It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Let's talk about Fields winning % as a starter. He doesn't even slay bums

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Poles should straight up ask him today what his height is. And it better be a 1/2 inch within what he says. Lying to the public I'll forgive as long as he doesn't lie to the bossman.

I don't care at this point. We got a 6'4 or whatever dude with Olympic level speed and strength and he has no idea what he's doing half the time.

Lying would put his whole 'great impression' and "I'm a record breaker" into "What a phony this kid is. He's scripted". But whatever, Russell Wilson was pretty great for a while. He was hated, but pretty great.

You sound like Dan Bernstein. No one should ever go Dan Bernstein.

The first reporter essentially asked him if he was a pussy. Was he prepared? Absolutely. Is he a phony? Not at all. As apparently the only person who has consumed his podcasts and interviews, we saw who he is. He's confident and respectful at the same time. There is this intensity that he tries to hide or mask, but everything else is the same.

He interviewed with a female reporter after leaving OU. It was raw. I'm confident his team didn't want him to say what he did. His decision to go to USC was his. I'm not sure where his father wanted him to go, but he talks about standing up to his dad and even cursing at him for the first time in his life. He still had the same tone in that interview.

One criticism I have of him is that he goes out of his way to look out for his teammates. There are sharks in the NFL; that could turn out bad. I'm sure he has his father and others protecting him from the sharks, but he needs to learn he doesn't have to share his light or endorsements.

Here's an interview he gave PFT today:

https://youtu.be/j9cTmGclalU?si=v1XqCuhzYpohkm7R

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
The objective should not be to draft a star/superstar with the #1 overall, the objective is to draft someone even if he is only slightly better than what we have with the #1 overall. Now that's what I call "sound logic" right there.

Lots of people horny for Caleb. I dunno, man, today seemed like an act. Especially with Haugh cumming in his pants over him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think 5 years ago he tweeted Jordan was the GOAT over LeBron because it's about championships. It's possible he's known he was going to be a Bear back then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Poles should straight up ask him today what his height is. And it better be a 1/2 inch within what he says. Lying to the public I'll forgive as long as he doesn't lie to the bossman.

I don't care at this point. We got a 6'4 or whatever dude with Olympic level speed and strength and he has no idea what he's doing half the time.

Lying would put his whole 'great impression' and "I'm a record breaker" into "What a phony this kid is. He's scripted". But whatever, Russell Wilson was pretty great for a while. He was hated, but pretty great.

You sound like Dan Bernstein. No one should ever go Dan Bernstein.

The first reporter essentially asked him if he was a pussy. Was he prepared? Absolutely. Is he a phony? Not at all. As apparently the only person who has consumed his podcasts and interviews, we saw who he is. He's confident and respectful at the same time. There is this intensity that he tries to hide or mask, but everything else is the same.

He interviewed with a female reporter after leaving OU. It was raw. I'm confident his team didn't want him to say what he did. His decision to go to USC was his. I'm not sure where his father wanted him to go, but he talks about standing up to his dad and even cursing at him for the first time in his life. He still had the same tone in that interview.

One criticism I have of him is that he goes out of his way to look out for his teammates. There are sharks in the NFL; that could turn out bad. I'm sure he has his father and others protecting him from the sharks, but he needs to learn he doesn't have to share his light or endorsements.

Here's an interview he gave PFT today:

https://youtu.be/j9cTmGclalU?si=v1XqCuhzYpohkm7R

Because he said "yeah" after every question he was asked.

Are you a pussy?

Yeah, I'm not.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Pretty sure Jay Cutler and Cade McNown were the most hated QBs in town based on their personalities in the last 24 years or so. I don't think Williams may reach that level but he does appear to have some smugness, which is fine as long as it doesn't stand in the way of him accepting criticism of his play from coaches.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:55 pm 

The objective should not be to draft a star/superstar with the #1 overall, the objective is to draft someone even if he is only slightly better than what we have with the #1 overall. Now that's what I call "sound logic" right there.

You put forward the claim that Caleb is bad only because you want to retain the services of the 42nd best fourth quarter QB. You have to first explain why you'd want to retain such trash. You can't explain it though so that's why you resort to casting aspersions on Williams. Very Bernsteinian/Holmsian/Rahimian of you. They would be proud.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
veganfan21 wrote:

You put forward the claim that Caleb is bad only because you want to retain the services of the 42nd best fourth quarter QB. You have to first explain why you'd want to retain such trash. You can't explain it though so that's why you resort to casting aspersions on Williams. Very Bernsteinian/Holmsian/Rahimian of you. They would be proud.

Fields will be the better pro and even if he isn't, then it's dumb to waste a #1 overall for a kid that won't be a star. Which this kid will not be. You seem to think that it's a great thing as long as he's better than Fields, but the only way that happens is if Fields sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:00 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Lots of people horny for Caleb. I dunno, man, today seemed like an act. Especially with Haugh cumming in his pants over him.

Drafting Williams is going to get Poles fired

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:11 pm 

You're conflating these issues. Again, the numbers say Fields is barely playing at a replacement level, meaning he's a net negative overall. In the fourth quarter, he's absolutely garbage. We've been over this and you, just like the rest of the cult, refuse to acknowledge the numbers. Instead you just assert he's good or that he's a star with upside because he has cool highlights on YouTube. That's the extent of your case for Fields. Sad indeed.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Why continue to respond to him? He's a Fields Cultist who doesn't watch football. His posts aren't based on him watching games; they're based on him combing the internet for negative opinions that others have that he wants someone to respond to. Not because he's trying to evaluate C-Will but because he's looking to annoy out of bitterness. There's no reason to take seriously whatever he or Hussra are doing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
Why continue to respond to him? He's a Fields Cultist who doesn't watch football. His posts aren't based on him watching games; they're based on him combing the internet for negative opinions that others have that he wants someone to respond to. Not because he's trying to evaluate C-Will but because he's looking to annoy out of bitterness. There's no reason to take seriously whatever he or Hussra are doing.

Fair point and understood, but it is his thread :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Fair point and understood, but it is his thread :lol:

There may have been some earlier hope that he would offer more, but that clearly isn't the case. He's been doing the same thing for months now. You know what it is. At least Hussra brings some creativity with his posts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:58 pm 

I'm not sure what Hussra is trying to say. He seems to be on some Zapruder mission to ascertain Caleb's true height. I just want some genuine discussion on whether this guy can play or not. After 5-6 years of QBs who can't play, I think we know what constitutes red flags:

Cutting the field in half to make things easier on the QB
Needing to see things faster
When the QB feels overloaded because of "information and data," including data on coverages you can exploit to gain more yards

If we see any of that from Caleb or whomever next year, I guess it just means he's a bust, based on past experience.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

If I hear, "He has great command of the huddle" or any bullshit like that, I'll know he's sucking in camp. If players and coaches are talking about the plays he's making, I'll know he's playing well.

Edit: Rich Eisen says he looks Aaron Rodgers height and has hands as big as Russell Wilson's. I'm not sure if they had sex afterwards.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:33 pm 

Nas wrote:

I watch enough to know that Fields is nowhere near as bad as you and others keep professing that he is. If he were then there is no way that he would have as much support around the NFL as he has. That doesn't happen for players that are bums. In any sport

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:40 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
You're conflating these issues. Again, the numbers say Fields is barely playing at a replacement level, meaning he's a net negative overall. In the fourth quarter, he's absolutely garbage. We've been over this and you, just like the rest of the cult, refuse to acknowledge the numbers. Instead you just assert he's good or that he's a star with upside because he has cool highlights on YouTube. That's the extent of your case for Fields. Sad indeed.

Because I know that numbers are "subjectively" viewed around here. As Williams numbers against better teams happens to be. Strangely enough I've been told that his numbers against better competition "doesn't matter" yet Fields numbers in the 4th does. Does that make sense to you? Because it sure as hell doesn't to me. If Caleb Williams cannot play well against anyone besides scrub ass teams in college, what makes you believe that he will be able to play well against anyone, (scrub or not) in the NFL? If you don't believe that this is a LEGITIMATE POINT to make then you don't know much about football or any other sport for that matter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:21 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:
Pretty sure Jay Cutler and Cade McNown were the most hated QBs in town based on their personalities in the last 24 years or so. I don't think Williams may reach that level but he does appear to have some smugness, which is fine as long as it doesn't stand in the way of him accepting criticism of his play from coaches.

"SOME" SMUGNESS?? What an understatement of what this bum is all about. If they draft this phony, I wonder how long before his dopey "FANS" start whipping themselves as their punishment for being so STUPID??Are we going to hear defense for him and for how long will it continue?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:24 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

I watch enough to know that Fields is nowhere near as bad as you and others keep professing that he is. If he were then there is no way that he would have as much support around the NFL as he has. That doesn't happen for players that are bums. In any sport

I trust my eyes. When just about everyone in Chicago thought Fields would be a superstar, I saw something different. I hoped I was wrong, but I didn't waver just because the majority of people STRONGLY disagreed. I shared the story of how Hood went on his show last year and blasted me because I was frequently critical of Fields on Sundays. Now he and his partner are saying what I was saying 2+ years ago. I will live with me being wrong about something because of my evaluation. I'm not betting anything on players or experts who are wrong most of the time. I was wrong about Caleb Williams because I listened to bullshit reports from other. Never again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:38 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I trust my eyes. When just about everyone in Chicago thought Fields would be a superstar, I saw something different. I hoped I was wrong, but I didn't waver just because the majority of people STRONGLY disagreed. I shared the story of how Hood went on his show last year and blasted me because I was frequently critical of Fields on Sundays. Now he and his partner are saying what I was saying 2+ years ago. I will live with me being wrong about something because of my evaluation. I'm not betting anything on players or experts who are wrong most of the time. I was wrong about Caleb Williams because I listened to bullshit reports from other. Never again.

And I trust mine. And what I "see" is one of the most physically gifted QBs in the league and a player that has had the misfortune of playing alongside some of the worst offensive talent and coaching in the league. And that isn't only what I "see", but it's also what MANY an NFL "expert" sees and says as well.
And what I "see" in Caleb Williams isn't that. I see an undersized QB with average athleticism and a prima Donna attitude to boot. "History" says that those kind of guys don't fare well in sports. Particularly the NFL. Thus if you have a chance to trade the pick, you should do so before you draft this kid, he busts and then the future of the franchise is torpedoed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:42 am 

Nas wrote:

Last edited by Juiced on Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The height thing with Williams is dumb. He’s roughly as tall as CJ Stroud who played just fine last year in the NFL..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:51 am 

LTG's idea of good quarterbacking:

https://youtu.be/CCOtRY_KqrU?si=lFqXxRTd-TGqO4Kn

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

In 8 days Justin Fields should be on another team.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

My Quarterback!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:05 am 

Chris Simms seems to have a decent projection record: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/ ... o/htmlview

Hit on Stroud vs Young. That was a grand slam projection for him.

Hit on Jackson and Allen being better than other highly regarded prospects.

Absolutely crushed it in this 2021 pre draft analysis of Fields' flaws. What he said back then is just as valid as it is now. https://youtu.be/4O113VPgO_c?si=6MmCzqjVfJrNGNoH

The fields analysis starts around 2:00

So he came out this week and said Williams is a no doubt #1 pick. That's encouraging I guess. He said Daniels is his no # 2 over Maye.

https://youtu.be/oAbFFiqhaHI?si=FEMRoCKs_nHVl32p

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:13 am 
100000 CLUB

Florio spitting jewels at the beginning of the video. Few do independent evaluations of these players. IIRC, Simms was all in on Wilson. Of course, no one is going to be perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:16 am 

Nas wrote:
Florio spitting jewels at the beginning of the video. Few do independent evaluations of these players. IIRC, Simms was all in on Wilson. Of course, no one is going to be perfect.

He was wrong on that yes. But in the big picture he's been right on a lot. Want to say he graded Mahomes #1 as well in 2017.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:26 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

He was wrong on that yes. But in the big picture he's been right on a lot. Want to say he graded Mahomes #1 as well in 2017.

I'm fine with what he does. Zach Wilson does have all of the tools, but he's also a huge tool. That impacts a lot on the field.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: John's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 75  Next