It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
I just heard the Wiederer interview. Caleb loves the Brady and Kobe mentality. He looks up to both players. I think I'm in love.

Loving it and being it aren't the same as evidenced by Hard Knocks. Are you saying he hides it well?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
I just heard the Wiederer interview. Caleb loves the Brady and Kobe mentality. He looks up to both players. I think I'm in love.

Loving it and being it aren't the same as evidenced by Hard Knocks. Are you saying he hides it well?

What from Hard Knocks says he isn't it?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:04 pm 

Regular nice guy. Controlled no conversations with teammates or coaches. Wasn't peppering anybody with questions or assertions. Saw no curiosity. Saw a guy fairly satisfied.

I thought you were a Kobe guy. Then you are well aware of his personality.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Regular nice guy. Controlled no conversations with teammates or coaches. Wasn't peppering anybody with questions or assertions. Saw no curiosity. Saw a guy fairly satisfied.

I thought you were a Kobe guy. Then you are well aware of his personality.

I'm just going to assume you're fucking with me, but still play along.

The kid has gone to GOAT Mountain multiple times this year to pick the brain of Brady. Unlike Moses, Caleb didn't break anything. He's now on the TB12 diet. The coaches have had to tell him to go to bed because he's texting them in the middle of the night trying to understand the "why" behind things. Some random person saw him eating dinner with Tim Grover and told a reporter. When asked about it, Caleb shared that he went searching for insight into how Michael and Kobe did things. There may be some of that Kobe youthful ignorance, but his teammates have volunteered to talk about how competitive he is on and off the field. He gives flowers to all of the old guys on their way out, but he refuses to praise Mahomes or Burrow, guys that he will be competing against for the crown.

The kid is more of a refined Kobe. He's cognizant of how quarterbacks are expected to carry themselves in front of cameras. I'm not sure that will always hold up in a game, but he's trying. The Kobe arrogance is there, but in a more digestible way. He's not as vanilla as Brady was, but he's trying to have a similar approach. Setting expectations and leading by example, e.g., clean this fucking locker room up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:29 pm 

I checked the video. His meeting with Eberflus was unenlightening. His QB meetings, unenlightening.

Stories are stories. I don't know if they're branding bullshit like "rewriting history".

If you could, show me what Brady says about him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nardi wrote:
I checked the video. His meeting with Eberflus was unenlightening. His QB meetings, unenlightening.

Stories are stories. I don't know if they're branding bullshit like "rewriting history".

I read that Brady said Caleb and Gisele get their nails done in the same salon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:57 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I read that Brady said Caleb and Gisele get their nails done in the same salon.

Do they wear matching purses too and are they JORR approved?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:47 am 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Good enough to have his number retired. I guess he won a Heisman.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
QB whisperer Bill Belichick.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
I guess we will see but a total of 20 passes isn't much of a test for any rookie quarterback as far as I am concerned and even fewer were done against NFL starting defensive players. To me, he has not proved much of anything. We will see.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:08 am 

Belicek has a girlfriend who is in her 20s. If he is watching pre season football games, he is doing life wrong. That analysis is so superficial it reads like it was written by his production intern for the show.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:14 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Belicek has a girlfriend who is in her 20s. If he is watching pre season football games, he is doing life wrong. That analysis is so superficial it reads like it was written by his production intern for the show.

Also, the notion that Williams' preseason highlights weren't that impressive is absolutely insane.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The greatest coach of all time is basically saying Caleb isn't that good. Bears fans can't catch a break :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Belichick was hired as an analyst.I would expect him to. be watching NFLX.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:12 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Also, the notion that Williams' preseason highlights weren't that impressive is absolutely insane.

Would have asked him how he looked compared to M.Jones preseason highlights.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:17 am 
100000 CLUB

I think he was essentially saying he wants to wait until the regular season to judge Caleb. I think that's fair. Of course, he wasn't high on Caleb coming out of college, so there could also be some stubbornness involved.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
I'm riding with this evaluation before NFLX started.
Will make the "wow" play...great instincts..loose with the ball in the pocket...can he play within the structure of an NFL offense?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:59 am 

ShortTimeLurker wrote:
Will make the "wow" play...great instincts..loose with the ball in the pocket...can he play within the structure of an NFL offense?

And that sir, is why sports are great. We WILL get an answer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

What if he’s like Justin Fields and we’ll never know how good he is because everybody around him is constantly failing him?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:20 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nardi wrote:
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

What if he’s like Justin Fields and we’ll never know how good he is because everybody around him is constantly failing him?

We WILL get an answer. I doubt he can retire(or get cut) without one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nardi wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nardi wrote:
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

We WILL get an answer. I doubt he can retire(or get cut) without one.

Yep. Like the great Mark Aguirre once infamously when Adrian Dantley was talking shit about being better than him, just roll the damn ball out".
Bears management already provided him with the weapons, now its on him.

And more than anyone, it's been Bears management that has validated what JFields people have been saying all regarding "supporting cast" and "play calling"

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:45 pm 

Some say he's great, some say he sucks, I say he'll have a nice career as a backup. There's no shame in that. QB is by far the most difficult position in sports and having a 6-9 yr NFL career is pretty outstanding in my book. Justin never had to be great. Caleb does. He's in the Manning, Luck, Elway position. The no excuses position. Everything is on the line. That's something that isn't brought up much because of the positivity of being the Chicago Bears Jesus.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Some say he's great, some say he sucks, I say he'll have a nice career as a backup. There's no shame in that. QB is by far the most difficult position in sports and having a 6-9 yr NFL career is pretty outstanding in my book. Justin never had to be great. Caleb does. He's in the Manning, Luck, Elway position. The no excuses position. Everything is on the line. That's something that isn't brought up much because of the positivity of being the Chicago Bears Jesus.

No Baker Mayfield? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:18 pm 

Was he billed as generational?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Billy B. already playing the game and creating sound bites lol.. he knows exactly what he’s doing.

This thing goes live in a couple days, all questions will start to be answered soon enough.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Everyone I've heard on ESPN--including Greenberg, Orlovsky, Riddick, Clark, and a few other generic "analysts"--seem to think Daniels is more likely to be good than Williams is. It will indeed be interesting to see how this goes. Can't wait for Sunday!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Everyone I've heard on ESPN--including Greenberg, Orlovsky, Riddick, Clark, and a few other generic "analysts"--seem to think Daniels is more likely to be good than Williams is. It will indeed be interesting to see how this goes. Can't wait for Sunday!

Only one or two of them likely believes that. There are a lot of sports aggregators getting paid six to eight figures. Greeny is definitely one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:15 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Everyone falls in love with the quarterback who can throw(unlike Fields) who can also run. Then, that player gets injured and is never the same until they stop running so much. So, just like Anthony Richardson last year, everyone will love Daniels until he gets knocked out for the season.

Lamar Jackson is obviously the exception as he has been able to avoid missing significant time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next