It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Calf issues can be problematic for a QB....I hope they make Fields the starter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
https://steelersdepot.com/2024/08/ryan-clark-boldly-predicts-justin-fields-will-lead-steelers-to-playoffs/

Quote:
Justin Fields is going to lead the Pittsburgh Steelers to the playoffs," he declared.

"That's right. That means first, he's going to have to become the starter, which he is.

Advertisement

"And then he's going to have to get into the playoffs. Which he is.

Didn't Ryan Clark also predict that Caleb Williams will lead the Bears to the playoffs? Is there any team he is predicting to miss the playoffs? :lol:

Incidentally, EVERYONE at ESPN (Clark, Riddick, and the rest of their analysts) absolutely LOVES Jayden Daniels and have anointed him as the favorite for ROTY. If Daniels turns out to be better than Williams, Poles is going to be run out of town.

If Justin Fields turns out to be what MANY believe that he can be, then Poles should be run out of town.

The league collectively decided he was worth a 6th round pick. Maybe a 4th if it all breaks the right way.

The League also decided that Tom Brady was worth a 6th Rd pick and Warren Moon and Kurt Warren weren't worth the time of day. And Poles completely botched the trade anyway. Thus no one knows what the kid's true value happened to be..However that's done now. He is with REAL NFL COACHES and talent surrounding him. Let's see what he does with it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I believe moving on from Justin was the right decision when a kid like Caleb is available. The fact that other teams didn't want him doesn't matter to me. Most of them are usually wrong and will be fired in the next 5 years.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Let's look at the data. Fields ratio was 6.78 ughs to 1.12 wows.

Do what you will with the metrics.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:
Steve Young is the best comparison. However, most fail to save their careers.

Also, I would argue the names Dr Style mentioned did have to make massive improvements. If you think Fields is bad now but he could improve then it's fair. Fields has to learn how to pass. Maybe he will.

Geno Smith may be another example. I do think Fields could be a decent starter with the right system & coaching. I'd bet he would succeed in SF or Miami for example.

I don't know if that's really anything noteworthy. Don't you think that about 75% of the QB's taken in the first round could be decent starters in the right system with the right coach?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
DJ Moore had his best season as a receiver with a QB that the CFMBs gurus keeps insisting "can't pass". Makes perfect sense.

*two QBs that can’t pass

Bad quarterbacks (like Fields) tend to be one read quarterbacks. Hardly surprising the guy who is the only read before Fields runs or gets sacked has good stats.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
KDdidit wrote:
DJ Moore had his best season as a receiver with a QB that the CFMBs gurus keeps insisting "can't pass". Makes perfect sense.

*two QBs that can’t pass

Bad quarterbacks (like Fields) tend to be one read quarterbacks. Hardly surprising the guy who is the only read before Fields runs or gets sacked has good stats.

Bad QBs like Bagent get the ball out quickly, but the Lord chose to punish Tyson’s father for his hubris by giving his kid a noodle arm.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 7:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
KDdidit wrote:

*two QBs that can’t pass

Bad QBs like Bagent get the ball out quickly, but the Lord chose to punish Tyson’s father for his hubris by giving his kid a noodle arm.

Leave my boy alone. His arm strength is better

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:06 am 

The Kid is obviously going to play Saturday if healthy but "Great Developer Of QBs" Eberflus is once again doing the dance. Writer Bob is obviously impressed by the clandestine way that "Flus" is going about this
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2024 ... texans-nfl

Quote:
Caleb Williams is about to embark on the most important week yet in his young NFL career — one that figures to end with the Bears rookie quarterback making his preseason debut Saturday in Buffalo.

That was what coach Matt Eberflus hinted at late Thursday night after the Bears’ weather-shortened win over the Texans in Canton, Ohio. Eberflus has maintained that the decision to play Williams, the 2022 Heisman Trophy winner, in preseason games will be made on a week-by-week basis. Asked what he needed to see to give Williams the green light to play Saturday, Eberflus laid out a challenge.

“It’s just going through the whole process,” he said. “This is a big week for us. We’ve got to really make strides here. We’ve got a sense of urgency. We have to get better now. We’ve got to see that from everybody. That’s an important part of that

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Stay out of football talk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:06 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

With you and your inane thoughts permeating the joint, why leave? As long as you're around I know that I will always get a good laugh at least.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:

What's the NFL protocol on how much he should play this pre-season?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Caller Bob wrote:

He doesn't know anything about football. He's just here to argue. Don't bother engaging.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:48 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He doesn't know anything about football. He's just here to argue. Don't bother engaging.

This dude remains on my bumper too. And considering you're the same dope who referred to Dan Marino as a loser, I' wouldn't be so quick to belittle what someone does and doesn't know about Football.
Last I checked neither you nor Writer Bob have ever set the world on fire with your knowledge of sports.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:51 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

What's the NFL protocol on how much he should play this pre-season?

Writer Bob seems to have gone "dark" with regards to this extremely relevant question.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:53 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

This dude remains on my bumper too. And considering you're the same dope who referred to Dan Marino as a loser, I' wouldn't be so quick to belittle what someone does and doesn't know about Football.
Last I checked neither you nor Writer Bob have ever set the world on fire with your knowledge of sports.

:lol:
Show me when I called Marino a loser.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:59 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Show me when I called Marino a loser.

Bestow the World With You "Knowledge Of Sports" :lol: :lol: Why Don't Ya!
!

Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
That's not what equates to QB talent. Bigger faster stronger works in single competition but that's not the case for team sports.
My assessment was based on the QB position in a team sport.
And when it comes to the QB position, there aren't 3 things that are more important that size, arm strength, and speed. Never have been, and never will be.

Tell doug flutie that. And tell Mr. No rings Marino that. No... not for a quarterback. I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. Strength and speed are tools that make it easier but that's not what makes a winner.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:04 pm 

So are you gonna show me where I called him a loser or are we forced to watch you have psychotic episodes? Here's some fun... the post just after that...
Darkside wrote:
Dan Marino isn't a loser. But he's not a winner. Jim Kelly isn't really a winner either. Or Romo (who I feel is actually a loser).
But before I really opine on whether they are losers I need to know if they won any salary championships.

I think you might need some medicine. Go see a doctor. Not of style, of psychology.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:07 pm 

Darkside wrote:
So are you gonna show me where I called him a loser or are we forced to watch you have psychotic episodes? Here's some fun... the post just after that...
Darkside wrote:
Dan Marino isn't a loser. But he's not a winner. Jim Kelly isn't really a winner either. Or Romo (who I feel is actually a loser).
But before I really opine on whether they are losers I need to know if they won any salary championships.

I think you might need some medicine. Go see a doctor. Not of style, of psychology.

You're the creep that constantly hangs on my bumper all of the time. In the "acknowledgement of poster" game you just can't seem to ever "go away" for some reason. You're way too "clingy" and just plain weird. There just seems to be something not quite "right" with ya guy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:09 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:

You're the creep that constantly hangs on my bumper a of the time. In the "acknowledgement" game you just can't seem to ever "go away" for some reason. You're way too "clingy" and just plain weird. Like a few dudes around here.

Go find a shrink. You see things that aren't there. I just embarrassed the fuck out of you were you capable of being embarrassed, which, you're not. I'm done. I'm gonna go hang out with some friends.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:10 pm 

Now hold on here just a dang minute.

I thought Frank was the bumper humper?

You can't be giving his name to Sandy now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:12 pm 

Darkside wrote:
:
Go find a shrink. You see things that aren't there. I just embarrassed the fuck out of you were you capable of being embarrassed, which, you're not. I'm done. I'm gonna go hang out with some friends.

Hopefully "Dick Display' won't be on the menu ya damn weirdo. And seeing that I know and believe you to.be a creep, do me a favor and stay gone this rip will ya?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

*immediately replies to him multiple times in row :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:16 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Nah only one Bumper Humper Ralph. "Always On My Bumper" is a phrase that "WE" in the "community" use for creeps that follow you around just a tadbit too much if ya know what I mean. Strictly a phrase for "da creeps" and "da weirdo" types like Darkodust and a few others around here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:18 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Nah only one Bumper Humper Ralph. "Always On My Bumper" is a phrase that "WE" in the "community" use for creeps that follow you around just a tadbit too much if ya know what I mean. Strictly a phrase for "da creeps" and "da weirdo" types like Darkodust and a few others around here.

Ok as long as Franks name is safe.

Carry on.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:22 pm 

Bigger Faster Stronger Means Nothing When It Comes To Team Sports One of the dumbest comments that I have ever heard with regards to sports by the way.
Darkside wrote:
That's not what equates to QB talent. Bigger faster stronger works in single competition but that's not the case for team sports.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:06 pm 

RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Ok as long as Franks name is safe.

Carry on.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Bigger Faster Stronger Means Nothing When It Comes To Team Sports One of the dumbest comments that I have ever heard with regards to sports by the way.
Darkside wrote:

Stay out of football talk.

Please and thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:38 pm 

It's kind of fun watching a guy fumble every football post though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:23 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Stay out of football talk.

Please and thank you.

If I did then I'd miss your stellar "analysis" of how someone can start the majority of their games as a pro and still have you consider them a "career backup" :lol: :lol:

I'd also miss such stellar analysis as this

Caller Bob wrote:
I'd also be down for Chase Claypool...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 75  Next