It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

Last edited by Hussra on Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:52 pm 

Mills' numbers are fueled by a very good rookie season in which he looked like the best QB of the draft class

as an aside, I fully expect Davis Mills to start again in the NFL. He has talent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
ShortTimeLurker wrote:
Davis Mills: 28 games (26 starts), 5,782 yards, 33 touchdowns and 25 interceptions, 63.6 % completions and 62 sacks. His team is 5-19-1 in his starts.

Justin Fields: 27 games (25 starts), 4,112 yards, 24 touchdowns and 21 interceptions, 59.7% completions and 91 sacks. His team is 5-20 in his starts.

Yeah, this is a painful comparison for the Fields faithful. Mills isn't very good, but he's still a significantly better passer than Fields--and with a far lower sack rate.

Do Trevor Lawrence faithful feel a similar pain?

I'll let you know just as soon as Fields passes for 4,000 yards in a season.

You have insisted that Lawrence and Fields are basically the same guy, so I'm assuming that will happen this season, right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Fields should have better rushing numbers than Mills...he's a RB playing QB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
badrogue17 wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
I will genuinely feel bad for Fields if they get off to a slow start Sunday, he doesn't look good and they are down a couple scores at halftime. As hopeful as everyone is for him this year, I don't think it will take long for the masses to turn on him, especially if he looks bad against the Packers at home.

You get such disparity in the first couple games of the season though it’s hard to make a judgment. Everything‘s new , there’s no film, coaches have all had 9 months to come up with game plans for their first couple opponents so unless its historically bad the first couple games I dont think youre going to have a definite take on how Fields is going to be .

Who is this imposter and what did they do with brogue

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The fans have no one but themselves to blame if Fields disappoints them. That's because they bought a ton of stock in a startup that had nothing going for it except "potential". It's on them for hyping up this startup (QB1 party) instead of paying attention to the underlying data (can't pass).

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
The fans have no one but themselves to blame if Fields disappoints them. That's because they bought a ton of stock in a startup that had nothing going for it except "potential". It's on them for hyping up this startup (QB1 party) instead of paying attention to the underlying data (can't pass).

He could pass if you gave him 8 seconds and his superior receivers were open by 3 yards..

His limitations are all in his head. He has elite physical tools.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

He could pass if you gave him 8 seconds and his superior receivers were open by 3 yards..

If that's meant to be reassuring, it isn't. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

:lol: :lol: It's just an observation. Unlike dolphin, I doubt he can overcome them.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Last night was interesting to watch and consider in comparison to Fields prior history what is regarded by most as a league average QB like Goff naturally and without seeming to have to think about it do things like feel the pressure and step up in the pocket without taking his eyes off down-field.....no doubt helps that Goff has absolute trust in that Lions 0-Line; but that trust alone doesn't account for Goff just doing those things without having to make a special effort--It's what an NFL quarterback does

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

:lol: :lol: It's just an observation. Unlike dolphin, I doubt he can overcome them.

I doubt dolphin can overcome the limitations in his head either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:52 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I've always thought he was over coached like tribisky was too. It's like when a girl tells you to do it right when she should just shut her god damn fuckin mouth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:21 am 
1000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I've always thought he was over coached like tribisky was too. It's like when a girl tells you to do it right when she should just shut her god damn fuckin mouth

Well, some of his play clearly indicates that he is disregarding coaching. For example, one of his most obvious shortcomings is that he holds onto the ball way too long in the pocket. Rather than following the coaching directive to "throw the ball away and live to fight another day," he takes sacks at an enormously high rate--in 2022, about twice as much as any other starting NFL QB. Sacks are drive-killers, and Fields' propensity to take them instead of getting rid of the ball has prevented the Bears' offense from establishing any kind of consistency.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Well, some of his play clearly indicates that he is disregarding coaching. For example, one of his most obvious shortcomings is that he holds onto the ball way too long in the pocket. Rather than following the coaching directive to "throw the ball away and live to fight another day," he takes sacks at an enormously high rate--in 2022, about twice as much as any other starting NFL QB. Sacks are drive-killers, and Fields' propensity to take them instead of getting rid of the ball has prevented the Bears' offense from establishing any kind of consistency.

It kind of goes hand in hand with his running talent, no?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:37 am 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

It kind of goes hand in hand with his running talent, no?

Unfortunately, that appears to be the case--the running and the sacks are intertwined.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Id disagree bros. Sacks can be of many kinds, including failed attempts to elude sacks and sacks due to failure to grasp coverages and know where to go with the ball. I believe TM and others correctly focus on the latter type of sacks. I think we can all tolerate the former because we trust in Fields ability to use his athleticism in those situations.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:37 pm 

If we lose tomorrow the season is over

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
If we lose tomorrow it never even began.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
TriColoredPastas wrote:

If they lose, you trade your (2) first rounders for the #1 overall pick and take a QB.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:42 pm 

the worst thing that will probably happen is the bears lose "but it wasnt fields fault"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
The excuses for Fields are already lined up and ready to go. Wright's a rookie, Whitehair is hurt and out of position, Davis doesn't care about football, Patrick is... yeah. I'm not sure if that means the game plan will be a lot of screens to reduce exposing the line for what it is.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Cashman wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

If they lose, you trade your (2) first rounders for the #1 overall pick and take a QB.

The first overall pick is not for sale this year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I swear to god if I read another article saying Love is better than Fields because Fields has a 5-20 record...

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/three-reasons-why-packers-will-beat-bears-in-nfl-week-1

Fields, on the other hand, is entering his third year as the Bears’ starter. He’s 5-20 in those starts. That’s not all on him, obviously, but quarterbacks are drafted and paid to win games. He has not done so, due in large part to career marks of 59.7 percent accuracy and 24 touchdowns vs. 21 interceptions.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:25 pm 

Fuck it I'm calling it now. Season is over. Fields sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I'm going to wait until the Bears first possession when they go 3 and out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:35 pm 

Ok I can do that. It's happened only 25 years in a row or whatever. Why am I suddenly dreading this game? I'm always so happy until like game 5.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Monday has a chance to be one of the best days in the history of Chicago sports talk radio and this board.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Any of you mofo’s wanna make the “45 minute” drive from downtown to Central Wis tomorrow, I’ll be at the Bear’s Den for the game. Great pizza and I am buying everything.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:

I guess that you don't count yourself as a fan because you have no one to blame but yourself when real fans mock you for being so short-sighted about Fields terrific talent. That is solely on you.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

ANyone else find is very amusing that this dolt is talking about someone else having "LIMITATIONS ALL IN HIS HEAD"

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 146  Next