It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
It smacks of how the print media treated the Score when it began.

And also how Bernstein felt about Mike North.

Now after the successful evolution to the thinking fan's station (even Parkins, though having bro sensibilities and palling around with the Barstool-sphere, is a Syracuse-forged broadcaster), they're going to backslide? Not on Bernstein's watch. Well, actually, yes on Bernstein's watch, but he's going to be pissy about it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Bernstein's petty bullying of an invited guest was appalling. Not to mention his 'satire' of gregorian chants, and his other spewage throughout the last decade is old, tired, not funny, and bad. I've had it with his limousine ass.

Guys like Bernstein think they're complicated. They're not. He's just a high IQ mouth breather. It's been proven you knock him down a peg, he's gets gentle as a lamb.

So, knock the pussy down a peg. Until then, its AM1000 in the car. It's supposed to be entertainment, not putting up with manchild.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:58 am 

:lol: bullying

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:12 am 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
First time listening in years and Dan Bernstein was an angry little bitch during transition because he has to be on with a Barstool guy :lol:

He threw a bitch fit because Eddie called him "Bernstein"

Haven't heard this yet, but will listen later.

Not surprising though. Bernstein, Holmes, etc. are so used to being around only like minded people, they throw fits if there is any diversity of thought.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
BD wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
First time listening in years and Dan Bernstein was an angry little bitch during transition because he has to be on with a Barstool guy :lol:

He threw a bitch fit because Eddie called him "Bernstein"

Haven't heard this yet, but will listen later.

Not surprising though. Bernstein, Holmes, etc. are so used to being around only like minded people, they throw fits if there is any diversity of thought.

Holmes, to his credit, acted like an adult during the transition. I don't necessarily think he is a fan of Barstool, but I also don't think he hates them the way Dan does.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nardi wrote:
Bernstein's petty bullying of an invited guest was appalling. Not to mention his 'satire' of gregorian chants, and his other spewage throughout the last decade is old, tired, not funny, and bad. I've had it with his limousine ass.

Guys like Bernstein think they're complicated. They're not. He's just a high IQ mouth breather. It's been proven you knock him down a peg, he's gets gentle as a lamb.

So, knock the pussy down a peg. Until then, its AM1000 in the car. It's supposed to be entertainment, not putting up with manchild.

I think it was CH who summed up Dan's personality as something like "a dumb person doing an impression of what they think a smart person is".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
pittmike wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/2243107218

Around the 9:14:30 mark…

It’s tremendously embarrassing. Eddie from Barstool somehow remained calm despite being on the receiving end of a virtual stare down from a 60yr old 140 pounder.

Lets not overlook the anti catholicism at about the 9:13 mark.

He should be suspended for that. Fuck that guy.

Gregorian chants of kill the Jews?

for a guy who has publicly questioned the safety of Jews over the years, not a peep from him about the war

Very true but he is always been a hipocrite. There is no dumb magic spaghetti god but I get my kid’s ceremonies all done and take my religious days off to fish.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:26 am 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I think it was CH who summed up Dan's personality as something like "a dumb person doing an impression of what they think a smart person is".

Dan thinks he's intelligent, but has some of the most ridiculous political/social takes and many of them are not even just bad opinions, they're factually wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:31 am 

Before I forget Dan had another gem yesterday or day before. They were talking about lawyers and really rich global firm partners. The background was a Larry idea about what would your alternative universe you be doing.

Dan wanted no part. Not allowing for anything and he’d likely be a lawyer with a bad wife and bad kids or something.

The reveal really was though that Dan nearly lost the argument about him doing something other than taking by the LSATs after Duke. His dad must have been hammering him hard. He’s always alluded to his education and career choices but not can out and clearly said it that I know of.

How sad it must be to be really smart, graduate from Duke and have a great career only to feel you disappointed your parents.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:37 am 

pittmike wrote:
Before I forget Dan had another gem yesterday or day before. They were talking about lawyers and really rich global firm partners. The background was a Larry idea about what would your alternative universe you be doing.

Dan wanted no part.

didn't hear this particular bit, but that's the Bernstein and Holmes show. Any attempt at talk beyond sports is painful, especially so because Larry fancies himself an interesting man with varied interests

now that it's 24/7 BEARS it won't be a problem much longer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:46 pm 

Bernstein is sporting a massive comb over these days. He looks so frail.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

You think of a women or a black guy from bar stool, called him Bernstein, Dan would have scolded them?

Of course not.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:22 pm 

Beardown wrote:
You think of a women or a black guy from bar stool, called him Bernstein, Dan would have scolded them?

Of course not.

Again, his name is in the show!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
pittmike wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Of course not.

Again, his name is in the show!

Mitch Rosen knows him like that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I'm unfamiliar with the guy's position at Barstool, and Dan probably was too, but Bernstein's fake tough guy hostility is quite possibly hilarious on another level considering he was being an absolute dickwad to a guy on his audition.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
I doubt anyone from barstool is auditioning for a seat on an FCC ruled sinking ship.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
TriColoredPastas wrote:
I doubt anyone from barstool is auditioning for a seat on an FCC ruled sinking ship.

Yeah it sounded a lot more like Shane had reached out to Eddie because they had spots to fill this week and Eddie would be happy to do it. He's definitely not looking to leave a stable situation at what is a profitable company that just invested a good chunk of money on their local operation to leave for a place that could get shut down at any time by corporate based upon what Audacy just did to WCBS.

If you're at Barstool and you're close with Dan (Big Cat) and Dave, you're set.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I'm unfamiliar with the guy's position at Barstool, and Dan probably was too, but Bernstein's fake tough guy hostility is quite possibly hilarious on another level considering he was being an absolute dickwad to a guy on his audition.

To get all Jordan Peterson, there’s nothing behind Bernstein’s threat given he’s physically unable to commit violence on Eddie. There’s no oasis hookup with Eddie in Bernstein’s future. No Sox park fisticuffs. Bernstein can try the female approach to threats via reputational slander and vague innuendos about harming Eddie’s career, but as many have pointed out, Barstool is a more comfortable spot than Bernstein’s terrestrial radio gig.

There’s literally nothing Bernstein can do aside from glare menacingly into Bernstein’s studio camera on Bernstein’s zoom link, or whatever video chat Audacy lets Bernstein use to set up remote conversations with Bernstein’s peers.

Bernstein.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:34 pm 

Was anything said today?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Leila spending her Sunday telling a "follower" to unfollow her after he told her to not be so negative.

She is right. Nobody forced this person to follow her, but what thin skin....

From the Barstool transition last week, even to a minor thing like this, just a reminder that the show with the hard-hitting thoughtful, but real serious takes and being on the right side of history....don't seem to take well to anyone who pushes back (or perceived to be).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:55 pm 

This "you don't know me like that" topic should really be it's own thread. Dan's reaction to some guy from Barstool conversationally referring to him by his last name is absolutely incredible.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2243107218?t=9h13m1s (I urge everyone to watch from this point forward)

Even if this guy Eddie had some track record of mocking Dan by name (which it sounds like he does not), of the three choices it seems like ole Eddie chose the one that should be the most acceptable.....yet Dan reacts like some sort of wannabe tough guy making sure this guy knows the pecking order, lol.

Absolutely incredible.

I actually had this on live whilst driving, and wasn't fully paying attention - I heard it, but wasn't really listening, and assumed (in the aftermath) that it was some sort of callback to an earlier comment and surely Dan was just joking. Seeing the video (him going from snickering guy to stonefaced angry dork) took it to another level.

I make it a habit to avoid the Larry and Dan spectacular, so don't have a super informed opinion on how much more Dan has devolved, but holy crap was this (as the kids would say) cringe. Yikes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Trump got shot in the ear!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:06 am 

pittmike wrote:
Was anything said today?

At the very end of Speigal's show he said something like "I don't like people who X....and people who take offense at being referred to by their last name". He was laughing but I do think there is some animosity between Dan and Matt from previous work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:15 am 

Harry Seaward wrote:
This "you don't know me like that" topic should really be it's own thread. Dan's reaction to some guy from Barstool conversationally referring to him by his last name is absolutely incredible.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2243107218?t=9h13m1s (I urge everyone to watch from this point forward)

You posted version adds to the discussion because it includes the live chat. Everyone in real time was also calling out Bernstine for being pissy and said he was with the previous days fill in as well.

His stare is ridiculous because he has no power over Eddie either physically or professionally. Bernstine's anger impacts Eddie about as much as Bill Gleason's impacted Mike North

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: State Line
Guy who'd probably lose a fight to Les Grobstein in his current state trying to stare menacingly. Lmao

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
good dolphin wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:

You posted version adds to the discussion because it includes the live chat. Everyone in real time was also calling out Bernstine for being pissy and said he was with the previous days fill in as well.

His stare is ridiculous because he has no power over Eddie either physically or professionally. Bernstine's anger impacts Eddie about as much as Bill Gleason's impacted Mike North

There are actually people in the chat that defended Dan. Those people need to take a long, hard look at their life.

it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Barstool guy shouldve said it again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:37 am 

Bernstein wins again

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:56 am 
1000 CLUB

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

Has there been any reaction from Barstool people on Dan's reaction?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:38 pm 

BD wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

Has there been any reaction from Barstool people on Dan's reaction?

you must not be as big of a fan of Barstool as you are of the WSCR hosts (of whom you hear everything they say, and then imagine some more stuff they didn't say)

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=132488

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next