It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
To put things in perspective regarding the threadbare takes and the "is Dan coasting" talk in this thread: at the arguable peak of Senor's career, he was giving out the number to a fax machine and a myspace URL.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Fields has thrown for less yards than Zach Wilson.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

It's a really easy rule to follow, yet I find myself breaking it from time to time. If you can count it (apples), it's fewer. If you can't count it (justice), it's less.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Fewer then.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

I give less fucks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I went to school with a kid named Les Fokks. I think we were in sex ed together.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
you wouldn't get an honest answer to the question of how many full USC games have been watched this year, collectively, between Dan, Sir and Leila

Leila may not even know what college Caleb went too. She loves to remind everyone how busy she is and how she balances so many jobs, but she has not taken the time to actually understand the sports she is covering. Very bad on football in particular.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Transition ZZ/Dan Wiederer & Bernstein/Larry. Larry coming unglued talking gibberish in transition getting rattled by DW pushback.

Larry - The guy (Bears new QB) might have a better career than Justin Fields.

DW - Isn't that the goal?

Larry - Not necessarily.

DW - Wow... that's a strange... (Larry cuts him off)

that was a strange comment.

According to Laurence, the goal can be to win the Super Bowl in the next two years, not to draft the QB who will have a better year. Laurence is implying that Justin Fields allows you to win a Super Bowl next year while drafting a QB rules that out for the next 2 years. I don't disagree that keeping Fields and building around him is the quickest way to the Super Bowl, but it will not work if Fields can't stay healthy and/or is not the answer.

Lawrence thinks he's on to something with the NFC teams winning without a 1st round QB. Sure that's possible, but is he really arguing it's easier to find a later round QB who pans out? I would bet most teams with sustained success are typically 1st round QB's. Of course, there are, and will continue to be, exceptions.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Another transition (yesterday) gem:

Bernstein: It just surprises me that people are as dug in as they are on Caleb Williams being extra-special when there's a huge body of work that I think provides all kinds of reasonable doubt.

Some Guy: Are you equally as surprised at the people that are as dug in on Justin Fields...?

Bernstein: I think there's nuance in all of it and uncertainty in both directions.

I heard that, and it was great that he asked that.

Also, Bernstein says that Luke Getsy should publicly acknowledge what a special talent he has right now in Fields and how fortunate he is to coach him.....

Bernstein makes very similar comments to Holmes in their over the top defense of Fields.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Sean King, (paraphrasing) “Show me a top NFL QB, and you can bet he has better talent around him than Fields.” Me- Lamar Jackson.

Later in the show- coaches defend coaches on why the league thinks Getsy is better than Chicago.

Earlier in the show- ex players think Fields is better than many fans. Hmmm, easy to connect the dots, ain’t it?

King says the Bears are a bottom 7 or 8 talented offense in the league. I don't think it's top 10, but I don't think it's at the bottom of the league either.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I’ve not seen such QB nonsense in my life in Chicago.

And we went through Rex, Orton, Cutler, and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky nonsense!

Most of this is nothing new: the Score championed Grossman, Cutler, and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as "the thinking fan's quarterback" against the regressives who preferred Orton, Griese, Foles, or were just frustrated with Cutler occasionally being kinda bad. Whatever.

However, this time around they've cross-bred that with another old Score hobbyhorse: that basketball, the black sport, is the thinking fan's sport while hockey, the white sport, is for racists, lumpenproles, guys who photograph their fish, and other dangers to the social fabric. Dan's use of the term "hockey supremacists" for people who grew tired of four hours of Vinny Del Negro talk was not accidental. So Justin Fields is the choice of intelligent sports fans because he's talented and he's black while stupid people want to replace him with a white stiff. Again, this is all 2008 Boers & Bernstein, nothing new under the sun.

Where this all becomes completely deranged, though, is that the player whom fans wish to replace Fields with IS ALSO BLACK. The race-war aspect of this is entirely fictitious! It's not even like a Jason Goff neurosis where Fields would be replaced with the dreaded "light-skinned brother." They're both black. Tyson Bagent is over and done with; no one cares. Caleb Williams does not represent the triumph of the white race anywhere but deep within Leery's odd head. It's like they're trying to be incendiary but it's pure nonsense, word salad to passersby. Saying "we have to protect Justin (and it's always just Justin, they're on a first-name basis with him) from the racists who want Caleb Williams" is like saying "I can't start my car because my oven doesn't work." No one understands how you're coming to this conclusion.

In people like Holmes and Bernstein...I think it's still racist to get rid of Fields because he should be the starting QB in Chicago and Caleb should be a starter elsewhere.

That's the only angle I can see for them to twist their logic into some sort of racial argument, which is clearly important to them in defense of Fields.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
BD wrote:
Bernstein says that Luke Getsy should publicly acknowledge what a special talent he has right now in Fields and how fortunate he is to coach him.....

That’s absurd. It’s more likely Fields is a terrible student and coach killer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
BD wrote:
Bernstein says that Luke Getsy should publicly acknowledge what a special talent he has right now in Fields and how fortunate he is to coach him.....

That’s absurd. It’s more likely Fields is a terrible student and coach killer.

They played 4-5 minutes of a clip of Getsy talking positively of Fields development as a QB and that still wasn't good enough. Even Holmes admitted he agreed with most of it which is shocking. Bernstein wanted Getsy to get on his knees.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Another gem. Bernstein says that the earth is warming at a record pace and scientists are not yet sure if this is a blip or if things are getting worse at a pace that wasn't expected. He goes to wonder if people will be able to ice fish in the future.

Later in the show, they rip (more of a mention, but the implication is clear) that Tony La Russa had Fox News on in his office while managing the White Sox....

My point is ok, and these two watch MSNBC as their choice for news and probably think they are getting accurate information, but are so far gone to the left that they think Fox News is the only station tilted in a direction.

Meanwhile, whenever these two go down politics on their show, you can't get any further left...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:19 pm 

How many offensive coordinators call press conferences to be like "I just want to express how grateful I am to coach my quarterback"? Who does this? Do they do it for quarterbacks who don't lose 35+ yards on a fumble for a game-ending safety?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
How many offensive coordinators call press conferences to be like "I just want to express how grateful I am to coach my quarterback"? Who does this? Do they do it for quarterbacks who don't lose 35+ yards on a fumble for a game-ending safety?

I don't remember that play, but wasn't Hutchinson single blocked on that play? I may be confusing it with a different play, but I do recall that being a reason the play failed and Fields fumbled.

Bernstein though did say this on Friday's show. Pretty remarkable.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
BD wrote:
Another gem. Bernstein says that the earth is warming at a record pace and scientists are not yet sure if this is a blip or if things are getting worse at a pace that wasn't expected. He goes to wonder if people will be able to ice fish in the future.

Later in the show, they rip (more of a mention, but the implication is clear) that Tony La Russa had Fox News on in his office while managing the White Sox....

My point is ok, and these two watch MSNBC as their choice for news and probably think they are getting accurate information, but are so far gone to the left that they think Fox News is the only station tilted in a direction.

Meanwhile, whenever these two go down politics on their show, you can't get any further left...

There is an almost palpable fear of differing opinions amongst the hosts on WSCR, makes for what must be fascinating and compelling radio for the minute number of SJW's that listen to sports talk radio, but makes for rather dull content for everyone else.

One would think the number of SJW's listening to sports talk radio is tiny considering that the primary topics of discussion involve sports that contain a great deal of toxic masculinity, and it is on AM radio which often involves evil white males, Danny and Parko should resign in disgrace and hand their spots over to a member of an approved minority group if they want to get on the....."right side of history".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:19 pm 

Both are big proponents of the Getsy-is-to-blame-for-Fields’-failures school of thought.

Why do they need the stamp of approval from a guy they think is an idiot?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:26 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
One would think the number of SJW's listening to sports talk radio is tiny considering that the primary topics of discussion involve sports that contain a great deal of toxic masculinity, and it is on AM radio which often involves evil white males

Well, that's just it. They're not really doing a show for AM radio and haven't been for some time. They're creating stream-if-you-can, podcast-if-you-can't content that also happens to air locally on AM radio and carry the vestigial branding of an AM station. The problem is that they're not doing it better than the non-legacy outlets who have come in and changed the sports talk paradigm from one of stationality lore and caller interaction, the one the Score was built on, to "people tell you what's what," ironically what the Score set out to supplant. They're not doing different but they're not doing better. Such is life when you're owned by a radio company that desperately doesn't want to be in the radio business.

Anyway, I think there are plenty of Danny Parkins listeners out there, all having full-on nervous breakdowns when people slightly criticize Justin Fields, but they're not tuning their radio dials to 67, I don't think.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
BD wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I don't remember that play, but wasn't Hutchinson single blocked on that play? I may be confusing it with a different play, but I do recall that being a reason the play failed and Fields fumbled.

Bernstein though did say this on Friday's show. Pretty remarkable.

MANY said an issue on that play was Fields dropped back too far and the tackle thought he was blocking Hutchinson past Fields but instead it was right into him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
One would think the number of SJW's listening to sports talk radio is tiny considering that the primary topics of discussion involve sports that contain a great deal of toxic masculinity, and it is on AM radio which often involves evil white males

Well, that's just it. They're not really doing a show for AM radio and haven't been for some time. They're creating stream-if-you-can, podcast-if-you-can't content that also happens to air locally on AM radio and carry the vestigial branding of an AM station. The problem is that they're not doing it better than the non-legacy outlets who have come in and changed the sports talk paradigm from one of stationality lore and caller interaction, the one the Score was built on, to "people tell you what's what," ironically what the Score set out to supplant. They're not doing different but they're not doing better. Such is life when you're owned by a radio company that desperately doesn't want to be in the radio business.

Anyway, I think there are plenty of Danny Parkins listeners out there, all having full-on nervous breakdowns when people slightly criticize Justin Fields, but they're not tuning their radio dials to 67, I don't think.

Yes. That’s it. They are doing podcasts but still following the FCC rules. So for AM streamers they blow and for podcast consumers they are lame.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:33 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Yes. That’s it. They are doing podcasts but still following the FCC rules. So for AM streamers they blow and for podcast consumers they are lame.

Thanks for saying it better than I did. They're neither fish nor fowl, and it's not good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: What??
uhh...I'm going to need proof Bernstein said he had sources.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Thanks for saying it better than I did. They're neither fish nor fowl, and it's not good.

Several good posts assessing the issue, Pods allow one to access niched content and even fast forward through the filler content you get at the beginning of each podcast, WSCR hosts are not giving you any original content so it's basically just hours of the crud you fast forward through at the beginning of pods.

If you have on a Bears expert, why wouldn't I just go to that person's podcast and hear the unfiltered content directly from the originator rather than hearing it via the filters each host, and apparently station management requires to be applied to each and every topic?

The same thing often happens here when posters link to an article, one can find the article and then find the source, and then find articles pro and con on the subject, this is how one can learn from a content aggregator and is frankly why I like to come here as people will post Bears stuff here and one can go to the original content and read it for yourself.

The oddest thing about interacting with people living in silos like the WSCR hosts is that they do not work in an environment that requires constant application of critical thought and divergent opinions on an issue, it dulls their perspective and actually makes them less informed than anyone with a curious mind.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Please, please, please stop using the word “really”….LoHo and Grote. In most cases, your point remains the same without that word.

Really great show today!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
denisdman wrote:
Please, please, please stop using the word “really”….LoHo and Grote. In most cases, your point remains the same without that word.

Really great show today!

Really great po$t.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Holmes using The Hawk logic today regarding Fields: There is no perfect QB prospect available; therefore, Fields should be retained as starter.

LOL, Wut?

A quarterback need not be perfect to be better than Fields.

As far as I can tell, Penix, Maye and Williams would all be an immediate or eventual upgrade over Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:07 pm 

ESPN had a long feature this morning on the Fields situation. Link below for those interested but these three paragraphs below summarize where things are at outside the cult:

Quote:
Through Sunday's games, Fields ranks last in the NFL this season among 31 qualified quarterbacks in fourth-quarter completion percentage (51.8%), is 25th in yards per attempt (5.9), tied for 29th in fourth-quarter interceptions (6) and 30th in QBR (20.4), per ESPN Stats & Information research.

Since joining the league in 2021, Fields is last among 38 qualified quarterbacks in fourth-quarter interceptions (16), 36th in completion percentage (56.2%) and 33rd in QBR (41.4). Conversely, his touchdown-to-interception ratio of 4.3 in the first three quarters this season is the NFL's fourth best among 31 qualified quarterbacks.

When evaluators around the league watch Fields, they can't help but notice what holds him back -- mainly, a tendency to hold on to the ball too long from the pocket, failing to see routes develop. He's last in the league among 31 qualified quarterbacks in average time per pass (3.23 seconds) in 2023, and last among 38 qualified quarterbacks in that metric since entering the league (3.10 seconds). In 37 career starts, Fields has surpassed 225 passing yards six times. Eighteen NFL starters average at least 230 yards per game this season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/392 ... -nfl-draft

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 94  Next