It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2024 Offseason
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
RFDC wrote:
Is a team led by Embiid ever going to be healthy?

That's the problem. He has to dial it back. Last year wasn't on him though. It was a dirty play that took him out.

Paul George is a damn good #2 option. The problem is Maxey. Great story but his style of play and skillset isn't conducive to winning. Horrible defender coupled with bad shot selection spells defeat every time. Hopefully he will accept being a 3rd option now. Something tells me that he won't however.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:34 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That's the problem. He has to dial it back. Last year wasn't on him though. It was a dirty play that took him out.

Paul George is a damn good #2 option. The problem is Maxey. Great story but his style of play and skillset isn't conducive to winning. Horrible defender coupled with bad shot selection spells defeat every time. Hopefully he will accept being a 3rd option now. Something tells me that he won't however.

what's the proper strategy to have embiid, george and maxey healthy and ready to play for playoffs? you cant just mothball them regular season because they need to get used to playing together. but thibs-ing them and playing them the full season seems like a bad idea due to injury possibilities. maybe mix of rest and having the 3 players make a conscience effort to not go full out for regular season basketball... use last 10 games and 1st round of playoffs as the easing in period to full go for all 3?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:14 am 

billypootons wrote:
RFDC wrote:

what's the proper strategy to have embiid, george and maxey healthy and ready to play for playoffs? you cant just mothball them regular season because they need to get used to playing together. but thibs-ing them and playing them the full season seems like a bad idea due to injury possibilities. maybe mix of rest and having the 3 players make a conscience effort to not go full out for regular season basketball... use last 10 games and 1st round of playoffs as the easing in period to full go for all 3?

Embiid has to change his style of play. He plays recklessly. That will help him. George played in 74 games last season but that could have been for the contract. George will suit up if he can go. Maxey doesn't have much of a history with injury.

It's really no secret sauce when it comes to injuries. With Embiid I just think he can cut back on his style of play somewhat that will help. He dives and flops too much. And all of the "Eurostepping" he does is too much also. He looks like a severe knee injury just waiting to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
billypootons wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Embiid has to change his style of play. He plays recklessly. That will help him. George played in 74 games last season but that could have been for the contract. George will suit up if he can go. Maxey doesn't have much of a history with injury.

It's really no secret sauce when it comes to injuries. With Embiid I just think he can cut back on his style of play somewhat that will help. He dives and flops too much. And all of the "Eurostepping" he does is too much also. He looks like a severe knee injury just waiting to happen.
Signing Andre Drummond should help as well. He's a solid back-up that should allow Embiid to sit more throughout the season.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:44 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
billypootons wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Signing Andre Drummond should help as well. He's a solid back-up that should allow Embiid to sit more throughout the season.

And they have a little cap space to sign a few role players too. Paul George will fit perfectly with them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Klay doesn't want to follow in his father's footsteps and play for the Lakers. He's taking his "talents" to Dallas for 3 years and $50M.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Klay doesn't want to follow in his father's footsteps and play for the Lakers. He's taking his "talents" to Dallas for 3 years and $50M.

Washed. Bad signing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:14 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Washed. Bad signing

Another perfect fit and a huge upgrade over Tim Hardaway Jr. They don't need Hall Of Fame Klay, just a viable 3rd option and spot up 3 point shooter when Luka and Kyrie get double team. The key is going to be can he still guard come playoff time. If he can then you might want to pencil Dallas back into the Finals.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:24 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Washed. Bad signing

Another perfect fit and a huge upgrade over Tim Hardaway Jr. They don't need Hall Of Fame Klay, just a viable 3rd option and spot up 3 point shooter when Luka and Kyrie get double team. The key is going to be can he still guard come playoff time. If he can then you might want to pencil Dallas back into the Finals.

Old and bad...13.9 PER and it will get worse.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:28 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Washed. Bad signing

Old and bad...13.9 PER and it will get worse.

In a down year he still shot 39% from 3. Playing with 2 of the best offensive players in the game he will so many wide open shots it's going to be crazy. That is if Luka decides to get off the ball sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:10 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Washed. Bad signing

Better than the PAW contract.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Douchebag wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Washed. Bad signing

Better than the PAW contract.

yea..... :lol:

i'm with Dr. Style on this one, it seems like a perfect fit for Klay , they obv need a 3rd scoring option

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:16 pm 

He'll certainly chuck it up there for 'em.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:30 pm 

18 pts per game on 39% shooting from 3 is hardly washed up. He fills a need and still has something left in his tank.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tatum just got 5 years and $314M with a trade kicker.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Klay Thompson left $30M on the table not to play with LeBron.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... _Gv8PNFrEA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:17 am 

Nas wrote:
Klay Thompson left $30M on the table not to play with LeBron.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... _Gv8PNFrEA

Lebron would take a pay cut to play with Klay, Valancunious or Harden? :lol:

like that's his list ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:32 am 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/so ... ngNewsSerp

What an absolute shitshow. 4 years for almost 8 million. What bottom of the 2nd round pick gets this? And then they all want to say nepotism had nothing to do with it.

Ridiculous

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:34 am 

RFDC wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/source-bronny-james-getting-4-year-79m-deal-with-lakers/ar-BB1plSTc?ocid=BingNewsSerp

What an absolute shitshow. 4 years for almost 8 million. What bottom of the 2nd round pick gets this? And then they all want to say nepotism had nothing to do with it.

Ridiculous

its going to be their marketing thing, since the team is going to be absolute shit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:38 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/source-bronny-james-getting-4-year-79m-deal-with-lakers/ar-BB1plSTc?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Ridiculous

The last pick a year ago. He was also a Rich Paul client.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:42 am 

Bagels wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Ridiculous

its going to be their marketing thing, since the team is going to be absolute shit

That could at least dress him up like badger

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:44 pm 

take that OKC !!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/404 ... r-contract

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Franz Wagner got at least $225M for his extension. Thanks, AK!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:47 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Ridiculous

4 years 8 million is basically the minimum for 4 years.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:33 pm 

Caleb Martin was a solid under the radar pickup by Philly. Hopefully Lowry will resign so that they will have a true point guard on the roster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Chris Duarte and a couple 2nds :lol:

I just looked up if the Bulls 1st Round pick next season I had thought they lost to Orlando is protected. I swear Nick Friedel or some insider on the Score said they didn’t have their own 1st in what should be a really really good 2025 draft. Turns out the Spurs own it from the DeRozan trade a few years back. The good news is it’s top 10 protected. So it’s a full on tank job this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brunson should be drug tested.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... 28V8XO6dIg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

It's official. He doesn't even have a billion dollar wife.

https://nypost.com/2024/07/12/sports/ja ... icks-boon/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:28 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next