It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Good news…we have the best-of-the-best tackling the hard questions. How should we get a young QB to play freely? Take it away, noted developer of young QBs:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I really want Fields to be gone this year. Not so much because I hate him - he seems like a good guy - but because I'm really annoyed with all this "if this happens, and if that happens, and if he gets this play call, and if he's allowed to do that, then he'll be MVP" talk. At some point the data speaks for itself and one should let it speak. We've got a viable sample size of data. The data sucks. It's actually quite horrendous. A 300 yard performance this weekend with 4 TDs and a W would be an outlier. He'd have to repeat that kind of performance several times for it to become to the mean. That's not happening. But what will happen is once we do get an inevitable outlier performance all these Fields apologists are gonna latch on to it and say "SEE, YOU REALLY DO HAVE SOMETHING HERE WITH THIS GUY.". But we don't - they ignore how statistically any kind of positive performance is an outlier. He's not the guy. So really this kind of day dreaming needs to stop for the sanity of people who don't ignore the reality in front of their eyes.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
HawaiiYou wrote:

I agree 100% with what Greeny said. It was like Fields was given a defined operating area he was ordered to stay in. It reminds me of an electrified dog collar that people put on their dogs to get them in their yard.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:58 am 

The Hawk wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

I agree 100% with what Greeny said. It was like Fields was given a defined operating area he was ordered to stay in. It reminds me of an electrified dog collar that people put on their dogs to get them in their yard.

Except he can't do the one thing that is slightly important when playing the quarterback position, throw the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:32 am 

If anyone thinks Fields staring at open receivers, not throwing the ball, then running into a sack, is on anyone else but Fields then you are a dumbass. Hawk, Greenberg, and Fields included.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
veganfan21 wrote:
I A 300 yard performance this weekend with 4 TDs and a W would be an outlier. He'd have to repeat that kind of performance several times for it to become to the mean. That's not happening.

if he managed such a performance, i'd immediately bench him and make up an non-serious injury. Then try and sell high.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:33 am 

Bagels wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I A 300 yard performance this weekend with 4 TDs and a W would be an outlier. He'd have to repeat that kind of performance several times for it to become to the mean. That's not happening.

if he managed such a performance, i'd immediately bench him and make up an non-serious injury. Then try and sell high.

:lol:

Espn, Parkins and Spiegel, and the Hawk would be your only buyers though.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:36 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I really want Fields to be gone this year. Not so much because I hate him - he seems like a good guy - but because I'm really annoyed with all this "if this happens, and if that happens, and if he gets this play call, and if he's allowed to do that, then he'll be MVP" talk. At some point the data speaks for itself and one should let it speak. We've got a viable sample size of data. The data sucks. It's actually quite horrendous. A 300 yard performance this weekend with 4 TDs and a W would be an outlier. He'd have to repeat that kind of performance several times for it to become to the mean. That's not happening. But what will happen is once we do get an inevitable outlier performance all these Fields apologists are gonna latch on to it and say "SEE, YOU REALLY DO HAVE SOMETHING HERE WITH THIS GUY.". But we don't - they ignore how statistically any kind of positive performance is an outlier. He's not the guy. So really this kind of day dreaming needs to stop for the sanity of people who don't ignore the reality in front of their eyes.

It's called denial and we have lots of it in Chicago for our QB's. Cutler, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and now Fields.

We have been starving for a star quarterback our entire lives and can't accept it when another one fails. lt takes our hopes and dreams to be totally shattered into little pieces under the Packers cleats before we realize they suck.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
veganfan21 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

:lol:

Espn, Parkins and Spiegel, and the Hawk would be your only buyers though.

as others have said, there's always someone out there who thinks they can fix him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/j ... 0628739031

Lombardi's podcast
First 27 mins devoted to Bears/Fields

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Except he can't do the one thing that is slightly important when playing the quarterback position, throw the ball.

In addition to being very fat, you also are blind. Fields throws the ball very well. You don't make all American at quarterback if you can't throw the ball. Maybe you should find another sport to comment on where your stupidity doesn't show up so much?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
You have to bench him next week.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:57 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Absolutely not. Continuing to start Fields gives the Bears the best shot at the #1 overall pick. While Peterman and Bagent are likely both better than Fields, it's not like either of them are such an improvement that they would lead this sorry roster to the playoffs.

The real question is whether or not the Bears should bring back Poles to run the 2024 draft.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:09 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Absolutely not. Continuing to start Fields gives the Bears the best shot at the #1 overall pick. While Peterman and Bagent are likely both better than Fields, it's not like either of them will lead this roster to the playoffs.

There are players who will be around when the team is good. They see what this kid is doing out there. You owe them change. At the very least, you have to be willing to make a switch in game if this continues.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:45 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Absolutely not. Continuing to start Fields gives the Bears the best shot at the #1 overall pick. While Peterman and Bagent are likely both better than Fields, it's not like either of them are such an improvement that they would lead this sorry roster to the playoffs.

The real question is whether or not the Bears should bring back Poles to run the 2024 draft.

I doubt Caleb Williams will refuse to play for the Bears but it's also much more likely he refuses to play for the Bears if they go 0-17 and they look terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Do you think Nagy knew Fields sucked all along, which is why he didn’tstart him until forced to?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Heisenberg wrote:
Do you think Nagy knew Fields sucked all along, which is why he didn’tstart him until forced to?

I said it at the time; I think he knew the kid needed to sit. Listening to stupid fans and members of the media may have ruined him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I doubt Caleb Williams will refuse to play for the Bears but it's also much more likely he refuses to play for the Bears if they go 0-17 and they look terrible.

Any team with the #1 pick is by definition terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

I said it at the time; I think he knew the kid needed to sit. Listening to stupid fans and members of the media may have ruined him.

No, no, those stupid fans and members of the media know more about what Justin Fields can do then the coaches who have been watching him for three years now in practice for hours and hours day in and day out .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Would you hire Lincoln Reilly to get Caleb Williams?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:08 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Absolutely not. Continuing to start Fields gives the Bears the best shot at the #1 overall pick. While Peterman and Bagent are likely both better than Fields, it's not like either of them will lead this roster to the playoffs.

There are players who will be around when the team is good. They see what this kid is doing out there. You owe them change. At the very least, you have to be willing to make a switch in game if this continues.

If I were Tremaine Edmunds or DJ Moore, I'd rather have:
Fields, fewer victiories this season, and Caleb Williams next season
THAN
Bagent or Peterman, slightly more victories this season, and a quarterback other than Caleb Williams next season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:14 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Nagy and Pace promised Dalton the starting position prior to drafting Fields.

Their plan to sit Fields for a year had far less to do with Fields than it did with Dalton.

Nagy and Pace wanted to sit Fields so they could sell George on the concept of a "bright future" and buy themselves extra time/contract extensions.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:16 am 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

No, no, those stupid fans and members of the media know more about what Justin Fields can do then the coaches who have been watching him for three years now in practice for hours and hours day in and day out .

Yep, coaches always know best. That's why they sat Mahomes during his rookie year in KC.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:20 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Yep, coaches always know best. That's why they sat Mahomes during his rookie year in KC.

We could have lived with Dalton for that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:26 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Chiefs players knew Mahomes was better than Alex Smith when Mahomes was a rookie.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Chiefs players knew Mahomes was better than Alex Smith when Mahomes was a rookie.

They saw his ability to pass. You can always tell what the players think about the quarterback based on what they say. Whenever you hear about command of the offense, it's a great way to know the player isn't passing well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Kurt Warner was great with Parkins today.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:

What did they say?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

What did they say?

Has Kurt Warner become a gender nonconforming multitude?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 146  Next