It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:26 am 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
cookie23 wrote:
On the Audacity app, it showed Goff was on the show to talk NBA basketball....I got through 5 of the longest minutes of Goff talking about himself and nothing about basketball. Maybe he got to it. He seems like a nice guy who is just terrible at radio.

I have heard Gabe Ramirez back on a couple times after he was let go recently. With Parkins about to leave I hope they find other replacements than Goff or Ramirez to fill open spots.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
cookie23 wrote:
On the Audacity app, it showed Goff was on the show to talk NBA basketball....I got through 5 of the longest minutes of Goff talking about himself and nothing about basketball. Maybe he got to it. He seems like a nice guy who is just terrible at radio.

He doesn't seem like a nice guy at all. He's a narcissistic ignoramus.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

He doesn't seem like a nice guy at all. He's a narcissistic ignoramus.

It worked for Mike North

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
brucester001 wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

I have heard Gabe Ramirez back on a couple times after he was let go recently. With Parkins about to leave I hope they find other replacements than Goff or Ramirez to fill open spots.

Where is he going? Or you mean eventually?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:43 am 

He has been gone a lot lately to do tv show on FS1.

I could definitely see him pursuing other opportunities.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
brucester001 wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

He's probably more ambitious than your typical radio host, but is he really in demand?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:
brucester001 wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

He's probably more ambitious than your typical radio host, but is he really in demand?

He's been on FS1 cause Nick Wright is his best friend, no other reason than that. Maybe it's me getting older but I used to think I was getting some insight on the Score, now every show is basically them riffing on the topic du jour from twitter.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:28 pm 

Ricky11Slade wrote:
He's been on FS1 cause Nick Wright is his best friend, no other reason than that.

and you know this how?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ricky11Slade wrote:
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:
brucester001 wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

He's been on FS1 cause Nick Wright is his best friend, no other reason than that. Maybe it's me getting older but I used to think I was getting some insight on the Score, now every show is basically them riffing on the topic du jour from twitter.

These shows are constantly beating Cubs topics into the ground each day and probably talking more Bears than they ever have before training camp.

They now cover the WNBA around equally to whatever we call their White Sox coverage.

Lots of topics discussed daily and repeatedly within each show and across the station, but they also heavily rely on X/social media for the outrage of the day outside of the topics that they are guaranteed to discuss.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:
impressive stat line. I can see why you are upset.

The point was they were taking the Sox organization to the woodshed yet again. Their reasoning was wrong though. They obviously have a directive to shit on all things Sox.

They are on pace to lose 110-120 games this year. What else would you have them do?

I know the Sox suck. It’s the constant making up of Larussa/Jerry/whatever else conspiracies. We don’t need to be told the Sox suck we can see that. Making up pure speculation about handling Eloy’s leaving his prior game only to be right back is just making up shit to sling.

They continue to argue that Chris Getz reports to Tony La Russa, but his public comments, La Russa sounded more like he was in charge of managerial/on-field type things like fundamentals, working with minor league managers, hustling, etc. I don't think there were any comments about him approving trades/payroll, etc. which has been the argument from this show.

La Russa is more involved than he should be. He should be retired, but he does have influence with Reinsdorf. We don't know what he advises him on or if Getz is actually making final decisions, but this show speculates without having any facts to back up what they are saying. I'm not even suggesting they could be right - even Nightengale recently mentioned La Russa's importance, but this is the same show with impeccable sources who can tell them any inside information at any time - but yet, haven't provided one specific example of the influence they claim La Russa has other than he "has coffee with Reinsdorf".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
BD wrote:
La Russa sounded more like he was in charge of managerial/on-field type things like fundamentals, working with minor league managers, hustling, etc.
The Sox suck at all of this stuff too.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
BD wrote:
La Russa sounded more like he was in charge of managerial/on-field type things like fundamentals, working with minor league managers, hustling, etc.

:lol: yea if there's one thing i associate w/ this team, its hustling

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
BD wrote:

They have bad players. I don't think it's particularly shocking that they don't do many things well.

La Russa is probably also not responsible for this either, but he's owning it for whatever reason. I'd like to think the players, current coaching staff would have more responsibility than a 75 year old advisor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
It takes almost zero talent to hustle and run the bases properly. Neither of which is something the Sox do well.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
RFDC wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:
He's been on FS1 cause Nick Wright is his best friend, no other reason than that.

and you know this how?

Parkins has essentially said it. It's not like it's a guy conveniently in NYC that can just get over to the studio, Parkins has to fly in every time.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I had no idea LaRussa had anything to do with the Sox still.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:57 am 
1000 CLUB

On Friday's show, when speaking about a draft prospect who fell into the 2nd round because of some questionable family/relationships, journalism expert Lawrence Holmes was surprised that the NY Post had better standards (in the stories they cited) than Deadspin.

The next time Holmes preaches about journalism....

They also opened the show with Leila laughing hysterically why Missouri would have a campaign ad for "protecting our borders". The political experts then laughed if this was about the Chiefs or Illinois before they got serious and could justify it if this was from a senator for Missouri or a border state, not from a governor. Must not be aware of any of the recent violence that is directly attributed to the border.

No debate recap on Friday. I was surprised they didn't talk about Democracy now being in crisis, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
The racists just did over a half hour on how successful the White Sox mexican night was. Dan did his white guy impersonation asking when white guy from Bridgeport night is and Larry said thats every night. Then they made fun of Oberweis ice cream because old owner Is a right wing dude. Really sorry I didnt turn on music instead.

Last edited by brucester001 on Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:56 pm 

brucester001 wrote:
Really sorry I didnt turn on music instead.

No you're not

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

brucester001 wrote:
The racists just did over a half hour on how successful the White Sox mexican night was. Dan did his white guy impersonation asking when white guy from Bridgeport night is and Larry said thats every night. Then they made fun of Edelweis ice cream because old owner Is a right wing dude. Really sorry I didnt turn on music instead.

I would prefer that the show/station just change it's format to "sports/news opinions" vs. them increasingly bring really bad opinions/lies every day and passing themselves as truth tellers. It's hard to go more than a segment or two without them dropping in some left-wing lie or calling their audience racists.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
brucester001 wrote:
Edelweis ice cream

Now that's a right-wing ice cream place!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Lawrence Holmes: Simone Biles is the greatest athlete who has ever lived, arguably.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:27 pm 

BD wrote:
Lawrence Holmes: Simone Biles is the greatest athlete who has ever lived, arguably.

Discuss.

She is a female he hopes to get in the studio to be creepy with

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Curious Hair wrote:
brucester001 wrote:
Edelweis ice cream

Now that's a right-wing ice cream place!

Too small! Too white!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
BD wrote:

Discuss.

No

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
what sport does she play again ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:48 pm 

Bagels wrote:
what sport does she play again ?

The one that would cause terry boers to close his blinds

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
BD wrote:

They also opened the show with Leila laughing hysterically .

- leila wants the cubs to be loyal and keep hendricks.

- loho says the cubs need some big boppers. the angels had trout AND ohtani for a few years. hmmmm..

- did dan talk about the violence after the lgbtqrxdrs pride parade?

after observing twerkers atop cta buses and locals' cars, the feds were not impressed with the police organization, in lieu of the dem. convention.

why is dan ignoring issues that are important to marginalized people? still waiting for guidance about israel/palestine and whom to cheer for.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
I tuned in today for the first time in a long time. Dan was talking about the irony of why we celebrate the 4th (freedom from a monarchy) and that there are now MANY in this country who want a monarchy (Drumpf). I lasted all of 30 seconds.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
I tuned in today for the first time in a long time. Dan was talking about the irony of why we celebrate the 4th (freedom from a monarchy) and that there are now MANY in this country who want a monarchy (Drumpf). I lasted all of 30 seconds.

Dan is so far left and says things, like what you're mentioning, that is not true, but it doesn't stop him. I'm sure they covered journalistic integrity in the next segment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 94  Next