It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Yeah heard that too from her. Grade a dumbass. She's still holding on to the fields was screwed by Chicago talking point. Even her cohosts have kind of sort of moved beyond that (they still believe it, but it's yesterday's news for them). instead they've have taken up this bizarre position that Williams better be as good as advertised because if he's not then Fields is vindicated or something. Really dumb.

I actually don't mind the argument that the Bears, as a team, cannot take a step back next season because they draft a rookie QB. However, this show also continues to question his talent level also. I still think they are holding a position that's it's dirty business to get rid of Justin Fields because of his race, they are now just making strange football arguments to cut Williams down, but, even with those, say it's things that are out there, not necessarily their take. It's ok to be a Fields crazed like this show is, it's just sort of weird to cut down Caleb in the process.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

cookie23 wrote:
I am a listener with the Bears situation and just so much stupid by all 3 of these people.

The rants Leila goes on are predictable and just dumb. They bring up dog whistles constantly when none to be found and they obviously hate Caleb Williams for some reason and are the only people who are miserable with the Bears having the No. 1 pick.

I know a lot of it is schitck to get people to listen, but it has gotten old fast. The worst is yesterday Parkins is asking who in the chicago media doesnt want Caleb?

Ummmmmm.....the people you transition with everyday.

That said.....everyone is smarter than Greg Gabriel who is a national treasure on twitter right now.

There is that dynamic between the shows that they won't actually bring directly to each other. From Parkins perspective, he may actually be smart to realize that it will go back to some of the things you're mentioning so it's not really worth the argument.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
I commented on it the other day about using Hoge. Anyone that has paid attention to Meril Hoge knows he hates every QB prospect and he is kind of out there. Now they have Orlovksy who would take Daniels over Williams. So they're doing the people are coming around to our side? And you're right... They said it today with the 'were getting rid of Fields because this guy is absolute and now people are wavering.' Did people picking Leaf over Manning prevent Peyton from being great.

It's just setting the argument forward. How long til we get the 'is Caleb bad?' shows like we got with Mitch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Because they think they are usually playing to an audience without long term memory they get away with their crap. They think Fields is being done wrong by Caleb. Not Lester screwed by counsel though. Things like that. In a couple years they will be the biggest Caleb cheerleaders and pretend none of this happened.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
pittmike wrote:
Because they think they are usually playing to an audience without long term memory they get away with their crap. They think Fields is being done wrong by Caleb. Not Lester screwed by counsel though. Things like that. In a couple years they will be the biggest Caleb cheerleaders and pretend none of this happened.

“TELL ME AND THE DAY AND TIME I SAID THE BEARS SHOULD NOT DRAFT CALEB!”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:30 pm 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

:lol: Exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:

I think the elephant in the room is race. Because Caleb is African American the show's talking points don't make sense. If Caleb were white Dan would be treating the replace Justin with Caleb movement with the same aggression and passion that he had for the Penn State stuff.

They're trying to revive the same talking points they pushed when Bagent took over for Fields (he's being praised because he's white/people want him to start over Fields because one is black and one is white). They don't give a shit since they're dishonest, but this false narrative just obscures the true reasons why people are critical of Fields - because he objectively is at best a below average to barely average quarterback.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I think the elephant in the room is race. Because Caleb is African American the show's talking points don't make sense. If Caleb were white Dan would be treating the replace Justin with Caleb movement with the same aggression and passion that he had for the Penn State stuff.

They're trying to revive the same talking points they pushed when Bagent took over for Fields (he's being praised because he's white/people want him to start over Fields because one is black and one is white). They don't give a shit since they're dishonest, but this false narrative just obscures the true reasons why people are critical of Fields - because he objectively is at best a below average to barely average quarterback.

What they mean but can't say is that Justin Fields is a Black Quarterback whereas Caleb Williams is a quarterback who is black.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:00 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

What they mean but can't say is that Justin Fields is a Black Quarterback whereas Caleb Williams is a quarterback who is black.

So it’s like Caleb isn’t black enough or an Uncle Tom QB? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

So it’s like Caleb isn’t black enough or an Uncle Tom QB? :lol:

It's that their heels got dug in so deep and so long ago that they can't extricate themselves. The wild card is, and it's a pretty good one, no one knows if Caleb is going to be any good.

We got a height yet on the lad?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Curious Hair wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Fields is mixed..so is williams . ..so what? We know Fields isn't going to be good enough.. almost guaranteed Williams will fail as well. Draft Penix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:56 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I thought I was the only one hearing what they are not saying

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

They are already sort of playing that game. Just calling out the concerns on Caleb, being pro-Justin, saying they expect the Bears to move on from Fields, but casting enough doubt on Caleb, all without saying they never said to not draft him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
This whole thing is so bizarre. The Colts moved on early from Peyton Manning to draft Luck.

Fields’ fans are so in love with the guy they’re refusing a shot at greatness hoping their guy will someday be average.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:49 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
This whole thing is so bizarre. The Colts moved on early from Peyton Manning to draft Luck.

Fields’ fans are so in love with the guy they’re refusing a shot at greatness hoping their guy will someday be average.

Maybe they are just mad they have to buy another jersey?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:53 am 

They'd never acknowledge he's below average. they're not buying any statistical evidence whatsoever because they know it's bad. Talk to ten guys on the street and 8/10 will tell you that Fields is currently as of today a top 10-15 QB.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:32 am 

I agree with you that things are bizarre. But lets also remember that Manning was dealing with a bunch of injury issues and there was the potential that he was done. Completely different situation. It is not like they moved on from Manning when it was clear he still had good years left.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
RFDC wrote:

I agree with you that things are bizarre. But lets also remember that Manning was dealing with a bunch of injury issues and there was the potential that he was done. Completely different situation. It is not like they moved on from Manning when it was clear he still had good years left.

He’d been injured for the first time in his career, but he was immediately the most sought after FA and was the exact same guy as soon as he started in Denver.

It’s not like the league was writing him off. He had a few years of Super Bowl caliber-quarterbacking left.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:47 am 

He missed an entire season with a neck injury. It was very serious and there were a lot of doubts about whether he would be able to continue his career.

Quote:
Peyton joined iconic broadcaster Bob Costas on his HBO Show Back on the Record with Bob Costas. “People may not realize just how serious your neck injury was and all the nerve damage,’ Costas prefaced his question. “And what it took, A, surgically to put you back together and B, all the rehab. Was it more serious than people realized?”

Peyton answered in the affirmative then shared just how secretive he was about what he was going through and how bad his arm strength was at that time:

Yeah. I mean, it’s one of those things that you don’t want to give live updates as to ‘this is how weak my arm is. These are the weight that I’m lifting now.’ I was very sensitive to who could see me. I really only threw the football during that time, Bob, with about three people. With my wife — I let her see me throw — Eli and my dad. And that was it because I didn’t want anyone else to see me and to see the reaction on their faces.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

What a year makes. Last year, the top pick was a miracle.

This year, it's nothing but Caleb isn't the guy talk.

Lawrence went on a long rant on Thursday, acting as if because Dan Orlvolsky and Merrill Hoge are questioning Caleb, that now means that everyone is now backing off on Williams, including the Bears. Also, nobody has ever heard of Daniels until now. Such awesome logic. 2 analysts like someone better than Caleb and everyone can now tell the truth.

And Dan thinks that the outside football world is silly and their show is rational on this topic.

It's obvious why Lawrence doesn't want Caleb. He doesn't want a Black QB in Chicago being replaced even by a Black QB. He did his usual attack on Trevor Lawrence vs Fields but in which Dan identified race being the difference in how they are being evaluated.

I wish Parkins would take this show on but it's not worth being called a racist and he probably would agree that Black QBs must succeed or the NFL is racist (or something crazy), but he could at least push back some on insane this show is

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:12 pm 

It's insane. An African American QB is MVP and rightly so. An African American QB in KC is king of the world. Another African American QB lit the league on fire as a rookie. This city should want that QB but we passed on him for our African American QB. Another African American QB is set to replace the incumbent African American QB in this city. And somehow all of this is racist.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
veganfan21 wrote:
It's insane. An African American QB is MVP and rightly so.

Jason Goff wrote:
yeah yeah yeah

veganfan21 wrote:
An African American QB in KC is king of the world.

Jason Goff wrote:
depends on who you ask

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:38 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
It's insane. An African American QB is MVP and rightly so. An African American QB in KC is king of the world. Another African American QB lit the league on fire as a rookie. This city should want that QB but we passed on him for our African American QB. Another African American QB is set to replace the incumbent African American QB in this city. And somehow all of this is racist.

It’s absurd. And it’s also crazy that any person could love the NFL or the NBA and be racist. But whatever. We live in interesting times.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:45 pm 

Yep. Break out the advanced stats to evaluate Trout and that's good radio. Break out the advanced stats to evaluate Fields and you're racist.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:50 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Yep. Break out the advanced stats to evaluate Trout and that's good radio. Break out the advanced stats to evaluate Fields and you're racist.

Think about this- white Chicagoans can worship Sayers, Payton, and Jordan, but can’t handle a black QB. We just want a winner. We do not care what they look like.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:53 pm 

denisdman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Think about this- white Chicagoans can worship Sayers, Payton, and Jordan, but can’t handle a black QB. We just want a winner. We do not care what they look like.

Bro, I would trade one of the Bulls six rings for CJ Stroud right now. Like for the trade to work you'd have to forfeit one of the six championships. But sadly wanting CJ Stroud is racist.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:05 am 

Bernsie and Holmes simply must have misunderstood that trolling for racists against Fields was gonna be a positive for content. It made no sense at all and they are lazy and could back away.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
denisdman wrote:
cookie23 wrote:
I am a listener with the Bears situation and just so much stupid by all 3 of these people.

The rants Leila goes on are predictable and just dumb. They bring up dog whistles constantly when none to be found and they obviously hate Caleb Williams for some reason and are the only people who are miserable with the Bears having the No. 1 pick.

I know a lot of it is schitck to get people to listen, but it has gotten old fast. The worst is yesterday Parkins is asking who in the chicago media doesnt want Caleb?

Ummmmmm.....the people you transition with everyday.

That said.....everyone is smarter than Greg Gabriel who is a national treasure on twitter right now.

We are all listeners. If you are posting in this thread, you are listening. And that’s ok. Kind of the point of this message board.

Whenever I listen to old Boers and Bernstein segments it makes me even more disappointed in Bernstein and Holmes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 94  Next