It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I think Jim Finks would like a word about the greatest GM in Chicago Bears history

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:39 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I agree with Bernsie too. However, I think what Larry is saying is what we have to hold on to. Of all the people in the organization right now it appears as if Poles is doing the best job and is competent. So hopefully he can direct things in a way that is best.

I’ll have to find the clip, but Leery also said something along the lines of Poles has proven himself to be the most competent GM in Bears’ history.

His good moves probably outweigh his bad moves so far but the guy is 10-24 as a GM. Fellation should probably wait until he’s put together a >.500 roster. For all I know, he may be keeping Flus around for the same reason attractive women hang out with fatties.

Yeah that is crazy talk to say that he is the most competent in history.

Most competent in the last 10 years maybe. At least we can hope for that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Even Jerry Angelo built a team that won back-to-back divisions, something we haven't even been able to conceive of since.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nm, watched it back and it was spiegs saying Poles was the most competent in his lifetime. Still seems insane to me but that insanity was not LoHo’s.

Here’s the full tranny:

Gets most interesting toward the 18 min mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnHXCCPLD ... lvbg%3D%3D

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:57 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Even Jerry Angelo built a team that won back-to-back divisions, something we haven't even been able to conceive of since.

Angelo is clearly the best in my mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The adulation for Poles is nuts, and at best premature. He’s accomplished nothing and is fortunate the Panthers fell on their face to gift him another #1.

“Caller Mike” this morning (around 7:30) totally eviscerated Poles and Warren. It was a great call.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:03 am 

Angelo is why I said in the last 10 years. his time ended in what 2012? Finks and Angelo are at the top of the list. If Poles can be in the same sentence as them we will be doing really well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:04 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
The adulation for Poles is nuts, and at best premature. He’s accomplished nothing and is fortunate the Panthers fell on their face to gift him another #1.

“Caller Mike” this morning (around 7:30) totally eviscerated Poles and Warren. It was a great call.

I am not adulating him at all. Just hopeful that the appearance of being competent proves correct. But the jury is still a long ways off from deciding.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Poles' trade with the Panthers is one of the best hauls in history. He is 1-2 on his trades giving up second round picks. His first round draft pick from 2023 looks like a long term starter.

It is way too early, but so far so good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Spiegel and Parkins want to crown Fields as qb1 after he rushed for 150 yards and now one of them wants to crown Poles as best GM ever following two losing seasons and after donating a second round draft pick to the Steelers. How do these guys have jobs

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:10 am 

denisdman wrote:
Poles' trade with the Panthers is one of the best hauls in history. He is 1-2 on his trades giving up second round picks. His first round draft pick from 2023 looks like a long term starter.

It was a good trade but looks better because the Panthers didn’t take CJ Stroud.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:12 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Spiegel and Parkins want to crown Fields as qb1 after he rushed for 150 yards and now one of them wants to crown Poles as best GM ever following two losing seasons and after donating a second round draft pick to the Steelers. How do these guys have jobs

What have they said to proclaim him as the best GM? I must have missed this. Parkins has been very critical of this move of retaining Flus. That is a long way from crowning Poles as anything. Meatpants is more in the place of Larry and hopeful that Poles knows what he is doing. But I have not heard them say anything about Poles being the best GM

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:13 am 

denisdman wrote:

I’m with Caller Mike….I’d rather have CJ Stroud (plus whatever you’d get for Fields) than the “haul” Poles got.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:14 am 

RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

What have they said to proclaim him as the best GM? I must have missed this. Parkins has been very critical of this move of retaining Flus. That is a long way from crowning Poles as anything. Meatpants is more in the place of Larry and hopeful that Poles knows what he is doing. But I have not heard them say anything about Poles being the best GM

I'm basing that on what Antioch said above bc I don't want to do my own research of the source material.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:15 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I’m with Caller Mike….I’d rather have CJ Stroud (plus whatever you’d get for Fields) than the “haul” Poles got.

No doubt but again it's revisionism to say Poles should have taken Stroud. If there was a consensus no 1 it leaned more toward young than Stroud.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:18 am 

RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I am not adulating him at all. Just hopeful that the appearance of being competent proves correct. But the jury is still a long ways off from deciding.

Agreed…I’m giving him more time, but if he keeps Fields that time goes down to one year. No playoffs next year, he has to be fired.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:19 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No doubt but again it's revisionism to say Poles should have taken Stroud. If there was a consensus no 1 it leaned more toward young than Stroud.

Exactly. Poles grabs another OSU QB, and they run him out of town.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:20 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Agreed…I’m giving him more time, but if he keeps Fields that time goes down to one year. No playoffs next year, he has to be fired.

I think it's inexcusable to double town on a clearly below average QB with limited upside. So my leash for him is shorter than yours.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:23 am 

denisdman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Not following you there. If he flopped, yes. But he was 10-7 and led a team that was just as depleted as the Bears to the playoffs. It’s Poles’ job to find these QBs, not just take the #1 consensus pick that any of us dopes could do. Mahomes wasn’t a consensus #1.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

This is key. Holmes and Spiegel are in the correct position of, "it is what it is" while Bernstein is howling at the moon. I understand the emotion, but it's wasted energy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:42 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Not following you there. If he flopped, yes. But he was 10-7 and led a team that was just as depleted as the Bears to the playoffs. It’s Poles’ job to find these QBs, not just take the #1 consensus pick that any of us dopes could do. Mahomes wasn’t a consensus #1.

Agreed with this. Poles evaluation not determining the quality of Stroud is concerning and would be highlighted if we didn't have #1 this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Uh oh, Larry snapped at Dan just now. Said "last time I checked this was the Bernstein AND HOLMES SHOW" LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:17 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Uh oh, Larry snapped at Dan just now. Said "last time I checked this was the Bernstein AND HOLMES SHOW" LOL

Bernstein needs to hit him with a:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:21 pm 

Or pat him on the head and throw a:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I would like some member of the media to write an article comparing the guys the Bears actually drafted to the best guy that was available on Mel Kiper's board at the time they drafted, and see which group of players was better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:46 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No way to predict the what if's. But here are the things to consider.

Young was probably getting taken. He was consensus. But assume they took Stroud. No DJ Moore. No #1 draft pick right tackle. Fields is still the starter unless traded, so Stroud probably would sit. Getsy still coaching the offense.

This board would have howled that "name one good OSU QB".

It is doubtful Stroud, even if drafted by the Bears, goes 10-7 as a starter.

Now, assess the current situation you get Stroud or:
-DJ Moore
-Darnell Wright
-The haul from trading Fields, maybe a 2nd or more
-This year's number pick or the haul from trading out of that
-2nd round pick next year.

Stroud will have to have some career to exceed that haul. You have four or five quality NFL starters with a chance at a franchise QB in this years draft. Do you like what Poles did in that context?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:

Angelo is clearly the best in my mind.

Angelo drafted and built monster defensive units.
Angelo had zero clue on how to draft offensive talent and how to hire people that knew how to draft Offensive talent.
Angelo really wanted to hire Nick Saban as head coach, followed by Russ Grimm second. Lovie Smith was third. Lovie ended being a really good NFL Head Coach.
Angelo had the balls to address the media on a somewhat regular basis.

Mark Hatley wasn't a GM by title but was in practice. Similar to Angelo....Hatley drafted some really good players and made some mistakes. I'm ok with Ryan Poles so far, but he's got ways to go and a needs to win a few divisions before we start throwing bouquets at his feet.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:21 pm 

Angelo and Lovie built the best defense of the 2000s by building around Urlacher who they inherited. A close second to the best of those defenses is the Pace constructed defense of 2018.

Emery inherited Cutler and Forte then added Marshall, Bennett and Jeffery to the mix. That core is probably the city's best offensive core ever.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
blackhawksfan wrote:

Bernstein needs to hit him with a:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:51 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No way to predict the what if's. But here are the things to consider.

Young was probably getting taken. He was consensus. But assume they took Stroud. No DJ Moore. No #1 draft pick right tackle. Fields is still the starter unless traded, so Stroud probably would sit. Getsy still coaching the offense.

This board would have howled that "name one good OSU QB".

It is doubtful Stroud, even if drafted by the Bears, goes 10-7 as a starter.

Now, assess the current situation you get Stroud or:
-DJ Moore
-Darnell Wright
-The haul from trading Fields, maybe a 2nd or more
-This year's number pick or the haul from trading out of that
-2nd round pick next year.

Stroud will have to have some career to exceed that haul. You have four or five quality NFL starters with a chance at a franchise QB in this years draft. Do you like what Poles did in that context?

I’m not saying it was horrible, but a couple of notes:
1. He would have received something for trading down to take Stroud #2 instead of #1 (assuming he could pull it off with Houston). Per the Jimmy Johnson point system, that would be 400 points or a mid 2nd.
2. He might have surmised Carolina wouldn’t be good, but it’s really luck that they were the worst and produced another 1/1.
3. He already had Fields, so the difference is whether his value might have increased from last year. I’m not sure it has.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 94  Next