It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
BD wrote:
- We want this, we deserve this.
- New Zealand and Australia know what needs to be done.
- Gun fetishes
- States with large populations should decide the laws
- Missouri has no restrictions or common sense laws, 4th in gun violence

I really don't know why this show (or this station) think their bad political takes are top of mind.

Sounds like another informative day on WSCR. Maybe it should be required listening for CPS students.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
BD wrote:
I really don't know why this show (or this station) think their bad political takes are top of mind.

Because people like you listen to it.

I do listen to the podcast. It's more a curiosity as to how bad their takes are all while they think they are saying important things that need to be said.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

The entire station seems to have united against using tax payer money to pay for a new White Sox stadium. For some, it's racist for the White Sox to move from 35th and Shields, but for all, it's not responsible for the city to be on the hook for financing $1B.

I am amazed that we have finally found something that the hosts don't want the city/state to spend money on. They will spend money on anything, just not on a stadium!

Congrats on finally sounding sensible although they probably would be fine with using that $1B on other causes, just not the White Sox.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The math isn't hard. Either the city borrows $1B or the White Sox borrow $1B? If the end results will be so lucrative, as Uncle Jerry claims, he should just borrow it himself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Grote (subbing for Bernstein and LoHo) going against the grain by challenging Ricketts' statement today that "Jed has had a really nice offseason." Maybe Ricketts meant Hoyer has been able to work a lot on his golf game...he certainly hasn't improved the team from last year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
he must be talking about jed rotating into semiconductors and the russell 2000 during the off-season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:39 pm 

He hired the greatest manager in the history of the universe.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
BD wrote:
The entire station seems to have united against using tax payer money to pay for a new White Sox stadium. For some, it's racist for the White Sox to move from 35th and Shields, but for all, it's not responsible for the city to be on the hook for financing $1B.

I am amazed that we have finally found something that the hosts don't want the city/state to spend money on. They will spend money on anything, just not on a stadium!

Congrats on finally sounding sensible although they probably would be fine with using that $1B on other causes, just not the White Sox.

There's a better chance of the Bears building a stadium there than the White Sox.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
BD wrote:

There's a better chance of the Bears building a stadium there than the White Sox.

I think it's better for the SOX to be there. Because Bears fans will want and need more parking for 10 games. Less needed for the 81 Sox games where people won't need as much parking cuz it will be more public transportation or just walking there from work. Plus the SOX stadium will be half the seating capacity.

And the Bears stadium will be much bigger then the SOX stadium taking away more parking space.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

The way the Score (especially this show) characterizes this debate about funding the White Sox new stadium proposal - Illinois needing to be responsible for prioritizing their needs/$$ available - would make you think that the state is actually fiscally responsible and not one of the worst run states in the country.

The entire station is against this funding; probably the first time they have been spending money when the state couldn't afford it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

When this show takes calls, it is so forced. Parkins does a really good job of taking calls and having an actual conversation, Haugh/Mully are not bad either, but this show tries to make the segment a bit and show how smart they are. Just be normal people or don't take calls on the show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:37 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Grote (subbing for Bernstein and LoHo) going against the grain by challenging Ricketts' statement today that "Jed has had a really nice offseason." Maybe Ricketts meant Hoyer has been able to work a lot on his golf game...he certainly hasn't improved the team from last year.

Is there someone who is more well thought of with no production to his name than Jed Hoyer? He should give Theo half his salary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

Is there someone who is more well thought of with no production to his name than Jed Hoyer?

Fields

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bernstein is all for Sox leaving for Pritzker presidential ambitions are bigger than the Sox and would show he improved Illinois credit rating. What he said during transition.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
cookie23 wrote:
... Pritzker ... bigger....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
They were leaning ino the "no public money for a White Sox stadium" thing in a very hard and self-righteous fashion. The only problem, at least when I was listening, was they couldn't find a stupid caller to disagree with them. You can only sustain the whole self-righteous chest thumping thing when you have some opposition.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Warren Newson wrote:
They were leaning ino the "no public money for a White Sox stadium" thing in a very hard and self-righteous fashion. The only problem, at least when I was listening, was they couldn't find a stupid caller to disagree with them. You can only sustain the whole self-righteous chest thumping thing when you have some opposition.

I think a few things make that opposition hard to find. First of all, we're not blind, we can see that the economy is bad and Chicago is not what it was five years ago, and that there are better allocations of limited resources than building a new park for the Sox. Then there's the fact that with the aging demographics of the Score listenership being what they are, New Comiskey opened in their lifetimes. (It opened in my lifetime, albeit when I was in preschool.) When you consider the work that's gone into Wrigley and the United Center--not to mention Comiskey itself!--I think there's an expectation that we build these places to last. Chicago knocks stuff down and builds new stuff all the time, but we don't have that culture of impermanence that's in, say, Atlanta or Dallas.

The other part, and maybe this is kind of a reach, is that part of the crosstown rivalry from the Sox side has always been that dumb rubes think Wrigley Field is the superior venue when the actual thinking man's fans of the Sox know that Comiskey is better thanks to its easy expressway access, ample parking, delicious concessions, open concourses, lack of piss troughs, and crap for kids to do. To renounce all that and say "no, this place sucks, the location blows, the seats are bad, bathrooms could be better, gotta throw it out and start all over" undermines an entire round of that pissing match. The harshest criticism I've heard from Sox fans, other than delusional ones who think the team should move to Crystal Lake or something, has been that you can't see the skyline. No self-respecting Sox fan is gonna call the Score and demand a brand-new stadium with more expensive tickets and more expensive parking so they can gawk at a skyline.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:14 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

I think a few things make that opposition hard to find. First of all, we're not blind, we can see that the economy is bad and Chicago is not what it was five years ago, and that there are better allocations of limited resources than building a new park for the Sox. Then there's the fact that with the aging demographics of the Score listenership being what they are, New Comiskey opened in their lifetimes. (It opened in my lifetime, albeit when I was in preschool.) When you consider the work that's gone into Wrigley and the United Center--not to mention Comiskey itself!--I think there's an expectation that we build these places to last. Chicago knocks stuff down and builds new stuff all the time, but we don't have that culture of impermanence that's in, say, Atlanta or Dallas.

The other part, and maybe this is kind of a reach, is that part of the crosstown rivalry from the Sox side has always been that dumb rubes think Wrigley Field is the superior venue when the actual thinking man's fans of the Sox know that Comiskey is better thanks to its easy expressway access, ample parking, delicious concessions, open concourses, lack of piss troughs, and crap for kids to do. To renounce all that and say "no, this place sucks, the location blows, the seats are bad, bathrooms could be better, gotta throw it out and start all over" undermines an entire round of that pissing match. The harshest criticism I've heard from Sox fans, other than delusional ones who think the team should move to Crystal Lake or something, has been that you can't see the skyline. No self-respecting Sox fan is gonna call the Score and demand a brand-new stadium with more expensive tickets and more expensive parking so they can gawk at a skyline.

I'd like a park I could be proud of as much as the next guy. But it's fine. Green grass, bases are 90 ft. It would look a lot better with some good players running around in it. Oh well, we got that 2nd place mentality. Sign Ohtani? haha, that isn't happening.

$1.2 Billion? haha, that isn't happening.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I’m wired to think this whole thing is a ruse to give Uncle Jeery pretext to move the team.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
During transition Larry appeared to be silent or absent for the first half. Bernstein, Parkins and Spiegel were discussing Jerry Reinsdorf and Governor Pritzker. Three Jewish hosts discussing two Jews in a city of 1% Jewish demographics.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Lawrence and Dan agreed that Prtizker could use the state finances as a selling point for him running for President.

Last edited by BD on Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
BD wrote:
Lawrence and Dan agreed that Prtizker could use the state fiances as a selling point for him running for President.

Sounds like prostitution.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:21 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
BD wrote:
Lawrence and Dan agreed that Prtizker could use the state finances as a selling point for him running for President.

Were they saying Illinois’ finances are something to be proud of? The only reason we’re afloat is all the federal Covid money he got.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bernstein was "old fun and correct Dan" when Spiegs is all wrapped up in having two teams, money bringing in to Chicago from out of town, etc. and Dan perfectly said something to the affect of, "who is traveling from out of state to see the White Sox, hell they have a hard enough time getting people from the city to go."

Spot on! Yes, Dan can be self righteous and virtue signal, but the man is the best at being quick whitted in spot on situations.

Shut Spiegs up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:32 am 

It seems like all this came together as an parachute for the owner of the 78, who is in no rush to develop it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Nardi wrote:
I'd like a park I could be proud of as much as the next guy. But it's fine. Green grass

Nope. Wrigley is the only ballpark with green grass. Every Cub fan remembers the day his dad first took him from his urban jungle into the oasis where he smelled the grass.

Sox Park is a concrete monolith located in a dangerous suburb called Bridgeport.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I’m wired to think this whole thing is a ruse to give Uncle Jeery pretext to move the team.

That was LoHo's theory as well: go to Springfield, get told to F off, and then say "Sorry Chicago. I tried."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
It seems like all this came together as an parachute for the owner of the 78, who is in no rush to develop it.

Would this surprise you in Chicago?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
BD wrote:

I think your misunderstanding here is based on thinking that the White Sox are a cause or anything other than a billion dollar professional baseball franchise protected by anti-trust laws.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
cookie23 wrote:
Bernstein was "old fun and correct Dan" when Spiegs is all wrapped up in having two teams, money bringing in to Chicago from out of town, etc. and Dan perfectly said something to the affect of, "who is traveling from out of state to see the White Sox, hell they have a hard enough time getting people from the city to go."

Spot on! Yes, Dan can be self righteous and virtue signal, but the man is the best at being quick whitted in spot on situations.

Shut Spiegs up.

That exchange is the reason Bernstein got popular in the first place. Recent Bernstein is a shell of himself and it's a shame

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 94  Next