It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
First time listening in years and Dan Bernstein was an angry little bitch during transition because he has to be on with a Barstool guy :lol:

He threw a bitch fit because Eddie called him "Bernstein"

So predictable. I came to this thread specifically to see if Dan or Leery were being petulant bitches because.a Barstool employee was hosting. I didn't think he'd be that bitchy. What a tool.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Here is Bernstein's face when Spiegs announces "It's Spiegs and Eddie from Barstool"

He was probably pissed that Mitch allowed Eddie on there despite having no clue who Eddie is. Anyone who is familiar with him knows that Eddie is a harmless teddy bear. He's one of the nicest guys at Barstool. He is the type of person who always says nice things about people and would give you the shirt off of your back. Mitch has no problem with him being there as Mitch himself has actually been a guest on one of Eddie's podcasts to talk shop.

There isn't a person in the world who would probably have a bad thing to say about Eddie. If anything he should be more confrontational as it could make for some good radio/podcasting. Instead he is the guy playing referee between WSD, Chief, and whoever they are beefing with during snake drafts.

I get a feeling everything Bernstein thinks he knows about Barstool is probably whatever Julie DiCaro or the ex-Deadspin (now Defector) crew told him so he honestly is clueless about what they really are.

Lmao no way. Is that actually the face he made at that time? What an absolute embarrassment. I hope Shane keeps bringing barstool people on. It's obviously an intelligent move if they want to bring in additional viewers. Bernstein might feel a bit threatened.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:05 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Spiegs: "I believe this is a historic pairing, a Barstool employee and a Score employee together."

Senor: [turns to camera] Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Thanks for putting the twitch up. A commercial broke in 10 seconds before the part on the podcast transition and edited it out. I will be honest, at first thought a weird bit they may use to drive up ratings, but editing the podcast? And i honestly have no idea what Eddie did wrong?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Derplington wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Here is Bernstein's face when Spiegs announces "It's Spiegs and Eddie from Barstool"

He was probably pissed that Mitch allowed Eddie on there despite having no clue who Eddie is. Anyone who is familiar with him knows that Eddie is a harmless teddy bear. He's one of the nicest guys at Barstool. He is the type of person who always says nice things about people and would give you the shirt off of your back. Mitch has no problem with him being there as Mitch himself has actually been a guest on one of Eddie's podcasts to talk shop.

There isn't a person in the world who would probably have a bad thing to say about Eddie. If anything he should be more confrontational as it could make for some good radio/podcasting. Instead he is the guy playing referee between WSD, Chief, and whoever they are beefing with during snake drafts.

I get a feeling everything Bernstein thinks he knows about Barstool is probably whatever Julie DiCaro or the ex-Deadspin (now Defector) crew told him so he honestly is clueless about what they really are.

Lmao no way. Is that actually the face he made at that time? What an absolute embarrassment. I hope Shane keeps bringing barstool people on. It's obviously an intelligent move if they want to bring in additional viewers. Bernstein might feel a bit threatened.

Yep, it was the face made at that precise moment.

Shane was definitely having fun with Eddie there. He gets along well with the Barstool guys and bringing more of them onto the Score would make for good radio. Spiegs and Eddie got along great

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Derplington wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
First time listening in years and Dan Bernstein was an angry little bitch during transition because he has to be on with a Barstool guy :lol:

So predictable. I came to this thread specifically to see if Dan or Leery were being petulant bitches because.a Barstool employee was hosting. I didn't think he'd be that bitchy. What a tool.

Larry actually seemed to be having fun with it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:24 am 

Ricky11Slade wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

The therapy he's selling every day isn't working on him. He's turned into Murph. I thought it was bad when their Jason Lieser segment got derailed into whether or not Bernstein and Lieser's kids should be called "geniuses" or simply brilliant by Loho but it incredibly got much worse as the hour went on. The station has never been worse than it is right now.

every one of the big time hosts has lost it by his late 50s. I think Dan is 54.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:32 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/2243107218

Around the 9:14:30 mark…

It’s tremendously embarrassing. Eddie from Barstool somehow remained calm despite being on the receiving end of a virtual stare down from a 60yr old 140 pounder.

Lets not overlook the anti catholicism at about the 9:13 mark.

He should be suspended for that. Fuck that guy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:35 am 

Reared on the Score wrote:
You can link right to the time it happened:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2243107218?t=9h14m31s

Oftentimes on this board, and especially with this show, people have imaginary radios and are projecting their own weird grievances.

But this was genuinely as strange as advertised!* The delivery was weird. Like JLN said above, Bernstein was clearly pissed off to have to talk to a Barstool-branded "personality" at all, so was looking for any opportunity to cut down this particular doofus.

I think it's a perfectly valid from Bernstein's perspective to find it demeaning to engage with Barstool. But his actual tantrum didn't make sense. Clearly 'Bernsie' is more familiar so why would he say that would be ok?

But that's besides the point: most of yous would call Bernstein a hypocrite if he played nice with Nice Guy Eddie after trashing Barstool for years, so who you crappin'?

*Weird enough to dig out my password after 5(?) years

It was like when NPR does an interview with someone from pop culture who is known for vulgarity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:48 am 

good dolphin wrote:

It’s tremendously embarrassing. Eddie from Barstool somehow remained calm despite being on the receiving end of a virtual stare down from a 60yr old 140 pounder.

That was awkward and probably intentional because Eddie is Catholic

At this point Bernstein has morphed into Keith Olbermann. That's not a good thing and probably gives us a good idea of how psychotic he will be in 10-15 years or so

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:56 am 

I'd love to see a special session of Jomboy reading Holmes' and Bernstein's lips after their mics are cut but before Twitch cuts the video.

Does Dan actually think they were doing Eddie the favor by having him on?

Didn't Eddie intern at the Score at some point in his career? I know he is a fan of what the station used to be. I'm sure he'd be in lockstep with the sentiments about if from here and wouldn't be surprised if he has read here. One of you closer to Barstool should give him a head's up.

Anyway, you can count the number of seconds on the monitor it took for Bernstein to respond. It's over half a minute with a conversation in between. That's great though, because you know Spiegs has a past with Dan's arrogance as well. They must have had a good laugh yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:08 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I'd love to see a special session of Jomboy reading Holmes' and Bernstein's lips after their mics are cut but before Twitch cuts the video.

Does Dan actually think they were doing Eddie the favor by having him on?

Didn't Eddie intern at the Score at some point in his career? I know he is a fan of what the station used to be. I'm sure he'd be in lockstep with the sentiments about if from here and wouldn't be surprised if he has read here. One of you closer to Barstool should give him a head's up.

Anyway, you can count the number of seconds on the monitor it took for Bernstein to respond. It's over half a minute with a conversation in between. That's great though, because you know Spiegs has a past with Dan's arrogance as well. They must have had a good laugh yesterday.

The few moments after Bernsie and Larry take off their headsets you can see Bernsie complaining to Larry about things. It was really awkard. Bernsies face during the whole deal was pretty funny. I would love to hear more about any backstory on the situation. Spiegs just seemed to roll with it

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Franky T wrote:
Derplington wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Larry actually seemed to be having fun with it.

Larry said he worked with Eddie before at NBC I think.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:26 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Gregorian chants of kill the Jews?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:29 am 

The funniest thought I had is. Just know what would happen if the score went belly up soon. Dan would gladly take a Barstool check and evolve…again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:53 am 

pittmike wrote:
The funniest thought I had is. Just know what would happen if the score went belly up soon. Dan would gladly take a Barstool check and evolve…again.

Big Cat probably would give Dan a sympathy job just for the fact that the old B&B is something he has cited as one of his inspirations when he was deciding on what he wanted PMT to be. You can kind of see where something like Friday Fung has lived on in ways at PMT via segments like "Hot Seat, Cool Throne", "Who's Back of the Week", "Fyre Fest of the Week", and "Guys on Chicks"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Dan is not evolving. He is devolving into something unrecognizable. What Ogie said about Eddie is true- he is incredibly nice. I do not consume much Barstool, but I used to listen to the Portnoy show with Eddie where they discussed Barstool internal gossip. My goodness did Eddie try to rein Portnoy in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:01 am 

I wouldn't be shocked if the Chicago guys do read the board on occasion. This is something WSD wrote a few years ago about Dan Bernstein. Every word of it is true

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/336 ... -this-week

Also say what you will about Tony La Russa, I was against his hiring, but man have things gotten significantly worse in his absence. Maybe he wasn't a problem after all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Well the Sox problem is much bigger than their manager. I mean Sale is about to win the Cy Young. How many good pitchers have been shipped off for lack of payroll?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

yes that last bit is the correct one. Bernstein is simply anti-Barstool.

It's not that hard to interpret. Why would Bernstein put in the effort to determine if Eddie is "one of the good ones", Barstool as a brand (and their owner especially) is against everything Bernstein stands for. Not just the "politics" (as if Portnoy has a genuine legitimate disagreement on issues...) but that they're amateurs compared to the professionals at Audacy (a podcast company).

Bernstein at a stage in his career where he doesn't have to give a shit about appealing to the Barstool listener. Plus he can throw this piss fit but is a made man with Mitch so that won't matter either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
"You can call me Dan, or Bernsy. But you don't know me like that."

What?

He is a cantankerous twat

I went back to the Twitch VOD and Bernstein is glaring into the camera on him as his said that. Then he starts fucking nodding as if to say "yeah, I just said that." Gotta believe it's not a weird hangup of his, but he was looking for any reason to settle some Barstool guy's hash for a few attaboys from his effeminate liberal friends. He knew transition was wrapping up and the opportunity hadn't presented itself, so he went with being pissy that called him by his full last name instead of a nickname.

Senor seems to be aging prematurely and in reverse at the same time, making him look like an elderly nine-year-old.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:43 am 

Other thought is Bernsie being all pro broadcaster while the kid is learning same at school.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:04 am 

Even if you think it is important that these guys "get to know" eachother beyond Barstool=sucks, as Eddie was the guest host it's more on him to extend towards Bernstein than vice versa

Asking "you a horoscope guy, Bernstein?" shows Eddie put in no such effort. Maybe that question in particular offended Dan, but I don't think so. I think he was coming into this annoyed his station was palling around with Barstool in the first place, and it didn't matter who the guy was or what he said.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:07 am 

Even if you think it is important that these guys "get to know" eachother beyond Barstool=sucks, as Eddie was the guest host it's more on him to extend towards Bernstein than vice versa

Asking "you a horoscope guy, Bernstein?" shows Eddie put in no such effort. Maybe that question in particular offended Dan, but I don't think so. I think he was coming into this annoyed his station was palling around with Barstool in the first place, and it didn't matter who the guy was or what he said.

Eddie asking that question seemed more like an attempt to change gears after Bernstein unprompted gave that weird Gregorian chant rant that was uncomfortable to listen to in the first place.

I honest to God hadn't heard Bernstein in years until yesterday (I only tuned in because I wanted wanted to hear Eddie with Spiegs). Is that what his show is now because holy crap that part was uncomfortable on it's own.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:25 am 

It smacks of how the print media treated the Score when it began.

I don't think Dan spends a minute researching the landscape of his business. I think he really believes he has more of a following than Barstool.

but, like you said, Dan only needs his paycheck from the Score for about five more years and he has more than enough capital at the station to limp through that timeframe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:26 am 

pittmike wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Gregorian chants of kill the Jews?

for a guy who has publicly questioned the safety of Jews over the years, not a peep from him about the war

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked if the Chicago guys do read the board on occasion. This is something WSD wrote a few years ago about Dan Bernstein. Every word of it is true

Also say what you will about Tony La Russa, I was against his hiring, but man have things gotten significantly worse in his absence. Maybe he wasn't a problem after all.

His absence?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:29 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Barstool would have made a great bit out of one of their guys saying, like Bernstein did, that he could turn on a 95 mph fastball. Lazy Dan's idea of creativity in radio is to have Joe Sheehan on to talk about OPS+

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:34 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Eddie asking that question seemed more like an attempt to change gears after Bernstein unprompted gave that weird Gregorian chant rant that was uncomfortable to listen to in the first place.

I honest to God hadn't heard Bernstein in years until yesterday (I only tuned in because I wanted wanted to hear Eddie with Spiegs). Is that what his show is now because holy crap that part was uncomfortable on it's own.

You must be a true non-believer as you say, because that is the Bernstein & Holmes experience the station has foisted on the listener for the past couple years. It's a terrible pairing. Whenever Lawrence tries to mix things up, it never works because 1) he's an insecure oddball with odd thoughts and 2) After Lawrence slowly/lowly gets his point out, Bernstein totally no-sells him

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Barstool would have made a great bit out of one of their guys saying, like Bernstein did, that he could turn on a 95 mph fastball. Lazy Dan's idea of creativity in radio is to have Joe Sheehan on to talk about OPS+

Funny thing is they went up to Northwestern's practice facility a few years ago and WSD actually did manage to turn on 98 mph fastballs from the pitching machine. I have to tip my hat, it was somewhat impressive for out of shape 30 year olds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leitq2viZqI

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next