It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I enjoyed that segment, but one thing I'm surprised they didn't call Warren on was his line about U.S. Bank Stadium revitalizing a dead part of town. It's built on the site of the Metrodome, where the Vikings played. It was a lateral move from seldom-used NFL stadium site to seldom-used NFL stadium site, it's just that the new one kills more birds. It's also a couple blocks from City Hall, so it's hard to believe that the neighborhood was dead until Kevin Warren got there.

The crane thing was stupid and deserved to be called out. Yeah, "Toronto's city bird is the crane" has been a joke for years, because all they do in Toronto is build giant highrise condos that no one can afford to live in and thus exist solely for money laundering. Yeah, let's be more like Toronto, where the more they build, the worse their housing crisis gets. And they need a stadium more than we do; the SkyDome is a dump.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
hootmon wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Dan is really against the Bears as far as Warren and the stadium is concerned.

this is one topic Dan is 100% correct on.

I think quite a few people are against the financing scheme. But today he was really shrill--like he is the only one who sees through this and the rest of the world is happy to get fleeced.
He really did not like the tower crane references.

oh, well yeah that's who he is, but at least the content part is right on.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Using this show's own logic, isn't the only explanation for Dan's criticism of Kevin Warren is that Dan is racist?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
hootmon wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Dan is really against the Bears as far as Warren and the stadium is concerned.

this is one topic Dan is 100% correct on.

I think quite a few people are against the financing scheme. But today he was really shrill--like he is the only one who sees through this and the rest of the world is happy to get fleeced.
He really did not like the tower crane references.

That was my point.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:06 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Using this show's own logic, isn't the only explanation for Dan's criticism of Kevin Warren is that Dan is racist?

Go on. I particularly liked how Warren is Make Chicago Great Again. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:07 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I enjoyed that segment, but one thing I'm surprised they didn't call Warren on was his line about U.S. Bank Stadium revitalizing a dead part of town. It's built on the site of the Metrodome, where the Vikings played. It was a lateral move from seldom-used NFL stadium site to seldom-used NFL stadium site, it's just that the new one kills more birds. It's also a couple blocks from City Hall, so it's hard to believe that the neighborhood was dead until Kevin Warren got there.

The crane thing was stupid and deserved to be called out. Yeah, "Toronto's city bird is the crane" has been a joke for years, because all they do in Toronto is build giant highrise condos that no one can afford to live in and thus exist solely for money laundering. Yeah, let's be more like Toronto, where the more they build, the worse their housing crisis gets. And they need a stadium more than we do; the SkyDome is a dump.

The Metrodome was closer to Mall of America and airport than city hall?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I thought the metrodome was close to downtown and the Met was where Mall of America is?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:16 pm 

I thought the metrodome was close to downtown and the Met was where Mall of America is?

It’s been a long time maybe I am wrong there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:23 pm 

I’m no Minneapolis expert myself but I think the MOA is literally on the site of the Met and the new football stadium is on the site of the metrodome in the city, near downtown. I visited up there once a long time ago when the metrodome still existed. It was a cool city, we really enjoyed the Twin Cities.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
https://maps.app.goo.gl/QSd48YXLZbd8oXLs6

US Bank stadium is less than half a mile from city hall. Mall of America is in Bloomington, about 16 minutes south.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
I’m no Minneapolis expert myself but I think the MOA is literally on the site of the Met and the new football stadium is on the site of the metrodome in the city, near downtown.

You are correct.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:57 pm 

My bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:39 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Metropolitan Stadium and the Met Center were torn down and replaced with the Mall of America. The Metrodome and the Birdslayer are on the same spot in downtown Minneapolis.

I'm impressed with how they fit Target Field into such a tiny little afterthought of open space.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Metropolitan Stadium and the Met Center were torn down and replaced with the Mall of America. The Metrodome and the Birdslayer are on the same spot in downtown Minneapolis.

I'm impressed with how they fit Target Field into such a tiny little afterthought of open space.

They put up a mall with a merry-go-round?!

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Rollercoaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I’m no Minneapolis expert myself but I think the MOA is literally on the site of the Met and the new football stadium is on the site of the metrodome in the city, near downtown. I visited up there once a long time ago when the metrodome still existed. It was a cool city, we really enjoyed the Twin Cities.

We enjoyed the Twin Cities as well. It's the best Midwestern urban area outside of Chicago, in my humble opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Warren Newson wrote:

We enjoyed the Twin Cities as well. It's the best Midwestern urban area outside of Chicago, in my humble opinion.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Yeah, "best Midwestern urban area outside of Chicago," is a pretty low bar to clear.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Barracos
and yet......we are all still posting. we will get to Julie's count soon.

think of something NEW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:51 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: What??
ILLUM wrote:
and yet......we are all still posting. we will get to Julie's count soon.

think of something NEW

I like this recent turn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:59 am 

So Bridgeview told the Red Stars they were probably going to get bumped for Riot Fest two months ago and the Red Stars just ghosted them in return. (The narrative will probably be that Bridgeview's request was such a rude imposition by The Patriarchy that it didn't deserve to be acknowledged.) So they've just wasted two months they could have used trying to find a backup venue.

Senor said "I hope this doesn't get litigated for years to come," which was odd, because I assumed there was something in writing to cover this, which, surprise, there was. Also, apparently Ray Hanania is doing their p.r., interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:15 am 

Yeah they had her on yesterday and all of the sudden with Bernsie soccer good, Riotfest nazis.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:25 pm 

just like a biological woman to assume you know what is wrong when they stop communicating because they are angry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:26 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

So Bridgeview told the Red Stars they were probably going to get bumped for Riot Fest two months ago and the Red Stars just ghosted them in return. (The narrative will probably be that Bridgeview's request was such a rude imposition by The Patriarchy that it didn't deserve to be acknowledged.) So they've just wasted two months they could have used trying to find a backup venue.

Senor said "I hope this doesn't get litigated for years to come," which was odd, because I assumed there was something in writing to cover this, which, surprise, there was. Also, apparently Ray Hanania is doing their p.r., interesting.

the court finds in favor of the Red Stars. The damages are the $10 of profit they would have realized that day

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:50 pm 

does he know Public Enemy is playing ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:06 pm 

Bagels wrote:

He is a Beastie Boy type. What a fucking burrito. Dad what if they don’t like me and give me good grades at Bucknell? IDK son we will try Tulane. Anyways your fat ugly sister graduated.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:16 pm 

Bagels wrote:

I got a letter from the Bridgeview government the other day
I opened and read it, it said they were suckers
They wanted me for their Red Star army or whatever
Picture me givin' a damn, I said, "Never"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:33 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:33 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Bagels wrote:

He is a Beastie Boy type. What a fucking burrito. Dad what if they don’t like me and give me good grades at Bucknell? IDK son we will try Tulane. Anyways your fat ugly sister graduated.

No I thought he was a big NWA fan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 94  Next