It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The case for Christ
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:43 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i remember the book...this bit of news just came out:

https://metro.co.uk/2024/06/12/experts-discover-earliest-record-jesus-christ-performing-a-miracle-21020745/

i call it the case, as in proving that Christ existed. there are many sources from Christ's era that referred to Him. i believe that 'case' has been proven.

what compels this is the overwhelming negative comments from readers. yahoo had the same article and most of the comments told me that Christ never existed - no proof. this writing is apprx. 300-400 years after Christ lived - and some 800 years earlier than what was accepted as the Gospel of Thomas, which was about Christ's earliest years.

Quote:
Dr Gabriel Nocchi Macedo, from the University of Liège, said: ‘Our findings on this late antique Greek copy of the work confirm the current assessment that the Infancy Gospel according to Thomas was originally written in Greek.’

Post subject: Re: The case for Christ
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:04 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
k

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:15 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

https://metro.co.uk/2024/06/12/experts-discover-earliest-record-jesus-christ-performing-a-miracle-21020745/

i call it the case, as in proving that Christ existed. there are many sources from Christ's era that referred to Him. i believe that 'case' has been proven.

what compels this is the overwhelming negative comments from readers. yahoo had the same article and most of the comments told me that Christ never existed - no proof. this writing is apprx. 300-400 years after Christ lived - and some 800 years earlier than what was accepted as the Gospel of Thomas, which was about Christ's earliest years.

Quote:
Dr Gabriel Nocchi Macedo, from the University of Liège, said: ‘Our findings on this late antique Greek copy of the work confirm the current assessment that the Infancy Gospel according to Thomas was originally written in Greek.’

There were lots of lunatics running around claiming to be the Son of God in that era. Not much different than today.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:42 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Quote:

There were lots of lunatics running around claiming to be the Son of God in that era. Not much different than today.

I built a little empire out of some crazy garbage called the blood of the exploited working class; but they've overcome their shyness now they're calling me your highness; and a world screams "kiss me, son of god".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Quote:

How MANY of them have a couple of billion followers today?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:06 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Quote:

That's a fair point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Quote:

At least 70 million as of 2020.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Quote:

70 million people have a couple billion followers?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:36 am 

pittmike wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Quote:

Plausibly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:45 am 

Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Plausibly

Big if true.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Quote:

lots? who were they and who/what are their historical sources? why did non-christian human sources - who lived decades after Christ, document someone who was crucified in golgotha?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:26 am 
Site Admin

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Quote:

lots? who were they and who/what are their historical sources? why did non-christian human sources - who lived decades after Christ, document someone who was crucified in golgotha?

Athronges, Theudas, and a bunch of other rebels and guys outside the Jewish establishment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:47 am 

Was Christ indigenous?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:48 am 

pittmike wrote:
Was Christ indigenous?

No, he was white.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:50 am 

Christ was a great marketer like Trump.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Was Christ indigenous?

No, he was white.

Fake news.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:58 am 

Nas wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Was Christ indigenous?

No, he was white.

Fake news.

And a WASP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Was Christ indigenous?

No, he was white.

Fake news.

And a WASP

Big if true.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Was Christ indigenous?

No, he was white.

I agree. I read the Old testament. Almighty Dad has all the traits of a cis white male.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:27 am 

christianity is so real they had to rewrite it woke :lol: and its due for another refresh :lol: