It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
brucester001 wrote:
Seems like the whole family might need help.

The wiser amongst us know we all need help of some sort.

That video has no place here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Obese Larry and Spiegel bragging about their unhealthy eating and lack of discipline talking about eating nachos, ribs, and brisket.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hasn't Dan said in the past that few things disgust him as much as overweight people?

:lol:

Bernstein once said to Matt Spiegel "Who the hell wants to be married to a fat person?"

Spiegel was probably 400 pounds when he said this to him. I think he was a newly wed to his 3rd wife. There was a pause by Spiegel as the listener could feel his anger building. Then Spiegel called Bernstein a "Jack ass".

This conversation came up because Bernstein was saying how he and his wife, before getting married, both pledged that neither one of them would get fat. Something like that.

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Beardown wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hasn't Dan said in the past that few things disgust him as much as overweight people?

Bernstein once said to Matt Spiegel "Who the hell wants to be married to a fat person?"

Spiegel was probably 400 pounds when he said this to him. There was a pause as the listener could feel Spiegel's anger building. Then Spiegel called Bernstein a "Jack ass".

This conversation came up because Bernstein was saying how he and his wife, before getting married, both pledged that neither one of them would get fat. Something like that.

And that’s why Bernstein was the best

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Spiegel was probably 400 pounds when he said this to him. There was a pause as the listener could feel Spiegel's anger building. Then Spiegel called Bernstein a "Jack ass".

And that’s why Bernstein was the best

Father of the year!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I caught the tail end of their interview with Ian Happ, who apparently gave them some beer he was involved in making.

Dan didn't know when to drink it because he doesn't want to have alcohol in the morning and he doesn't want to drink caffeine at night.

Happ: It doesn't have caffeine.
Dan: Oh. Are you sure?
Happ: Pretty sure...

Leery is weary of drinking it because it's probably so awesome that it might be better to just have it in his refrigerator because people will think it's cool when they see it.

These fuckin' guys... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
So Dan has now pretended to not know what goes into making beer (or at least what doesn't go into it), as well as to not know who Ric Flair is.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Does everyone else use White Sox the way Larry does? For example, he would say Gavin Sheets is a White Sox. I've never heard anyone in real life not use sock as the singular, like Gavin Sheets is a White Sock. It's so irritating, but maybe I'm the only one that notices this.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:23 pm 

Kind of reminds me of when ESPN started hammering the usage of “RBI” singular, hosts insisting that it’s the correct way of saying it rather than “RBI’s”, because it’s not “runs batted in’s”. As anyone obviously should know, you aren’t saying that when you’re saying “RBI’s”, you’re just using a plural for the acronym. It was the beginning of the Minutia Era of sports commentary.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
W_Z wrote:
Kind of reminds me of when ESPN started hammering the usage of “RBI” singular, hosts insisting that it’s the correct way of saying it rather than “RBI’s”, because it’s not “runs batted in’s”. As anyone obviously should know, you aren’t saying that when you’re saying “RBI’s”, you’re just using a plural for the acronym. It was the beginning of the Minutia Era of sports commentary.

Yeah, it's a clarification for no one.

it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
back when the Onion was good

Quote:
William Safire Orders Two Whoppers Junior
PublishedSeptember 20, 2000
NEW YORK–Stopping for lunch at a Manhattan Burger King, New York Times 'On Language' columnist William Safire ordered two "Whoppers Junior" Monday. "A majority of Burger King patrons operate under the fallacious assumption that the plural is 'Whopper Juniors,'" Safire told a woman standing in line behind him. "This, of course, is a grievous grammatical blunder, akin to saying 'passerbys' or, worse yet, the dreaded 'attorney generals.'" Last week, Safire patronized a midtown Taco Bell, ordering "two Big Beef Burritos Supreme."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Ricky11Slade wrote:
Does everyone else use White Sox the way Larry does? For example, he would say Gavin Sheets is a White Sox. I've never heard anyone in real life not use sock as the singular, like Gavin Sheets is a White Sock. It's so irritating, but maybe I'm the only one that notices this.

Terry used "Sox" as a singular, too, which I also found annoying.

"Sox" is a homophone of "Socks." One of their logos is a sock. The singular of Sox would be Sock, whether White or Red.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
how about stocking

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
If it's a coffee beer is has caffeine in it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
W_Z wrote:

The proper term is RsBI (no apostrophe).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:06 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:

And there you have it:

https://www.connectroasters.com/blogs/n ... ng-company

Happ is probably just like "it gets you drunk, bro!" Apologies to Dan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:25 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:

Dan's not drinking it either way. I can't imagine the last time he had such a plebian drink as a beer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Dan's not drinking it either way. I can't imagine the last time he had such a plebian drink as a beer

Bernstein eats at McDonald's frequently.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
TriColoredPastas wrote:

And there you have it:

https://www.connectroasters.com/blogs/n ... ng-company

Happ is probably just like "it gets you drunk, bro!" Apologies to Dan.

I don't remember exactly how Happ explained the brewing process, but he said they were able to flavor the beer with the coffee beans without the beer containing caffeine.

I just thought it was funny that Dan was fretting over when he could drink this beer and Happ sounded like he wanted say "Jesus, man, drink it whenever the fuck you want."

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:08 pm 

yeah he said the beans sit in the beer to flavor the beer but that did not make it caffeinated. No idea if that is true or not.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
That sounds disgusting. Maybe bernstein and leery were being kind by not refusing it outright.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:34 pm 

RFDC wrote:
yeah he said the beans sit in the beer to flavor the beer but that did not make it caffeinated. No idea if that is true or not.

Elmhurst Brewing Company has a “gold stout” called Fool’s Gold that I think does that…

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:39 pm 

Homebrewing (beer) reddit says that whole dark roast or espresso beans will transfer a negligible amount of caffeine to the beer brew if they're not heated with the batch. So not strictly no caffeine, but probably a very small amount you wouldn't even have to disclose when selling it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:45 am 

the guy doesn't start work until 10 am. He could be up past midnight every single day and still get 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
hootmon wrote:
W_Z wrote:

The proper term is RsBI (no apostrophe).

Just go with Joe Maddon’s “ribeyes”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Any other host would have got just a little jab for mispronouncing "penny-pinching" as pinny-penching" not once, but twice. Not larry though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
slobbering all over kim ng yesterday.

kim didn't know she represented all the marginalized people in baseball. that was a happy surprise for her. the social media 'proof' lever was pulled when they told her that there was huge social media support for her to be the white sox GM. she said she had no idea. 3 tweets and julie D tweeting that she should be the GM constitutes 'huge support'.

we're going to make things right.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
slobbering all over kim ng yesterday.

kim didn't know she represented all the marginalized people in baseball. that was a happy surprise for her. the social media 'proof' lever was pulled when they told her that there was huge social media support for her to be the white sox GM. she said she had no idea. 3 tweets and julie D tweeting that she should be the GM constitutes 'huge support'.

we're going to make things right.

There was another point yesterday I think when they were talking to a younger baseball write or similar guy. Bernsie tried to lead him into a Larussa burn that he "has been hearing" and the guy was like I never heard that at all. I can't substantiate that at all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bernstein, Larry Holmes, and Leila are simply dreadful together. They're better at transition with some mild pushback to their opinion agreement shtick.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Martinoś
As a longtime B&B fan, I gave up on this shown about a year ago, and check in from time to time. Too many times I found myself wondering “who is this show for?”

Are the ratings still justifying whatever this has become?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 94  Next