It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Uncle Joe
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Who's the party of Nazis again?

Dumbass, you've already got the Nazi vote locked up. The concern would be the 1.5M Muslim voters.

You idiot, they don't have to worry about white nationalists rejecting Jews! They have to worry about Muslims rejecting Jews!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
You had 100% of people being told Biden was too old since 2019. I'm sure that had nothing to do with democrat voters preferring a younger candidate. Besides, generic candidates always do well. There wasn't a candidate who could have beaten Biden because of the advantages that come with being an incumbent and because the most important democrat voting blocs were loyal to him. Anecdotally speaking, MANY appear to be pissed about this election theft. I saw folks hammering Obama and Chuy online.

He clearly aged considerably over 4 years. His handlers are the ones to blame for this situation. I look back to when they turned down the pre-Super Bowl interview. At the time it seemed odd considering it was a perfect opportunity to highlight his accomplishments & counter the narrative that everything was going to hell in a handbasket in front of a huge and varied audience. The lack of messaging has always been a Dem deficiency and even more so with the Biden administration since he did so few interviews. After the debate it became clear that he was purposely being sheltered. That is what supporters should be angry about. They should have convinced him to bow out George Costanza style, and a real primary could have ensued. Instead they put him through what must have been a horribly stressful and embarrassing several weeks.

Going back to the Obama years, his handlers were afraid of Biden saying things he shouldn't say. That was already baked in for the public. He was called Uncle Joe for that very reason.

I think the interview thing is overblown. He wasn't tucked away in a basement. He literally held more public events than Trump or Obama and was glad-handing his colleagues for significantly longer than even a Bill Clinton would.

His people failed him by allowing him to get additional plastic surgeries after 2018 and by trying to make him publicly be someone he could never be. Those things helped feed the narrative.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
8.5 million barrels per day
Petroleum imports into the U.S. 2000-2023
Total petroleum imports into the United States amounted to 8.5 million barrels per day in 2023. This represents an increase in comparison to 2022.

the statistics don't lie, neither do the markets. the markets (spot and futures) understood biden's anti fossil fuel focus. oil and gas prices went up.

you can shit all over trump and those who felt some of his various policies were good (i feel this way about energy) for america, which is fine. what i don't understand is why don't you own biden's anti-fossil fuel focus, which caused energy prices to rise (regardless of slower world economy/covid, american borderline economic recession in 2022). that rise in energy is arguably the cause of biden's inflation spike that must also be owned by biden and his supporters. that same spike which will used against the democrats for the next few months.
You broke that into so many comments that it makes it hard to legibly respond, so I'll pare it down.

First of all, we export and import oil because it's sold on a global market. The idea that we keep the oil we produce is simply inaccurate. The price fluctuates based on the global supply, not the U.S. supply. Russia is a huge portion of that market. The war & subsequent sanctions affected the marketplace. OPEC also plays a roll when they opt to tighten production. I would also note that Biden expedited the construction of an oil pipeline in West Virginia and approved the Willow oil project in Alaska (over the opposition of environmental activists).

As for fuel related inflation, that was inevitable. We went for a year with practically nobody driving and excess supply drove prices into the ground. The opposite occurred when demand increased and the suppliers had not returned to full production. Similar problems with the supply chain also drove up costs. A post-covid splurge in spending (both by consumers and the government) exacerbated the problem. Finally, many businesses saw this as an opportunity to significantly bump up prices under the guise of inflation and labor shortages. Out of these factors, you could blame the Biden administration for the excess government spending (which is likely true), but we also emerged from the covid collapse faster and stronger than any other major economy in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:47 am 

Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
You had 100% of people being told Biden was too old since 2019. I'm sure that had nothing to do with democrat voters preferring a younger candidate. Besides, generic candidates always do well. There wasn't a candidate who could have beaten Biden because of the advantages that come with being an incumbent and because the most important democrat voting blocs were loyal to him. Anecdotally speaking, MANY appear to be pissed about this election theft. I saw folks hammering Obama and Chuy online.

He clearly aged considerably over 4 years. His handlers are the ones to blame for this situation. I look back to when they turned down the pre-Super Bowl interview. At the time it seemed odd considering it was a perfect opportunity to highlight his accomplishments & counter the narrative that everything was going to hell in a handbasket in front of a huge and varied audience. The lack of messaging has always been a Dem deficiency and even more so with the Biden administration since he did so few interviews. After the debate it became clear that he was purposely being sheltered. That is what supporters should be angry about. They should have convinced him to bow out George Costanza style, and a real primary could have ensued. Instead they put him through what must have been a horribly stressful and embarrassing several weeks.

Going back to the Obama years, his handlers were afraid of Biden saying things he shouldn't say. That was already baked in for the public. He was called Uncle Joe for that very reason.

I think the interview thing is overblown. He wasn't tucked away in a basement. He literally held more public events than Trump or Obama and was glad-handing his colleagues for significantly longer than even a Bill Clinton would.

His people failed him by allowing him to get additional plastic surgeries after 2018 and by trying to make him publicly be someone he could never be. Those things helped feed the narrative.
Many of the people who have met with him in recent times have acknowledged a decline. These are mostly supporters, many of whom are friends (this also was the case in Reagan's final year). Nas, I wish it weren't the case but he is not the guy who won in 2020.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Total petroleum imports into the United States amounted to 8.5 million barrels per day in 2023. This represents an increase in comparison to 2022.

the statistics don't lie, neither do the markets. the markets (spot and futures) understood biden's anti fossil fuel focus. oil and gas prices went up.

you can shit all over trump and those who felt some of his various policies were good (i feel this way about energy) for america, which is fine. what i don't understand is why don't you own biden's anti-fossil fuel focus, which caused energy prices to rise (regardless of slower world economy/covid, american borderline economic recession in 2022). that rise in energy is arguably the cause of biden's inflation spike that must also be owned by biden and his supporters. that same spike which will used against the democrats for the next few months.
You broke that into so many comments that it makes it hard to legibly respond, so I'll pare it down.

First of all, we export and import oil because it's sold on a global market. The idea that we keep the oil we produce is simply inaccurate. The price fluctuates based on the global supply, not the U.S. supply. Russia is a huge portion of that market. The war & subsequent sanctions affected the marketplace. OPEC also plays a roll when they opt to tighten production. I would also note that Biden expedited the construction of an oil pipeline in West Virginia and approved the Willow oil project in Alaska (over the opposition of environmental activists).

As for fuel related inflation, that was inevitable. We went for a year with practically nobody driving and excess supply drove prices into the ground. The opposite occurred when demand increased and the suppliers had not returned to full production. Similar problems with the supply chain also drove up costs. A post-covid splurge in spending (both by consumers and the government) exacerbated the problem. Finally, many businesses saw this as an opportunity to significantly bump up prices under the guise of inflation and labor shortages. Out of these factors, you could blame the Biden administration for the excess government spending (which is likely true), but we also emerged from the covid collapse faster and stronger than any other major economy in the world.

yeah. thanks for cleaning everything up.

i'm going to ask you how many offshore lease sales has biden's administration approved since biden took office?

Quote:
Last week, President Biden said he would “work like the devil” to bring down gasoline prices. Somehow, after more than half a year of watching him beg Russia and OPEC to increase their oil production while making it more difficult for American oil and natural gas producers, we’re skeptical. But here are a few simple ideas to help the president channel his inner Lucifer and reduce energy prices.

Move forward with leasing on federal public lands. The government is required to conduct quarterly lease sales, but since President Biden banned leasing during his first week in office, later overturned by a federal judge, there has not been one lease sale on federal lands. The Interior Department just missed the deadline for holding a lease sale this quarter. He could instruct the department to move forward with leasing now.
Stop the Biden administration’s regulatory overreach agenda. The Interior Department, Environmental Protection Agency, Securities and Exchange Commission, and other agencies are moving forward aggressively with regulations meant to make American oil and natural gas production more expensive. When you make something more expensive, you get less of it and higher prices for consumers. Simply halt the deluge of new regulation meant to slow American production.

i'm not sure why pro-biden posters don't embrace biden's anti fossil fuel agenda? is it similar to the trump tariff conundrum? all of a sudden, many experts that post here stopped posting about trump tariffs that biden continued and some tariffs that were expanded.

luckily for the usa consumer, the indians and chinese have ignored biden's plea to economically strangle russia and not buy their oil - otherwise, we'd be looking at oil in the $100s/bbl.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Many of the people who have met with him in recent times have acknowledged a decline. These are mostly supporters, many of whom are friends (this also was the case in Reagan's final year). Nas, I wish it weren't the case but he is not the guy who won in 2020.

Those 10 second twitter clips finally caught up to him !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:22 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
You and others kept on saying it for the past 5 years and eventually it was right!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:24 am 

Brick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
You and others kept on saying it for the past 5 years and eventually it was right!

Yup

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:37 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't find that relevant. He is the guy people voted for four months ago.

You can say "shame on us" for voting for him, but we did vote for this Joe Biden

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:40 am 

denisdman wrote:
I have no real feel for what voters are going to think of Harris. Throughout the last four years, she has consistently had negative ratings usually below Biden’s poor ratings. The only issue I can see playing well for her is abortion, and it is a powerful issue at the state level.

But the problems with foreign affairs, Afghanistan, Gaza and Ukraine, immigration concerns, and inflation are all going to stick to her like they did with Biden. In my little corner of Trump’s America, inflation is all people talk about. Not a day goes by where someone does not complain how much stuff costs at the grocery store. And as we know, lower income folks spend a much higher percentage of their incomes on basic needs. For all their faults, Trump and Vance make the play for lower income voters even though I believe their economic prescriptions are wrong for America (tariffs, tighter immigrant, etc).

This has been quite the election season. There are also some pretty interesting Senate races. There is a lot at stake.

The people who are voting with abortion being the only or #1 issue were already going to enthusiastically vote Dem in this election

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:41 am 
100000 CLUB

This is a mind blowing headline.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stage-set-fi ... 36259.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:41 am 

on some very real and depressing level, what do I care?

It's the appearance of democracy versus a lesser appearance of democracy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:46 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

The illusion of democracy, even with media and donor influence, is far better than the coup we just watched

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Once Kamala gets the nomination, will Biden wake up and find out he also resigned the Presidency?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:54 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The illusion of democracy, even with media and donor influence, is far better than the coup we just watched

you wrote it better.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:57 am 

The ONE time in these delegates lives these schtutzes can actually have significance and they immediately roll over for nothing more than a belly rub.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:17 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Once Kamala gets the nomination, will Biden wake up and find out he also resigned the Presidency?

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Joe might be the worst POTUS we have had.

George W. Bush was the worst president we ever had, but in support of your argument, Joe Biden was with him every step of the way on invading Iraq.

Respectfully disagree.

Fine, worst president of the modern era. I'm sure James Buchanan was worse if you want to go that deep. But I don't think we've ever truly recovered from the damage to the world and the imperialization of the office that Cheney and the neocons brought upon us. Reagan right up there as well between the AIDS benign neglect and the erosion of the middle class.

Biden was neither as bad nor as great as his respective sides made him out to be. After Trump, the American people understandably rejected the notion of a single figure as head of government in favor of a more committee/bureaucracy-based organization competently administering our decline, and that's more or less what we got. Now, it seems like maybe we don't like that idea so much after all. The gears of the machine kept running for four years, which has to count for something, but "greatest president since FDR" was always horseshit.

Agree with Curious on George W being the worst. Patriot Act and War...we are still suffering the consequences. I also do think there's some accountability owed to him for 9/11 occurring under his first Presidential term.

Recency bias may play a role, but I'd put Obama's 8 years as more destructive than Reagan's. The better comp is who was more destructive as 1-term POTUS....Biden, Carter, HW, Trump. I do not think History is going to be kind to the Biden legacy.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:31 pm 

What date will Nas come out in full support of Kamala? Been with her since the start!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
BigW72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:

George W. Bush was the worst president we ever had, but in support of your argument, Joe Biden was with him every step of the way on invading Iraq.

Respectfully disagree.

Fine, worst president of the modern era. I'm sure James Buchanan was worse if you want to go that deep. But I don't think we've ever truly recovered from the damage to the world and the imperialization of the office that Cheney and the neocons brought upon us. Reagan right up there as well between the AIDS benign neglect and the erosion of the middle class.

Biden was neither as bad nor as great as his respective sides made him out to be. After Trump, the American people understandably rejected the notion of a single figure as head of government in favor of a more committee/bureaucracy-based organization competently administering our decline, and that's more or less what we got. Now, it seems like maybe we don't like that idea so much after all. The gears of the machine kept running for four years, which has to count for something, but "greatest president since FDR" was always horseshit.

Agree with Curious on George W being the worst. Patriot Act and War...we are still suffering the consequences. I also do think there's some accountability owed to him for 9/11 occurring under his first Presidential term.

Recency bias may play a role, but I'd put Obama's 8 years as more destructive than Reagan's. The better comp is who was more destructive as 1-term POTUS....Biden, Carter, HW, Trump. I do not think History is going to be kind to the Biden legacy.

You can hang the mortgage crisis at the feet of GW as well. MBS was on steroids with his administration strongly encouraging banks and lenders to lend money to borrowers who couldn't afford to pay.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
What date will Nas come out in full support of Kamala? Been with her since the start!

:lol: No one loves Kamala more than me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

:lol: No one loves Kamala more than me.

:D :D

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Respectfully disagree.

You can hang the mortgage crisis at the feet of GW as well. MBS was on steroids with his administration strongly encouraging banks and lenders to lend money to borrowers who couldn't afford to pay.

Which of course started with Dems complaining about alleged discrimination in lending and minorities having a hard time getting approved.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
when did glass-steagall get repealed?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

The great Bill Clinton.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:02 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

yeah. thanks for cleaning everything up.

i'm going to ask you how many offshore lease sales has biden's administration approved since biden took office?

Quote:
Last week, President Biden said he would “work like the devil” to bring down gasoline prices. Somehow, after more than half a year of watching him beg Russia and OPEC to increase their oil production while making it more difficult for American oil and natural gas producers, we’re skeptical. But here are a few simple ideas to help the president channel his inner Lucifer and reduce energy prices.

Move forward with leasing on federal public lands. The government is required to conduct quarterly lease sales, but since President Biden banned leasing during his first week in office, later overturned by a federal judge, there has not been one lease sale on federal lands. The Interior Department just missed the deadline for holding a lease sale this quarter. He could instruct the department to move forward with leasing now.
Stop the Biden administration’s regulatory overreach agenda. The Interior Department, Environmental Protection Agency, Securities and Exchange Commission, and other agencies are moving forward aggressively with regulations meant to make American oil and natural gas production more expensive. When you make something more expensive, you get less of it and higher prices for consumers. Simply halt the deluge of new regulation meant to slow American production.

i'm not sure why pro-biden posters don't embrace biden's anti fossil fuel agenda? is it similar to the trump tariff conundrum? all of a sudden, many experts that post here stopped posting about trump tariffs that biden continued and some tariffs that were expanded.

luckily for the usa consumer, the indians and chinese have ignored biden's plea to economically strangle russia and not buy their oil - otherwise, we'd be looking at oil in the $100s/bbl.

Fossil fuel energy companies looking to extract oil and natural gas from U.S. waters in the Gulf of Mexico got a boost on Wednesday, as they secured access to 1.6 million acres of waters offered at auction. That was just a fraction of some 73.3 million acres of federal waters the Interior Department's Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) opened up for bidding. Officials spent more than an hour reading aloud the bids in Lease Sale 259, with some 13,600 blocks of "outer continental shelf" acreage in the Gulf of Mexico at stake. It's the second time this month that the Biden administration has opened federal territory for new oil drilling, after it approved the large and controversial Willow project in Alaska on March 13.

President Joe Biden has approved nearly 50 percent more oil and gas drilling permits for wells on federal land since taking office than former President Donald Trump did in his first three years, according to newly released data from the Interior Department.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:04 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Maybe he'll provide highlights of her pre-debate rehearsals. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:16 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

It was GW that exploited the policy however. It's a known fact the MBS market exploded under Bush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:20 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Which of course started with Dems complaining about alleged discrimination in lending and minorities having a hard time getting approved.

True but it was the Bush Administration that placed the policy on steroids. And it wasn't so that more minorities could own houses either.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:35 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The mortgage crisis was caused by the Clinton administration requiring banks to make loans to people with poor and nonexistent credit histories and made widespread homeownership a national goal. This all led to the home buying frenzy and an explosion of subprime and other non-prime mortgages, which banks and Fannie and Freddie bundled into dubious securities and peddled to investors worldwide. Hovering in the background was the knowledge that the federal government would bail out troubled "too big to-fail" financial corporations, including Fannie and Freddie. Which the Obama administration did bail them out.

Started by Dems, shoved onto MBS and washed under the rug by Dems.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next