It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
But wait. I thought (or heard from CFMB Football Gurus) that the non stop pressure faced by Justin Fields was the product of Justin Fields holding the Ball too long. With this being the case, then why would Flus even consider holding CW out for a second straight game? Now I know that the vaunted (At least by CFMB gurus) Oline is hurt, but that shouldn't matter if you can "read defenses" and "get rid of the ball quickly" should it? Just Asking A Question
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2024 ... iams-issue

Probably because Flus(h) doesn't want to take any chances before the season starts. My bones are still rattling from the infamous hit Fields took in that preseason game against Buffalo during his rookie year.

Fields was elite at having zero awareness of guys rushing directly at his face.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Should be enough time to call him a bust or future HoF

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
But "He Can't Throw"

https://x.com/najeeadams_/status/1819834559078261038

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222

There's a Fields thread, Killah. The season starts in a month.

He was a little bouncy for a clean pocket, but it was a solid throw.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:26 pm 

Nas wrote:

This is a Fields thread. As a Long Time Sports Guy, I know that the careers of these 2 Young QBs are inextricably linked. That's why I initiated the thread in the first place

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:10 pm 

Nas wrote:

This is a Fields thread. As a Long Time Sports Guy, I know that the careers of these 2 Young QBs are inextricably linked. That's why I initiated the thread in the first place

If Williams is good no one will care about Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
There is no reason to care about fields as it is.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:10 pm 

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

What universe do you reside in?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:41 am 

I want Fields to start enough games to get us a 4th rounder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sounds pretty logical to me? You just don't seem to believe in the possibility that Williams could be good-great and Fields be exactly what he's been.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:22 am 

City of Fools wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sounds pretty logical to me? You just don't seem to believe in the possibility that Williams could be good-great and Fields be exactly what he's been.

Bricksonian Logic is never logical. If both are "good" it's still a loss for the Bears. And if Caleb is merely "good" but not "great" it's still a loss for the Bears. You don't draft #1 overall picks to be simply "good". You draft them to be GREAT. The Bears didn't trade Justin Fields because they believed Caleb to be "good". They traded Justin Fields because they believed Caleb Williams would be great. They didn't want to pass on a "Generational Talent". If CW isn't that, or close to that, then it's still a loss for Da Bears

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:26 am 

Didn’t they trade Fields because he wasn’t great then too according to that logic, if he was great, they wouldn’t have drafted Caleb.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
If Williams is merely " good" , exceeds Fields passing numbers ( which shouldnt be hard) and the Bears start making conference finals and or Super Bowls, its 100% a win and the right move for them.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:58 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Didn’t they trade Fields because he wasn’t great then too according to that logic, if he was great, they wouldn’t have drafted Caleb.

Regardless of whether Fields is on the roster or not, Caleb Williams cannot merely be a "good player". #1 Picks aren't drafted simply to be "good". Particularly in a draft considered to be loaded with talent..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:03 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Regardless of whether Fields is on the roster or not, Caleb Williams cannot merely be a "good player". #1 Picks aren't drafted simply to be "good". Particularly in a draft considered to be loaded with talent..

I thought this was considered a weak draft.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:17 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The Bears traded Justin Fields moreso for who they believe (Generational Talent) Caleb Williams to be than who they believed Fields to be. If not for "Generational Talent" Caleb Williams or someone like him, Fields is still on the roster. Let us not forget that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:18 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The Bears traded Justin Fields moreso for who they believe (Generational Talent) Caleb Williams to be than who they believed Fields to be. If not for "Generational Talent" Caleb Williams or someone like him, Fields is still on the roster. Let us not forget that.

Man, a guy can dream.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

This I agree with. Fields pending contract decision didn’t help but I’m not sure they’d have launched him for Daniels or Maye.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
If the bears thought fields was even as good as just "good", they'd have not been looking for a qb, they'd have been looking for linemen. Fact is the bears knew that fields wasn't their guy. Maybe he's someone else's guy, which is fine. Let him succeed somewhere else.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
[quote="The Doctor Of Style"][quote="Hawg Ass"]Didn’t they trade Fields because he wasn’t great then too according to that logic, if he was great, they wouldn’t have drafted Caleb.[/quote]

Regardless of whether Fields is on the roster or not, Caleb Williams cannot merely be a "good player". #1 Picks aren't drafted simply to be "good". Particularly in a draft considered to be loaded with talent..[/quote]

Where was it agreed upon that Fields was good?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

This I agree with. Fields pending contract decision didn’t help but I’m not sure they’d have launched him for Daniels or Maye.

I think they would have drafted a McCarthy or something later, but Fields would definitely be the quarterback if Caleb wasn't in the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
If the bears thought fields was even as good as just "good", they'd have not been looking for a qb, they'd have been looking for linemen. Fact is the bears knew that fields wasn't their guy. Maybe he's someone else's guy, which is fine. Let him succeed somewhere else.

They wanted a win because of guy. That's what Poles said he believes Caleb is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
a retard wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

We've got quote function abuse and tweet tag mismanagement all in one page of this stupid thread. Oh Marone!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:19 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
a genius wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

We've got quote function abuse and tweet tag mismanagement all in one page of this stupid thread. Oh Marone!

It's only "stupid" whenever you decide to chime in Writer Bob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:22 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Yep. And I'm certain C.J. Stroud blowing up as a rookie factored into it as well. Can't "miss" On a top tier guy 2 years in a row.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:26 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Man, a guy can dream.

Sounds good but your Packers had squeak into the playoffs just ahead of a Justin Fields led team last year. Your tricks quite obviously work with the likes of a Writer Bob(who wouldn't know an NFL talent if his byline depended on it) but they don't work with me.
The Packers being only slightly better than a shitty Bears team is nothing to gloat about.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:28 pm 

Considering our quarterback was a first year starter and the way the team played the last 10 games down the stretch, I would say you are wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Considering our quarterback was a first year starter and the way the team played the last 10 games down the stretch, I would say you are wrong.

A lot of your wins over those 10 games were lucky or questionable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:03 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

A lot of your wins over those 10 games were lucky or questionable.

Really?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:37 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

"Good" would be a pretty significant upgrade from Fields in Chicago.

I get you want to set the bar as high as possible but going into a game thinking our qb is probably throwing for over 250 yards would be nice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 75  Next