It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
You may not agree with him, but Wiederer is the only media guy who generally isn't afraid to tell you what they think about players or coaches. Cronin is also solid, but she's been cozying up to management lately. I hope my girl isn't compromised.

I generally find Schrock to be honest and accurate in his observations. He was not part of the lemming contingent who assiduously worked to get Fields over. Hoge and Jahns were egregious in this respect, especially at the beginning of the Fields era.

I don't consume Schrock much. He's usually on with Kenneth Davis, and I have no use for that guy. Crying because Fields got traded is next level craziness.

:lol:

Ken Davis is a kook, but I still find him entertaining.

Schrock never bought into the Fields hype. He seems to be a reliable reporter, which is why I find his enthusiasm for Williams encouraging.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:45 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bigoted Message Board Dope wrote:
Fields will be a week 1 NFL starter. Book it!

Steelers Beat Writer Mark Kaboly wrote:
Wilson did nothing through 12 practices to even slightly indicate he could lose the quarterback competition to Justin Fields. The work ethic, the experience, the arm talent and the fact he basically took all of the first-team snaps strongly suggest that nothing Wilson can do between July 24 and Sept. 8 would prevent him from starting...outside of getting hurt.

You couldn’t have asked for much more out of Wilson during OTAs and minicamp, on the field and off it. His leadership is more than noticeable, and that’s been true since the first day he showed up. What stood out was his arm talent, whether it was a throw in the flat, at the goal line or down the field.

But unlike Wilson, he has a lot of obstacles to overcome for an opportunity this year. Fields didn’t get many first-team reps, and that’s significant come training camp. More than that, you can see what made him a first-round pick … and also what made the Chicago Bears move on. The arm strength, speed and playmaking with his legs are undeniable. However, he showed inconsistent accuracy and relied on his feet too quickly after the first read. That stuff can be fixed, but maybe not throughout a training camp.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/556465 ... in-fields/

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Just Read Something where supposedly Caleb Williams turned down millions of dollars in NIL money so that his linemen at USC could get the bread. Now that's cool if true.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Just Read Something where supposedly Caleb Williams turned down millions of dollars in NIL money so that his linemen at USC could get the bread. Now that's cool if true.

He didn't turn down the money, he made them include them in the deal.

A one off is cool, but the NFL is ruthless. He looked out for "his guys" too much in college. That will bite him in the ass in the NFL. Hopefully, his father still has a lot of influence.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:00 am 

Seems like the Steelers offensive Coordinator is really impressed with the talent of one Justin Fields. Shocking
https://steelersdepot.com/2024/07/riddi ... ne-player/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:23 am 

Seems like the Steelers offensive Coordinator is really impressed with the talent of one Justin Fields. Shocking

So the coach is never quoted, just Riddick commenting on what he believes he knows. Did you really read the article?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:

all that $$$ just to go .500 in conference and lose to Utah 3 times

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:42 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

all that $$$ just to go .500 in conference and lose to Utah 3 times

:lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: John's

I hate to break it to you, but non padded 7 on 7 practices are about as worthless as NBA Summer League games

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but non padded 7 on 7 practices are about as worthless as NBA Summer League games

Who cares. Everybody is watching baseball. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next 7 inning no hitter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:15 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Both are "intrinsically" much more valuable than anything you post however.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:16 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

The article you posted brags about Fields possibly becoming the next Marcus Mariota. I'm not sure you understand the "nuances" of football.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:25 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The article you posted brags about Fields possibly becoming the next Marcus Mariota. I'm not sure you understand the "nuances" of football.

Bob I was watching Football decades before you ever held your first Anti Affirmative Action meeting. I have forgotten more football than you'll ever know. Your "nuance" is attributable to having played Madden as a kid. Which is hardly "nuance". I don't follow the game as much as I used to, but it's mostly because I tired of the same ol repetitive Bear arguments that used to creep up on Sports radio all of the time. As well as it being an oversaturated product.
I hadn't posted much in this section for MANY of the same reasons. However if I ever wanted to "brush up" on my football "information", you're one of the last dudes I'd ever turn to for that. When it comes to football knowledge, you're Mr. Irrelevant.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:28 am 

I don't follow the game as I used to,

That's painfully obvious. I'll bring you up to speed, Marcus Mariota isn't a good NFL quarterback, but probably the ceiling of Justin Fields.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:30 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

That's painfully obvious. I'll bring you up to speed, Marcus Mariota isn't a good NFL quarterback, but probably the ceiling of Justin Fields.

Again what I know about Football is light years ahead of you Madden Joy Stick Carrier.
You're the Butt of the 80% -90% of the jokes in this section... And suggesting that 7 on 7s have no value is about as idiotic as suggesting that the NFL combine has no value.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Caller Bob wrote:

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Young GOAT!

I'm holding my cock in my hand at this very moment

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:37 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Again what I know about Football is light years ahead of you Madden Joy Stick Carrier.
You're the Butt of the 80% -90% of the jokes in this section... And suggesting that 7 on 7s have no value is about as idiotic as suggesting that the NFL combine has no value.

Well the next time you want to "prove your point" don't post an article in which QB "A" is comped to career backup QB.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:37 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:53 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Well the next time you want to "prove your point" don't post an article in which QB "A" is comped to career backup QB.

Marcus Mariota has been a STARTER in over 80% of his games as an NFL QB
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... riMa01.htm

But remember Caller Bob is one who understands the "nuances" of the game doesn’t he? :lol: : :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:23 pm 

I know hes new to this football stuff, but does anyone wanna let LTG know that Marcus Mariota is widely viewed as a draft bust

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:26 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

But remember Caller Bob is one who understands the "nuances" of the game doesn’t he? :lol: : :lol:

I'm sure you'll deny it but you do realize that those numbers don't include games he didn't play in even if he was the backup right? (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has been a STARTER for over 80% of his games as an NFL QB too then.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:31 pm 

They tried to portray him as best they could in Quarterbacks on Netflix, but even so he was a train wreck. Him practicing his line calls at the kitchen counter with his wife was pretty funny. Let's just say what Marcus spent his time on as a professional QB was light years away from what Mahomes and Cousins were spending their time on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:39 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I know hes new to this football stuff, but does anyone wanna let LTG know that Marcus Mariota is widely viewed as a draft bust

This dude made the "proverbial pivot" away from the "career backup" comment faster than Caldwell Jones in his prime.
Caller Bob if you don't even know what is meant by the term "career backup" should u really have anything to say sports related? Just Asking A Question.

Stick to hunting "DEI Hired Candidates" why don't ya?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Good guy Marcus Mariota

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:45 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'm sure you'll deny it but you do realize that those numbers don't include games he didn't play in even if he was the backup right? (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has been a STARTER for over 80% of his games as an NFL QB too then.

Brick explain how he has been a career backup instead of once again "gaslighting" The argument. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:55 pm 

Brick explain how he has been a career backup instead of once again "gaslighting" The argument. Thanks.
It's not gaslighting to point out that you were using a flawed statistic. Without looking into injury history, he has started 19 games in the past 5 years. That's roughly out of 83 games.

He, just like (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and Fields, seem destined to being a career backup after they failed to stay at their first destination even after being given a lot of games to prove they could do it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:55 pm 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Mariota

Quote:
2020 season
See also: 2020 Las Vegas Raiders season
On March 25, 2020, Mariota signed a two-year, $17.6 million contract with the Las Vegas Raiders.[146]

Mariota was placed on injured reserve on September 7, 2020.[147] He was designated to return from injured reserve on September 30, and began practicing with the team again.[148] Mariota was activated on October 20.[149]

Mariota made his Raiders debut in the first quarter of a Week 15 matchup against the Chargers after starter Derek Carr left the game with a groin injury. Mariota completed 17 of 28 passes for 226 yards, a touchdown, and an interception and rushed for 88 yards and a touchdown as the Raiders lost 30–27 in overtime.[150][151

Quote:
2021 season
See also: 2021 Las Vegas Raiders season
Mariota entered the season as the backup to Derek Carr.

Quote:
On December 8, 2022, Mariota was benched in favor of Ridder for the Falcons' Week 15 game against the Saints

Quote:
On March 20, 2023, Mariota signed a one-year, $5 million deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.[164] In a backup role to Jalen Hurts, he appeared in three games.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Caller Bob wrote:

Quote:
2020 season
On March 25, 2020, Mariota signed a two-year, $17.6 million contract with the Las Vegas Raiders.[146]

Mariota was placed on injured reserve on September 7, 2020.[147] He was designated to return from injured reserve on September 30, and began practicing with the team again.[148] Mariota was activated on October 20.[149]

Mariota made his Raiders debut in the first quarter of a Week 15 matchup against the Chargers after starter Derek Carr left the game with a groin injury. Mariota completed 17 of 28 passes for 226 yards, a touchdown, and an interception and rushed for 88 yards and a touchdown as the Raiders lost 30–27 in overtime.[150][151

Quote:
2021 season

Quote:
On December 8, 2022, Mariota was benched in favor of Ridder for the Falcons' Week 15 game against the Saints

Quote:
On March 20, 2023, Mariota signed a one-year, $5 million deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.[164] In a backup role to Jalen Hurts, he appeared in three games.

He started 13 games in 2022.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:06 pm 

Hussra wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:19 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Quote:
2020 season

Quote:
2021 season

Quote:

Quote:

He started 13 games in 2022.

Eventually displaced for the Great Desmon Ridder. Come back when you have a point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 75  Next