It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Exactly. Poles grabs another OSU QB, and they run him out of town.

Not following you there. If he flopped, yes. But he was 10-7 and led a team that was just as depleted as the Bears to the playoffs. It’s Poles’ job to find these QBs, not just take the #1 consensus pick that any of us dopes could do. Mahomes wasn’t a consensus #1.

No way to predict the what if's. But here are the things to consider.

Young was probably getting taken. He was consensus. But assume they took Stroud. No DJ Moore. No #1 draft pick right tackle. Fields is still the starter unless traded, so Stroud probably would sit. Getsy still coaching the offense.

This board would have howled that "name one good OSU QB".

It is doubtful Stroud, even if drafted by the Bears, goes 10-7 as a starter.

Now, assess the current situation you get Stroud or:
-DJ Moore
-Darnell Wright
-The haul from trading Fields, maybe a 2nd or more
-This year's number pick or the haul from trading out of that
-2nd round pick next year.

Stroud will have to have some career to exceed that haul. You have four or five quality NFL starters with a chance at a franchise QB in this years draft. Do you like what Poles did in that context?

I’m not saying it was horrible, but a couple of notes:
1. He would have received something for trading down to take Stroud #2 instead of #1 (assuming he could pull it off with Houston). Per the Jimmy Johnson point system, that would be 400 points or a mid 2nd.
2. He might have surmised Carolina wouldn’t be good, but it’s really luck that they were the worst and produced another 1/1.
3. He already had Fields, so the difference is whether his value might have increased from last year. I’m not sure it has.

I agree with JB's take. Also, I believe fields would have had more value after last season since there were high expectations (MVP?) going into '23 and his contract was not yet a major concern. Ultimately the trump card is they would have a #1 QB in Stroud. That is better than any combination listed - unless - the QB they take @ #1 turns out to be better. Based on history, I'd take the bird in the hand.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
There's no more MVP predictions but there are worshippers in the streets now.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Does anybody read Kevin Fishbain?

I know his name but have never heard or read him until today. He’s on Bernstein’s show and sounds like a total idiot.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

I know his name but have never heard or read him until today. He’s on Bernstein’s show and sounds like a total idiot.

More like Kevin Fishbrain, amirite?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

More like Kevin Fishbrain, amirite?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Dan going "Scottie. Phil, to some extent" but not adding "Robert Chief" ;(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The only thing worse than Dan and LoHo is Dan and Leila. Suddenly Dan is a huge Taylor Swift fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:00 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
The only thing worse than Dan and LoHo is Dan and Leila. Suddenly Dan is a huge Taylor Swift fan.

1) although we know Senor himself listens to "nothing but hardcore gangsta rap," I'm willing to bet his wife and daughter are Swifties

2) It's not about whether he's a fan but about the fact that disliking Taylor Swift is Republican-coded and thus being in opposition to that is Democrat-coded. You'll notice he retweeted a bunch of media people who were coming to Taylor Swift's rescue--rescue from, well, a long-retired coach on the third or fourth-most popular football pregame show.

Also, I listened to Dan talk about the Krause disaster for a long time and never heard him say "Reinsdorf" once.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:06 pm 

i thought it was a celebrity stunt but if she really is boning that kelce dude then i think its great shes been going to the games.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:08 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

I still maintain that Larry and Leila is the worst.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:11 pm 

Any two of the three can pair up to deliver horrible radio. They're the Fabulous Freebirds of shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:14 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Any two of the three can pair up to deliver horrible radio. They're the Fabulous Freebirds of shit.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:22 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

1) although we know Senor himself listens to "nothing but hardcore gangsta rap," I'm willing to bet his wife and daughter are Swifties

2) It's not about whether he's a fan but about the fact that disliking Taylor Swift is Republican-coded and thus being in opposition to that is Democrat-coded. You'll notice he retweeted a bunch of media people who were coming to Taylor Swift's rescue--rescue from, well, a long-retired coach on the third or fourth-most popular football pregame show.

Also, I listened to Dan talk about the Krause disaster for a long time and never heard him say "Reinsdorf" once.

I'd bet his daughter is

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:12 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Does Bernstein have post-concussion syndrome from his butler dropping a tray of hors d'oeuvres on his head? Quite a slip-up breaking the unwritten rule of bad mouthing a fellow Score teammate Dave Wannstedt saying "He never won anything". And he's technically wrong. Wannstedt's been involved in a lot of winning teams. Also, his buddy Norv Turner who Jimmy Johnson hired on his recommendation had highly successful offenses in Dallas.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Didn't Bernstein mention that his daughter and wife flew somewhere to see a Taylor Swift concert? I think they saw Swift in Arizona to celebrate his daughter's 21st birthday.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: I originally read this as they were the fabulous Thunderbirds of shit, but it still works

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: I originally read this as they were the fabulous Thunderbirds of shit, but it still works

We'll also accept the Chicago Bears of Shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Harbaugh talk is really boring. First of all there's a job security thing here as a guy at Harbaugh's level isn't just gonna come in here with a lunch pail and stick to coaching. He's gonna want influence over personnel and a whole bunch of other stuff. Does Poles want to share? Poles is a nobody and will probably feel insecure supervising a guy who's levels above him. It's not in Poles short term job security interests to bring a big name coach in. Sticking with the guy who's content to shut up and coach is the easier path.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Curious Hair wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Yep, these guys do not have an original thought or take, it's all about proving your loyalty to your fellow SJW's by dutifully reposting stuff in support of the approved take of the day, a sad end for what was once one an entertaining sandbox.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I agree with Bernsie too. However, I think what Larry is saying is what we have to hold on to. Of all the people in the organization right now it appears as if Poles is doing the best job and is competent. So hopefully he can direct things in a way that is best.

I’ll have to find the clip, but Leery also said something along the lines of Poles has proven himself to be the most competent GM in Bears’ history.

His good moves probably outweigh his bad moves so far but the guy is 10-24 as a GM. Fellation should probably wait until he’s put together a >.500 roster. For all I know, he may be keeping Flus around for the same reason attractive women hang out with fatties.

Yeah that is crazy talk to say that he is the most competent in history.

Most competent in the last 10 years maybe. At least we can hope for that.

It wasn't long ago that Holmes was stating that he understood what Ryan Poles did last season in tearing down the roster, but then questioned his ability to judge talent by signing guys like Bryan Pringle. Clearly, he doesn't understand that he wasn't trying to compete or spend meaningful money on last year's roster and was resetting it, thus stupid to go after Poles on making moves that were meant to essentially field a roster in his first season there and get the team's salary cap back in order. On this show, they think there's an issue if Poles doesn't hit on 3rd round picks (like Velus Jones) while not understanding that most 3rd rounds fail. The same Holmes compared Bryce Young to a top 5 or 10 all-time QB in Drew Brees, but then wouldn't draft him.

Just not sure Holmes having a microphone makes him anything other than a pundit out over his skies.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

The reference to which Dan and Laurence treat her is very amusing. She has a lot of bad football thoughts and doesn't know that's often misinformed, but she has become very arrogant/condescending in her opinions (just like these two) and extremely sensitive to social media criticizing her, but these two think she's some sort of savant on all topics.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
BD wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

The reference to which Dan and Laurence treat her is very amusing. She has a lot of bad football thoughts and doesn't know that's often misinformed, but she has become very arrogant/condescending in her opinions (just like these two) and extremely sensitive to social media criticizing her, but these two think she's some sort of savant on all topics.

reverence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
BD wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

That’s why you listen.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

On January 17th, Lawrence says he's still not a Ryan Poles fan. He gives him credit for the trade of the #1 pick last year, but is not a big fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Bagels wrote:
BD wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

reverence

Or deference.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:11 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You run stuff enough?
Tons of stuff enough

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

This past week, Dan's son asked him if Gary Kubiak's kid was interviewing for the Bears OC job. Dan said he was, but that he always is skeptical of those candidates because they come from privilege and are often handed opportunities that others wouldn't even if they did put in the work.

Dan then went on to advertise his Bulls podcast with his son

Lawrence Holmes did not comment on the obvious point to be made here

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
BD wrote:
This past week, Dan's son asked him if Gary Kubiak's kid was interviewing for the Bears OC job. Dan said he was, but that he always is skeptical of those candidates because they come from privilege and are often handed opportunities that others wouldn't even if they did put in the work.

:lol: Yep Bernsie is so ….

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
BD wrote:

He had the audacy to say that? :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: The Forum
denisdman wrote:
He had the audacy to say that? :wink:

Well done :thumright:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 94  Next