It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:46 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
He's just not that annoying anymore.

I can't believe this is true....I don't consume much of anything that his voice would violate my ears - occasionally I catch transition, and hear him lecturing everyone in the studio about something super important, and that's just about as much annoying as I can stomach. While I do check in on the morning and afternoon shows from time to time, I absolutely do all I can to avoid Larry so never hear him in his natural habitat (much like I proudly never listened to more than 15 seconds of his old evening show).

Does the guy have actual fans? How can you be on the air for as long as he has been and not have a loyal army (see Danny Mac, North etc)? Whenever I hear him do his deep breath then say "look..." as he launches into some history lesson I just can't fathom someone listening who is like "oh yah, here it comes".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Harry Seaward wrote:
Does the guy have actual fans? .

Yeah, you see them a lot in Facebook comments. He seems to have a decent base of normies who like the nerd-culture/sports fusion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Curious Hair wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
Does the guy have actual fans? .

Yeah, you see them a lot in Facebook comments. He seems to have a decent base of normies who like the nerd-culture/sports fusion.

I know a guy, white, 50's, normal sports fan, in sales (so drives a lot), who really does like him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:19 am 

His house of L is consistently around 2,000 views, so he probably that's the max for Lawrence groupies.

They need a name to grow the group. Sirhead Sirheads?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:52 am 
1000 CLUB

Harry Seaward wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
He's just not that annoying anymore.

I can't believe this is true....I don't consume much of anything that his voice would violate my ears - occasionally I catch transition, and hear him lecturing everyone in the studio about something super important, and that's just about as much annoying as I can stomach. While I do check in on the morning and afternoon shows from time to time, I absolutely do all I can to avoid Larry so never hear him in his natural habitat (much like I proudly never listened to more than 15 seconds of his old evening show).

Does the guy have actual fans? How can you be on the air for as long as he has been and not have a loyal army (see Danny Mac, North etc)? Whenever I hear him do his deep breath then say "look..." as he launches into some history lesson I just can't fathom someone listening who is like "oh yah, here it comes".

He tries so hard to remind the audience of his credentials. Is Laurence able to watch Hard Knocks in the same way a regular fan is because of his knowledge of TV Production and his inside information into how the Bears work?

Lawrence thinks he's some hard hitting journalist when he's really a sports reporter who tries to buddy up to players on the team and who happens to have some of the worst takes of anyone I've heard in the media.

He loves to make sure the audience knows that he and Leila/Dan tell you things that you just need to read between the lines on, etc.

He's become an ambassador of sports media and think's he is some sort of guardian of the media while making everything about identify politics. He doesn't seem to understand that most people think he (and the media) have agenda's and aren't trustworthy.

Amusing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
today's transition, when discussing sons hiring their fathers (like Brian Callahan), even offering the disclaimer "if qualified" and 3 of the 4 hosts treating it appropriately unseriously

Lawrence, completely serious: "I think I could be my dad's department chair"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:06 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
today's transition, when discussing sons hiring their fathers (like Brian Callahan), even offering the disclaimer "if qualified" and 3 of the 4 hosts treating it appropriately unseriously

Lawrence, completely serious: "I think I could be my dad's department chair"

:lol: yeah I caught that. He was so desperate to fit into the conversation he was afraid he would be left out with meatpants.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6