It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Who is this Trysta Frick lady hey have on here today talking WNBA? SOunds like a 16 year old with a froggy throat.

In the last few weeks, her and Fridell have suddenly become weekly guests and she now has a weekend show on the Score.

I haven't heard Frick, but Friedell is absolutely brutal. The guy sounds like he's permanently hung over.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Who is this Trysta Frick lady hey have on here today talking WNBA? SOunds like a 16 year old with a froggy throat.

In the last few weeks, her and Fridell have suddenly become weekly guests and she now has a weekend show on the Score.

I haven't heard Frick, but Friedell is absolutely brutal. The guy sounds like he's permanently hung over.

Is that the guy who they had on immediately after his firing from the Athletic who sounded like he needed suicide prevention?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Is that the guy who they had on immediately after his firing from the Athletic who sounded like he needed suicide prevention?

No. That was James Fegan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Tall Midget wrote:
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:

:lol: that’s pretty accurate. He’s also the guy who baited and got into it with Kyrie Irving asking him about a silly retweet of an Alex Jones movie clip from the 90s.

Trysta is a former Barstool employee.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:

:lol: that’s pretty accurate. He’s also the guy who baited and got into it with Kyrie Irving asking him about a silly retweet of an Alex Jones movie clip from the 90s.

Trysta is a former Barstool employee.

Shouldn't Trysta have been cancelled for being with Barstool? I would think that's a bridge too far for our sensitive mid-day hosts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:50 pm 

I think she's employed by a betting site that buys her time on the score

Dan would kill his mother if a corporate overlord wished it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Will the corporate overlords come to get us?

I hope so son. I hope so.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
Will the corporate overlords come to get us?

I hope so son. I hope so.

:lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:
that's awesome that they're talking about national WNBA now

The amount of tip-toeing around all of the issues surrounding Caitlin Clark by this show on Monday was not surprising, but still pretty predictable.

On yesterday's show, Dan says he is listening, not talking, and needs to understand the complexities of the WNBA players. They both agreed that an article from the Chicago Tribune must be read before you can have an opinion about the WNBA. They also implied that certain people were some sort of racist, bigot, etc. (they didn't specify which) if you have a negative opinion of the players in the WNBA.

We have found the 1 sport where neither are willing to tell the hard truths that must be told.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
On Monday they said every reason remotely possible for Clark to get trucked. Except one. Black girls are pissed a white fork they feel is inferior is making the cash and getting the attention.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Are you denying she's America's basketball princess?

But you're right that nobody wants to have an honest conversation. Same as usual. Just talk around it and pretend there's SO much nuance. There isn't. The black girls hate she's taking ALL the oxygen in the room and the whites who never watched one fucking second of WNBA say "Hands off, she's our baby girl. Now go fly commercial."

Now back to pretending it's something else.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:18 am 

BD wrote:
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:

The amount of tip-toeing around all of the issues surrounding Caitlin Clark by this show on Monday was not surprising, but still pretty predictable.

On yesterday's show, Dan says he is listening, not talking, and needs to understand the complexities of the WNBA players. They both agreed that an article from the Chicago Tribune must be read before you can have an opinion about the WNBA. They also implied that certain people were some sort of racist, bigot, etc. (they didn't specify which) if you have a negative opinion of the players in the WNBA.

We have found the 1 sport where neither are willing to tell the hard truths that must be told.

How many times has he maligned college basketball fans for watching an inferior product?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:49 am 

good dolphin wrote:
BD wrote:
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:

How many times has he maligned college basketball fans for watching an inferior product?

That and he coded it to mean you like white players.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: it’s OK to watch and like an inferior product as long as it’s the black wildebeests of the WNBA that are the ones performing it .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
BD wrote:
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I read that Trib article. Basically said the conversations related to the WNBA and Caitlin Clark are dangerous and ugly because the league is “predominantly black and substantially queer.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:33 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
BD wrote:
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I read that Trib article. Basically said the conversations related to the WNBA and Caitlin Clark are dangerous and ugly because the league is “predominantly black and substantially queer.”

Then Clark is a minority to be celebrated!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Jaw Breaker wrote:
BD wrote:
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:

What is Caitlin Clark supposed to do in her situation? Not take the money? This is just the purest example of resentment, i.e. "hating" you'll ever see. All the other stuff getting thrown around is just people trying to sound intellectual when the issue is stupidly obvious.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:55 am 

pittmike wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
BD wrote:
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Then Clark is a minority to be celebrated!

Jackie Robinson had to endure a lot of bigotry early in his career as well

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Caitlin Clark is the Tim Anderson of basketball?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
"You're watching the WNBA wrong" is the tip-top of the "Libs eat their own" mountain.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
daniel from deerfield hasn't really talked about how his favorite DEI baseball manager is doing with the angels. always blurting out his name before loho could, after any vacant baseball managerial position was discussed. no genuine discussion, just hire ron washington.

he did massage happ's back yesterday - "looks like you've come around...". 0-4 yesterday, batting .218 with 6 HRs. velazquez on the royals is hitting around the same, with more HRs. cuas may be back to delivering next day packages. maybe we'll trade canario for maldonando, since there are no openings in the outfield.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:02 am 

I notice the term of the week seems to be slug. As in Nico has no slug.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
yeah, nico is part of the problem. least amount of HRs from ALL qualified (16) MLB 2nd basemen. ok, no problem. is he hitting for average? .252, 9th out of 16 qualified 2nd basemen. hmmm..

noticed last year...not many clutch hits, many poor situational ABs stood out. stolen bases were nice, they've since gone away. it's obvious nico squeezes the sawdust out of the bat in clutch time.

very good glove, seems like a good teammate, professional, plays hurt...i guess he gets a pass. or, is it some type of privilege?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:36 am 

Dan is really against the Bears as far as Warren and the stadium is concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:

I don't think he's necessarily wrong, but I think those two love taking a sports topic and turning into a political issue. I think Lawrence now thinks of himself as a inside political reporter with all of his inside conversations. I think he said he had considered running for office. Dan just wants to go after the evil billionarie's.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:

The 3 of them are looking out for my money.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:10 pm 

hootmon wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The 3 of them are looking out for my money.

Yeah you should feel good. Particularly as Dan sent his kids to a CPS school with 8,000 times the special money and resources everyone else's kids get.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
pittmike wrote:

Is there anyone that is for the Bears current plan that lives here? Warren is a total snake oil salesman, he should any normal person's skin crawl.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
pittmike wrote:

this is one topic Dan is 100% correct on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
man of few opinions wrote:
pittmike wrote:

this is one topic Dan is 100% correct on.

I think quite a few people are against the financing scheme. But today he was really shrill--like he is the only one who sees through this and the rest of the world is happy to get fleeced.
He really did not like the tower crane references.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 94  Next