It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubs Game thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
bullpen game for arizona today

cubs actually score a run and up 1-0 early, who else, seya rbi double.

happ moved down to #6 spot and Seya #3.

Morel in for Tauchman at DH

PFAADT who was the scheduled starter coming in for the 3rd inn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:55 pm 

Zevy Zavala starting today for the Dbacks. Didnt even know he was on their team. gets his first hit as a dback

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:04 pm 

Morel HR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:06 pm 

bellinger HR

guess the dbacks manager felt sorry for the cubs today. big mistake not going for the sweep to tie the cubs in the wc spot.

let's see if they can hold on with hendricks and the shit bullpen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:07 pm 

Swanson HR, back to back. 3 hrs this inning so far

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:42 pm 

Swanson 2out rbi single

5-1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
nice moment when HOFer pat hughes realized his valet/suck-ass from the radio booth wasn't in the tv booth with him. his dumb anecdote about randy hundley fell flat with jd and manaker. zach would have laughed so hard that he'd collapse a lung. only a bernstein would have nodded in approval. mediocre white catcher from a former horror (loho, does our radio audience know what really happened in charlottesville???) red state and accent to boot - just has to be so dumb as to not know what hitting for a cycle is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:47 pm 

ok time to pull hendricks.

he's having that one inning now

dbacks on 2nd and 3rd no out

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:51 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
nice moment when HOFer pat hughes realized his valet/suck-ass from the radio booth wasn't in the tv booth with him. his dumb anecdote about randy hundley fell flat with jd and manaker. zach would have laughed so hard that he'd collapse a lung. only a bernstein would have nodded in approval. mediocre white catcher from a former horror (loho, does our radio audience know what really happened in charlottesville???) red state and accent to boot - just has to be so dumb as to not know what hitting for a cycle is.

good catch. when he told that story i was like isn't he offending southern ppl with that stupid accent and insinuating they're all stupid? it was a pretty terrible story.

how this idiot get into the HOF is beyond me. never tells the score when on the radio, because it's radio not tv where you can't see the score. his monotone voice is so boring it puts me to sleep. and he just coasts every broadcast making so many mistakes that his partner has to make up.

I realize he was from the bob uekcer school but at least bob is funny and not a bore like this shitbag hughes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:52 pm 

fucking hendricks. tying run at the plate.

cuas coming in? wtf? does ross want to walk in all the runs on base?

where is merryweeather? he was lights out the last 2 days. you can't use him for one better today?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Lol wut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:53 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Lol wut

NWsider is right. you missed it bob. it was such a stupid story from hughes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:55 pm 

caus got out of it

but w/ this fucking bullpen, cubs offense has to score runs so a grand slam can't tie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:59 pm 

hughes talking about how 2 pitchers on the same staff have names with double AA's

JD baffled. like oh yeah, i guess so.

JD was probably thinking thank god I have a day off from Boog but then realizing this old fart is just as bad or worse.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:26 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Uh oh

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:48 pm 

W

What a wild brewers yankees game. Yankees no hit thru 10 and looked like they were going to lose 2 or 3 times in extras but score mutiple runs to tie and win.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:55 pm 

the brewers play the marlins tomorrow and hopefully, they'll be reeling from their loss to the yankees today. unbelievable game. i can't think of a tougher way to lose. no-hit the yanks for 10 innings, then blow a 3-1 extra-inning lead.

kudos to counsel for his move to walk judge. rolled the dice, and put his team in a position to win. if i'm the brewers, i'd give him a blank check..go ahead, fill it out. can't understand the roadblock...unless he really wants to leave.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:39 pm 

Giants just swept the Rockies after we swept the Giants and now we get 3 @ the Rockies.

Cubs need to sweep. Usually 2/3 on the road is good but this Rockies team is terrible. No excuse for the bats to go dead at Coors.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:43 am 

wicks going tonight, lefty freeland for the rockies. will assume that tauchman will sit - madrigal at 3rd, candelario at 1B, bellinger the only L hitter in the starting line-up. crow-armstrong called up, don't think he'll be available tonight. L hitter anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Colorado and Arizona are two of the largest outfields in MLB. I expect that PCA will get either a Tuesday or Wednesday start in Colorado so Tauchman doesn't have to play a day game after a night game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:06 pm 

not sure if they want tauchman to sit to fight fatigue, or, tauchman has already hit his zenith and pca and canario are the future. i think you're right in that pca will play this series. hitter-friendly park and crappy rockies pitching - what better way to build up pca's psyche as he starts his MLB career.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:22 pm 

I read today that Tauchman has been poor at the plate on the road all season, but even though he has been slumping he is above average in Wrigley. They are going to be on the road for their first two to five playoff games assuming Philly doesn't slump hard and give up the first WC spot.

So a scenario where PCA and Madrigal effectively share playoff playing time out of the 9 hole (with Candelario and Bellinger shifting as needed) seems quite likely. That would let Ross play matchups with Tauchman, Wisdom, and Morel at DH, which we saw him do last week against the Giants when they were facing a bullpen game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:55 pm 

i'm of the opinion that the less we see of tauchman and madrigal, the better. this would mean that pca and/or canario are legit and the cubs' starting 9 are basically set for next year and pitching should be their #1 priority in the off-season. the obvious is ohtani. my preferences are nola, or at the very least, a sonny gray type. both will be free agents. much revolves around wicks, wesneski and assad and how they finish the season - likely the playoffs. bullpen will also need tinkering.

i had the 2024 season as THE season. cubs are playing above expectations and the expanded playoffs will likely put the cubs ahead of schedule. still believe the cubs have a shot at the division, the brew crew may revert to normal hitting form and go a week of scoring 16 runs total. i'd still have to give a nod to their manager and starting pitching over the cubs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:05 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
i'm of the opinion that the less we see of tauchman and madrigal, the better. this would mean that pca and/or canario are legit and the cubs' starting 9 are basically set for next year and pitching should be their #1 priority in the off-season. the obvious is ohtani. my preferences are nola, or at the very least, a sonny gray type. both will be free agents. much revolves around wicks, wesneski and assad and how they finish the season - likely the playoffs. bullpen will also need tinkering.

i had the 2024 season as THE season. cubs are playing above expectations and the expanded playoffs will likely put the cubs ahead of schedule. still believe the cubs have a shot at the division, the brew crew may revert to normal hitting form and go a week of scoring 16 runs total. i'd still have to give a nod to their manager and starting pitching over the cubs.

here's the thing - ross refusing to sit any of these bums like tachman down. he didnt start last week all the games but he found a way for him to pinch hit each game.

Sit Tauchman down and let Canario start for a few games.

Madrigal has been pretty good. I'd keep him in. He gets the clutch hits most of the time and his defense is good. Fuck Wisdom. Never play that asshole again. Why is he still in the mlb.

Last edited by HawaiiYou on Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:06 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Colorado and Arizona are two of the largest outfields in MLB. I expect that PCA will get either a Tuesday or Wednesday start in Colorado so Tauchman doesn't have to play a day game after a night game.

when we play arizona i think we take 2/3 from their turf. we won't be hung over there like the 120pm games at wrigley. I expect the cubs bats to bash the dbacks in phoenix. but first things first got to sweep the rockies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:38 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Fuck Wisdom. Never play that asshole again. Why is he still in the mlb.

check out his salary and you'll get an answer to your question.

not that i'm a big fan of candelario, but he should be the everyday 3B. i just don't rate madrigal as a starter. similar to darwin barney - a starter on a crap team. i agree with you on wisdom, another starter on a crap team...addition by subtraction and if everything goes well (pca ready for the majors), bellinger will be the 1B next year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:33 pm 

Alzolay on the 15 day IL.

I suspected he had a dead arm that reds game where he blew the save.

Lieter looks like he has a tired arm too.

—-

Canario being sent down for PCA. Why did they even bring him up if theyr weren’t going to use him

So will Ross let PCA play?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:58 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Fuck Wisdom. Never play that asshole again. Why is he still in the mlb.

check out his salary and you'll get an answer to your question.

not that i'm a big fan of candelario, but he should be the everyday 3B. i just don't rate madrigal as a starter. similar to darwin barney - a starter on a crap team. i agree with you on wisdom, another starter on a crap team...addition by subtraction and if everything goes well (pca ready for the majors), bellinger will be the 1B next year.

I think Madrigal is effective in spots as the #9 hitter. Pretty much any day that the wind is blowing in at Wrigley, he's a better lineup option than either Wisdom or Morel. He should never see the field in Colorado this week, but I'm sure he will.

If they are able to sign both Bellinger and Candelario, and I think they will, then Madrigal and Morel split the #9 spot in the lineup - Madrigal at either 3B/DH, or Morel at DH.

The bench becomes whichever one of them isn't playing (as the backup 2/3/SS that day), Canario and Tauchman as the #4 and #5 OF respectfully (so more like 150 PA for Tauchman), and Amaya as the #2 catcher. No room for Wisdom, I expect that he will be traded before the season starts even if they offer him arbitration.

Now, if Matt Shaw continues to rake next season between AA/AAA, then one of Madrigal, Morel, or Tauchman would have to go to make room.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:49 pm 

so wisdom is starting, wtf

sutcliffe and hughes in the booth. where is boog these days?

cubs down in the first 1-0

if they can't put up runs in colorado vs Freeland then we got a major problem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:53 pm 

HY, my apologies for not updating earlier but heavily involved in the Rodgers situation. Brewers currently Winning 4-0, B5

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 81  Next