It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bagels wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bagels wrote:
does he know Public Enemy is playing ?

He is a Beastie Boy type. What a fucking burrito. Dad what if they don’t like me and give me good grades at Bucknell? IDK son we will try Tulane. Anyways your fat ugly sister graduated.

No I thought he was a big NWA fan

I think nowadays he prefers the WNWA .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Bagels wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bagels wrote:

He is a Beastie Boy type. What a fucking burrito. Dad what if they don’t like me and give me good grades at Bucknell? IDK son we will try Tulane. Anyways your fat ugly sister graduated.

And a big Public Enemy fan. I think I remember him saying Chuck D and Rakim were his two favorite MC's.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
That was the start of his Jew trying to be black thing. Why do Jews think they are black?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
pittmike wrote:
That was the start of his Jew trying to be black thing. Why do Jews think they are black?

Pre 10/7 viewpoint

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:33 pm 

??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
pittmike wrote:

Maybe LTG knows?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:56 pm 

Zero traffic even trolling.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Bagels wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Distinctly remember him saying "when I was in college, all I listened to was hardcore gangsta rap."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:44 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Zero traffic even trolling.

Get it started buddy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Dan and Leery were interviewing the Sun Times' Annie Costabile about the Sky and the Red Stars when Laurence started with his phony, hysterical laugh. She said "You always laugh at what I say like I'm a comedian, but I don't think I'm that funny." :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Tad Queasy wrote:
Dan and Leery were interviewing the Sun Times' Annie Costabile about the Sky and the Red Stars when Laurence started with his phony, hysterical laugh. She said "You always laugh at what I say like I'm a comedian, but I don't think I'm that funny." :)

One of his quirks. It's definitely condescending.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:

I saw Josh Nelson from White Sox Machine (or whatever) gave his rankings on best/popular Chicago athletes and had Angel Reese at the top of list (I think 2nd under Caleb). He then called anyone who thought it was ridiculous that he ranked her so high as a racist and said the replies were toxic. I took a quick look and most of the people were just ridiculing him or saying that nobody cares about the WNBA. Maybe stick to the White Sox if are so sensitive or have such bad takes?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:

This show has given more discussion time to the WNBA that they do for NHL, any college sports, maybe just a little under the White Sox. They have probably discussed the Lakers head coaching hire more than they did for all NFL head coach openings this past off-season.

I think they cover the WNBA the way they do because it gives them that opportunity to attack anyone who criticizes it as a bigot, racist, etc. I've seen some of that on the afternoon show as well. Definitely a new opportunity to show your allegiance and earn a few points.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:14 pm 

BD wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I saw Josh Nelson from White Sox Machine (or whatever) gave his rankings on best/popular Chicago athletes and had Angel Reese at the top of list (I think 2nd under Caleb). He then called anyone who thought it was ridiculous that he ranked her so high as a racist and said the replies were toxic. ?

:lol: didn’t we just do this with Justin Fields for three years?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
BD wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I saw Josh Nelson from White Sox Machine (or whatever) gave his rankings on best/popular Chicago athletes and had Angel Reese at the top of list (I think 2nd under Caleb). He then called anyone who thought it was ridiculous that he ranked her so high as a racist and said the replies were toxic. ?

:lol: didn’t we just do this with Justin Fields for three years?

Speaking of QB talk, Lawrence (and Dan) believe the Bears should cut Tyson Bagent because he has ambitions on being a starting QB and would rather have a guy like Brian Hoyer as the backup because he would understand his role.

Holmes should really never talk QB play ever again. He has been in a whole different world in terms on how he evaluates QB's, but yes, both of these hosts were quick to resort to that. They haven't started that yet with Caleb, but routinely attack the fans for any positive thoughts on Bagent. Sort of funny that Bagent and Fields are now in the same role.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Late last week, the show played a clip of Reggie Jackson talking about he wouldn't wish the racism that he dealt with on anyone. He went on describe how a few of his teammates stood up for him, but how he was called horrible name, kicked out of hotels/restaurants because of his skin color....

According to Dan, 1/2 of the country want those policies re-instated or are fine with staying silent. He also went on to say that Florida is banning this history from being taught in it's schools.

Lawrence pointed to the replies in the comments section on the Reggie Jackson video clip as evidence to support Dan's comments.

Sports Radio 670

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Dan could replace Joy Behar on The View. It would be a nearly seamless transition.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:54 pm 

We also had WHY IS LARUSSA TOURING SOX MINOR LEAGUE CAMPS!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Transition on Monday show continued the conversation.

Dan was so proud of his comments that he cut that out of the show and posted that video clip of calling half the country racists. He did get some comments from the trolls of course. So interesting that a radio talk show host would be completely opposed to any point other than the most extreme take (his comments) possible and he wrong at the same time about Florida. You have to wonder where such a deep thinker gets these opinions (or hard truths as this show would say) from.

Meanwhile, Spiegal had Holmes on Hit and Run to talk about racism in baseball (and I am sure modern day)....

Also Spiegal feels bad that Jason Goff was cast as the angry black man when really all he was doing was not staying quiet in the face of injustice ....

670 The Score

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Sure, OK, whatever. Program your show/station however you want, it just doesn't seem to me like they have a specific target demo in mind, this is just self-gratification over what they see trending on social media.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:43 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Sure, OK, whatever. Program your show/station however you want, it just doesn't seem to me like they have a specific target demo in mind, this is just self-gratification over what they see trending on social media.

They're giving BD and other listeners what they want to hear.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:38 pm 

My gosh. Goff has been in studio with them for the last 2 segments and has done bascially nothing but laugh. He can say more things without saying anything.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
My gosh. Goff has been in studio with them for the last 2 segments and has done bascially nothing but laugh. He can say more things without saying anything.

I'm assuming he was on to talk Bulls, but given some of the content over the last few days, the only thing that was missing was his predictable take, and hard truth's
on those things that he can't simply can't say silent on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
this thread now gets the bit, RIP Boers and Bernstein

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:44 pm 

To have listened to their Sox rant Monday Eloy was headed back to the IL. Just looking at box score and EJ played full game, 5ab, 1rbi. Anything to kick the Sox when they can. The harped for what seemed an hour.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:49 pm 

impressive stat line. I can see why you are upset.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:52 pm 

RFDC wrote:

The point was they were taking the Sox organization to the woodshed yet again. Their reasoning was wrong though. They obviously have a directive to shit on all things Sox.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:55 pm 

pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The point was they were taking the Sox organization to the woodshed yet again. Their reasoning was wrong though. They obviously have a directive to shit on all things Sox.

They are on pace to lose 110-120 games this year. What else would you have them do?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:46 pm 

RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They are on pace to lose 110-120 games this year. What else would you have them do?

I know the Sox suck. It’s the constant making up of Larussa/Jerry/whatever else conspiracies. We don’t need to be told the Sox suck we can see that. Making up pure speculation about handling Eloy’s leaving his prior game only to be right back is just making up shit to sling.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:32 pm 

On the Audacity app, it showed Goff was on the show to talk NBA basketball....I got through 5 of the longest minutes of Goff talking about himself and nothing about basketball. Maybe he got to it. He seems like a nice guy who is just terrible at radio.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 94  Next