It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Their analysis of Bellinger is absurdly terrible.

Bernstein said if Bad Bellinger (.167 average) shows up, the new contract would be a disaster (no shit). Then LoHo says it might be ok if he keeps his elite defense (I was waiting for the Heyward comp). Bernstein responds that Bellinger is actually a negative WAR defender. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
When i went out at lunch , Larry's bit for a good 10-15 minutes (at least, had to go back to work) was that OMG NFL DRAFT ANALYSTS AREN'T ALWAYS CORRECT. Dan exhaustedly "and they face no repurcussions?!?!?! "
Larry admitted he got it from some NFL teams Twitter , but had a round up of all the experts in the 2017 draft and would you believe, none of them had Mahomes #1. crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Bagels wrote:
When i went out at lunch , Larry's bit for a good 10-15 minutes (at least, had to go back to work) was that OMG NFL DRAFT ANALYSTS AREN'T ALWAYS CORRECT. Dan exhaustedly "and they face no repurcussions?!?!?! "
Larry admitted he got it from some NFL teams Twitter , but had a round up of all the experts in the 2017 draft and would you believe, none of them had Mahomes #1. crazy.

Seems like a decent question of why not one had him. Not one?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
More inexplicable anti Williams stances as part of their pro Fields propaganda. If Williams hits then this show shouldn't be allowed to celebrate.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:33 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Bagels wrote:

No. i think most had him at 3 or 4, one person had him at 6. This was an aggregate of all the "big time " players like McShay, Kiper, etc. etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Bagels wrote:

No. i think most had him at 3 or 4, one person had him at 6. This was an aggregate of all the "big time " players like McShay, Kiper, etc. etc.

Is the argument that the Bears shouldn't take Caleb Williams at #1 because draft analysts don't (or often) rank the college players correctly? If so, that's interesting coming from the guy who compared Bryce Young to Drew Brees, but then said he wouldn't draft him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:52 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I argue that the lower the barrier to entry to a sport is then the harder it is to identify surefire talent. Not too sure about baseball but in basketball in general there's no such thing as a wes welker who goes undrafted then did what he did. Or Kurt Warner. Or Brady. Or Purdy even. There are linemen who come out of nowhere then turn out to be really good. That's because anyone maybe 5'7 and above can be molded into a serviceable if not good football player, that's what I mean by lower barrier to entry. So when potentially anyone can be decent it becomes hard to pinpoint the surefire player. Basketball is more exclusive because if a prospect is not at least 6'4 he's already being removed from "he could be the best player in the NBA" consideration. I'm not sure if there's a similar conversation in football based on traits alone.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
veganfan21 wrote:
More inexplicable anti Williams stances as part of their pro Fields propaganda. If Williams hits then this show shouldn't be allowed to celebrate.

They will.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:34 pm 

BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Is the argument that the Bears shouldn't take Caleb Williams at #1 because draft analysts don't (or often) rank the college players correctly? If so, that's interesting coming from the guy who compared Bryce Young to Drew Brees, but then said he wouldn't draft him.

It was him pushing back at the semi straw man that he’s a “generational talent “
I realize some have said that
It just seemed like a really dumb segment, like it’s breaking news that draft analysts in any sport get things wrong . Wait until he gets to GM’s !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Bagels wrote:

It's time for draft analysts to be Held Accountable. Words matter. Actions have consequences.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
Bagels wrote:

It's time for draft analysts to be Held Accountable. Words matter. Actions have consequences.

And the only time radio hosts are held accountable is when they say, “BOOBS”.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
According to the draft "experts" aggregate rankings DeShon Kizer was the #1 QB. Well that's what Larry said and then he kept reading and Kizer was actually tied with Mitch. Still bad though. Dan was particularly mad when Larry said Mayock had Mahomes 6th, behind Nathan Peterman.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Why does Larry think it’s important to point out what the media guys have gotten wrong through the years?

All we have to do is look at what the actual GMs have gotten wrong through the years to know nobody has this figured out.

And we know the actual GMs have gotten a shit load of picks wrong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Bagels wrote:

It was him pushing back at the semi straw man that he’s a “generational talent “
I realize some have said that
It just seemed like a really dumb segment, like it’s breaking news that draft analysts in any sport get things wrong . Wait until he gets to GM’s !

Strange segment. Just listened. Does anyone think that these draft experts are right normally?

Bernstein wants consequences to bad rankings...the "draft industrial complex".

Holmes using this to further his Fields infatuation and to cast doubt on anything that is pro Caleb.
Holmes is not biased at all.

This show is accusing others of being in tribes on Williams vs. Fields. This show may be the most one-sided I have seen in their defense of Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

[quote="Beardown"]Why does Larry think it’s important to point out what the media guys have gotten wrong through the years?

All we have to do is look at what the actual GMs have gotten wrong through the years to know nobody has this figured out.

And we know the actual GMs have gotten a shit load of picks wrong[/qu
Holmes is still calling out Poles for getting a 3rd round pick round. I think he seriously expects a GM to hit on all of their higher picks. Leila also does that.

Good points though. Just don't think they are making the point they think they are in pointing out that the draft isn't easy to predict.

That still doesn't address why the Bears wouldn't take Caleb.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:55 pm 

This is all just Holmes thinking he's making intelligent points when in reality he's engaging in a really bad case of hindsight bias. I think Dan knows this but he's more concerned with advancing the show's Fields agenda.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
During Beenstein’s diatribe on sports media wrongthink, did he mention he was an initial booster of Marc Trestman?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
During Beenstein’s diatribe on sports media wrongthink, did he mention he was an initial booster of Marc Trestman?

Also in on Marc Trestman getting his booster.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:52 pm 

I am sure he doesn’t recall. His disk drive overwrites the past as he moves on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:56 pm 

Unrelated note: I once saw Trestman while waiting for a table at Yard House in Glenview.

Anybody who saw that guy and didn’t immediate wonder if he was allowed within 500 feet of a school shouldn’t be making hiring decisions (*special dispensation for Keyshawn Johnson, of course).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's

What did he and dumbass Terry call him over and over, "Real. Damn. Coach." or some other nonsense? Or was that Fox?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:48 pm 

Like Jack, Beenstein, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

What did he and dumbass Terry call him over and over, "Real. Damn. Coach." or some other nonsense? Or was that Fox?

They couldn't have. Trestman was a weirdo from day one when he was talking about staring into Jay Cutler's eyes in a Raleigh motel room. Must have been Fox.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:14 pm 

Definitely Fox and definitely Bernsie compensating for his love of fellow intellectual Trestman.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Turned on podcast to get thoughts of NFC and AFC championships game.....got Dan just being all political with far right newsmax and the covid vaccine and ripping rural people.

I get newmax is junk, covid vaccine(I did the vax and a booster), but rural people because they are poor just seems extreme and I am surprised Mitch has obviously not said anything about this through the years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:58 am 

cookie23 wrote:
Turned on podcast to get thoughts of NFC and AFC championships game.....got Dan just being all political with far right newsmax and the covid vaccine and ripping rural people.

I get newmax is junk, covid vaccine(I did the vax and a booster), but rural people because they are poor just seems extreme and I am surprised Mitch has obviously not said anything about this through the years.

Mitch say something? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:29 am 

You cannot win a world series with Juan Uribe as a starting shortstop/Avery Johnson at point guard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:20 am 

cookie23 wrote:

He thanks you for not listening.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

He thanks you for not listening.

Thankfully, most people do not get their medical advice from Dan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yesterday, Dan wanted terrorism charges against a statue being defaced. Lawrence agreed.

At least a hate crime is needed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 94  Next