It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:56 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Caleb was 18 when he made the business, man comment. I bet you have said alot worse then that at 18. You post stupid stuff all the time and your a grown ass adult.

Asks for examples of his being a Prima Donna. Gets provided with an example of it only to respond that he was too young to know what he was doing. Makes perfect sense

I fail to see how what he said at 18 makes him a prima Donna. It makes him like every other kid who was thrown into the public light.

Kid just wanted to flex a little on social media. Who cares!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Relax. Caleb Williams be fine

I think he will be. That doesn't make the media's behavior less disgusting.

Enemies of the people

I've always said there was some truth to that.

They’ve created some image of this guy that’s completely divorced from anything you see on the field.

Only people who didn’t watch him play - of which there are MANY - believe any of the noise. Fortunately for the Bears he seems to rise above it all and has a great family surrounding him.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:58 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's really weird. It's primarily the media. The fans buy into it because they don't have a reason not to. I have tried to understand why the media is going to these extremes, but I can't find the answer. Historically, we don't see a kid like that get torn down unless drugs are involved or if he has some other off the field issues.

yeah, why are people questioning a guy from a blue-chip program with top 10 recruiting classes full of 5 stars who went .500 in conference his final season and 0-3 against a bunch of future door-knockers career Image

Again I ask you:

Justin Fields is 3-12 against the NFC North in his career! So this is acceptable to you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
It's not because of his self confidence either. The media loves confident players. MANY weren't even aware of that confidence until yesterday.

No one likes guys who talk shit without backing it up. He hasn't proven anything yet to hear him speak you'd think that the only thing left for him to do before he enters Canton is write his acceptance speech. Can we at least get through 1 Preseason game first?

I don't recall LeBron talking a lot of shit before entering the NBA. And newsflash. If you are going to provide an example of his talking shit, then it might not be the best idea to cite a headline of him where he isn't talking shit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:01 pm 

Juiced wrote:

What :lol: You do know that the youth of today think Lebron is the GOAT. Try telling them Jordan and Kobe are better and see how they react. Off course our generation thinks Jordan and Kobe are the GOAT. Just like the previous generation thought Chamberlain and Russel are the GOAT and the next generation will think X player is the GOAT and so on until the end of time.

What? Jordan still laps LeBron James when it comes to GOAT. And that's even amongst the youth of America. His shoes easily outsells LeBron year in and year out. And LeBron is often credited with everything that is currently wrong with the NBA. That never occurred with Michael Jordan.

His shoes outsell Lebron's shoes. That is your proof! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, I'm done for today. Have a good day in your imaginary world.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I am excited. Caleb is going to be great. Justin will have a fine journeyman career making highlight reel runs and getting his head taken off each game. Caleb will make amazing throws from different arm angles and give a chance to beat Jordan Love.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Enemies of the people

They’ve created some image of this guy that’s completely divorced from anything you see on the field.

Only people who didn’t watch him play - of which there are MANY - believe any of the noise. Fortunately for the Bears he seems to rise above it all and has a great family surrounding him.

Yeah, it's crazy. I assumed that most people would recognize the narrative was bullshit once they heard him speak, but MANY are still clinging to the narrative.

Being somewhat of an introvert and football nerd will help, but the media may nitpick things in ways we've never seen before.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:09 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Juiced wrote:

What :lol: You do know that the youth of today think Lebron is the GOAT. Try telling them Jordan and Kobe are better and see how they react. Off course our generation thinks Jordan and Kobe are the GOAT. Just like the previous generation thought Chamberlain and Russel are the GOAT and the next generation will think X player is the GOAT and so on until the end of time.

What? Jordan still laps LeBron James when it comes to GOAT. And that's even amongst the youth of America. His shoes easily outsells LeBron year in and year out. And LeBron is often credited with everything that is currently wrong with the NBA. That never occurred with Michael Jordan.

His shoes outsell Lebron's shoes. That is your proof! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, I'm done for today. Have a good day in your imaginary world.

Yeah shoe sales have never been used as a sign of an athlete's popularity. What universe do Some of you actually reside? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Juiced wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

It sounds like he's a legit 6'1" and closer to 6'2".

6'2" and still lost to UTAH?

For C-Will's sake, I hope he measures five first number: he'll have an excuse for getting USC run over by a team with a MAC roster his final college season.

Feel bad for C-Will, he lost to U-T-A-H because he sucks and not due to any inherent disadvantage.

I figured give the guy a break, being 5 something would explain losing to a bunch of slow Mormons year after year; but, nope, C-Will just plain bad against the mighty Utes.

Justin Fields is 3-12 against the NFC North in his career!
So this is acceptable to you?

trade Fields
trade the pick for a haul, including extra 2026 1st rounder(s)
draft one of the other QB's down the board

and then worst case scenario you have extra lottery tickets for the 2026 QB draft class.

Not sure what Justin Fields has to do with Caleb Williams going .500 in conference, below .500 career against ranked teams and 0 for against Utah with USC's top 8 recruiting class and top 3 transfer portal class?

The same Ferrari roster Caleb Williams drove into the ditch against Utah/half the PAC 12 this dork got behind the wheel and destroyed a top 20 team in USC's bowl game. Miller Moss matched Caleb Williams best 6 TD performance and Moss did it against a ranked team; while C-Will could only muster 1 or 2 or 0 TD passes against any team not the growling Wolfpack of Nevada or Prime Time's zero-defense Colorado team:

Last edited by Hussra on Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Enemies of the people

is it the traditional media (Fox, ESPN, SI, local papers, etc.) or is like fans/former players on X/YouTube/etc? I sense most/all of the hate is coming from adolescent pimple-popping fanboys like LTG who are throwing tantrums online because their sucky QB is on the way out.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Enemies of the people

is it the traditional media (Fox, ESPN, SI, local papers, etc.) or is like fans/former players on X/YouTube/etc? I sense most/all of the hate is coming from adolescent pimple-popping fanboys like LTG who are throwing tantrums online because their sucky QB is on the way out.

I think it's a mixture of both. The traditional media isn't generally over the top with the lies and bullshit narratives; however, they fan the flames by "asking questions" that they know are bullshit. Florio walked one back yesterday. It says a lot when Florio thinks something has gone too far.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:29 pm 

Traditional media definitely went deep on crying after Washington, claiming his dad is Lavar Ball, demanding ownership (without evidence), etc.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:33 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Enemies of the people

I think it's a mixture of both. The traditional media isn't generally over the top with the lies and bullshit narratives; however, they fan the flames by "asking questions" that they know are bullshit. Florio walked one back yesterday. It says a lot when Florio thinks something has gone too far.

I think the get off my lawn old guy crowd focus on things like the nail polish and whatever, so haters gonna hate is how I look at that crowd. I think questions about statistical regression and blowing off the media are fair game.

Maybe 20 years ago the local/national narrative would be clearer - it'd be a foregone conclusion that you go with Williams and trade Fields. No objective analysis of Fields past performance can result in keeping him and paying him. It's only with the advent of everyone getting a megaphone now via social media that the narrative is looked at as a "debate," with all the illiterate Fields-supporting masses mass polluting the web with anti-Caleb stuff and influencing algorithms just enough where larger players see value in pandering to that unwashed bloc of Fields supporters with "is Caleb evil" content.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:35 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

It sounds like he's a legit 6'1" and closer to 6'2".

6'2" and still lost to UTAH?

For C-Will's sake, I hope he measures five first number: he'll have an excuse for getting USC run over by a team with a MAC roster his final college season.

Feel bad for C-Will, he lost to U-T-A-H because he sucks and not due to any inherent disadvantage.

I figured give the guy a break, being 5 something would explain losing to a bunch of slow Mormons year after year; but, nope, C-Will just plain bad against the mighty Utes.

Justin Fields is 3-12 against the NFC North in his career!
So this is acceptable to you?

trade Fields
trade the pick for a haul, including extra 2026 1st rounder(s)
draft one of the other QB's down the board

and then worst case scenario you have extra lottery tickets for the 2026 QB draft class.

Not sure what Justin Fields has to do with Caleb Williams going .500 in conference, below .500 career against ranked teams and 0 for against Utah with USC's top 8 recruiting class and top 3 transfer portal class?

The same Ferrari roster Caleb Williams drove into the ditch against Utah/half the PAC 12 this dork got behind the wheel and destroyed a top 20 team in USC's bowl game. Miller Moss matched Caleb Williams best 6 TD performance and Moss did it against a ranked team; while C-Will could only muster 1 or 2 or 0 TD passes against any team not the growling Wolfpack of Nevada or Prime Time's zero-defense Colorado team:

Lots of people here are REALLY running away from CWill's stats against better teams. Though stats matter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:41 pm 

Traditional media definitely went deep on crying after Washington, claiming his dad is Lavar Ball, demanding ownership (without evidence), etc.

True. Just trying to generate content I guess. The thing that ties Bernstein/Holmes/Rahimi and Mike Greenberg together is both push dumbass narratives they know are false (wanting to get rid of Fields is racist/Fields is MVP) because it's going to generate buzz and clicks. To be fair, it's the same thing Parkins did when he hosted that dumbass QB1 party and now with his Williams jersey. Hot take culture I guess. But the true believers in this crap - that Fields is MVP/replacing him is racist/Caleb is evil - are just dumbasses

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:45 pm 

If Caleb Williams is 1st overall caliber, Miller Moss should be starting in the NFL now apparently. :Outplayed with your own team by Miller Moss.
Damn, I think I'd rather be 5 something than get cucked by Miller Moss

Maybe C-Will is saving his wins for the pros? He didn't wanna use em all up while in college.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:54 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

True. Just trying to generate content I guess. The thing that ties Bernstein/Holmes/Rahimi and Mike Greenberg together is both push dumbass narratives they know are false (wanting to get rid of Fields is racist/Fields is MVP) because it's going to generate buzz and clicks. To be fair, it's the same thing Parkins did when he hosted that dumbass QB1 party and now with his Williams jersey. Hot take culture I guess. But the true believers in this crap - that Fields is MVP/replacing him is racist/Caleb is evil - are just dumbasses

Parkins is a windsock. I don’t have a huge problem with windsocks as they’ll tacitly acknowledge when they were wrong.

Chicago is a weird market as people like Bernstein are proudly ignorant when it comes to college football yet have authoritative opinions on college football players.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:01 pm 

Lots of people here are REALLY running away from CWill's stats against better teams. Though stats matter.

Despite throwing 0 touchdowns and losing the game, Kirk Williams probably had good advanced analytics stats against Utah.

Touchdowns and Wins be overvalued. People gotta respect C-Will's TPL.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

I don't know who this guy is, but Adam Schefter follows him, so I assume he isn't a hack.

According to Tony Pauline of Sportskeeda, the Bears are close to finalizing a deal that would send Fields to the Atlanta Falcons. Pauline isn’t sure if something will be announced before the NFL Combine ends this weekend and doesn’t list any sort of compensation the Bears would receive in return. 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:08 pm 

Good for Fields. Better landing spot playing a 3rd place schedule in the NFC South than going to Pittsburgh and trying to contend in that brutal division.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:19 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Good for Fields. Better landing spot playing a 3rd place schedule in the NFC South than going to Pittsburgh and trying to contend in that brutal division.

Better news for the Panthers, Saints, and Bucs. Falcons upgrade from third best QB in division based on QBR to...third best QB in division based on QBR. DCs salivating at the chance to confuse Fields with coverages he doesn't put effort into studying. Sack totals for all DEs and DTs in the division will increase and trigger various monetary bonuses.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:26 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Better news for the Panthers, Saints, and Bucs. Falcons upgrade from third best QB in division based on QBR to...third best QB in division based on QBR. DCs salivating at the chance to confuse Fields with coverages he doesn't put effort into studying. Sack totals for all DEs and DTs in the division will increase and trigger various monetary bonuses.

Notice how there has been very little in the way of discussion by noted Football Guru Vegan regarding what he expects Caleb Williams to be as an NFL player? Other than the cop-out ploy of better than Justin Fields? Just Asking Questions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:29 pm 

I've been very clear. The Bears should look up upgrade at QB since the current one isn't franchise. I don't watch college football so I don't know about Caleb's deficiencies. The current QB in Chicago however needs to go for the team to have a chance at playoff success.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:36 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I've been very clear. The Bears should look up upgrade at QB since the current one isn't franchise
Which is a silly notion to conceive since they have the #1 overall pick. You don't ever secure a #1 overall pick to merely "upgrade" a position. You secure the #1 overall pick in order to draft Stars to Superstar caliber players. It's a "wasted" pick if all you do is "upgrade" the position by removing a player whom you believe to be terrible and replacing him with someone that is only slightly better.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:56 pm 

Hussra wrote:

Patrick Mahomes was 13-19 in college against ALL teams. .500 and under.

C.J. Stroud was 9-6

Bryce Young was 23-4.

Justin Fields was 20-2 and 3-12 against the NFC North in his career!

So no i'm not putting alot of thought into the W/L record.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:59 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I've been very clear. The Bears should look up upgrade at QB since the current one isn't franchise
Which is a silly notion to conceive since they have the #1 overall pick. You don't ever secure a #1 overall pick to merely "upgrade" a position. You secure the #1 overall pick in order to draft Stars to Superstar caliber players. It's a "wasted" pick if all you do is "upgrade" the position by removing a player whom you believe to be terrible and replacing him with someone that is only slightly better.

Mitch is "slightly better" then Justin. Williams has the POTENTIAL to be far superior then Fields.

The Bears could sign Mitch today and in 3 years be 3-12 against the NFC North. Not a high bar to clear.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:00 pm 

How many top 10 recruiting classes and 5 stars did Texas Tech have during Mahomes tenure? It's Texas freaking Tech, ffs. USC is a top program and 2023 was one of their best years--top 8 recruiting class (not quite as good as their 2021 top 7 recruiting class), top 3 xfer portal class. Miller Moss tore up a ranked team with the 2023 USC roster--Moss leading the same team as Williams put the most points on a Louisville defense Cardinals gave up all season--why couldn't Caleb Williams do the same with the same team? Williams couldn't even find the end zone against Utah.

Is Miller Moss that good? Or is Caleb Williams that bad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:07 pm 

Hussra wrote:
How many top 10 recruiting classes and 5 stars did Texas Tech have during Mahomes tenure? It's Texas freaking Tech, ffs. USC is top program and 2023 was one of their best years--top 8 recruiting class, top 3 xfer portal class. Miller Moss tore up a ranked team with the 2023 USC roster--Moss leading the same team as Williams put the most points on a Louisville defense Cardinals gave up all season--why couldn't Caleb Williams do the same? Williams couldn't even find the end zone against Utah.

This is meatball talk. You could say why couldn't Justin Fields beat the Packers when the Lions beat the Packers 4 out of the last 5 games and the Bears beat the Lions 28-13!. Why couldn't the great Justin Fields do what the very mediocre J.Goff did 4 times!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:33 pm 

Juiced wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Mitch is "slightly better" then Justin. Williams has the POTENTIAL to be far superior then Fields.

The Bears could sign Mitch today and in 3 years be 3-12 against the NFC North. Not a high bar to clear.

Counting his record playing on a team that was tanking un 2 of the 3 years that he was a starter. Now that's smart.With a receiving Corp that's was worst in the league pre D.j. Moore. And no Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky isn't better than Justin Fields.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Some of these anti-Caleb posts are comedy gold lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 75  Next