It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: John's
You've really fallen off the Mediocre White Maye bandwagon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
You've really fallen off the Mediocre White Maye bandwagon

I still love my whites.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
I'm not sure Marvin Harrison Jr will be better than a Justin Jefferson or his dad. If we're not talking about Harrison Jr being a top 5 receiver of all time, I wouldn't consider trading the #1 pick for any likely trade offer. It's 100% Caleb Williams for me.

For me it's all about the engineer of the offense. Surround Zach Wilson with Jefferson, Lamb, Kelce and Breece Hall (he already has Hall) and the Jets still suck. But give a good QB some spare) serviceable parts and you get the Houston Texans. I want the Texans route, give me the QB. Idk if it's Williams but I hope it is. I know it's def not Fields tho.

I think Fields is the most physically gifted quarterback the Bears have had in my lifetime. I don't think he will ever make some great leap. IF he made the leap that MANY thought he would or expect him to, I don't think he would approach what I expect Caleb to be. I wouldn't keep him for any reason. You may be able to land a player like Adonai Mitchell with that pick. A kid who I think will be a really good NFL player.

I think I may have started a thread about the idea of a leap a few months ago. Pretty sure there's no precedent of a guy struggling with his first franchise who then goes to a second franchise and becomes an MVP candidate. Guys may have mentioned Young and maybe a couple more people from 30+ years ago but I don't remember. I mean if you're MVP level that tends to get noticed at some point during your first stop. I can't imagine a guy who over 40 starts refused to throw the ball like Fields all of a sudden starts dropping on time dimes at his next stop to such an extent where he garners MVP consideration.

In Alex Smith's 1st 3 years in the league he threw 19 TDs and 31 Ints. Warren Moon's 1sr 3 seasons he threw for 40 Tds and 59 ints. Steve Young 21 TDs. 21 Ints. Dan Fouts 16 TDs and 36 ints in his first 3 years
Fields has thrown 40 TDs and 30ints in his 1st 3 seasons. If you factor in Rushing TDs the number generated by Fields jumps to 54 in 3 seasons

Smith is a probably a legit comp but going back to Fouts is not useful as the rules for defense have changed significantly. Stats for QBs like Fouts and Bradshaw look positively atrocious compared to the modern game.

Kirk Cousins 18 Tds 19 Ints first 3 seasons.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Williams height might be a concern. USC lists Caleb Williams at 6'1" but they pretty much won't list a QB in college under around that height. Bama consistently slapped a '6'X" height on Bryce Young--who then measured a smidge over 5'10" at the combine.

Mahomes thought he'd come in at 6'2" and change at the combine. I think he listed from 6'3" to 6'4" even in college--but that was with hair, as Mahomes admits. Combine Mahomes measured a flat 6'2"

Williams mom seems sweet. Paints her son's nails all purdy and lets Caleb cry on her shoulder after a loss.

Some baseball catchers paint a few nails on their signaling hand to help out the pitcher. Don't think I've seen the QB nail-painter before.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:46 am 
100000 CLUB

I saw him standing next to CJ Stroud at the Heisman ceremony; he's not 5 feet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:22 pm 

assuming that's "not 6 feet"...tracks that 6'1" in college Williams < 6 feet going by history of Bryce Young being listed almost 2 inches taller and Mahomes being listed 6'3"+; assume all these college heights are an inch-and-a-half to 2 inches extra. They might also be measuring in shoes in college, dunno. Doesn't really matter as long as everyone measures using the same base.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
give me a nail painting qb over a sack taking qb all day every day

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
assuming that's "not 6 feet"...tracks that 6'1" in college Williams < 6 feet going by history of Bryce Young being listed almost 2 inches taller and Mahomes being listed 6'3"+; assume all these college heights are an inch-and-a-half to 2 inches extra. They might also be measuring in shoes in college, dunno. Doesn't really matter as long as everyone measures using the same base.

No, I was saying he's not 5 feet. If Stroud is 6'3 then C-Will is 6'1"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
We’ll have a lot more answers around the combine. I think around then teams will be able to work out trades and so on, it would be advantageous for the Bears to move Fields around then to maximize his value before free agency starts. Or, they could roll the dice and hold onto him and see where the dominos fall QB wise and hope a team gets desperate after being left without a big signing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:51 pm 

I actually think Fields is a good person but I can't stand the cult. I want him traded just to shut the cult up as much as I want him traded because it helps the Bears. Hopefully the cult follows him to his new team and dumbs down the discourse there just like they've done in this city.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
We’ll have a lot more answers around the combine. I think around then teams will be able to work out trades and so on, it would be advantageous for the Bears to move Fields around then to maximize his value before free agency starts. Or, they could roll the dice and hold onto him and see where the dominos fall QB wise and hope a team gets desperate after being left without a big signing.

I would think Poles would want to know what draft capital he's working with before the draft starts.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

I would think Poles would want to know what draft capital he's working with before the draft starts.

That too. But I do think a lot of this is based off value too (or should be). So timing is key.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:39 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:

At the Heisman ceremony? Were they both in bare feet or, more likely, C-Will rocking a pair of open-toed 6 inch stilettos to show-off the flash pedi momma-will gave him for the occasion.

or just chonk-heeled boots with an extra slice of Dr Scholl's inside.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:

At the Heisman ceremony? Were they both in bare feet or, more likely, C-Will rocking a pair of open-toed 6 inch stilettos to show-off the flash pedi momma-will gave him for the occasion.

or just chonk-heeled boots with an extra slice of Dr Scholl's inside.

Whatever gets you off, Hussra. No judgment from me. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:58 pm 

walked into that one

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:
give me a nail painting qb over a sack taking qb all day every day

That is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRECIOUS of you, sweetie :roll: :roll:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:
I actually think Fields is a good person but I can't stand the cult. I want him traded just to shut the cult up as much as I want him traded because it helps the Bears. Hopefully the cult follows him to his new team and dumbs down the discourse there just like they've done in this city.

You are the real CULTIST on display. Hopefully you will follow your nail painting, munchkin sized, cry baby, momma's boy,to his new LAS VEGAS abode next fqll so you can paint your digits and braid your hair like the Raiders fandom. :alien: :alien:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:06 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
I would encourage you to watch the interviews I posted. One was with less than 6 weeks remaining in the season. I believe it was before the UCLA game. Anyone who would suggest he's anything like Cutler is preying on the reader's or viewer's ignorance. Anyone who would suggest that he's mentally fragile is doing the same. They got me too.

I would also recommend watching the YouTube "Every Throw" videos of his losses over the past 2 seasons if you believe he's a bed wetter or bum slayer.

If you still don't like him as a person or a player after consuming those things, I'm cool with it.

Just tell me he's a killer. He doesn't seem like one cuz I saw some head hanging and some quit.

When?

Major meltdown during the Notre Dame game.

Nas covered my planned response, but he played terribly in the ND game. It was a bad game.

Doesn’t wash away the rest of his college career.

I'm not washing away anything.

It's how he handled the pressure of the ND game, and how he responded after the Washington game that bothers me.

ND was a bad game. I thought his first half was awful (and as an ND fan, was happy for it) but he stayed in and played the full game. Had some good plays later in the game. I don’t know why that’s received as more than a bad game.

Washington was a game he played his balls off. He did everything possible to win that game and came up short. Getting emotional for failing with your best effort isn’t a negative for me.

I will be surprised if Ryan Poles hitches his future to Caleb Williams.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Based on what?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:20 am 

I guess the question truly becomes just what is Washington now willing to give up for #1.

#2, #35,#40 this year.
First round pick next year.
First round pick the year after.

I think you have to strongly consider it and then you still get either Maye or Harrison.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:26 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
I guess the question truly becomes just what is Washington now willing to give up for #1.

#2, #35,#40 this year.

I think you have to strongly consider it and then you still get either Maye or Harrison.

I need a d-lineman thrown in too. This wouldn't be a negotiation. Either you meet my demands or I hang up and draft C-Will.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:27 am 

Brick wrote:

#2, #35,#40 this year.

It all comes down to how they evaluate Williams. If he is the far and away #1 and a generational talent then you stay put and take him no matter what the offer is.

But if you have any doubts about him and are having a real debate about what to do with the pick then you take this deal and run with it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:29 am 

It's also kind of funny there is a scenario where Caleb Williams really wants to not get drafted by the Bears and Drake Maye would be desperate to be drafted by the Bears.

You have to imagine Maye is dreading the chance that he falls to #3 and New England. It's a worse situation than the Bears and the fans are used to winning Super Bowls every few years.

Have. To. Replace. Fields.

2013 CSFMB ROY

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
If Fields is so great and Williams so iffy , why woudnt Washington just trade the pick to the Bears for Fields straight up instead of giving up all that capital to move up one spot to draft the future bust Williams?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:40 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
It's also kind of funny there is a scenario where Caleb Williams really wants to not get drafted by the Bears and Drake Maye would be desperate to be drafted by the Bears.

You have to imagine Maye is dreading the chance that he falls to #3 and New England. It's a worse situation than the Bears and the fans are used to winning Super Bowls every few years.

The ghost of Brady and that roster is brutal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:

where does William think he’s going to go that ls going to be a better situation than the Bears right now? New offensive coordinator who has had success developing and running a good offense , the ninth overall pick in the draft which would get them another offensive weapon or a good lineman. A top 10 defense. Who else has a better situation for him to walk into than that?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:07 am 

The weather sucks and a flyover state

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:08 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

where does William think he’s going to go that ls going to be a better situation than the Bears right now? New offensive coordinator who has had success developing and running a good offense , the ninth overall pick in the draft which would get them another offensive weapon or a good lineman. A top 10 defense. Who else has a better situation for him to walk into than that?

There isn't one. Being great in Chicago would be better for his brand. What I've gathered from HIS OWN WORDS is he loves a challenge. He's not LeBron.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 75  Next