It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
2/8ths? Those can't be real.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: John's
4 inches taller than Bryce Young. Hussra can stop posting his drivel now

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:

Indeed. Photos of him next to guys like Stroud prove he’s much taller than guys like Young too. Williams is fine height wise, he’s eye to eye with guys like Mahomes, Rodgers, and Stroud. People are just bored right now because there’s no real news.. idle hands and all..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:59 am 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Indeed. Photos of him next to guys like Stroud prove he’s much taller than guys like Young too. Williams is fine height wise, he’s eye to eye with guys like Mahomes, Rodgers, and Stroud. People are just bored right now because there’s no real news.. idle hands and all..

Let me tell you why Michael Pratt should be the #1 pick...

It's beyond being bored with Caleb Williams. They're actively trying to destroy this kid. I don't recall seeing people outright lie and manufacture outrage like they're doing with him. It's disgusting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Relax. Caleb Williams be fine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

I think he will be. That doesn't make the media's behavior less disgusting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:19 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

In fairness Nas has a point. This has been a real bizarre draft time news cycle in regards to Williams. Tbh, I think a lot of it is the fact his team didn’t perform as well this year as the year before and they’ve been sitting on the ‘can’t miss prospect’ thing for so many years now that the only way to stand out is to be contrarian. Or, be the guy that ‘called it’ if he doesn’t play as well at the next level.

I think it will get ramped up even more if the Bears do indeed move on from Fields soon. Then you’ll see a wave of ‘experts’ yelling about why this guy or that guy is a better bet for #1 overall than Williams.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:20 pm 

Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It's beyond being bored with Caleb Williams. They're actively trying to destroy this kid. I don't recall seeing people outright lie and manufacture outrage like they're doing with him. It's disgusting.

Why though? is it the media, fans or both? Who cares if his dad is outspoken. Why is that a bad thing? Isn't the narrative always that the dad is never around for the black youth. Media loves the story of the poor black kid from a broken home somehow defeating the odds and making it to the NFL. Maybe his momma worked 3 jobs to buy him his first football and put food on the table. While the dad was in jail. They love that story, but when a kid comes from loving two parent home in middle class suburbia... No can't have that. Oh he painted his finger nails and cried.... Hell No! Only the white snowflakes who fit the script get to do that!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:22 pm 

What’s funny to me is.. if Washington had this pick I doubt there’d be as much noise. The narrative would just be ‘well he’s the hometown guy’ and so on. But because it’s the Bears, the volume is cranked all the way up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

It sounds like he's a legit 6'1" and closer to 6'2".

6'2" and still lost to UTAH?

For C-Will's sake, I hope he measures five first number: he'll have an excuse for getting USC run over by a team with a MAC roster his final college season.

Feel bad for C-Will, he lost to U-T-A-H because he sucks and not due to any inherent disadvantage.

I figured give the guy a break, being 5 something would explain losing to a bunch of slow Mormons year after year; but, nope, C-Will just plain bad against the mighty Utes.

Last edited by Hussra on Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Why though? is it the media, fans or both? Who cares if his dad is outspoken. Why is that a bad thing? Isn't the narrative always that the dad is never around for the black youth. Media loves the story of the poor black kid from a broken home somehow defeating the odds and making it to the NFL. Maybe his momma worked 3 jobs to buy him his first football and put food on the table. While the dad was in jail. They love that story, but when a kid comes from loving two parent home in middle class suburbia... No can't have that. Oh he painted his finger nails and cried.... Hell No! Only the white snowflakes who fit the script get to do that!

That's not it. The kid's a prima Donna. That's not a media narrative either. It's a Caleb Williams narrative. Guys that talk a lot of shit without having ever proven anything tend to not be well liked. Doesn't matter if you’re white or black.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:28 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

For C-Will's sake, I hope he measures five first number: he'll have an excuse for getting USC run over by a team with a MAC roster his final college season.

Feel bad for C-Will, he lost to U-T-A-H because he sucks and not due to any inherent disadvantage.

He put up 32 points! Fields put up more then 32 points TWICE last year :lol: If he scores more then 20 you all are ready to put him in the Hall of Fame.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That's not it. The kid's a prima Donna. That's not a media narrative either. It's a Caleb Williams narrative. Guys that talk a lot of shit without having ever proven anything tend to not be well liked. Doesn't matter if you’re white or black.

So Lebron is not well liked then?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It's really weird. It's primarily the media. The fans buy into it because they don't have a reason not to. I have tried to understand why the media is going to these extremes, but I can't find the answer. Historically, we don't see a kid like that get torn down unless drugs are involved or if he has some other off the field issues.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:30 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

I figured give the guy a break, being 5 something would explain losing to a bunch of slow Mormons year after year; but, nope, C-Will just plain bad against the mighty Utes.

Justin Fields is 3-12 against the NFC North in his career!
So this is acceptable to you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:32 pm 

Phil Leotardo wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

So Lebron is not well liked then?

In comparison to Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant, no he isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:33 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

What did HE say that makes you think he is a prima Donna?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:

It's really weird. It's primarily the media. The fans buy into it because they don't have a reason not to. I have tried to understand why the media is going to these extremes, but I can't find the answer. Historically, we don't see a kid like that get torn down unless drugs are involved or if he has some other off the field issues.

yeah, why are people questioning a guy from a blue-chip program with top 10 recruiting classes full of 5 stars who went .500 in conference his final season and 0-3 against a bunch of future door-knockers career Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:35 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man! And that's just for starters. Asking for a piece of whatever team drafts him is another.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:35 pm 

That's not it. The kid's a prima Donna. That's not a media narrative either. It's a Caleb Williams narrative. Guys that talk a lot of shit without having ever proven anything tend to not be well liked. Doesn't matter if you’re white or black.[/quote]

So Lebron is not well liked then?[/quote]

In comparison to Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant, no he isn't.[/quote]

What :lol: You do know that the youth of today think Lebron is the GOAT. Try telling them Jordan and Kobe are better and see how they react. Off course our generation thinks Jordan and Kobe are the GOAT. Just like the previous generation thought Chamberlain and Russel are the GOAT and the next generation will think X player is the GOAT and so on until the end of time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:40 pm 

Juiced wrote:

What :lol: You do know that the youth of today think Lebron is the GOAT. Try telling them Jordan and Kobe are better and see how they react. Off course our generation thinks Jordan and Kobe are the GOAT. Just like the previous generation thought Chamberlain and Russel are the GOAT and the next generation will think X player is the GOAT and so on until the end of time.

What? Jordan still laps LeBron James when it comes to GOAT. And that's even amongst the youth of America. His shoes easily outsells LeBron year in and year out. And LeBron is often credited with everything that is currently wrong with the NBA. That never occurred with Michael Jordan.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

It's not because of his self confidence either. The media loves confident players. MANY weren't even aware of that confidence until yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:45 pm 

Nas wrote:
It's not because of his self confidence either. The media loves confident players. MANY weren't even aware of that confidence until yesterday.

No one likes guys who talk shit without backing it up. He hasn't proven anything yet to hear him speak you'd think that the only thing left for him to do before he enters Canton is write his acceptance speech. Can we at least get through 1 Preseason game first?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

No one likes guys who talk shit without backing it up. He hasn't proven anything yet to hear him speak you'd think that the only thing left for him to do before he enters Canton is write his acceptance speech. Can we at least get through 1 Preseason game first?

It's interesting that you believe he's to uppity.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:47 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Juiced wrote:
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man! And that's just for starters. Asking for a piece of whatever team drafts him is another.

Caleb was 18 when he made the business, man comment. I bet you have said alot worse then that at 18. You post stupid stuff all the time and your a grown ass adult.

Caleb never asked for a piece of the team. “The representatives of USC quarterback Caleb Williams had been making it known to prospective agents that Williams wants partial ownership." More media bullshit that you fell for hook, line and sinker.

I would be more concerned if he said these things, "Fields says he’s being given too much info by Bears coaches, needs to trust instincts" or

". “I wasn't necessarily playing my game,” Fields said. “Felt like I was kind of robotic and not playing like myself. My goal this week is just to say 'F it'"

"That includes thinking less and just going out there and playing off of instincts rather than so much info in my head, data in my head."

"I’m going to say dump all the ‘what I should do,’ this and that, pocket stuff. I’m going to go out there and be me.”

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Enemies of the people

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yet his teammates seem to universally love him.

Weird.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:53 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Caleb was 18 when he made the business, man comment. I bet you have said alot worse then that at 18. You post stupid stuff all the time and your a grown ass adult.

Asks for examples of his being a Prima Donna. Gets provided with an example of it only to respond that he was too young to know what he was doing. Makes perfect sense

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:54 pm 

Nas wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Enemies of the people

I've always said there was some truth to that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 75  Next