It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:40 pm 

I say he is. If they are not an exciting team with no less than 8 wins, I think he has to be fired. 8 might not even be enough especially if it looks like Williams isn't developing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
good dolphin wrote:
I say he is. If they are not an exciting team with no less than 8 wins, I think he has to be fired. 8 might not even be enough especially if it looks like Williams isn't developing.

If the team has a similar start to the 2023 season, he will be. I think it would take a lot for him to get fired after this season only because it's Caleb's rookie season and they value continuity. I would've fired him after last year, he's a nothing coach.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Only a 4-13 or 5-12 season (or worse) gets him fired

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I think 8 wins saves him, 7 and under he's gone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:59 pm 

Playoffs or bust.

Unless Williams likes him but he probably won't like him and then we get Kingsbury.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Brick wrote:
Playoffs or bust.

Unless Williams likes him but he probably won't like him and then we get Kingsbury.

Yep

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I don't think he's on the hot seat. I think he would have been fired if he was.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Brick wrote:
Playoffs or bust.

Yep

Kingsbury sucks, that would be a disaster

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

He probably is, but it also depends on how the season unfolds. If Caleb gets hurt, I don't think he would get fired, but if he doesn't develop, the defense underachieves and this team finishes out of the playoff race, he would be fired.

There is probably a scenario where he keeps the job and the Bears miss the playoffs, but go 9-8, 10-7 and get squeezed out, but the improvement is very visible and the belief is that a 2nd year QB who just had a very good season will develop into a Super Bowl contender.

The other wildcard here is stability for Caleb. Firing Eberflus probably means a brand new OC, difference offense.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
After year 1 you are always on hot seat. Some coaches aren't even making it a year now. Eberflus benefitted from the tank season as it was hard to be worse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He and Poles have a great relationship. It would likely take a disaster of a season for him to lose his job. He's going to get at least 2 years with Caleb unless the Bears season is a disaster. I'm taking 5 or so wins with a healthy team.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:56 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I'm with others that if Poles was going to fire him, it would have been at the end of last season. Unless its another catastrophic year with his coaches being let go mid-season, etc., I have to guess he gets a free pass this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:58 am 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I'm with others that if Poles was going to fire him, it would have been at the end of last season. Unless its another catastrophic year with his coaches being let go mid-season, etc., I have to guess he gets a free pass this year.

There is a big difference between firing a coach after 2 years and firing a coach after 3 years especially when there was a 4 game improvement in wins from year 1 to year 2.

Not making the playoffs would indicate little to no improvement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Brick wrote:

There is a big difference between firing a coach after 2 years and firing a coach after 3 years especially when there was a 4 game improvement in wins from year 1 to year 2.

That makes sense. I just can't remember many seasons like last year. The fiasco with Claypool. Two of his coaches being let go in a shroud of mystery with HR involved. Fields struggling and calling out the coaching. The epic losses to the Lions and Broncos. It felt like enough drama and failure to make the decision early.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Brick wrote:

That makes sense. I just can't remember many seasons like last year. The fiasco with Claypool. Two of his coaches being let go in a shroud of mystery with HR involved. Fields struggling and calling out the coaching. The epic losses to the Lions and Broncos. It felt like enough drama and failure to make the decision early.

He should have been fired mid season last year. Bears made a huge mistake not launching him in the offseason.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
textbook definition of lame duck. would have thought they learned their lesson with the lame duck coach + rookie QB the last two times they took a 1st round QB but time is a flat circle

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
hootmon wrote:
He should have been fired mid season last year. Bears made a huge mistake not launching him in the offseason.

Should have been out after the loss to the Chargers before he could pad his record with wins against bad teams or that dumb-off with the Vikings. The office wanted to talk themselves out of firing him and did.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
textbook definition of lame duck. would have thought they learned their lesson with the lame duck coach + rookie QB the last two times they took a 1st round QB but time is a flat circle

Time isn't a flat circle. I believe you are thinking of Eternal Recurrence.