It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:56 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Darkside wrote:
It's kind of fun watching a guy fumble every football post though.

Tell me about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caller Bob wrote:
I told you guys on draft day this was a bad pick. NoQuan Smith is a loser.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:36 am 

I tried to warn you!
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nas wrote:
Doc of Style, how much have you seen him play? What are your concerns about his play?

I know he's a little shorter than most would like. I also know there were complaints with how long he holds onto the ball. The height concern is legit. From what I've seen, he's not holding onto the ball because he can't see the field. He's holding onto the ball, trying to give a receiver a chance to get open. It's similar to what Mahomes does, but Williams is more athletic. He should definitely cut back on it though. He doesn't slide like he's played baseball. Outside of that, I don't see anything that scares me. Maybe you do.

I have mostly seen only highlights. There are 2 things that concern me about him and any quarterback with his physical makeup. Height. I have never cared for shorter QBs. 6'0 is a red flag. I'm also concerned about his build. Doesn't seem like the type of kid that will able to take a pounding from NFL linemen and linebackers. Will confess that I have always been partial to the 6'3 6'5 Qbs with cannons for arms. If you have mobility too (as Fields does) then all the better.

As far as him holding the ball too long. That is a slight concern. But it doesn't take precedence over the other stuff though. I've never been a fan of smaller Qbs. And when you look at their success rate in the NFL, you'd know exactly why that happens to be the case.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2024 ... uarterback

Quote:
For all of Williams’ unique playmaking ability, he stands only 6-1. Standing still in the pocket, Williams has to throw over blockers and rushers who are taller than he is. He has had more passes tipped at the line of scrimmage during camp than Fields ever did.

On Saturday, the Bears gave Williams another challenge. During seven-on-seven drills, they had four staffers stand at the line of scrimmage and hold blocking pads in the air to simulate the arms of defensive linemen with him in the pocket.

‘‘There’s real throwing lanes in real football,’’ Eberflus said. ‘‘We started to implement those pads just to simulate passing lanes and different arm angles he might have to use during the course of 11-on-11, team [drills] and then in the game.’’

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:40 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Bigger Faster Stronger Means Nothing When It Comes To Team Sports One of the dumbest comments that I have ever heard with regards to sports by the way.
Darkside wrote:
That's not what equates to QB talent. Bigger faster stronger works in single competition but that's not the case for team sports.

Stay out of football talk.

Please and thank you.

Now here is what has come to be known as Writer Bob's "stellar analysis"
Caller Bob wrote:
I don't think the WR's are really that sub par. Robinson is still a #1 WR, though maybe the backend tier of "#1's"..... Mooney is a budding star. The Oline hasn't been the shit show I expected. It's Nagy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Falcons just gave Mooney 40 million dumbass

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:58 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Falcons just gave Mooney 40 million dumbass
:lol:

Writer Bob needs to be educated on the term "Budding Star"
Last 2 seasons he had a combined 71 catches.
Darnell Mooney is tied for 28th on the list of highest paid wide receivers
https://frontofficesports.com/the-25-hi ... receivers/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:19 am 

He had a 140 catches his first two seasons in the league. His numbers dropped once the Bears got DJ Moore and One Read Fields never got to him. What a sad attempt at a "gotcha" :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:26 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
He had a 140 catches his first two seasons in the league. His numbers dropped once the Bears got DJ Moore and One Read Fields never got to him. What a sad attempt at a "gotcha" :lol:

He was such the "Budding Star" that the Bears allowed him to walk so that they could acquire 2 receivers that the entire league believe to be decidedly better.

Not one person believed that the Bears made a bad decision in allowing "Budding star" Mooney to walk.

Your sports thoughts suck "Writer Bob"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:42 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Hey Writer Bob. If "Budding Star" Darnell Mooney were on this Bears team he'd be at best considered a #4 receiver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I tried to warn you!
Nas wrote:
Doc of Style, how much have you seen him play? What are your concerns about his play?

I know he's a little shorter than most would like. I also know there were complaints with how long he holds onto the ball. The height concern is legit. From what I've seen, he's not holding onto the ball because he can't see the field. He's holding onto the ball, trying to give a receiver a chance to get open. It's similar to what Mahomes does, but Williams is more athletic. He should definitely cut back on it though. He doesn't slide like he's played baseball. Outside of that, I don't see anything that scares me. Maybe you do.

I have mostly seen only highlights. There are 2 things that concern me about him and any quarterback with his physical makeup. Height. I have never cared for shorter QBs. 6'0 is a red flag. I'm also concerned about his build. Doesn't seem like the type of kid that will able to take a pounding from NFL linemen and linebackers. Will confess that I have always been partial to the 6'3 6'5 Qbs with cannons for arms. If you have mobility too (as Fields does) then all the better.

As far as him holding the ball too long. That is a slight concern. But it doesn't take precedence over the other stuff though. I've never been a fan of smaller Qbs. And when you look at their success rate in the NFL, you'd know exactly why that happens to be the case.

Quote:
For all of Williams’ unique playmaking ability, he stands only 6-1. Standing still in the pocket, Williams has to throw over blockers and rushers who are taller than he is. He has had more passes tipped at the line of scrimmage during camp than Fields ever did.

On Saturday, the Bears gave Williams another challenge. During seven-on-seven drills, they had four staffers stand at the line of scrimmage and hold blocking pads in the air to simulate the arms of defensive linemen with him in the pocket.

‘‘There’s real throwing lanes in real football,’’ Eberflus said. ‘‘We started to implement those pads just to simulate passing lanes and different arm angles he might have to use during the course of 11-on-11, team [drills] and then in the game.’’

That was your takeaway from that article?

I've seen the tipped passes reports. It sounds like they're primarily coming from Dexter. Dexter and a lot taller than all of the interior linemen Caleb will likely see. As has also been reported, Caleb's arm angles allow him to find lanes that others wouldn't be able to.

It sounds like Caleb is still somewhat struggling with some procedural things, but his teammates routinely praise his passing ability. Even with all of the offensive lineman injuries, the first team offense hasn't been forced to play against the 2nd team defense. That happened a lot with Fields. It's early, but I'm still encouraged.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
I tried to warn you!
Nas wrote:

Quote:

I've seen the tipped passes reports. It sounds like they're primarily coming from Dexter. Dexter and a lot taller than all of the interior linemen Caleb will likely see. As has also been reported, Caleb's arm angles allow him to find lanes that others wouldn't be able to.

It sounds like Caleb is still somewhat struggling with some procedural things, but his teammates routinely praise his passing ability. Even with all of the offensive lineman injuries, the first team offense hasn't been forced to play against the 2nd team defense. That happened a lot with Fields. It's early, but I'm still encouraged.

The reports I have heard (from Schrock, Wiederer, Hoge, Jahns, Braggs, Moreano, and others) indicate that Williams has the ability to "layer" the ball between defenders with impressive precision and is way ahead of Fields in this regard. Reports also indicate that he "gets the ball out" much faster and more accurately than Fields did on screens and bang-bang plays, which means these short passes have greater potential to go for big gains. He's also apparently throwing with anticipation on a regular basis, something Fields rarely showed in practice or games during his Bears tenure.

I think we all know that Williams has less than ideal size for the position, but he appears to have many other physical and mental assets that will allow him to deftly compensate for that shortcoming.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:34 am 

Nas wrote:
I tried to warn you!
Nas wrote:

Quote:

All teammates praise teammates while they are teammates. I never put much stock in that. But that they are already running drills designed for him to get the ball over the top of linemen is concerning however. At that size it's going to be tough for him to see over defensive linemen. The kid looks small.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
I tried to warn you!
Nas wrote:

Quote:

The reports I have heard (from Schrock, Wiederer, Hoge, Jahns, Braggs, Moreano, and others) indicate that Williams has the ability to "layer" the ball between defenders with impressive precision and is way ahead of Fields in this regard. Reports also indicate that he "gets the ball out" much faster and more accurately than Fields did on screens and bang-bang plays, which means these short passes have greater potential to go for big gains. He's also apparently throwing with anticipation on a regular basis, something Fields rarely showed in practice or games during his Bears tenure.

I think we all know that Williams has less than ideal size for the position, but he appears to have many other physical and mental assets that will allow him to deftly compensate for that shortcoming.

Yep! We also haven’t heard, “Caleb is getting a really good command of the huddle,” which is code for “He sucks as a passer.” We heard that a lot from players and coaches with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:54 am 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
I tried to warn you!
Nas wrote:

Quote:

Yep! We also haven’t heard, “Caleb is getting a really good command of the huddle,” which is code for “He sucks as a passer.” We heard that a lot from players and coaches with (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and Fields.

Last week they made a?huge deal out of him asking teammates to clean up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

That was one player talking about how he was becoming a leader. I didn't personally like that anecdote from a rookie, but apparently that's a thing around the league with winning organizations.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:13 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Hey Writer Bob. If "Budding Star" Darnell Mooney were on this Bears team he'd be at best considered a #4 receiver

After two pretty good season (140 catches combined) I said he was a "budding star" which was accurate at the time. This isn't the "gotcha" you think it is. You're reaching. Go back to preparing your indoctrination lesson plans and stay out of football talk, loser.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:23 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

After two pretty good season (140 catches combined) I said he was a "budding star" which was accurate at the time. This isn't the "gotcha" you think it is. You're reaching. Go back to preparing your indoctrination lesson plans and stay out of football talk, loser.

To illustrate just how stupid your thoughts are, there's this
Caller Bob wrote:

DJ Moore was only on the team during one of those 2 years in which MOONEY sucked "Writer Bob"

And if you really knew football in the way in which you claim, then you'd have known that his 2 "breakout seasons" were mostly the result of being the Tallest Midget of a rather putrid receiving corps.

And while you claim that Fields was "one read" he must have been at least 2. Kmet had no problem with catching 73 passes last season

Your "thoughts" suck Writer Bob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:48 am 

But wait. I thought (or heard from CFMB Football Gurus) that the non stop pressure faced by Justin Fields was the product of Justin Fields holding the Ball too long. With this being the case, then why would Flus even consider holding CW out for a second straight game? Now I know that the vaunted (At least by CFMB gurus) Oline is hurt, but that shouldn't matter if you can "read defenses" and "get rid of the ball quickly" should it? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
But wait. I thought (or heard from CFMB Football Gurus) that the non stop pressure faced by Justin Fields was the product of Justin Fields holding the Ball too long. With this being the case, then why would Flus even consider holding CW out for a second straight game? Now I know that the vaunted (At least by CFMB gurus) Oline is hurt, but that shouldn't matter if you can "read defenses" and "get rid of the ball quickly" should it? Just Asking A Question
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2024 ... iams-issue

Probably because Flus(h) doesn't want to take any chances before the season starts. My bones are still rattling from the infamous hit Fields took in that preseason game against Buffalo during his rookie year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:53 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

To illustrate just how stupid your thoughts are, there's this
Caller Bob wrote:

DJ Moore was only on the team during one of those 2 years in which MOONEY sucked "Writer Bob"

And if you really knew football in the way in which you claim, then you'd have known that his 2 "breakout seasons" were mostly the result of being the Tallest Midget of a rather putrid receiving corps.

And while you claim that Fields was "one read" he must have been at least 2. Kmet had no problem with catching 73 passes last season

Your "thoughts" suck Writer Bob

Not as much as your attempted "gotchas" to own someone. Get a life and get off my bumper, loser.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:58 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Not as much as your attempted "gotchas" to own someone. Get a life and get off my bumper, loser.

I'm n̈ot the clown that has literally spent months trying to run someone out of a meaningless section on a meaningless message board "Writer Bob". You're the dope that has spent months hanging on my bumper anytime i dare to make a football comment. And if I really cared that much about you and your dumbass thoughts I would have called you on it years ago. It's not as if you weren't generally regarded as the "Village id**t" with regards to this section during that time

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:04 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

Probably because Flus(h) doesn't want to take any chances before the season starts. My bones are still rattling from the infamous hit Fields took in that preseason game against Buffalo during his rookie year.

I've repeatedly been told by "esteemed football gurus" such as Writer Bob that line play matters little as long as you get rid of the ball quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Getting rid of the football quickly isn't easy. What used to be a Joe Montana and Tom Brady thing is now demanded unless you are Lamar or Mahomes.

I think Fields main problem is he can't throw over the middle. Film has shown hundreds of times he won't do it unless it's a tight end at a dead stop.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:19 am 

Nardi wrote:
Getting rid of the football quickly isn't easy. What used to be a Joe Montana and Tom Brady thing is now demanded unless you are Lamar or Mahomes.

I think Fields main problem is he can't throw over the middle. Film has shown hundreds of times he won't do it unless it's a tight end at a dead stop.

But why hold Caleb Williams out if he does? The kid needs to play in the preseason. And play quite a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

I've repeatedly been told by "esteemed football gurus" such as Writer Bob that line play matters little as long as you get rid of the ball quickly.

We saw the great Tyson Bagent avoid getting sacked a million times. Joe Burrow has done well outside of his rookie year with arguably a bottom 5 offensive line. No one was better than Brady and Marino when it came to getting rid of the ball. Getting rid of the ball quickly definitely helps an offensive line. Being able to move in the pocket does as well. I don't think this can be disputed.

Don't look so desperate. You're trying to take victory laps before a game has been played by anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:32 am 

Nardi wrote:

But why hold Caleb Williams out if he does? The kid needs to play in the preseason. And play quite a bit.

He should play a half. No question.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:35 am 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

We saw the great Tyson Bagent avoid getting sacked a million times. Joe Burrow has done well outside of his rookie year with arguably a bottom 5 offensive line. No one was better than Brady and Marino when it came to getting rid of the ball. Getting rid of the ball quickly definitely helps an offensive line. Being able to move in the pocket does as well. I don't think this can be disputed.

Don't look so desperate. You're trying to take victory laps before a game has been played by anyone.

He's not doing the rookie any favors by sitting him. It's like any job. Prep isn't experience. Not even close.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:

I generally agree, but outside of getting hit, I think he's gotten better work than any rookie quarterback that's been drafted recently. They'll also practice against the Bengals next week.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:41 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He's not doing the rookie any favors by sitting him. It's like any job. Prep isn't experience. Not even close.

I think the Bears defense has been more than helpful to his development. Getting hit is important, but he was going to see a lot of vanilla defenses in the preseason. We saw (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky destroy our vanilla defense.

Edit: Just so I'm clear, I still want him to play.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:

We saw the great Tyson Bagent avoid getting sacked a million times. Joe Burrow has done well outside of his rookie year with arguably a bottom 5 offensive line.

Burrow has to be wondering if he made the wrong decision going with Chase over Sewell in that draft. Seemed like the right call when they immediately made the Super Bowl, but maybe not the correct choice for Burrow's career longevity. Doesn't help that they messed up the 2nd round OL pick in the same draft.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

We saw the great Tyson Bagent avoid getting sacked a million times. Joe Burrow has done well outside of his rookie year with arguably a bottom 5 offensive line.

Burrow has to be wondering if he made the wrong decision going with Chase over Sewell in that draft. Seemed like the right call when they immediately made the Super Bowl, but maybe not the correct choice for Burrow's career longevity. Doesn't help that they messed up the 2nd round OL pick in the same draft.

It should be easier to draft and sign competent offensive linemen than to find a great receiver in the draft or free agency. The Bengals have managed to fail at both when it comes to finding offensive line help. He gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone and still takes a beating. That's how bad they are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 75  Next