It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
AJColossal wrote:
As a longtime B&B fan, I gave up on this shown about a year ago, and check in from time to time. Too many times I found myself wondering “who is this show for?”

Are the ratings still justifying whatever this has become?

B&B actually started a lot this nonsense with their concussion talk and then Penn State thoughts. There was only one way to think about a topic, and no alternate views were considered. If you still liked Penn State football, you were a cheerleader for child rape. If your kid played tackle football, you should be arrested for child abuse.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
AJColossal wrote:
As a longtime B&B fan, I gave up on this shown about a year ago, and check in from time to time. Too many times I found myself wondering “who is this show for?”

B&B actually started a lot this nonsense with their concussion talk and then Penn State thoughts. There was only one way to think about a topic, and no alternate views were considered. If you still liked Penn State football, you were a cheerleader for child rape. If your kid played tackle football, you should be arrested for child abuse.

Yup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Martinoś
denisdman wrote:
AJColossal wrote:

Agreed, but I always felt the preachiness on B&B would be offset by them coming back to a sensibility where they didn’t take themselves or anything else seriously. Now it’s just the propaganda without the entertainment.

Howard Stern in the last few years laid the groundwork for everyone. if you align yourself with the establishment, you really don’t have to worry much about anyone digging up your past.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
AJColossal wrote:

https://barrettmedia.com/2024/01/02/670 ... ings-book/

From the looks of it this show has had a run and is the second highest rated daytime slot on the station:

Quote:
In morning drive from 5:30a-10a, Mike Mulligan and David Haugh earned a 6.2 share, placing second in the market. The figure is up from the duo’s 5.5 share and second-place finish in the summer book. Moreover, the result tops the 4.8 share Mully & Haugh posted in the fall book last year when the program ranked third.

During middays between 10a-2p, Dan Bernstein and Laurence Holmes amassed a 6.1 share to finish third this fall. Although the program placed second in the 2022 fall book, it had a lower share of 5.6. That means the program gained five tenths year-over-year. In the summer book, Bernstein & Holmes possessed a 5.3 share, good for sixth.

The station continued its strong results in afternoons from 2p-6p. Parkins & Spiegel recorded a 4.8 share to finish third. The program led by Danny Parkins and Matt Spiegel, produced a 5.2 share and fifth-place finish in the summer book. Year-over-year, the show’s share is up one tenth of a point and one ranking position.

Mornings and midday are still crushing WMVP, but Parkins and Spiegel have only recently (Fall of last year) pulled away from Waddle and Silvy, who were nipping at their heels in 2022 (I don't even remember the WSCR pairing in afternoons at that point, was it P&S?).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
AJColossal wrote:

From the looks of it this show has had a run and is the second highest rated daytime slot on the station:

Quote:
In morning drive from 5:30a-10a, Mike Mulligan and David Haugh earned a 6.2 share, placing second in the market. The figure is up from the duo’s 5.5 share and second-place finish in the summer book. Moreover, the result tops the 4.8 share Mully & Haugh posted in the fall book last year when the program ranked third.

During middays between 10a-2p, Dan Bernstein and Laurence Holmes amassed a 6.1 share to finish third this fall. Although the program placed second in the 2022 fall book, it had a lower share of 5.6. That means the program gained five tenths year-over-year. In the summer book, Bernstein & Holmes possessed a 5.3 share, good for sixth.

The station continued its strong results in afternoons from 2p-6p. Parkins & Spiegel recorded a 4.8 share to finish third. The program led by Danny Parkins and Matt Spiegel, produced a 5.2 share and fifth-place finish in the summer book. Year-over-year, the show’s share is up one tenth of a point and one ranking position.

Mornings and midday are still crushing WMVP, but Parkins and Spiegel have only recently (Fall of last year) pulled away from Waddle and Silvy, who were nipping at their heels in 2022 (I don't even remember the WSCR pairing in afternoons at that point, was it P&S?).

Any idea how a 5.6 or 6.1 translates into actual # of listeners? Pretty amazing that this show isn't losing audience though with it's agenda being so off the rails.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:50 pm 

BD wrote:
AJColossal wrote:

Quote:

Any idea how a 5.6 or 6.1 translates into actual # of listeners? Pretty amazing that this show isn't losing audience though with it's agenda being so off the rails.

No idea. But I'm sure that yes, a share in 2023 is not nearly the same number of listens as one in 2013. I also don't know how, or if, Nielsen incorporates streaming figures.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:57 pm 

I am not sure how fresh those numbers are but I don’t think it’s very important. They get paid etc for what they do in the main demographic. Men 25-55 or whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:07 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I am not sure how fresh those numbers are but I don’t think it’s very important. They get paid etc for what they do in the main demographic. Men 25-55 or whatever.

Forgot to include the first paragraph of the story, but if you click through to the site the wording implies that the share figures they give are in the key demo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:34 pm 

BD wrote:
Pretty amazing that this show isn't losing audience though with it's agenda being so off the rails.

They must have loyal listeners like you who can't stop listening

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Bella's
I tuned this show out midway during the Goff tenure. The show lost its edge and became weird. I would check in from time to time during the revolving door of Dan sidekicks just for curiosity but then I stumbled across this board years ago and get updates of all his shenanigans without hearing his obnoxious condescending voice and his genius co-hosts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 7:50 am 

pittmike wrote:

2024 has had to be great for Chicago sports talk numbers. Bears interest has been consistent and near peak the entire time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 7:52 am 

the one thing of note and it has been consistent through Dan's career, he loses audience from the show before his.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Don't forget the radio audience consistently shrinks. A 6 share today is probably half of a 6 share ten years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:14 am 

Nardi wrote:
Don't forget the radio audience consistently shrinks. A 6 share today is probably half of a 6 share ten years ago.

Anyone under the age of 75 that listens to radio is weird.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Anyone under the age of 75 that listens to radio is weird.

Great Show Today!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
good dolphin wrote:
the one thing of note and it has been consistent through Dan's career, he loses audience from the show before his.

You forget that the followed the ill-fated Mike North Morning Show for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
No idea. But I'm sure that yes, a share in 2023 is not nearly the same number of listens as one in 2013. I also don't know how, or if, Nielsen incorporates streaming figures.

It has to be a fraction of the old audience numbers. The minute you get into any car built in the last decade, your phone connects via Bluetooth and you listen to a podcast or your music playlist. Automakers were wanting to do away with the radio because they know virtually no one uses it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I don't think it was the entire radio system, just AM that they wanted to get rid of, which I understand at this point.

But lots of people resist change. I had to get a new phone three weeks ago. Old one gave me four good years, one before it three. New one doesn't have a headphone jack. That's a problem for sitting on trains or running. They don't want me on wired earbuds, they want me on wireless, which I don't want to do because I think they're annoying, they don't signify listening the way wired earbuds do (oh no his airpods are in!), they're reliant on a bluetooth connection, and maybe the sound is worse or interrupted, I don't know. So I had to get an adapter that goes into the USB and does what a plain old headphone jack would have done if they'd just left it in. And sometimes it's just easier to put on the radio.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

It has to be a fraction of the old audience numbers. The minute you get into any car built in the last decade, your phone connects via Bluetooth and you listen to a podcast or your music playlist. Automakers were wanting to do away with the radio because they know virtually no one uses it.

Good to see you back, mate. Hope you're well.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Darkside wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Do you say “cheers” to close out conversations?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:44 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Do you say “cheers” to close out conversations?

No.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:44 pm 

I think most times I say "Peace".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: State Line
Curious Hair wrote:
I don't think it was the entire radio system, just AM that they wanted to get rid of, which I understand at this point.

But lots of people resist change. I had to get a new phone three weeks ago. Old one gave me four good years, one before it three. New one doesn't have a headphone jack. That's a problem for sitting on trains or running. They don't want me on wired earbuds, they want me on wireless, which I don't want to do because I think they're annoying, they don't signify listening the way wired earbuds do (oh no his airpods are in!), they're reliant on a bluetooth connection, and maybe the sound is worse or interrupted, I don't know. So I had to get an adapter that goes into the USB and does what a plain old headphone jack would have done if they'd just left it in. And sometimes it's just easier to put on the radio.

And you have to remember to charge airpods, also.

What's left of the terrestrial radio industry is currently running commercials stating listeners should call Congress to demand AM radio be mandated to remain in cars. Good luck with that. One of the reasons they use is "for emergency communications". Uh yeah, I'm sure even in 2003 when the big blackout hit 250 miles or so east of Chicago, people in Ohio got TONS of valuable info about it from WMVP airing Kornheiser kvetching, or WLS having Roe and Garry roll out the Canarble Wagon.

Although AM DID outlast CD players in cars which is something.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:47 am 

Darkside wrote:

Do people respond "and also with you"?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
pittmike wrote:
Darkside wrote:

At least you don't say, "have a blessed day." I often take that to mean they are really saying FU.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Exile on Route 41 wrote:
And you have to remember to charge airpods, also.

And I'll inevitably lose or break them! Much worse than wearing out a $9 pair of earbuds.

Quote:
What's left of the terrestrial radio industry is currently running commercials stating listeners should call Congress to demand AM radio be mandated to remain in cars. Good luck with that. One of the reasons they use is "for emergency communications". Uh yeah, I'm sure even in 2003 when the big blackout hit 250 miles or so east of Chicago, people in Ohio got TONS of valuable info about it from WMVP airing Kornheiser kvetching, or WLS having Roe and Garry roll out the Canarble Wagon.

Or the chlorine spill in North Dakota where not a single one of the radio stations could air emergency information because they were all voice-tracked or satellite-fed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Some of B & L hatred of Pedro has a weird backdoor connection to their hatred of TLR for his NFL kneeling comments. The theory that data geeks steer a lot of MLB manager decisions has disappeared in regards to TLR & Pedro.

Bernstein was near tears talking about the death of brethren Billy Bean.

A component of B & L praise of Justin Fields was his vast improvement checking 2nd and 3rd receiver options. This week bucking PC Tom Thayer said Fields was always predominantly first option look then run in what B & L would consider a racist comment..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:14 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Darkside wrote:

No.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:17 pm 

a retard wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Darkside wrote:

At least you don't say, "have a blessed day." I often take that to mean they are really saying FU.

I was listening to one of our CSRs getting screamed at by a customer for an abnormal amount of time. She ended the call with "Have the day you deserve, ma'am."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:54 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Some of B & L hatred of Pedro has a weird backdoor connection to their hatred of TLR for his NFL kneeling comments. The theory that data geeks steer a lot of MLB manager decisions has disappeared in regards to TLR & Pedro.

Bernstein was near tears talking about the death of brethren Billy Bean.

A component of B & L praise of Justin Fields was his vast improvement checking 2nd and 3rd receiver options. This week bucking PC Tom Thayer said Fields was always predominantly first option look then run in what B & L would consider a racist comment..

Today at Lunch, Larry and Bernstein were all giddy that according to Hard Knocks, the new Bears "Superfan" is represented by Simone Biles, and not the Robert Smigel SNL guy anymore.
Holmes then always goes on to point out Biles is possibly the best athlete of all time....I can see best Gymnast, but where and why do people consider her the best athlete of time? It must
be a bit correct? She didn't even receive all Gold medals this year? :roll: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 94  Next