It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I give Rory a bit of slack. Missing two shorties (although the putt on 18 was no gimmie) would make any pro LIVid.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:14 pm 

Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Bryson looking solid and like he is going to make a run at this thing.

it’s an unpopular opinion because for the most part he deserved the grief he was getting but ive become a fan of Bryson. If you watch his YouTube stuff, his douchebaggery is a 180 from what it’s been. He’s basically just a golf nerd who is really really good at golf . He shares a lot of knowledge on his channel and does cool stuff with it. I’m rooting for him.

I agree with you. I put a little money on him at +1400.

It was actually $15 at +1800. Nice $270 cash in!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:52 pm 

Don't know if any of you guys watched Live From after the tournament, but I like Bryson more and more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Franky T wrote:
Don't know if any of you guys watched Live From after the tournament, but I like Bryson more and more.

That entire aftershow was awesome. Three hours later, Bryson is still out there giving interviews, signing autographs, taking pictures letting people touch the trophy, him holding the mic when that golf channel guy hit the same shot out of the bunker and his reaction was awesome. Edit: heres the clip

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:36 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Bryson looking solid and like he is going to make a run at this thing.

it’s an unpopular opinion because for the most part he deserved the grief he was getting but ive become a fan of Bryson. If you watch his YouTube stuff, his douchebaggery is a 180 from what it’s been. He’s basically just a golf nerd who is really really good at golf . He shares a lot of knowledge on his channel and does cool stuff with it. I’m rooting for him.

I agree with you. I put a little money on him at +1400.

It was actually $15 at +1800. Nice $270 cash in!

i had a $5 on him at +2000. finally he paid off. felt bad for rory though. probably a sleepless night.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:47 am 

Just read that Rory McIlroy was 496-for-496 putting inside 3 feet this season before that miss.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Franky T wrote:
Just read that Rory McIlroy was 496-for-496 putting inside 3 feet this season before that miss.
The putt on 18 was 3' 9". It was not a confident stroke whatsoever. It was the miss at 16 that really did him in. That influenced the way he played the 17th and 18th. He also got a really bad break on 15 with where his ball ended up. If it stops just a few inches shorter he's able to make a much more controlled chip/pitch shot.

Bryson has turned from heel to a golf nerd who is just great at what he does. Mad props to him (and Kopeka) for continuing to put the work in to play well on the biggest stage. MANY of their other league mates have simply cashed out in more ways than one. Bryson was definitely fortunate during the tournament though. He was spraying drives all over the place for the entire weekend, and every time he was in the native grass or waste areas it seemed it lucked out with a decent lie and stance. If he drives the ball in a similar fashion at Oakmont next year, he is likely to miss the cut.

Glad the course showed its teeth and a fairly 'high' number ended up winning. Only 8 players finished in red figures. That's how a US Open should be.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I thought the announcing guys said it well. They made the course tough but no players complained or cried foul.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I turned around on Bryson a couple of months back when I stumbled upon his YT channel. Guy seemed to be really likable there, and it seems (and by his own words in the post presser) the he has reached a maturity level and realization that by not being as much of a douchebag as he was, he would start winning the fans over. Good for him, and I would love to see him back on the Tour someday.

As far as the other LIVers besides maybe Brooksie and maybe Rahm (who I think regretted his decision to jump immediately after making it) ? WGAF?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hard not to argue.

Very easy to post a Tweet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:18 pm 

Still bullshit. Looking at him and Bryson and it is amazing how the roles have reversed in a very short amount of time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:39 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Still bullshit. Looking at him and Bryson and it is amazing how the roles have reversed in a very short amount of time.

This is true.

I've always had mixed feeling about Rory. I appreciate the fact that he is probably the best driver of the golf ball that the game has ever seen, but I just don't ever really root for him to win. I would like to see him win a Masters and complete the career grand slam though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:25 pm 

just play better, Rory.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
badrogue17 wrote:
just play better, Rory.

That’s when I started disliking the guy. Such a dick to guys trying to grind out careers.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:48 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
just play better, Rory.

That’s when I started disliking the guy. Such a dick to guys trying to grind out careers.

it’s been interesting day on social media regarding what happened yesterday with Rory stans excusing and defending his terrible sportsmanship and praising his “nothing but class“ statement that he released later on today.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:52 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
just play better, Rory.

it’s been interesting day on social media regarding what happened yesterday with Rory stans excusing and defending his terrible sportsmanship and praising his “nothing but class“ statement that he released later on today.

The old Hilary approach to taking an L.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:57 pm 

Guess I missed something. What did Rory do that was unsportsman?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:

Choked

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:32 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
RFDC wrote:

I believe once Rory saw Bryson make his putt he cleaned out his locker and headed for his car. Don’t think he shook his hand and skipped the press conference.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:12 am 

T-Bone wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I believe once Rory saw Bryson make his putt he cleaned out his locker and headed for his car. Don’t think he shook his hand and skipped the press conference.

Ah yeah thats pretty crappy. Disappointing to hear.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:18 am 

There was plenty of Zapruder type analysis out there for those interested. I think I read it was about 6 minutes between Bryson’s putt hitting the cup and Rory peeling out viciously in his sponsored Lexus.

Last edited by This Ends in Antioch on Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
just play better, Rory.

Now you know how foolish you look when you defend the police no matter what they do, what they say, or who they kill.

badrogue17 wrote:
just play better, Rory.
He said that to Grayson Murrary, who is now deceased. The funny part of that-- which I'm sure PGA savant Brouge already knew-- was Murrary did play better. he won the Sony Open in January. This gave him a two year PGA exemption, qualified him for all 2024 Majors and Signature events, as well as the Sentry Tournament of Champions in January back in Hawaii. Now obviously the guy had major issues going on in his head and off the course, but it appeared he did get his game on track.

We've also seen a number of other 'grinders' and first time winners take care of business over the last year, year and a half; Max Homa, Tom Kim, Seamus Power, Keegan Bradley, Tom Hoge, Chris Kirk, Kurt Kitayama, Taylor Moore, Peter Malnati, Corey Conners, Jason Day, Nick Taylor, Rickie Fowler, Theegala, Bhatia and I could go on. All of those guys were either first time winners, or had not won in at least 2 seasons yet managed to 'play better' at some point over the 2023-2024 PGA Tour seasons.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I get these guys are competitors and can be supremely disappointed if they come up a bit short. Still, I would hope I would comport myself better, especially after earning $2.3 million for the week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:41 am 

a retard wrote:
I get these guys are competitors and can be supremely disappointed if they come up a bit short. Still, I would hope I would comport myself better, especially after earning $2.3 million for the week.

Guys that Rory has thrown shit at ( Greg Norman, Phil ) sacked up and answered questions after historic chokes in Majors . Of course it isnt easy to do but you cant just be cooperative and accessible when things are going well . Jack came up short 19 times in majors and is renowned for his graciousness and sportsmanship in defeat. Watson dumped that British Open at age 59 on the last hole and answered all questions afterwards while praising Cink while he had to be devastated. It was a terrible look for Rory and he's being defended for doing it and offered no apology in his PR team crafted letter. He can hang his hat on only taking that pure and clean Nike money and not the blood-stained LIV dollars so at least he has moral high ground.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5