you base your opinion regarding his progress from the end of last year on second or third hand information from guys who are sweating off a hard night of drinking, most of whom don't know proper mechanics for throwing or what is trying to be accomplished each day of practice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:06 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

Exactly.

Why are you complaining that others essentially feel the same way? We see his physical tools. MANY of us haven't thrown in the towel. We just didn't see anything this offseason that said he took another step.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:18 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
[

you base your opinion regarding his progress from the end of last year on second or third hand information from guys who are sweating off a hard night of drinking, most of whom don't know proper mechanics for throwing or what is trying to be accomplished each day of practice

And yet their opinions are more informed than yours. But maybe you're right: perhaps it was Fields goal in training camp to struggle in drills designed to favor the offense and consistently fail to miss open receivers. I guess that's why Bagent is playing behind him. Because he was doing the opposite.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Fields is my fantasy football quarterback. He will be
Ok until he's gets injured running.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:28 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
[

And yet their opinions are more informed than yours. But maybe you're right: perhaps it was Fields goal in training camp to struggle in drills designed to favor the offense and consistently fail to miss open receivers. I guess that's why Bagent is playing behind him. Because he was doing the opposite.

which practices did you watch that you can say from your own observations that he struggled?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:35 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

Exactly.

Why are you complaining that others essentially feel the same way? We see his physical tools. MANY of us haven't thrown in the towel. We just didn't see anything this offseason that said he took another step.

what did you see this off season that said he didn't take a step

The point is, you are making conclusions about progress based on almost no reliable information.

If you want to discuss his production in previous years, I may not agree, but at least we are using real data. You are treating these practices as if they have even close to similar reliability and that the sources you have read are valid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:39 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
[

which practices did you watch that you can say from your own observations that he struggled?

Why does this matter? If Fields looked good, you would be creaming in your pants and starting a million threads here about it. You're struggling now because your Bears fantasy world is imploding.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:45 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

Exactly.

what did you see this off season that said he didn't take a step

The point is, you are making conclusions about progress based on almost no reliable information.

If you want to discuss his production in previous years, I may not agree, but at least we are using real data. You are treating these practices as if they have even close to similar reliability and that the sources you have read are valid

Last season is my baseline. I saw a guy who was electric running, but doubted his eyes as a passer. From all the data I've collected over the offseason, that hasn't changed. How often does a quarterback struggle in the offseason and play great when the season starts?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:59 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
[

Why does this matter? If Fields looked good, you would be creaming in your pants and starting a million threads here about it. You're struggling now because your Bears fantasy world is imploding.

I wouldn't know whether he looked good or not from pre season, just as I didn't think Wright was certain for greatness, Roschon Johnson would start the year as the starting running back, Tyler Scott would blow up the league, or any other number of takes that came from on site observers of training camp.

I'm not struggling with anything. If he's bad, so be it. We have two first round picks with which to correct it next year. But I'm certainly not going rely on highly imperfect second hand information to draw a conclusion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 146  Next