It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:
It's also kind of funny there is a scenario where Caleb Williams really wants to not get drafted by the Bears and Drake Maye would be desperate to be drafted by the Bears.

You have to imagine Maye is dreading the chance that he falls to #3 and New England. It's a worse situation than the Bears and the fans are used to winning Super Bowls every few years.

where does William think he’s going to go that ls going to be a better situation than the Bears right now? New offensive coordinator who has had success developing and running a good offense , the ninth overall pick in the draft which would get them another offensive weapon or a good lineman. A top 10 defense. Who else has a better situation for him to walk into than that?

There isn't one. Being great in Chicago would be better for his brand. What I've gathered from HIS OWN WORDS is he loves a challenge. He's not LeBron.

As opposed to him saying " I hate a challenge".

I'm happy for him he has his cliches and talking points down to a science. But alas, it doesn't mean squat.

Nope it doesn't. The mere fact that he waited til the very last minute to declare for the draft is enough to suggest that he doesn't want to play for the Bears.

Why? While he was on the sideline supporting his team, he sat out the bowl game. That was a clear sign he was going to the NFL. I posted an interview of him stating he wanted to continue fighting with his teammates when it was clear they wouldn't have a playoff shot. Also, before the last couple of weeks of the season, Washington was picking about 5th or 7th in the draft.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

If the Bears offered the Chiefs their next 3 first round picks for Mahomes, I'm confident the Chiefs would say no. That's how the Bears have to approach this when entertaining offers. If Washington isn't willing to gut their team of draft picks and players, you hang up the phone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
If the Bears offered the Chiefs their next 3 first round picks for Mahomes, I'm confident the Chiefs would say no. That's how the Bears have to approach this when entertaining offers. If Washington isn't willing to gut their team of draft picks and players, you hang up the phone.

I love this version of you.

Welcome to the right side of herstory.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nas wrote:
Why? While he was on the sideline supporting his team, he sat out the bowl game. That was a clear sign he was going to the NFL.
NFL yes. Bears no. He could've declared immediately after the game. Instead he allowed it to fester until the last possible second before he declared.

Nas wrote:
I posted an interview of him stating he wanted to continue fighting with his teammates when it was clear they wouldn't have a playoff shot.
If he were truly "fighting" then he would have played in the bowl game. I think there is legitimate smoke about him not wanting to play for the Bears. I also think that it is "all about him" too when it comes to playing the game. We'll see of course but this dude seems like he will be more trouble than he's worth. Already reports about him instructing the Bears to get him some help at the WR position. What happened to the Bears receiving corps being "just fine"? Apparently the next Mahomes hardly thinks so.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:

I love this version of you.

Welcome to the right side of herstory.

I saw the light.

The whole multiple draft picks thing is bullshit anyway. There are no guarantees that your trade partner will draft in the top 5 or 10 going forward. More importantly, there are no guarantees that Poles or any GM will hit a home run on the future picks. Take C-Will and locate the photo you want the HoF to use for your bust in 15 years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:10 pm 

Nas wrote:

My youtube matrix has been pulling up clips from a radio show in DC hosted by a guy named hoffman. They were talking about what they would trade for Caleb, just for some oppo research. I think they had one of their two excellent DT and IIRC two 1s and two 2s. That seemed a little light but a 2 today is better than a 1 in three years.

I wouldn't even begin the conversation if they called. I'd let them make their offer, tell them it wasn't sufficient and let them start negotiating against themselves (which they aren't doing because if you open up that pick you would have half a dozen teams interested).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
. He could've declared immediately after the game. Instead he allowed it to fester until the last possible second before he declared.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fields declared on the last day too. Proof he didn't want to play for the Bears! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks for weeks aren't you. Hint: none of it is sticking, you're bankrupt bro. Not only is your dog not hunting, it's a rotting carcass on the side of some backwoods road.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ohio-state-qb- ... -nfl-draft

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:17 pm 

The Williams Family Brand is one of the most calculating groups to come out of college in a while. They aren't angering the third biggest market just for sentimentality. He wants to be nationally beloved.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Why? While he was on the sideline supporting his team, he sat out the bowl game. That was a clear sign he was going to the NFL.
NFL yes. Bears no. He could've declared immediately after the game. Instead he allowed it to fester until the last possible second before he declared.

Nas wrote:
I posted an interview of him stating he wanted to continue fighting with his teammates when it was clear they wouldn't have a playoff shot.
If he were truly "fighting" then he would have played in the bowl game. I think there is legitimate smoke about him not wanting to play for the Bears. I also think that it is "all about him" too when it comes to playing the game. We'll see of course but this dude seems like he will be more trouble than he's worth. Already reports about him instructing the Bears to get him some help at the WR position. What happened to the Bears receiving corps being "just fine"? Apparently the next Mahomes hardly thinks so.

MHJ declared hours before C-Will. There are zero reports about him not wanting to play for the Cardinals or anyone questioning his motives.

While I disagree with your desire to keep Fields, I will not debate your personal preference. I respect it. Your decision to ignore C-Will's Heisman speech, his almost weekly podcast that featured his teammates, the countless press conferences, the Jordan Palmer podcast that I posted, and every other time he's spoken or his teammates have spoken about him tells me that you're choosing to be ignorant about who he is as a person. I have zero respect for that or desire to discuss his character with you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
The Williams Family Brand is one of the most calculating groups to come out of college in a while. They aren't angering the third biggest market just for sentimentality. He wants to be nationally beloved.

He and his father are prepared. The kid committed to a college that had a Heisman candidate because they had done their homework. They also punted on the best private high school in order to attend the one that was the best fit. All he did was win championships with the lesser school.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:42 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Fields declared on the last day too. Proof he didn't want to play for the Bears!
Hey Spaceball, Justin Fields wasn't the "unanimous" No. 1 pick and was likely assessing his draft status. What's Caleb's excuse? He definitely didn't know that the Bears would be drafting him either. Thus your point is moot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:52 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
The Williams Family Brand is one of the most calculating groups to come out of college in a while.

Indeed!
Quote:
I'm Not a Businessman; I'm a Business, Man! — Caleb Williams (@CALEBcsw) July 3, 2021.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Guys declare late all the time. Stroud did the same thing last year as a potential 1/1.

I think it lends a bit toward the diva part of his personality & wanting the spotlight. That doesn’t necessarily bother me.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:22 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Fields declared on the last day too. Proof he didn't want to play for the Bears!
Hey Spaceball, Justin Fields wasn't the "unanimous" No. 1 pick and was likely assessing his draft status. What's Caleb's excuse? He definitely didn't know that the Bears would be drafting him either. Thus your point is moot.

Riiiiiiiight, he probably bit his nails in nervousness wondering if he'd be picked at all. Riiiiiiiight. :lol: you've got to learn how to take your Ls gracefully. You knowingly threw some pro Fields propaganda talking points out there and got called out on your BS. Guys declare at the deadline all the time and it means nothing. But Fields cultists got nothing so they have to make stuff up. Dog don't hunt. L for LTG

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
LTG, for better or worse they are taking Caleb Williams. So shut the fuck up and quit crying and wasting keystrokes about it. Do something productive with your life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:36 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
LTG, for better or worse they are taking Caleb Williams. So shut the fuck up and quit crying and wasting keystrokes about it. Do something productive with your life.

You are one miserable asswipe. Damn it's got to be fucked up to be you CB. And if you think that it's already been decided then you really are as dumb as MANY here believe you to be.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:

What makes you so certain? This is lining up for a massive haul from Washington. I hope they trade with the skins.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:24 pm 

I don’t even know what it means to be from dc. Tha isnt the type of place where families have lived in neighborhoods for generations. If you are from dc it just means your parents were born somewhere else and moved there for government work from which they retire at 55 and leave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:25 pm 

312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

What makes you so certain?.
Because "Spaceball", AKA Vegan told him so. If Poles guesses wrong on this he's cooked and the franchise will be set back for another 5-7 years. It's nowhere near the slamdunk that SOME believe it to be.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

What makes you so certain? This is lining up for a massive haul from Washington. I hope they trade with the skins.

What's considered a massive haul? Do you have C-Will, Maye, and Fields close to each other when projecting future play? Would you trade Mahomes for draft picks?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I don’t even know what it means to be from dc. Tha isnt the type of place where families have lived in neighborhoods for generations. If you are from dc it just means your parents were born somewhere else and moved there for government work from which they retire at 55 and leave

They lived near the fucking White House, so I imagine they could have lived just about anywhere in the country. I think it’s more about him being a fan of the Redskins and even celebrating when Snyder sold the team. Considering Moore doesn't watch football or workout in the offseason, it'll be nice to have a great offensive player who loves football and working out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:36 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

What's considered a massive haul? Do you have C-Will, Maye, and Fields close to each other when projecting future play? Would you trade Mahomes for draft picks?

I think we'll go another 20 years before we see another Mahomes.. like Brady. Dozens of teams will draft bustouts while imagination sets their franchise back 5 years each time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:36 pm 

I just don’t think moving from 1 to 2 is going to bring back as much as we think

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:38 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I just don’t think moving from 1 to 2 is going to bring back as much as we think

Think trubustky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Think trubustky

That's peanuts. I believe the 49ers got a 3rd and a 5th. The 49ers also drafted a bum with the 3rd pick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Observation and deduction, chief

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Think trubustky

That's peanuts. I believe the 49ers got a 3rd and a 5th. The 49ers also drafted a bum with the 3rd pick.

2nd, 4th and 3rd round next year.. that'd be nice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Think trubustky

2nd, 4th and 3rd round next year.. that'd be nice.

Why would that be nice? Do you think C-Will and Maye are the same player?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:00 pm 

2024: Let's trade down and run it back with Fields next year. We get two no 1s.

2025: Bears finish 6-11 and have their own 7th plus the 12 and 18, otherwise known as the "haul". They decide to trade down again and get a new haul for the 7th. Bears run it back with Fields and finish 4-13.

2026: Bears have the 3rd pick plus the 22nd as a result of last year's haul. They trade down again for a new ha...

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:21 pm 

If there is one thing I KNOW, it's that if the Bears draft CW, the overwhelming number of people that are currently clamoring for him are going to want him bounced by this time next year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 75  Next