It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
BD wrote:
From my observations, I still find it very strange that the show that needs to agree on nearly every topic discussed. That's probably more of a Holmes thing where he likes to pre-plan every show so every topic has been discussed off-air first.

It's a Bernstein thing. He likes to subvert the trope of Dueling Talk Show Hosts by having internal agreement on the show but conflict with other articles, nebulous "People on Twitter," or listeners. I think he's even said as much years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
When Bernstein doesn't follow the script Larry Holmes mandates exactly it must trigger Holmes' anxiety issues. He starts mumbling under his breath in-between the "But, Dan's".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
vitoscotti wrote:
When Bernstein doesn't follow the script Larry Holmes mandates exactly it must trigger Holmes' anxiety issues. He starts mumbling under his breath in-between the "But, Dan's".

Leila also does the soft Dan shots.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
A few interesting reads out there about the university presidents "performance" in front of congress being the end of wokeness which would be devastating to the show as they fill hour after hour dutifully regurgitating the approved woke takes on sports.

If you take out all the wokey chat the show would basically be very brief one to two minute segments of the hosts actually discussing game results, comic books, and food with hours and hours of time to fill.

Read where one guy said that "wokeism is an intellectual cancer, and like all cancers it eventually destroys it's host", seems to be right on when you look at who WSCR has gone from an entertaining place to listen to sports thoughts to a boring daily reading of goofy SJW approved twitter sports takes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:19 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
BD wrote:
From my observations, I still find it very strange that the show that needs to agree on nearly every topic discussed. That's probably more of a Holmes thing where he likes to pre-plan every show so every topic has been discussed off-air first.

It's a Bernstein thing. He likes to subvert the trope of Dueling Talk Show Hosts by having internal agreement on the show but conflict with other articles, nebulous "People on Twitter," or listeners. I think he's even said as much years ago.

Maybe in the past that's true. Holmes talks about the pre-show conversation often. He'll mention that specific topics on the show were talked over in the pre-show.

Personally, I don't mind an organized show, but I don't understand a show that is scripted. This is closer to scripted from the standpoint that they know each other's position. Do they even need a pre-show to make sure they are aligned on a topic? That seems to be the goal for Holmes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:58 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

for Sir, going back to evenings is like an ex con saying he won't go back to prison after committing another crime

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:02 am 

BD wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
BD wrote:

Maybe in the past that's true. Holmes talks about the pre-show conversation often. He'll mention that specific topics on the show were talked over in the pre-show.

Personally, I don't mind an organized show, but I don't understand a show that is scripted. This is closer to scripted from the standpoint that they know each other's position. Do they even need a pre-show to make sure they are aligned on a topic? That seems to be the goal for Holmes.

The hallmark of B and B was arriving five minutes before the show and leaving 30 seconds later. Sir shows have always been heavily produced. Dan isn't quite in the waning years of his career yet but I do think he is in the go along stage, riding things out until colleges are fully paid.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:15 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Dan isn't quite in the waning years of his career yet but I do think he is in the go along stage, riding things out until colleges are fully paid.

He's gone from his "not caring about his job but it works" era to "not caring about his job but maybe he should."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Dan isn't quite in the waning years of his career yet but I do think he is in the go along stage, riding things out until colleges are fully paid.

He's gone from his "not caring about his job but it works" era to "not caring about his job but maybe he should."

Bernstein even said that he wasn't used to a pre-show meeting, etc., but now it's part of the show. I don't think he's driving that . I think it's Holmes who wants the show to be aligned. In his mind, it must make a better show for the topics to be pre-planned and the hosts to agree on the topics.

I think that makes a show to be more boring.

I'd settle though for them dropping the politics, but if they want to sound like they are on the fringe of every topic (and think everyone else is)....I guess they can do that too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
good dolphin wrote:
BD wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
BD wrote:

The hallmark of B and B was arriving five minutes before the show and leaving 30 seconds later. Sir shows have always been heavily produced. Dan isn't quite in the waning years of his career yet but I do think he is in the go along stage, riding things out until colleges are fully paid.

The odd Holmes two hour show was totally producer dependent, 15 mins of play by play replays, 20 mins of replays of interviews, 20 mins gabbing about his podcast, 20 mins of pre-taped interviews, and maybe 10 mins of actual live content with zero outside voices, no callers, not even a disagreement with a guest.

Stumble across what must be a Bears post YouTube thing he does, but it looks like a guy that is just going through the motions, doing something he thinks he should do with zero emotional investment, but it's likely tough for him to watch other people filling his Bears Post Game spot and doing a much better job.

It's kind of a sad life for these guys, trying to milk out as many paychecks as possible working in a low demand field where they may sell off your station at any moment or may cut your job at any moment. They have done this so long that the prospect of having to put in a 40 hour week working alongside the unwashed masses must be terrifying.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Tune in today and they will tell you what Tommy DeVito Italian Jokes/Memes are appropriate and which ones are not. What would we do without these guys!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
eye-talians aren't a protected class

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Bagels wrote:
eye-talians aren't a protected class

But we love Big Pussy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:22 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
It's kind of a sad life for these guys, trying to milk out as many paychecks as possible working in a low demand field where they may sell off your station at any moment or may cut your job at any moment. They have done this so long that the prospect of having to put in a 40 hour week working alongside the unwashed masses must be terrifying.

Speaking of Big Pussy, remember the Sopranos episode where Tony's lawyer tells him to start showing up to his pretend office job, and listening to people engage in inane shoptalk at some industry function makes him pass out?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Curious Hair wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Speaking of Big Pussy, remember the Sopranos episode where Tony's lawyer tells him to start showing up to his pretend office job, and listening to people engage in inane shoptalk at some industry function makes him pass out?

:lol: While his work at the office consisted of drawing up the company's basketball pool and fucking the secretary.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Biggest news of the day to disappoint them all? Lucic gets tossed so they couldn't fully enjoy him. Maybe if he doesn't swear at ref you could also enjoy him?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:25 pm 

When did Larry Holmes become a football expert? Arrogant, condescending pontificating on all aspects of football. With his "you've got to understand" and "people don't realize". If there was a list of all the Chicago media that talk or write about the Bears #100 out of 100 rank on quality and being interesting would be generous.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:45 pm 

Bernstein very creepy during M & H transition yesterday. Not only bringing up musical Guys and Dolls but his extensive knowledge of it. Then got even weirder when he brings up his attraction to Luis Roberts again when mocking Tommy DeVito.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
"Guys And Dolls"? Isn't that a lavish, Broadway musical?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:43 am 

Bernstein is very passionate about his love, and knowledge of musicals.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Bagels wrote:
"Guys And Dolls"? Isn't that a lavish, Broadway musical?

It's 'Guys And Dolls,' not 'Guys And Guys.'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:33 pm 

I love musicals and so does Nathan Lane as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:51 pm 

Bernstein must have done Ethel Merman.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:22 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Guys And Guys

Starring LoHo?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

South Pacific is under rated.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
...Except it's from "Pinafore."

It's from "Penzance."!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:

Homos usually do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:50 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Homos usually do.

Which I assume is why vito (scot) is so interested in Bernsie's musical love. "Is he winking at me?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:01 am 

denisdman wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Homos usually do.

Which I assume is why vito (scot) is so interested in Bernsie's musical love. "Is he winking at me?"

With all your dough?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:51 pm 

The Score Christmas party must of had a funeral vibe to it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 94  Next