It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 48  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Friday, December 16, 2005
One Step Closer to ESPN Radio

ESPN Radio Personality and Local Resident, Mike Ogulnick (left)

Last Thursday, I had the great pleasure to meet and speak with an ESPN Radio talk show host, Mike Ogulnick. While I was at home getting ready for my show, I had my station, WRLR 98.3, on in the family room. The show of the hour just happened to be my very own Mayor, Mayor Bill Gentes, hosting his Village Voices program.

The Mayor had started his show and quickly introduced his guest for the hour, Mike Ogulnick. Now, the Mayor usually has on political speaking guests so I had to stop to make sure I heard what I just heard. I was pretty excited when I realized that I was going to be meeting someone who works at my dream job at ESPN Radio 1000.

Mike currently hosts the pre and post show for the Bulls on the radio and works with 1220 AM out of Waukegan on occasion.

As you can see by my picture above, I was sucking up by wearing my ESPN jersey.

posted by Sean @ Friday, December 16, 2005 1 comments

Link: http://seansdiner.blogspot.com/2005_12_ ... chive.html[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

from http://experts.about.com/q/Tips-Buying- ... /lease.htm

Topic: Tips on Buying Cars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expert: Bud Ford
Date: 2/3/2005
Subject: Getting out of a lease

Question
-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
Mr. Ford,

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima SE. When I leased the car, I unfortunately signed up for a five-year lease with a mileage limit of 12,000 per year. My lease isn't up until October 2006 and I am 3,000 miles away from reaching my limit for the lease.

I would very much like to get another car in the fall, but I don't know if it's possible. By then, my car will have around 65-to-70,000 miles on it. I realize I'll be upside-down, but I just don't know by how much.

Do I have any options? Do you see any way that I'll be able to get out of my lease 12-14 months early, especially with a car that might be as many as 10,000 miles over the limit?

Thanks very much,
Mike Ogulnick
Answer -
Hi Mike and thanks for the question. Unfortunately you have discovered the bad side of leasing. The correct answer to your question is NO. There are many plans currently being offered by dealers and manufacturers now but they all add the defecit on your current vehicle to the new vehicle you are going to lease/purchase. The wordage on the first page of the lease(which is not the page you signed, rather the back of that page) is that you will make all payments no matter when you turn in the vehicle and that you will be responsible to the vehicle inreasonable condition and agreed to miles. There are a lot of programs out there who offer to take over your lease, but be aware, unless you get an UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE from the lease company you are still responsible for all charges at the lease end, as well as during the remainder of the lease. Best bet is probably try to put as few miles as possible on the vehicle, go to term, and do not lease again unless there are valid reasons to do so. If you have further specific questions feel free to let me know. Best of luck to you. Bud

Mr. Ford,

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. After your answer, I feel I'm in quite a quandry. While I can try to put as few miles as possible on the car, often times I have no choice. I work 50 miles away from home, and have to drive in at least a couple times a week.

I want to see if I understand completely what you said. I always thought if I turned the car in early, I would be responsible for the difference between what the buyout amount is on the car and the value of the car. You said I would be responsible for the rest of the payments. Is that right? If so, I can see why unloading the car early is virtually impossible.

I have heard that if your six months or less from the lease ending, dealerships will be more willing to help you get out. Is that the case, or will I absolutely have to wait until October 2006?

Thanks again,
Mike

Answer
Hi Mike and hello again. While there are always different programs being offered by different dealers/makers/finance cos. the facts still remain the same. If you have a copy of your lease agreement you should read it(some lawyers have a problem understanding it) and see what your specific obligations are, but I will bet you are responsible like I said before. Sometimes, if you have a dealer you work with and your vehicle is very desireable they will work with you to a degree by cutting the profit they make on the lease, but this is strictly something you have to negotiated. Again, best of luck to you. Bud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

From: http://experts.about.com/q/Advertising- ... anning.htm

Topic: Advertising

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expert: Peter Gabany
Date: 10/17/2004
Subject: A career in media planning

Question
-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
Mr. Gabany,

I have been in sports radio for the past 18 years, but I am considering a career change. With my background, a friend of mine suggested media planning, which sounds very interesting to me.

What do I need to do in order to get into a field like media planning? I understand that it's hard to switch gears after being in an industry for so long, but at age 38, this is the time to give it a shot.

I appreciate any advice you send my way.

Thanks,
Mike Ogulnick

Answer -
Mike,

I don't believe that you are long in the tooth at all for this move - in fact it might be a great leap forward. But don't discount media sales either. I don't suggest that you sell media for small stations but in fact utilize you knowledge in sports radio and go after some choice media channels.

If you position yourself well and you are a sporting, out-going individual you could find yourself in the 6 figure range for salary and commissions.

Media planning is a different beast and so is the salary range - $40 - $80+. It takes a strong negotiation to saddle the best bang for the buck with media dealers. You know from radio there is the carded rate, the frequency rate and then the well we can let you have it rate. You can use this knowledge to be very beneficial for your employer/clients.

I have no idea where you are from, but let me know and I may have some agencies I can put you in touch with. Barring that, visit a reputable agency and meet with a media planner, buyer, scheduler and pick their brain. There is general schooling for this but most of this is learned the way you have already.

Please let me know how you make out and if I can help you further.

Pete

Mr. Gabany,

Thank you very much for you quick response. Another friend of mine brought up media sales and that's something else I'd consider.

I live in Chicago, so if you know of any agencies here, I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Mike

Answer
<http://advertising.utexas.edu/world/index.asp?pageid=Agencies_Menu>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:09 am 

Hey, C, what in the hell does this matter anymore, anyways?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:11 am 
1000 CLUB

Fan-tastic wrote:

Just doing my best to keep the thread alive for Anusface's eventual return...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Keep it up, C. I love getting into the mind of the wise, the powerful, the enigmatic OG. The OG will NEVER DIE the legend will only grow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:01 pm 

C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
Fan-tastic wrote:

Thanks for posting the car lease question, LOL!!!!! That's one of my all time favorites.

OG will never die. The memories are just so much fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
Fan-tastic wrote:

He better have the best project ever. He's been gone for months!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Quote:
Keep it up, C. I love getting into the mind of the wise, the powerful, the enigmatic OG.

I agree with Hawkeye--keep the excavation of OG's life and times coming.
If I may make a suggestion, perhaps you or someone else could provide one of OG's old shopping lists, a page from his memoirs while working at AM 1000, a reminiscence from one of OG's former instructors at Schaumburg High School, or even details of his encounters with service industry workers....Let's build an Encyclopedia Ogulnick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:00 pm 
Fan-tastic wrote:

Hey OG. Since you've moved on to the Rangers and escaped us, what in the hell are you still reading (and POSTING on) the message boards for anyways? :-)

Keep it up. We like the educational reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:02 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Quote:
Keep it up, C. I love getting into the mind of the wise, the powerful, the enigmatic OG.

I agree with Hawkeye--keep the excavation of OG's life and times coming.
If I may make a suggestion, perhaps you or someone else could provide one of OG's old shopping lists, a page from his memoirs while working at AM 1000, a reminiscence from one of OG's former instructors at Schaumburg High School, or even details of his encounters with service industry workers....Let's build an Encyclopedia Ogulnick!

I agree.

It would certainly to be more entertaining and more readable than most of your posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Besides, we're at 1100 posts now. It would be a shame to let it die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yo OG...What are your thoughts on former Cubs great John Koronka toeing the rubber tonight against Mike Maroth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:10 pm 

Al Barlick wrote:
Yo OG...What are your thoughts on former Cubs great John Koronka toeing the rubber tonight against Mike Maroth?

Hey Al:

None of your business! Tune in to find out. BTW, Why don't you go polish Drinky's knob some more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Radio Programmer wrote:
Al Barlick wrote:

Hey Al:

None of your business! Tune in to find out. BTW, Why don't you go polish Drinky's knob some more.

I was asking OG, not Seacrest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
I agree.

It would certainly to be more entertaining and more readable than most of your posts.

....Yes, and that should go without saying. Few things could prove more entertaining than the half-witted bumblings of a marginal broadcasting talent simultaneously struggling to come to terms with and avoid the realization of his own mediocrity. In many ways, the OG is the everyman of the contemporary broadcasting scene....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Al Barlick wrote:
Radio Programmer wrote:
Al Barlick wrote:

Hey Al:

Dear Al:

Please stop sending me private messages. I am in a long term relationship with a woman.

Leave me out of your little karaoke triangle. I speak for all of us here when I say your personal life is of no interest to any of us. Perhaps, you can find a young divorcee who doesn't no any better to date you. Or some lonely female at the nexrt B&B producer bar night.

But please, no more private messages. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Dear Al:

Please stop sending me private messages. I am in a long term relationship with a woman.

Leave me out of your little karaoke triangle. I speak for all of us here when I say your personal life is of no interest to any of us. Perhaps, you can find a young divorcee who doesn't no any better to date you. Or some lonely female at the nexrt B&B producer bar night.

I'm glad to hear that my personal life is of no interest to you. I assure you, I could give 2 shits if you are dating someone or not (although you might want to double check for an adam's apple and tuck job). Please stop having homoerotic fantasies about me, and please stop obsessing over any friendships I may have with your co-workers. I used to think you had intelligent posts on the board, but now for some reason you have become sidetracked and obsessed with what I do or post on the board. Perhaps next time you see my name next to a post, you can feel free to scroll past it. Thanks for your time and rest assured, I have been in a relationship with a beautiful woman for almost 2 years and as much to your dismay, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:57 pm 

HEY SEACREST DON'T BE A BITTER PRICK BECAUSE YOU GET STUCK ANSWERING PAUL'S PHONE WHILE ANDE IS AT LUNCH EVERYDAY. GO GET YOUR SOUP OUT OF SMURPH'S SINK AND WIPE THE SAND OUT OF YOUR VAGINA.

THANKS! MITCH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:
Al Barlick wrote:
Radio Programmer wrote:
Al Barlick wrote:

Hey Al:

Dear Al:

:wink: Enough said!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:37 pm 

Al Barlick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I have been in a relationship with a beautiful woman for almost 2 years .

Post some pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Al Barlick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I have been in a relationship with a beautiful woman for almost 2 years .

Post some pictures

So all of you can make inappropriate comments or Seacrest can stalk me? Not likely. If you're really THAT interested, PM me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
I am in a long term relationship with a woman.

Is she aware of this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:17 pm 

Al Barlick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Al Barlick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
So all of you can make inappropriate comments .

Yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Coach Crapowski wrote:
Good to see this topic finally move on to discuss some imaginary women.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

:oops:

Friendly bump in honor of Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:57 pm 

Hey OG,
I noticed the Bulls started playing better as soon as you left. I also noticed the Rangers have sucked since you got there. Are you a human jinx?
Do the Rangers fans hate you yet?

I just didn't want you and your family thinking we have forgotten what a jerk you are. I'm sure the Texas folks will tire of you also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:37 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
ok, this is my first week back to these forums since last year.

i haven't lived in chicago for a while so was never lucky enough to have expereienced OG.

So question 1 : why was face banned? was he banned? why do you guys fear his return if you fear it?

2.Whats the whole car thing about?

3.does this OG guy still work in chicago?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
HawaiiYou wrote:
ok, this is my first week back to these forums since last year.

i haven't lived in chicago for a while so was never lucky enough to have expereienced OG.

So question 1 : why was face banned? was he banned? why do you guys fear his return if you fear it?

2.Whats the whole car thing about?

3.does this OG guy still work in chicago?

1. Anusface wasnt banned, he is doing some big college project that he said took too much time to surf the board.

2. The car deal was some sort of lease that OG had through working at the station. Crap that the majority of us dont care about, except those with some sort of personal agenda.

3. No, OG left the Bulls pre/post Mid to late March to become the new pre post voice for the Texas Rangers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 48  Next