It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:14 pm 

Bagels wrote:
RFDC wrote:
mark schlereth on today was great. He is hilarious. He was driving with his grandkids and it was something!

did he have a few cocktails?

I hope not, he was driving his grandkids to chik-fil-a

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:16 pm 

Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
mark schlereth on today was great. He is hilarious. He was driving with his grandkids and it was something!

Had a hilarious line about grandkids. Something about grandparents and grandkids bonding because they have a common enemy. Do you know the quote exactly? I was only half paying attention.

Yeah it was that he enjoys the grandparent experience so much because a grandparent and a grandchild both have a common enemy in the parent and they get to do everything they can to make their life miserable :lol:

Earlier in the interview he yelled at his grandkids to get their seatbelts buckled :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
So this was Danny Bernstein 's response to Trump shooting. Hope karma exists and some gang bangers are having a bad night soon near his northside house by WGN studios.

Dan Bernstein
@dan_bernstein
My young cousin just said "Surviving an assassination attempt with fist pumps is like getting an Infinity Gauntlet."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Curious Hair wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
dan said to turn away and run, from americans chanting u-s-a, u-s-a.

That's been a bit of his for 18 years.

nah, not a bit at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
dan said to turn away and run, from americans chanting u-s-a, u-s-a.

That's been a bit of his for 18 years.

nah, not a bit at all.

Jingoistic behavior is one of his targets.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
on air, dan begged marcus stroman to ignore a team usa call-up and play for team puerto rico. said playing with lindor is more fun than playing for team usa. dan also told mark de rosa, that he was all in on team israel, at the wbc.

dan picks and chooses which examples of nationalism are ok and which aren't. by coincidence, MLB's field of dreams game is also outdated. iowa, corn...middle america, all no good. wants the game played in the dominican rep.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
60 year old Dan is cutting edge.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
on air, dan begged marcus stroman to ignore a team usa call-up and play for team puerto rico. said playing with lindor is more fun than playing for team usa. dan also told mark de rosa, that he was all in on team israel, at the wbc.

dan picks and chooses which examples of nationalism are ok and which aren't. by coincidence, MLB's field of dreams game is also outdated. iowa, corn...middle america, all no good. wants the game played in the dominican rep.

That Field of Dreams game has run its course. It was always a gimmick and we've already seen the spectacle enough times that we don't need to see it for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Warren Newson wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

That Field of Dreams game has run its course. It was always a gimmick and we've already seen the spectacle enough times that we don't need to see it for a while.

its no BP Cup

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:01 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

its no BP Cup

Or Solheim Cup, which is the Ryder Cup for women.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bernstein said today he's hit one home run in his whole baseball playing days. I think he might be exaggerating the amount.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
vitoscotti wrote:
Bernstein said today he's hit one home run in his whole baseball playing days. I think he might be exaggerating the amount.

By how much?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:35 pm 

Darkside wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

By how much?

The inside the parker counts, motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:45 am 

little league ground ball single that rolled past the right fielder picking dandelions

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:39 pm 

I know this week is pretty boring without much sports stuff.

But a malort guest and chat?

Oy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Paired with Grote today, Dan sounded like a giant weight had been lifted off his chest and he could finally have fun again. Sounded like he appreciated having a cohost who was actually funny and capable of keeping a conversation interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Paired with Grote today, Dan sounded like a giant weight had been lifted off his chest and he could finally have fun again. Sounded like he appreciated having a cohost who was actually funny and capable of keeping a conversation interesting.

I am here for the Larry sideswipes! Nice work. Grote seems fun with anyone. I'm unclear why he got moved off the Cubs for the insufferable Zack Zaidman.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I assume the caller "Mario from Hyde Park" is Leery?

Dan and Leila ask callers for their Bears Action Plan.

"Mario" calls with his Bears thoughts, but before he gets to that he says it's his birthday today. At the end of the call they ask about his plans for his birthday. He says he can't go out and get too crazy tonight because he's moderating a panel discussion tomorrow. The follow up question is, quite naturally, what the panel discussion is about. It's about Black...things.

A man in his 50s announcing it's his birthday is on-brand for someone like Leery.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:
I assume the caller "Mario from Hyde Park" is Leery?

Dan and Leila ask callers for their Bears Action Plan.

"Mario" calls with his Bears thoughts, but before he gets to that he says it's his birthday today. At the end of the call they ask about his plans for his birthday. He says he can't go out and get too crazy tonight because he's moderating a panel discussion tomorrow. The follow up question is, quite naturally, what the panel discussion is about. It's about Black...things.

A man in his 50s announcing it's his birthday is on-brand for someone like Leery.

Dan just did this bit a few weeks ago. Holmes, in typical fashion, repeats what Dan does. Such hilarious radio.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Sounds like Bernstein having extremely high blood pressure and anxiety issues. Hope he feels better and gets things under control.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Dan Bernstein, anxious? Whaaat?

BP is easily fixable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Sounds like Bernstein having extremely high blood pressure and anxiety issues. Hope he feels better and gets things under control.

Democracy is on the line in 2024.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Larry did allude to the Bernstine Grote pairing on Monday as an aside, said something like, "well hey if some of the listeners liked the yuk a muk time with grote then Fine i guess."

Yeah larry. That's what I want. I want fun radio with a guy who can give and take and be funny. I want a non creepy guy without an inferiority complex to either get to the point once in a while or at least have fun on the air.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Larry did allude to the Bernstine Grote pairing on Monday as an aside, said something like, "well hey if some of the listeners liked the yuk a muk time with grote then Fine i guess."

Yeah larry. That's what I want. I want fun radio with a guy who can give and take and be funny. I want a non creepy guy without an inferiority complex to either get to the point once in a while or at least have fun on the air.

I was so high on Leery back when he had his little 2-hour punch and judy show, because I thought he was that. He sounded like he could be the fun, comic book/wrestling nerd who didn't take sports too seriously. For some reason he saw Jason Goff fall up stairs with the angry race hustling bit, and El Senor abides.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

I was so high on Leery back when he had his little 2-hour punch and judy show, because I thought he was that. He sounded like he could be the fun, comic book/wrestling nerd who didn't take sports too seriously. For some reason he saw Jason Goff fall up stairs with the angry race hustling bit, and El Senor abides.

I always found his 2 hour show odd because he just replayed interviews from other shows and it was a "Best of the Score".

He's since though, as you said, become a grifter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
BD wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

I always found his 2 hour show odd because he just replayed interviews from other shows and it was a "Best of the Score".

He was always a grifter. Playing other people’s content was his way of avoiding being the host of the show he was hosting.

Guy sucks. I think he’s mechanically adept at radio hosting, but I assume that’s all stuff that an be taught.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
BD wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

He was always a grifter. Playing other people’s content was his way of avoiding being the host of the show he was hosting.

Guy sucks. I think he’s mechanically adept at radio hosting, but I assume that’s all stuff that an be taught.

Absolutely. I'm OK with a dork who wants to talk about comic books, superhero movies, and his Lance Briggs fetish, but you need to be able to formulate an original--or at least coherent--thought about those niche topics to maintain my interest. Holmes has never been able to do that. He has pretty good interviewing skills--as far as Score hosts go, at least--but he really doesn't offer much beyond that. He's a thin-skinned narcissist whose sports knowledge amounts to little more than a recitation of advanced stats that anyone with access to Google can find. Despite all of these flaws, however, he's still less annoying than Leila.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:16 am 

TriColoredPastas wrote:

Grote has an inferiority complex and I bet can be plenty creepy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:23 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

could just be a plug for that on line therapy he's been pimping

We look at him working four hours a day, making a big salary with no demands and having a loving extended family and think there couldn't be anything that would cause stress. We don't know the half of what goes on in a person's life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Grote has an inferiority complex and I bet can be plenty creepy

He's still vastly more entertaining than Holmes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 94  Next