It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Who cares about college now?

Who cares about Jordan Love performing better in about a little over a half a season of work? I'm not going to base my assessment of the off of that. You can however.
He definitely isn't the more talented of the 2. Which was my basic point

He is definitely a more talented quarterback, one guy is about to sign a monstrous new contract and one guy can’t get a starting job.

Marcus Mariota is a "career backup" vibes here

Mariota will certainly play more years as a backup than a starter in his career.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:23 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Who cares about college now?

Who cares about Jordan Love performing better in about a little over a half a season of work? I'm not going to base my assessment of the off of that. You can however.
He definitely isn't the more talented of the 2. Which was my basic point

He is definitely a more talented quarterback, one guy is about to sign a monstrous new contract and one guy can’t get a starting job.

Hmmmmmmmm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/allstee ... ing-better

Quote:
Justin Fields Keeps Getting Better
The first day of practice, Fields went viral for a deep bomb to Van Jefferson. The next day, he had a pass to George Pickens and another to Calvin Austin that quickly took over social media. Then on the third day, he was the most consistent he looked all of camp, not making any notable "wow" - outside of a read option or two - but was rather accurate and much calmer.

Then, on the final day of the first week, Fields had his best performance. He started strong by throwing for one touchdown and running for another. During team drills, he threw an interception, but it was a wrong route by Roman Wilson (or at least that's what it appeared to be). Outside of that, he finished the day 8 of 11.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:35 am 

https://www.dailyherald.com/20240727/pr ... es-on-sat/
Tough day in the office for Caleb
Quote:
During 7-on-7, Williams threw back-to-back interceptions over the middle of the field. The first was thrown into double coverage and picked off by safety Adrian Colbert

Quote:
On the following play, looking to bounce back, Williams threw a pass that was picked off by cornerback Reddy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:
What were the better offers Poles rejected?

I don’t recall the specific offers at the moment but.. we discussed this months back when the info came out and Poles admitted in an interview there were better offers but he ‘wanted to do right by Justin’..

I think the Eagles offered a 4th rounder and another team was rumored to have offered a 3rd

Either way there’s no point in you and I rehashing something we talked about months ago because I already know your stance and you know mine. It was a dumb move by Poles, his job like it or not is to do what’s best for the franchise 1st not players that don’t work out

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I do know it's your thing to complain about every deal Poles makes. Big or small. Including the deal that landed Caleb Williams. It's my thing to challenge that view when I disagree. We need each other.

I only asked because I haven't seen anything beyond Poles' rhetoric. Even the Philly deal sounds like it was virtually identical to the one the Steelers made with them. From my seat, it appears they had something in place with the Falcons IF they failed to sign Cousins.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I’ve never heard an anecdote that makes me more certain a guy is the real deal:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:44 am 
100000 CLUB

It sounds like Caleb still needs to do the on time stuff better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:44 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I’ve never heard an anecdote that makes me more certain a guy is the real deal:

Nice guys finish last.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:57 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
It sounds like Caleb still needs to do the on time stuff better.

https://youtu.be/JML4tt6o0ks?si=IVh3dJvkL7BU7dTD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Bob thinks Piggy is getting REALLY nervous.

Oink Oink!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:02 pm 

Great use of "Developmental" time by Eberflus. Caleb out for the first preseason game.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/2024/07/ ... me-game-2/

But hey Kershawn Johnson doesn't know shit about the value of coaching. Writer Bob does however.

Quote:
Chicago Bears fans will have to wait at least another week to see rookie quarterback Caleb Williams take his first preseason snaps in a Bears uniform.

Coach Matt Eberflus announced Tuesday that Williams and the other Bears starters won’t play Thursday against the Houston Texans in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio. Second-year quarterback Tyson Bagent, who started four games as an undrafted rookie last season, will start Thursday.

Eberflus previously said he expects Williams to get 45 to 55 preseason reps. But he said they will determine “week to week” how those will unfold

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:25 pm 

The last starting QB to play in the Hall of Fame game was Teddy Bridgewater, nearly 10 years ago. You would know that if you actually "followed" the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Great use of "Developmental" time by Eberflus. Caleb out for the first preseason game.

But hey Kershawn Johnson doesn't know shit about the value of coaching. Writer Bob does however.

Quote:
Chicago Bears fans will have to wait at least another week to see rookie quarterback Caleb Williams take his first preseason snaps in a Bears uniform.

Coach Matt Eberflus announced Tuesday that Williams and the other Bears starters won’t play Thursday against the Houston Texans in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio. Second-year quarterback Tyson Bagent, who started four games as an undrafted rookie last season, will start Thursday.

Eberflus previously said he expects Williams to get 45 to 55 preseason reps. But he said they will determine “week to week” how those will unfold

so he and the starters should play? you want him to play with the 2nd stringers? what is the ask here?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:30 pm 

billypootons wrote:

Quote:

so he and the starters should play? you want him to play with the 2nd stringers? what is the ask here?

Yes he and the starters should play. Even if it is only for a quarter or so.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:32 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The last starting QB to play in the Hall of Fame game was Teddy Bridgewater, nearly 10 years ago. You would know that if you actually "followed" the NFL.

Yeah Rookie QBs missing "Developmental" time always makes for a "swell" idea. Thanks "Writer Bob". Can't find this type of info just anywhere you know!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:35 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah Rookie QBs missing "Developmental" time always makes for a "swell" idea. Thanks "Writer Bob". Can't find this type of info just anywhere you know!

There have been ten of these games (HOF Games) or so in the last decade. That means 20 teams, 20 starting quarterbacks and 20 head coaches (not just the Bears) have all decided the risk of this game wasn't worth the reward. But alas a middling public educator knows more than these 20 NFL head coaches.

Good to know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:47 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

There have been ten of these games (HOF Games) or so in the last decade. That means 20 teams, 20 starting quarterbacks and 20 head coaches (not just the Bears) have all decided the risk of this game wasn't worth the reward. But alas a middling public educator knows more than these 20 NFL head coaches.

Good to know.

Sitting Your Rookie QB because Andy Reid benched Mahomes at some point in one of these games makes a ton of sense too. Thanks for the "insight" Writer Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:55 pm 

There is a pattern which is starting to develop during these "meaningless" training sessions too. Caleb struggles whenever the Bears defense "laces them up". This has been a consistent story and something which is a carryover from his college days actually. Whenever he plays against "real defenses" he struggles. Which I SUSPECT is the main reason that they are holding him back on Thursday.
https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-training ... 10843.html

Quote:
The team period was much more rickety for Williams and the first-team offense.
Head coach Matt Eberflus and defensive coordinator Eric Washington threw a variety of blitzes at the rookie quarterback on Tuesday, and Williams, for the most part, struggled against the constant pressure.

Defensive tackle Gervon Dexter, cornerback Tyrique Stevenson, and defensive tackle Andrew Billings all recorded "sacks" during the team portions.

The team period also saw Williams throw an interception to safety Jaquan Brisker. The quarterback felt pressure, stepped up into the pocket, and tried to hit tight end Cole Kmet over the middle of the field. Kmet was well covered, and the pass sailed over his head and into Brisker's arms.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:01 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Good to know.

Sitting Your Rookie QB because Andy Reid benched Mahomes at some point in one of these games makes a ton of sense too. Thanks for the "insight" Writer Bob

So you are on record as these 20 Coaches/Front offices ALL made the WRONG decision on punting this HOF game?

My question is why are you in a classroom indoctrinating children and not running an NFL franchise with all this unique football knowledge?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:06 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Good to know.

So you are on record as these 20 Coaches/Front offices ALL made the WRONG decision on punting this HOF game?

My question is why are you in a classroom indoctrinating children and not running an NFL franchise with all this unique football knowledge?

Hey Caller Bob. Wannabe NFL Guru and "aspiring scribe" :lol: :lol: How many of those "Starting QBs" happened to have been Rookies? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:14 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Good to know.

Hey Caller Bob. Wannabe NFL Guru and "aspiring scribe" :lol: :lol: How many of those "Starting QBs" happened to have been Rookies? Just Asking A Question

So everyone of those quarterbacks were "established" NFL QB's that needed no preseason conditioning at all?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:16 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
So everyone of those quarterbacks were "established" NFL QB's that needed no preseason conditioning at all?

Already reframing the question in order to fit a preconceived notion. Shocking!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:17 pm 

Get off this forum and into an NFL front office. You have ALL the answers!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
HoF Game starting QB matchups going back to 2017:

Zach Wilson - Kellen Mond
Kyle Sloter - Jarrett Stidham
Garrett Gilbert - Mason Rudolph
Brett Rypien (Drew Lock*) - Kurt Benkert
Tyler Bray - RGIII (Lamar Jackson*)
Blaine Gabbert - Kellen Moore

EDIT: ([Player]*) indicates team had rookie QB on roster that season who got multiple starts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:45 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Get off this forum and into an NFL front office. You have ALL the answers!

You're the guy who fashions himself as some sort of "NFL Guru" however. Even while you've been the town joke for years now.
I readily admit to being the most "casual" of Football fans at this point of my illustrious NFL Viewing Career "Writer Bob" However suggesting that it makes "great sense" to have your rookie QB sit out any Preseason game is just plain stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:12 pm 

[suggesting that it makes "great sense" to have your rookie QB sit out any Preseason game is just plain stupid.

Well I guess the Public School Indoctrinator has it "right" and the Chicago Bears (and many other NFL franchises) have it "wrong".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:17 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
[suggesting that it makes "great sense" to have your rookie QB sit out any Preseason game is just plain stupid.

Well I guess the Public School Indoctrinator has it "right" and the Chicago Bears (and many other NFL franchises) have it "wrong".

Yeah those Bears coaches have a helluva track record when it comes to "QB Development" don't they "Writer Bob"?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:29 pm 

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2024 ... mp-nfl-cah

Quote:
LATROBE, Pa. -- Despite what odds are circulating your favorite betting sites, no, we're really not on the brink of a quarterback competition just yet.

But, in the Steelers' first fully-padded practice of training camp, there's no doubt that Justin Fields was a clear winner from the landmark day at Saint Vincent College

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:45 pm 

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2024/07/30/russell-wilson-returns-justin-fields-stacks-another-good-day-steelers-training-camp-nfl-cah

Quote:
LATROBE, Pa. -- Despite what odds are circulating your favorite betting sites, no, we're really not on the brink of a quarterback competition just yet.

But, in the Steelers' first fully-padded practice of training camp, there's no doubt that Justin Fields was a clear winner from the landmark day at Saint Vincent College

Honestly, do you just choose to read what you want and post it, because you are being delusional.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 75  Next